HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > All other USA Amateur, USHL, NAHL, USNTDP etc.

Why is the Clark Cup Final Best-of-5?

Old
05-16-2013, 05:37 PM
derbyfan

vCash: 500
Why is the Clark Cup Final Best-of-5?

I've posted this query before and didn't get a response... Wondering if anyone can answer. I just question since it seems every league has a Best-of-7 Championship Series, and really it makes far more sense to me. Best-of-5 seems odd.
Is it due to the travel involved? WHL has by far the worst bus travel of any league out there and they do Best-of-7.
Not knocking the USHL, if anything I'm impressed with how far the league has come along.

derbyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 07:58 PM
jeben51

vCash: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by derbyfan View Post
I've posted this query before and didn't get a response... Wondering if anyone can answer. I just question since it seems every league has a Best-of-7 Championship Series, and really it makes far more sense to me. Best-of-5 seems odd.
Is it due to the travel involved? WHL has by far the worst bus travel of any league out there and they do Best-of-7.
Not knocking the USHL, if anything I'm impressed with how far the league has come along.
Definitely travel because it could be a Youngstown - Fargo championship, which would be close to a 17-hour bus ride

jeben51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 08:32 PM
derbyfan

vCash: 500
Still not getting it, sorry.
This is obviously decided before the season starts as to the length of the final series. Edmonton-Portland WHL final just happened, and that's an over 15-hour bus ride. Worst case would have been Brandon, which would have been nearly a 24 hour bus ride from Portland.

Again, I'm not trying to knock the league. But Best-of-7 is the standard in any league, and the USHL is trying to be taken seriously. Am I the only one that sees this as strange?

derbyfan is offline   Reply With Quote