HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NHL Playoffs

Closed Thread

Old
05-15-2013, 10:10 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicianHishon View Post
Oh yeah, I forgot to write my predictions for the 2nd round.

Pens in 7
NYR in 7

Hawks in 6
LA in 5
Andy is getting swept my friend.

Old
05-15-2013, 10:13 PM
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz

vCash: 50
Detroit is outclassed in every single position, on every line. They do have a better goalie so they might steal one, but that series is going to end quickly.

Old
05-15-2013, 10:15 PM
Elever
Hth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
I really don't understand the hype Ottawa gets, they aren't that great of a team. Young players with some promise and an above average coach. But they faced a declining team in the playoffs with a cold goalie. They're fringe playoff contenders during a full season with or without Karlsson and Spezza imo.
No they're a very well-organized team. They lost that last game due to bad special teams and some bone-headed moves by Cowen and some bad luck scoring.

They actually outplayed Pittsburgh for long stretches. They're great at break-outs and also consistent throughout the 60 minutes (so basically they're the anti-Colorado). Their roster does not impress me but it's a well-oiled machine and I wouldn't be surprised to see them pull off an upset against a Pittsburgh team that's often disorganized though I understand that it's unlikely.

Old
05-15-2013, 10:26 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Because they overachieved in a weaker conference without any western games all season. They had a lot of luck and a lot of blue collar hard work. With their stars I don't see an improvement, I see a lateral improvement where they gain marginal offense and an equal fall in defense to make them no better than the 7-8 seed they already were.

Next season will be fun to see the standings and stats. Guys like Kadri, Stepan... they won't be anywhere near the P/G fans like to point out. Leafs, Sens, Canadiens are going to fall a bit in the standings dealing with Detroit and Columbus, wouldn't be surprised if 2/3 outright missed.

I like their depth, they have a good coach. But they are not a quarterfinals team to be concerned about in the future.
It's hard to say who will fall next year in the standings, do Detroit continue to decline? Is BOB/CBJ for real? Both legitimate questions nobody ca be certain of.

How can you not say they are not to be concerned about in the future? With Murray's drafting and the young players they have know continue to develop you can't but be impressed with the future of the sens. This isn't the oliers top heavy with forward superstars. Murray is building a legit team that should be respected now and in the future. They already have a superstar in every position and Lehner just itching to break out.

As for Kadri/Stepan they probably won't be ppg players but 60+ sounds more than reasonable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Andy is getting swept my friend.
Wanna bet?

even if he does, he still awesome and the avs lost the trade
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK View Post
Detroit is outclassed in every single position, on every line. They do have a better goalie so they might steal one, but that series is going to end quickly.
Detroit has a winning pedigree, they'll make into a series no doubt.

Old
05-15-2013, 10:28 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloparren View Post
No they're a very well-organized team. They lost that last game due to bad special teams and some bone-headed moves by Cowen and some bad luck scoring.

They actually outplayed Pittsburgh for long stretches. They're great at break-outs and also consistent throughout the 60 minutes (so basically they're the anti-Colorado). Their roster does not impress me but it's a well-oiled machine and I wouldn't be surprised to see them pull off an upset against a Pittsburgh team that's often disorganized though I understand that it's unlikely.
MacLean is the best coach in the NHL IMO.

Like you said the Sens roster is not all that impressive, in fact outside of Spezza, EK, Alfie, and Anderson its actually very unimpressive.

On paper the Sens are still a bottom 10 team in the league IMO, but MacLean has such a strong system and the players buy into it so well that they can beat teams that are much stronger then them.

I wish by some miracle MacLean got fired this offseason.

I think on paper the Avs are a deeper team then the Sens offensively, and with Jones next year we could be better Defensively. When you look at what he did with the Sens roster, one can only imagine what he would do with an even better roster.

Like I said, I think he's easily the best coach in the league in quite some time.

Old
05-16-2013, 06:52 AM
Hesher
dead duck day

vCash: 2687
Game 1 in Chicago was pretty one-sided apart from the 1st period. Come on Hawks, destroy those useless ****ers.

Old
05-16-2013, 08:11 AM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 844
I popped in Dater's chat for a bit last night, and someone brought up Anderson getting "lit up" (their words, not mine) in Game 1 vs. the Pens and asked if he would "Finally let that one go?" and his response:

"No, he's gotten them this far"

Hope shines brightest, in the dark, where nothing's ever seen. Lighting undiscovered places, no one's ever been.
Old
05-16-2013, 08:19 AM
Bubba Thudd
S'all Good, Man

vCash: 7757
What kind of fool asked that question? I mean, seriously, did he really think Dater would admit that he was wrong, stubborn, had tunnel-vision, or simply did not understand the game of hockey at all?

Dater is GOD when it comes to all things hockey, and you better not forget it! I know it to be true, cuz Dater says so!

Dater = SLIC

05-16-2013, 08:25 AM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
What kind of fool asked that question? I mean, seriously, did he really think Dater would admit that he was wrong, stubborn, had tunnel-vision, or simply did not understand the game of hockey at all?

Dater is GOD when it comes to all things hockey, and you better not forget it! I know it to be true, cuz Dater says so!

Dater = SLIC

Not sure who asked the question, but I left when I saw it and the answer.

I like Dater more than most here, but I do admit, some of the things he does/writes can get to me.

Old
05-16-2013, 12:50 PM
jaems

I follow Dater on Twitter. He seems pretty bitter and rarely has insightful opinions of his own.

Anyways, I agree that I think Ottawa has a very strong chance of beating Pittsburgh. They have superior goaltending and I would argue a better team defense.

Chicago however will likely defeat Detroit in 4 - 5 games. Their team is really just better than Detroit in every aspect outside of goaltending. And even then, Howard would have to pull a Giguere to win the series on his own.

LA vs. SJ is interesting because I still haven't felt LA has been that great this post-season. I think it'll be close and SJ will end up winning in game seven.

Old
05-16-2013, 02:13 PM
Avs For Life
#92 #9 #29

I know hes out of the playoffs now but...

Stephen Whyno ‏@SWhyno 11m
Source confirms Alex Ovechkin played Games 6 and 7 vs Rangers with broken foot, as @kcarrera reported. #Caps
Retweeted by Pierre LeBrun

O_O

Old
05-16-2013, 02:24 PM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs For Life View Post
I know hes out of the playoffs now but...

Stephen Whyno ‏@SWhyno 11m
Source confirms Alex Ovechkin played Games 6 and 7 vs Rangers with broken foot, as @kcarrera reported. #Caps
Retweeted by Pierre LeBrun

O_O
But I thought it was the refs' fault?

Hairline fracture, not really as serious as Whyno made it sound.

Old
05-16-2013, 02:44 PM
Avs For Life
#92 #9 #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
But I thought it was the refs' fault?

Hairline fracture, not really as serious as Whyno made it sound.
Its ALWAYS the refs fault

Old
05-16-2013, 05:42 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
Personality

That rat Torres got suspended for the rest of the series. Didn't some claim he changed his ways?

This **** is as bad as Cooke.

Old
05-16-2013, 05:46 PM
Nihiliste

I can't believe everyone on the main board talking about how the hit was clean
If the NHL is serious about the safety of players, that type of reckless hit should absolutely be out of the question. Glad to see him suspended but hope Stoll is fine.

Old
05-16-2013, 06:00 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihiliste View Post
I can't believe everyone on the main board talking about how the hit was clean
If the NHL is serious about the safety of players, that type of reckless hit should absolutely be out of the question. Glad to see him suspended but hope Stoll is fine.
Typical, blame the victim nonsense.

Old
05-16-2013, 07:40 PM
Freudian
Clearly deranged

Boychuk sure is taking a lot of punishment this playoffs.

Old
05-16-2013, 07:56 PM
jaems

Holy crap this game is boring. Probably the least interesting matchup of all Boston vs. New York sports teams.

Old
05-16-2013, 07:59 PM
Freudian
Clearly deranged

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaems View Post
Holy crap this game is boring. Probably the least interesting matchup of all Boston vs. New York sports teams.
Rangers pretty much play like Coyotes with a slightly higher willingness to block shots.

Old
05-16-2013, 08:21 PM
Frenchy
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaems View Post
after the intensity we had with the Leafs , I agree this game is kinda boring .

Old
05-16-2013, 08:24 PM
Frenchy
Mod Supervisor

closed ,

almost at 1000 post , plz go continue on the new thread

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1430987

Closed Thread