HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New York Rangers I&II vs NYI

Old
09-30-2006, 09:40 AM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvashinator12 View Post
You should have no comment on this thread anymore, you're theory of your 2 teams kicking the Isles around the ice, is nill. 15 shots is all that you were able to get through.
We got 15 shots through, in what? A NHL game? No because last time I checked a NHL game is played to win, last night where practise.

Oh you guys won in practise, congrats!

You certainly don't have high expectations over there. Guess a stinking free arena feels like SC win...

Well atleast your D's didn't go out knee hunting our stars as they usually do. Potvin sucks.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 09:56 AM
Kvashinator12

Send a message via AIM to Kvashinator12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
We got 15 shots through, in what? A NHL game? No because last time I checked a NHL game is played to win, last night where practise.

Oh you guys won in practise, congrats!

You certainly don't have high expectations over there. Guess a stinking free arena feels like SC win...

Well atleast your D's didn't go out knee hunting our stars as they usually do. Potvin sucks.
Then again your confidence was outstanding with the 1st post of this thread, how the Rangers two teams could beat the islanders easily. You had almost your full team in last night, and couldn't beat our rag tag low expectation team. Btw you need some serious help on defense.

Kvashinator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 10:46 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvashinator12 View Post
Then again your confidence was outstanding with the 1st post of this thread, how the Rangers two teams could beat the islanders easily. You had almost your full team in last night, and couldn't beat our rag tag low expectation team. Btw you need some serious help on defense.
First of all, I asked a question in my first post, and speculated on the answear, mind the diffrence.

Second, I am still very confidence in my team, when they play games where priority nr 1 is to win the game!!! This is preseason, priority number one is to get prepaired for the regular season.

I have never during the time I've followed hockey, for about 15 years, seen someone read into a preseason game as much as you have. For all we know NYR might have been in the gym for two hrs prior to the game. Had we won 10-0 I would never have read anything in to it because of the same reason.

Old
09-30-2006, 10:50 AM
Isles4ever11

Send a message via AIM to Isles4ever11
Quote:
Had we won 10-0 I would never have read anything in to it because of the same reason.
We BOTH know that is a complete lie.

No, the Islanders are not better than the Rangers. No one is denying that, even on the Isles side. But, you guys got crushed yesterday with both full teams on the ice.

Preseason or not, it's not like the players weren't trying their hardest to win. The Isles have just flat out played better the past two games.

Doesn't necesarily make them better..just means they won a few games.

Isles4ever11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 11:38 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles4ever11 View Post
It isn't. This entire thread is 97% BS from my part, but I would seriously never read into anything what the results are in a preseason game. I've been there, before these kind of games the coach have a few agendas, they can be to work on tranistion plays, work on defensive things, small details. The focus the players put on thoose things, in a game situation, makes the result worthless.

Old
09-30-2006, 11:45 AM
Isles4ever11

Quote:
It isn't. This entire thread is 97% BS from my part, but I would seriously never read into anything what the results are in a preseason game. I've been there, before these kind of games the coach have a few agendas, they can be to work on tranistion plays, work on defensive things, small details. The focus the players put on thoose things, in a game situation, makes the result worthless.
Well, that's just the thing. The Islanders apparently were putting more focus into their transition game and their neutral zone coverage than the Rangers were. Again, it doesn't make the Islanders better. It just means they're focusing more on those things than the Rangers were.

To answer the original question, the defense is lacking on both teams and the Isles would be able to beat both teams in a 4 out of 7 series. They aren't the worst team in the conference, despite what every magazine thinks.

Hopefully Yash pulls a Jagr and staples it onto his locker...

Old
09-30-2006, 11:52 AM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Quote:

No, the Islanders are not better than the Rangers. No one is denying that, even on the Isles side. But, you guys got crushed yesterday with both full teams on the ice.

Preseason or not, it's not like the players weren't trying their hardest to win. The Isles have just flat out played better the past two games.

Doesn't necesarily make them better..just means they won a few games.
I'm not trying to start anything but, since when is a 2-1 game equal getting crushed?

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 11:53 AM
Isles4ever11

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHenrik35 View Post
I'm not trying to start anything but, since when is a 2-1 game equal getting crushed?
The Isles outshot 29-15 and most of the game was played in the Rangers zone, other than the last 2 minutes and powerplays.

Old
09-30-2006, 12:06 PM
E_Godard

Quote:
First of all, I asked a question in my first post, and speculated on the answear, mind the diffrence.

Second, I am still very confidence in my team, when they play games where priority nr 1 is to win the game!!! This is preseason, priority number one is to get prepaired for the regular season.
Well they better get their ***** together cause it looks like they just got beat by the worst projected team in the east this year.

lets go isles ><>

Quote:
damn straight..

Quote:
The Isles outshot 29-15 and most of the game was played in the Rangers zone, other than the last 2 minutes and powerplays.
That was the Rangers best 2 minutes of play. The rest of the game they really didnt look like they could keep up with us. Especially on the PP, I couldnt believe they let two 5 on 3's slip by with maybe a shot or two on net.

E_Godard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 03:38 PM
raskolnikov

Send a message via AIM to raskolnikov
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
These are the threads dug up later in the year if something doesnt go as planned and thrown back in your face.
Quote:
I can't dissagree with that. And the only team I would expect us to walk over, always, are NYI!

raskolnikov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 03:54 PM
Ola

Seriously I can't blame you guys for enjoying a preseason victory so much...

I know how it feels, we tied the Flyers once in preseason back in 01', I lived on that game the entire season. I could always think back at the game-tieing that Valeri Kamensky scored when we sucked the most in febuary!

Old
10-01-2006, 12:04 AM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Seriously I can't blame you guys for enjoying a preseason victory so much...

I know how it feels, we tied the Flyers once in preseason back in 01', I lived on that game the entire season. I could always think back at the game-tieing that Valeri Kamensky scored when we sucked the most in febuary!
Just eat your crow and move on Ola. The whole thread was a shot at the Islanders team and the last two games they won with better lineups against them that you listed. Yeah I know your gonna say it's only preseason, but where else would you ever see the kind of lineups that you posted anyway.....I highly doubt in the regular season.

One order of crow to go please!

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2006, 05:35 AM
Ola

Radek- Oh you wait untill my kids have become stars 5 years from now!

Is there any way I can delet this entire thread? I am thinking of starting a new one, NYR I &II against NJD!!!