HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

If you were Poile who would you trade?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-06-2013, 12:03 AM
  #51
thecloser
Registered User
 
thecloser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: brentwood, tn
Posts: 1,045
vCash: 500
i definitely think we could move a young d-man (blum, ellis, ekholm) in a package to try to bring Vanek here.

Also, if we draft Barkov, will he stick the entire season like MTL did with galchenyuk or will we play him 5 and send him down? I'd love to see a line of FF9/Barkov/Vanek

It'd be awesome to land Eriksson, especially since we'll be in a division with DAL next year!

We have to make some moves i think to be competitive as this year showed what happens when you lack scoring talent.

thecloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 12:04 AM
  #52
thecloser
Registered User
 
thecloser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: brentwood, tn
Posts: 1,045
vCash: 500
Just a thought; any way we could pry Grabner or Hamonic from NYI?

thecloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 12:16 AM
  #53
Predatorbill
Registered User
 
Predatorbill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 770
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecloser View Post
Just a thought; any way we could pry Grabner or Hamonic from NYI?
Sincerely doubt Hamonic.

Predatorbill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 12:40 AM
  #54
thecloser
Registered User
 
thecloser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: brentwood, tn
Posts: 1,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predatorbill View Post
Sincerely doubt Hamonic.
i know its a long-long shot

thecloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 09:50 AM
  #55
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Outside
Country: Scotland
Posts: 12,845
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecloser View Post
Just a thought; any way we could pry Grabner or Hamonic from NYI?
The Isles have finally climbed up out of the muck of eternal suck and are competing. I cant see them trading off assets this summer. They should be looking to add not subtract.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 10:38 AM
  #56
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 10,247
vCash: 500
Hamonic is every possible kind of untouchable. Young #1 D on an up and coming team that has no other good dmen.

I would assume Moulson is the same.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2013, 10:12 AM
  #57
I Will Son
An Army of One
 
I Will Son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 7,984
vCash: 500
Blum is gone, SK is gone, maybe Ellis.


Def Blum though

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2013, 10:40 AM
  #58
AtlantaWhaler
Moderator
Thrash/Preds/Sabres
 
AtlantaWhaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 11,444
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
Blum is gone, SK is gone, maybe Ellis.


Def Blum though
Not sure I see Blum getting enough of a return where trading him is worth it.

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2013, 10:47 AM
  #59
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,141
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Not sure I see Blum getting enough of a return where trading him is worth it.
with the scathing words from Trotz in his direction toward the end of the season, I think they may look to get any pick they can.

__________________
www.thepredatorial.com

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2013, 10:48 AM
  #60
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 17,257
vCash: 500
I didn't see the ones on Blum, just SK. What was said on Blum.

triggrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2013, 10:55 AM
  #61
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,141
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
I didn't see the ones on Blum, just SK. What was said on Blum.
I don't remember which game it was after, one of the last of the season, but I remember Cooper using the phrase "drawn scorn from Trotz" in regard to Blum, and then something along the lines of "playing himself out of a job."

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2013, 11:04 AM
  #62
AtlantaWhaler
Moderator
Thrash/Preds/Sabres
 
AtlantaWhaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 11,444
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
I don't remember which game it was after, one of the last of the season, but I remember Cooper using the phrase "drawn scorn from Trotz" in regard to Blum, and then something along the lines of "playing himself out of a job."
Quote:
But defenseman Jonathon Blum (2007) has found himself a healthy scratch at points and drawn the scorn of the coaching staff.
Quote:
Speaking of Blum, you have to wonder what his future holds with Nashville. Coach Barry Trotz has been critical of Blum recently, and the defensemanís ice time has dropped. He has gone pointless in his past seven games and is a minus-3 in that stretch. All the offseason work he put in doesnít seem to have paid off. Heís a restricted free agent after this year, and itís tough to see how the Predators see him moving forward.
http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...er-s-hat-trick

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 05:02 PM
  #63
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 28,835
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecloser View Post
Just a thought; any way we could pry Grabner or Hamonic from NYI?
22 yr old Hamonic plays 1st pairing mins and the isles think he's developing into a stud. I doubt he is moved.

Grabner's got 1 more cheap yr left on his deal, then two yrs in the $4.5m-$5m range.Isles have to spend to reach next season's $44m floor. I don't see Grabner going while in the cheap yrs of his deal. Maybe if Snow strikes out, on landing a #4/#5 d-man on the ufa market.

I expect Streit, Reasoner and maybe Aucoin/Nabby to leave.

CREW99AW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 08:22 AM
  #64
Persona5
Registered User
 
Persona5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 1,035
vCash: 700
Preds should go after Stasny. The Av's have been playing him on their 3rd line and he is closer to a top line center than even a 2nd line center. I wonder if the Av's would take our 2014 1st pick and either Blum or Ellis for him. May have to add in some form to that but we would have a top line center right away.

Persona5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 09:10 AM
  #65
token grinder
Registered User
 
token grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 4,130
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persona5 View Post
Preds should go after Stasny. The Av's have been playing him on their 3rd line and he is closer to a top line center than even a 2nd line center. I wonder if the Av's would take our 2014 1st pick and either Blum or Ellis for him. May have to add in some form to that but we would have a top line center right away.
If Stastny was closer to a first line center than a 2nd line center, a team as terrible as the Avs would nopt play him 3rd line minutes. They would have moves Duchene or ROR to the wing and let him center if he was closer to 1st line than 2nd line. Stastny is no better than what we have already got. We would then have 3 2nd-3rd line tweener centers

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 10:56 AM
  #66
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?
 
worstfaceoffmanever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,417
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
If Stastny was closer to a first line center than a 2nd line center, a team as terrible as the Avs would nopt play him 3rd line minutes. They would have moves Duchene or ROR to the wing and let him center if he was closer to 1st line than 2nd line. Stastny is no better than what we have already got. We would then have 3 2nd-3rd line tweener centers
Saying he was a third line center is a bit of a misnomer - he had the second-highest TOI per game among Colorado's forwards. Only Parenteau and Duchene played more power play time, and only Duchene played more shorthanded time. Sacco put Stastny on the ice in a lot of defensive situations, essentially putting him in the Legwand role and reducing his opportunities for offense.

Stastny has a track record of producing at a much higher level than what he has done this year - or even for the last couple of years - with the Avalanche, and has the ability to be a major scoring threat and first-line talent. It's an option worth exploring, especially if we end up with Drouin at the draft.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 04:09 PM
  #67
maplepred
Registered User
 
maplepred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,629
vCash: 500
I think we could get stastny for a first alone, nevermind Blum or Ellis as well. Especially not Ellis,

maplepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 04:29 PM
  #68
MrJoshua
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Decatur, AL
Posts: 393
vCash: 500
I'd love to see Stastny in gold. Bring him in for a draft pick and a prospect or Blum and I think it makes a big difference.

Wilson-Stastny-Kostitsyn (who I think will have a bounceback year)
Bourque-Fisher-Hornqvist
Smith-Legwand-Forsberg
Spaling-Gaustad-Clune/Yip

That's not a bad lineup. Much stronger up the middle. Three lines that can score, and a fourth line that will chip in some offense.

MrJoshua is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 05:22 PM
  #69
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Country: Italy
Posts: 23,329
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJoshua View Post
I'd love to see Stastny in gold. Bring him in for a draft pick and a prospect or Blum and I think it makes a big difference.

Wilson-Stastny-Kostitsyn (who I think will have a bounceback year)
Bourque-Fisher-Hornqvist
Smith-Legwand-Forsberg
Spaling-Gaustad-Clune/Yip

That's not a bad lineup. Much stronger up the middle. Three lines that can score, and a fourth line that will chip in some offense.
What if Barkov, Mackinnon or Drouin drops to us at the draft ? ... You've got to believe that one of those 3 will be penciled if not penned into the opening day lineup

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 05:52 PM
  #70
PFL615
Registered User
 
PFL615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Smashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,577
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJoshua View Post
I'd love to see Stastny in gold. Bring him in for a draft pick and a prospect or Blum and I think it makes a big difference.

Wilson-Stastny-Kostitsyn (who I think will have a bounceback year)
Bourque-Fisher-Hornqvist
Smith-Legwand-Forsberg
Spaling-Gaustad-Clune/Yip

That's not a bad lineup. Much stronger up the middle. Three lines that can score, and a fourth line that will chip in some offense.
Wouldn't you want to put Stastny with Smith after the success in the tourny which is why he is even being discussed.

Line 2:

Smith-Stastny-Forsberg

PFL615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 05:53 PM
  #71
Nashville Transplant
Registered User
 
Nashville Transplant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Nash/LA
Posts: 411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
What if Barkov, Mackinnon or Drouin drops to us at the draft ? ... You've got to believe that one of those 3 will be penciled if not penned into the opening day lineup
Let kids develop. 18 year old players should be in juniors. There are exceptions to this rule, but for the most part, teams would much rather let a prospect's body develop into a more NHL-ready situation. Thrusting children into a non or borderline playoff team's lineup is putting way to much undue pressure on them. If it means a year of development, you'll see much better results down the road.

Nashville Transplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 06:07 PM
  #72
Legionnaire11
Registered User
 
Legionnaire11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hendersonville
Country: United States
Posts: 2,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashville Transplant View Post
Let kids develop. 18 year old players should be in juniors. There are exceptions to this rule, but for the most part, teams would much rather let a prospect's body develop into a more NHL-ready situation. Thrusting children into a non or borderline playoff team's lineup is putting way to much undue pressure on them. If it means a year of development, you'll see much better results down the road.
Barkov's body is NHL ready.

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 06:08 PM
  #73
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Country: Italy
Posts: 23,329
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashville Transplant View Post
Let kids develop. 18 year old players should be in juniors. There are exceptions to this rule, but for the most part, teams would much rather let a prospect's body develop into a more NHL-ready situation. Thrusting children into a non or borderline playoff team's lineup is putting way to much undue pressure on them. If it means a year of development, you'll see much better results down the road.
Barkov is already 6-3 205 ... what should they do with him ? ... let him stay in Europe for one more year ?

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 07:26 PM
  #74
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD
 
Paranoid Android's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: CO
Posts: 11,533
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJoshua View Post
Stastny
Fisher
Legwand
Gaustad
Heck of a lot of money tied up in a bunch of mediocre centers... If we make a move for a center like Stastny, I think one of Legwand/Fisher needs to go the other way. Could move one to wing, but I feel like that's just a waste of their talents.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 07:43 PM
  #75
maplepred
Registered User
 
maplepred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,629
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
Barkov is already 6-3 205 ... what should they do with him ? ... let him stay in Europe for one more year ?
He will be in NHL, but should be a third line centre to start, so not to much pressure. He has already played and excelled against NHL players

maplepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:05 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.