HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Will Ilya Bryzgalov's comments cost him his job?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-16-2013, 02:11 PM
  #101
whatthef
Failure is an Option
 
whatthef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Upper Darby
Country: United States
Posts: 4,612
vCash: 1000
Are we really supposed to care about this?

whatthef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 03:46 PM
  #102
Larry44
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 5,116
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DownieFaceSoftener View Post
Heh. Sorry. That was unnecessary, annoying, nitpicking on my part.
Not at all. And to Occupy's point, I actually thought about mentioning Dresden too, but I didn't want the thread to digress into a discussion of the brilliance of Vonnegut.

Larry44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 04:38 PM
  #103
BillDineen
Registered User
 
BillDineen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,677
vCash: 500
HFBoards needs to add "Gossip Column:" to the list of headers because "News Article:" is no longer accurate.

BillDineen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 04:41 PM
  #104
Mota
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 992
vCash: 500
Quote:
Bryzgalov's comments come as a shock to us, and if you are a big history buff, you'd know that Stalin actually killed three times more people than Adolf Hitler did during the Nazi Holocaust. So hearing Bryzgalov's thoughts on the late dictator who did these terrible things to his own people is very disconcerting.
This is a very ignorant comment from the article. Yeah, from an American perspective, Stalin was awful and did awful things...but in Russia his legacy is very controversial. Many many people share Bryz's opinions, even if to most Americans they seem a little uneasy. Growing up in Soviet Russia, I am sure Bryz's perspective on things is a lot difference than people growing up in a more Western Culture.

Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 04:46 PM
  #105
CSKA1974
Registered User
 
CSKA1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Flyerville
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 1,339
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDineen View Post
HFBoards needs to add "Gossip Column:" to the list of headers because "News Article:" is no longer accurate.
Agreed. The question i would like to ask: "will this article cost the journalist her job?"

CSKA1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 04:50 PM
  #106
DeflatedFootball7
Registered User
 
DeflatedFootball7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Belleville
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,946
vCash: 500
Imao stories about the Flyers could make Mary Hart's 10 most wanted list. Completely useless.

DeflatedFootball7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 05:06 PM
  #107
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSKA1974 View Post
Agreed. The question i would like to ask: "will this article cost the journalist her job?"
It's the same online website that employs Sam Charchidi and Frank Seravelli so I would say no.

LegionOfDoom91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 06:54 PM
  #108
The Flin Flon Bomber
Registered User
 
The Flin Flon Bomber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 961
vCash: 500
I defer my opinion of Bryz's comments until I hear his views on Trotsky. Or I could be a grownup and not a single **** will be given?

The Flin Flon Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 06:56 PM
  #109
ilovetheflyers8
Registered User
 
ilovetheflyers8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: D.C.
Country: French Guiana Independentist
Posts: 4,882
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YuioIklo View Post
Lol at the American journalists who think their opinions are superior to others. And I'm not a communist, btw. I don't like Stalin, but I don't like ideological imperialism like this retarded journalist is trying to do. That's so amateur, it's not even funny.
I don't know you sound pretty red to me

ilovetheflyers8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 07:37 PM
  #110
AaronTrieu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,885
vCash: 500
I love the irony. Journalist pissed at bryz for criticizing their professionalism and he retorts by spewing that crap. I don't like bryz's comments and they are his to make. But the media needs to get off their high horse that their opinion matters in business decisions.

AaronTrieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 07:44 PM
  #111
AaronTrieu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,885
vCash: 500
Clarification, I do think he should be amnestied, but not for his comments.

AaronTrieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 08:27 PM
  #112
Philadelphia Ducks
#BringBackBob
 
Philadelphia Ducks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,333
vCash: 500
His comments shouldn't cost him his job, it should be his horrific play that does. I'm done with Bryz though, he can say whatever the **** he wants, I just don't want him on this team anymore.

Philadelphia Ducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 09:00 PM
  #113
funghoul
retardo montalbon
 
funghoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: upper drugs
Country: United States
Posts: 1,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronTrieu View Post
I love the irony. Journalist pissed at bryz for criticizing their professionalism and he retorts by spewing that crap. I don't like bryz's comments and they are his to make. But the media needs to get off their high horse that their opinion matters in business decisions.
really. their trying so hard and failing miserably. i always new they were borderline retarded but now I'm convinced i am, too, for reading that rag, the daily news. its a special newspaper for special people. ah who my kiddin, i aint above reading garbage. its still better than the daily times. there's all misspelled words. sometimes they give you the wrong news. gotta love that fun fest in the mornin!

funghoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 09:10 PM
  #114
bennysflyers16
Registered User
 
bennysflyers16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 16,655
vCash: 50
TSN panel RIPPED Bryz. Pang , Ward and Bobby M said Flyers have no choice but to buy him out.

They think he is trying to get Bought out.

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 09:13 PM
  #115
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 37,808
vCash: 156
Pang knows things about goaltending.

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 09:14 PM
  #116
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
TSN panel RIPPED Bryz. Pang , Ward and Bobby M said Flyers have no choice but to buy him out.

They think he is trying to get Bought out.
If they buy him out I hope it's because of his play and not these comments otherwise, Media 2 Flyers 0.

LegionOfDoom91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 09:21 PM
  #117
StevensCakeBakerBacker
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country:
Posts: 1,287
vCash: 500
Can the Flyers amnesty the Philly sports media?

StevensCakeBakerBacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 09:28 PM
  #118
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener
 
SeanCWombBroom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 4,787
vCash: 500
Some of them need to be asked if they're willing to sign the list for "Integrity Island."

SeanCWombBroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 09:58 PM
  #119
Ryker
Registered User
 
Ryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Triangle, NC, USA
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 2,884
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
TSN panel RIPPED Bryz. Pang , Ward and Bobby M said Flyers have no choice but to buy him out.

They think he is trying to get Bought out.
That's why I'd rather watch NBC than Canadian broadcasts. Regardless of whether it's TSN, CBC or SportsNet, you get retards going all out on whoever is most convenient at the time.

Ryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 12:29 AM
  #120
MsWoof
Registered User
 
MsWoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
That's why I'd rather watch NBC than Canadian broadcasts. Regardless of whether it's TSN, CBC or SportsNet, you get retards going all out on whoever is most convenient at the time.
I think this is the first time I've ever heard someone say they prefer NBC to any of the Canadian broadcasters. What have these guys said that most of the hockey world hasn't said about Bryz? You do realize that if he would stop shooting his mouth off to the media he wouldn't look as bad as he does, right? We all know the Philly media sucks but why does he keep giving them ammunition? There is no reason to talk to them during the offseason.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 01:08 AM
  #121
MP92
Catching flies
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 3,429
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
I think this is the first time I've ever heard someone say they prefer NBC to any of the Canadian broadcasters. What have these guys said that most of the hockey world hasn't said about Bryz? You do realize that if he would stop shooting his mouth off to the media he wouldn't look as bad as he does, right? We all know the Philly media sucks but why does he keep giving them ammunition? There is no reason to talk to them during the offseason.
He wasn't talking to them. He was talking to the Russian media. I do agree with your point however that he should just zip his lip altogether.

MP92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 01:23 AM
  #122
Ryker
Registered User
 
Ryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Triangle, NC, USA
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 2,884
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOREacek View Post
He wasn't talking to them. He was talking to the Russian media. I do agree with your point however that he should just zip his lip altogether.
Why should he not answer questions honestly?

Ryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 01:34 AM
  #123
MP92
Catching flies
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 3,429
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
Why should he not answer questions honestly?
Because it does nothing but create more drama.

MP92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 01:35 AM
  #124
Ryker
Registered User
 
Ryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Triangle, NC, USA
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 2,884
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOREacek View Post
Because it does nothing but create more drama.
So it's his fault people react the way they do? He's nothing saying those things to create drama, so I don't get how that's a valid reason.

Ryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 02:05 AM
  #125
AaronTrieu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,885
vCash: 500
Article was written by a women (no offense) and she is also a vegetarian (no offense) and graduated last year. Season is over. Report on the world championship if she's really a hockey fan.

AaronTrieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:17 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.