Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Next Years Log Jam

Old
09-30-2006, 12:49 PM
ap3lovr

vCash: 500
Next Years Log Jam

Hey guys, I know it's way to early to post this, but dose anyone think we will have a bit of a log jam in prospects that are ready next year?

Kalus/Karsums/Krejci should all be ready. Redenbach/Rabbit/Pelletier/Versteeg /Walter will all have legitimate shots at camp aswell. On defense also we will have Lashoff more then ready to stepup and probably Sigalet aswell... Not to mention we get to see Alexandrov...

With Savard/Kessel/Bergeron/Boyes/Murray/Axelsson/Stastny/Mowers/Donovan and Chara/Mara/Jurcina/Alberts/M.Stuart all gaurenteed next year that leaves us with Little room for what could be a very large rookie class next year.

Any thoughts? Or am I worrying way to soon?

ap3lovr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 12:57 PM
JMiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap3lovr View Post
Hey guys, I know it's way to early to post this, but dose anyone think we will have a bit of a log jam in prospects that are ready next year?

Kalus/Karsums/Krejci should all be ready. Redenbach/Rabbit/Pelletier/Versteeg /Walter will all have legitimate shots at camp aswell. On defense also we will have Lashoff more then ready to stepup and probably Sigalet aswell... Not to mention we get to see Alexandrov...

With Savard/Kessel/Bergeron/Boyes/Murray/Axelsson/Stastny/Mowers/Donovan and Chara/Mara/Jurcina/Alberts/M.Stuart all gaurenteed next year that leaves us with Little room for what could be a very large rookie class next year.

My only thought is that I hope you are right because that would be a great problem to have.

JMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 12:58 PM
BostonPC

Quote:

These things have a way of working themselves out. Since most of these guys were not in Providence last year we have to see how they will do at that level. It is always nice to have extra prospects that could be used as trade bait or call-ups during the year. You can't have enough good prospects !!!

BostonPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 12:59 PM
Ch 4 Action News

I think you'll see some prospects seperate themselves from the pack, the rest will just have to spend another year in Providence since they'll continue to be under our control. Of course we could always use some of them as trade chips near the deadline. And if Lashoff and Sigalet continue to develop on D you could see one of Alberts, M.Stuart, or Jurcina dealt at this years deadline for some offense. If we are out of the playoff picture B.Stuart is most likely to be dealt for a young forward. I don't see us missing the playoffs this year though. I see us as a 4-6 seed.

Ch 4 Action News is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 01:08 PM
ranold26
The real Gahden

Don't count your chickens before they hatch.

ranold26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 01:08 PM
PlayMakers
Hockey's Future Staff

IMO, the only prospects who will be a "lock" to make the team next year are Kalus and Lashoff. I'd expect the rest of the guys to follow the Boyes route to the pros, with 2-3 years in A, developing their skills and getting stronger physically. Nothing wrong with that, it doesn't make them any less outstanding prospects.

PlayMakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 01:48 PM
bb74

Quote:

Other than Kalus and Lashoff - I don't see any of those guys taking a considerable role on the Bruins in the next 2 years so I don't really think there is a "problem". in 2008 the team "should" be set with pretty much today's opening roster excluding Kalus for Sturm and Lashoff for York/Dempsey (I think they re-up Stuart). 2009 should be the "big" transition year where Boyes, Mara, and Donovan are needing re-ups and Murray and Axe are going into the last year of their deals - that's the sticker but there will be slots available - that being said, I doubt any but Kalus, Karsums (3rd line), and Lashoff make it to the party by then...

bb74 is offline   Reply With Quote