HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Buyouts

Old
05-15-2013, 10:59 PM
Bonzai12

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
we're not in a situation where our roster spots are so overloaded with talent that we have to buy someone out

Bonzai12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 01:00 PM
kento
Talkin bout Practice

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
You can use them (every team has two) this summer and next.
I didn't know that. There is no reason to buy out Jones this year. Better to give him a shot next year since we will have plenty of cap room. If he sucks again he will be gone next summer.

kento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 01:23 PM
Avs For Life
#92 #9 #29

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai12 View Post
we're not in a situation where our roster spots are so overloaded with talent that we have to buy someone out
I guess we could just start a few of the D in the minors.

With our defense I am at the point where I think Elliott and Barrie just need to stay up. The problem with this is that we still have Zanon, SOB, Hunwick, Wilson, Johnson, Hejda, and, if we draft him, Jones. This is also not counting if Siemens looks REALLY good or something in camp.

Now there are three of those Dmen that I would rather not be in our starting lineup. Zanon, SOB, and Hunwick.

It should be a pretty interesting camp

Avs For Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 02:20 PM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

I have no problem with Hunwick being our 7th. We always seem to have injuries and he seems to be about the ideal kind of guy to ride the bench and then step in when needed. The fact is he's not a bad 5-7 man. He's steady and consistent...just not really good enough at any one aspect of the game to get top 4 minutes. All things equal I'd like Barrie and Jones to start the season in the NHL with roster spots (Seth can be sent down if he looks out of place after a few games but I don't think that's happening and Barrie has already earned a spot by proving to be better than ROB, Zannon and Hunwick. I really don't care how ROB and Zannon leave but they are simply holding the team back by existing in the NHL on a one way contract. If the AVs are willing to waive them and put them in the AHL it would actually help our AHL team if they clear and report. I would think they could be moved for a 7th or future considerations though as we get into the end of the summer, so I would hate to lose them for nothing on the waiver wire.

Whatever the AVs do though, they need to keep one compliance buyout available for next summer. Keep that bullet in case Davie Jones doesn't turn it around offensively. I wonder how much if any his salary/performance can impact the decision to try and keep all 3 centers or move one at the deadline.

expatriated_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 02:34 PM
Bubba Thudd
What a Sensation!

vCash: 5891
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatriated_texan View Post
I have no problem with Hunwick being our 7th. We always seem to have injuries and he seems to be about the ideal kind of guy to ride the bench and then step in when needed. The fact is he's not a bad 5-7 man. He's steady and consistent...just not really good enough at any one aspect of the game to get top 4 minutes. All things equal I'd like Barrie and Jones to start the season in the NHL with roster spots (Seth can be sent down if he looks out of place after a few games but I don't think that's happening and Barrie has already earned a spot by proving to be better than ROB, Zannon and Hunwick. I really don't care how ROB and Zannon leave but they are simply holding the team back by existing in the NHL on a one way contract. If the AVs are willing to waive them and put them in the AHL it would actually help our AHL team if they clear and report. I would think they could be moved for a 7th or future considerations though as we get into the end of the summer, so I would hate to lose them for nothing on the waiver wire.

Whatever the AVs do though, they need to keep one compliance buyout available for next summer. Keep that bullet in case Davie Jones doesn't turn it around offensively. I wonder how much if any his salary/performance can impact the decision to try and keep all 3 centers or move one at the deadline.
**SOB? ROB is already gone (thankfully)

Something is wrong with this world
Bubba Thudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 02:55 PM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
**SOB? ROB is already gone (thankfully)
Holy crap...can't believe I did that. Yes I meant SOB.

I'll give myself a 2 minute misconduct and feel shame.

expatriated_texan is offline   Reply With Quote