HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

Official 2013 ticket thread Part 6 (ALL ticket talk HERE)(RULES IN FIRST POST)

Closed Thread

Old
05-16-2013, 08:24 PM
ebot5
Elisabeth

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looch View Post
This is why you should sit in the balcony, park in Charlestown and smuggle in your booze!

Or, you could wait till last minute to buy...

How last minute? 15mins? 30mins?

These tickets are awesome.

Old
05-16-2013, 08:26 PM
Bullgang

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebot5 View Post
How last minute? 15mins? 30mins?

These tickets are awesome.
They were on there at 720. So 10 minutes before the listings expire.

Old
05-16-2013, 08:31 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullgang View Post
They were on there at 720. So 10 minutes before the listings expire.
And the puck dropped closer to 7:45. So unless you think Rene's fist pump is worth a few hundred bucks, you might want to roll the dice.

05-17-2013, 06:43 AM
LetEmPlay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looch View Post
And the puck dropped closer to 7:45. So unless you think Rene's fist pump is worth a few hundred bucks, you might want to roll the dice.
Thou shalt not speak of the fist pump in vein.

Take it back.

Old
05-17-2013, 07:05 AM
Sec311Row6

anyone live/work downtown and want kiss108 concert tickets for tomorrow? they are lawn seats, $25 ea

Kiss 108 Concert 2013 with Demi Lovato, Cher Lloyd, Emblem3, Taboo, Chris Wallace, Icona Pop, Jason Derulo, Ariana Grande, and Olly Murs

Old
05-17-2013, 07:45 AM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetEmPlay View Post
Thou shalt not speak of the fist pump in vein.

Take it back.
My apologies. The man is a legend...and I do love the fist pump more so than the next guy!

Old
05-17-2013, 07:52 AM
NASCL

Based on the # of tix on Stubhub and 48+ hours to purchase, I think prices are only going up for Sunday.

Old
05-17-2013, 10:31 AM
RBurgundy

Argh, anyone ever sell a ticket on the ticket exchange and not get an email from the Bruins saying the sold? I tried selling one of my three yesterday on the exchange and never heard anything so figured it didn't sell. I then figured since I couldn't sell a single easily, I'd sell all three of my seats and buy new ones... so I sold them all on stubhub. One got denied at the turn style, so I call my rep and he says it sold on the exchange! Not sure what Stubhub will do, but I assume cancel the whole order.

Just gotta keep thinking about how great the past two games have been so I don't get too worked up over this...

Old
05-17-2013, 10:38 AM
schmautzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBurgundy View Post
Argh, anyone ever sell a ticket on the ticket exchange and not get an email from the Bruins saying the sold? I tried selling one of my three yesterday on the exchange and never heard anything so figured it didn't sell. I then figured since I couldn't sell a single easily, I'd sell all three of my seats and buy new ones... so I sold them all on stubhub. One got denied at the turn style, so I call my rep and he says it sold on the exchange! Not sure what Stubhub will do, but I assume cancel the whole order.

Just gotta keep thinking about how great the past two games have been so I don't get too worked up over this...
I assume they will charge you for the whole mess up. Not very kind to seller mistakes.
I sent the wrong tix to a sox game once. I had to pay for the replacement tix.

Old
05-17-2013, 10:46 AM
Bullgang

Quote:
Originally Posted by NASCL View Post
Based on the # of tix on Stubhub and 48+ hours to purchase, I think prices are only going up for Sunday.
Weekend afternoon games will always be the highest for ticket sales because it gives people a chance to bring their families without losing work.

I remember going to a Red Sox game last year in August on a perfect sunny Sunday afternoon and stubhub and scalpers were still getting good prices because of the weekend afternoon game even though they were 15 games below 500

Old
05-17-2013, 10:47 AM
RBurgundy

Yeah, the only thing I have going for me is that replacement tickets must have been less than what I got (although I sold them at a loss also) so, hopefully that works. Argh, can't believe I didn't get that email saying my ticket sold!

Old
05-17-2013, 10:51 AM
schmautzy

Quote:
Yeah, the only thing I have going for me is that replacement tickets must have been less than what I got (although I sold them at a loss also) so, hopefully that works. Argh, can't believe I didn't get that email saying my ticket sold!
Yeah. Those last minute prices were nice.
I guess I am not surprised you didnt get the email.

Old
05-17-2013, 11:58 AM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
If you don't get a email you should always try to manually go in and check to make sure you either deactivated them or the listing has expired. I've learned not to rely on getting confirmation emails in a timely manner, whether it be from ticketexchange or elsewhere. Two different sets of tickets I sold through stubhub last night I didn't receive sold confirmation till between 3 and 5 am this morning.

It's always a crap shoot as far what you will be charged for replacement cost. There is a fairly good chance you are going to be charged replacement cost for a group of three so the buyer could sit together with his/her group.

I once failed to provide SH with a group of 4 monster seats to a September Sox game in '11. I sold them at $999/each. The market for tickets was roughly face on day of game. Monster seats were available at $199-$299...although there was nothing listed on SH for 4 seats together for monsters. Dugout boxes were available around $250-$350/each. They charged me a replacement cost of $1400/per seat. I was slightly BS. And failry certain they pulled the number out of their ass.

They can charge you whatever they want for the replacement tickets regardless of the market. And they do not have to show/prove to you they actually spend that on the replacement tickets or tell you where they bought them from. I'm sure there are employees who take advantage of the system and hook up the friends who are sellers and purchase their tickets for replacements at inflated prices.

Old
05-18-2013, 01:34 PM
jeffclark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watch for the Yeti View Post
Anyone have tickets for Home Games 1,2 or 3?
Looks like I've got a set of 3 for Sunday posted on BoxRowSeat right here:

sold

Last edited by jeffclark: 05-18-2013 at 04:34 PM. Reason: tickets sold
Old
05-19-2013, 08:18 AM
bruinsden
PRO/BOS Bruins!!!

I remember game two against Philadelphia in 2011 (Savard OT winner) tickets were very low on stubhub the morning of the game.

It was game two of the second round, afternoon game, beautiful day. Just like today. I thought that tickets would be similliar but I guess I am wrong. My buddy bought tickets to that game for 60 bucks in the Lodge two hours before the game.

Old
05-19-2013, 09:53 AM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsden View Post
I remember game two against Philadelphia in 2011 (Savard OT winner) tickets were very low on stubhub the morning of the game.

It was game two of the second round, afternoon game, beautiful day. Just like today. I thought that tickets would be similliar but I guess I am wrong. My buddy bought tickets to that game for 60 bucks in the Lodge two hours before the game.
Inventory for today's game has come down at a pretty steady pace. This prevent undercutting = prices have stayed relatively high. If your willing to wait till the last few minute and you don;t care where you sit, I'm sure there will still be saving to be had over buying now. As always, the key is not being picky where you sit and just wanting to get in on the cheap.

Old
05-19-2013, 11:42 AM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Guys, HF's ticket-sales rules are very specific. You have to post the sale price publicly and it must be face value or lower. You can't put "PM me" because it leaves open the possibility that the tickets are being sold above face/at a profit. That opens up potentially sticky legal issues for the site given the diverse set of ticket resale/scalping laws that exist across different states/provinces.

I see that TP posted as much in the 1st post of this thread.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."

Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
Old
05-19-2013, 11:50 AM
MSPGabe
Born & Bred In Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsden View Post

Game 1 was the OT Game...

and things were different then.

I paid $91 each, and that was Ticketmaster Face Value.

Oh to have those days again, hahaha.

Old
05-19-2013, 01:16 PM
bruinsden
PRO/BOS Bruins!!!

You are right, whatever day was the day game, tickets were cheap. I forget if it was 1 or 2.

Old
05-20-2013, 02:16 PM
NASCL

Game 5 would be Saturday at 5:30 PM.

Every bar owner around North Station is praying for the Rangers to take one at home.

Old
05-20-2013, 03:27 PM
TommyBruinsFan

Quote:

Every bar owner around North Station is praying for the Rangers to take one at home.
Is that confirmed somewhere? Odd starting time.

Old
05-20-2013, 03:55 PM
Bullgang

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyBruinsFan View Post
Nhl.com. Do some research!

Old
05-20-2013, 07:18 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyBruinsFan View Post

Sox play at 1:30. Hawks/Wings play at 8. 5:30 does make most sense for ratings.

Old
05-20-2013, 07:59 PM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 50
Quote:

I can not see the B's sweeping (but it would be OK with me).

My sis (who goes to the games with me ) is leaving for 2 weeks and will miss games. My daughter made plane reservations to fly home Fri night so she can go to the game with me on Sat. I guess if the B's are 3-1 going into Sat it would be fun to see handshakes on the ice at the Garden.

I hope the B's can win it by no later that game 6.

05-20-2013, 08:25 PM
chuckdobbins

vCash: 50
Casey and I are fixing to head into the city Saturday evening and comb Stubhub from our phones. I'm hoping to get in for under 75 a piece, willing to miss a couple minutes of the game so I'm confident we will find something. Hopefully there's no game but we'll see.

If not, we make a date out of it and have a nice dinner in town somewhere

Closed Thread