HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

NHL 13 GM CONNECTED | ACTIVITY CHECK COMPLETE | 11 Teams Available | Xbox 360 |

Closed Thread

Old
05-14-2013, 10:40 PM
Game 8

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers1084 View Post
That must suck. Thanks! I've only played EC teams so far, so I'm eager to play some WC teams.
It does after making some changes in the off season. EA didnt do me any favours on the sim either!

Old
05-14-2013, 10:47 PM
oilfan09

vCash: 500
EC teams are usually more active because we have more original members but I think WC teams are picking up now

Old
05-15-2013, 12:05 AM
Faithful67
Best Believe It!!

apparently stokedswarly's wife threw out his game so he is no longer in the league

Old
05-15-2013, 07:42 AM
Game 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faithful67 View Post
apparently stokedswarly's wife threw out his game so he is no longer in the league
That would explain why he ducked out on me yesterday!

You, your friends, your Barbecue your out of here!

Old
05-15-2013, 07:43 AM
TheLarsonator

vCash: 473
still have games against , , and . I'll be able to hop on and play anytime after 5 tonight if any of you are available around then.

Old
05-15-2013, 07:44 AM
Game 8

Quote:
Mine said its her or my Xbox she gave me an ultimatum!

Im going to miss her!

Old
05-15-2013, 08:14 AM
TheLarsonator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game 8 View Post

Im going to miss her!
This guy right here, he knows how it is!

Old
05-15-2013, 09:50 AM
Dusto

can be on anytime after 5 to play games.

Old
05-15-2013, 12:25 PM
IButtersI

Quote:

StoKedSwarly here;

I have been getting too wound up lately. I was on some horrid streak where I completely forgot how to score and got absolutely no luck whatsoever for about 2-3 months. This game has always been streaky for me. Win a few, lose a few. Lately, I cant buy a win. Every game pretty much goes the same. Last night I called exactly how the game was going to go. I had never played this guy before, but called the exact game.

I said my computer would take a stupid penalty in the first minute. Sure enough at 19:28. the computer controlling Joe Thornton takes a tripping penalty where the guy doesn't even trip.
Then I said that I would get scored on first. Then get a ton of momentum, almost score several times, then he will come down the ice and score on his next shot. Then I would lose anywhere between 5-1 and 6-2.

While losing 6-1 in the 3rd I was pretty upset. My wife took the game out, walked to the balcony and pretended to throw it. I grabbed it and threw it myself. If it was going out the window, I wanted to be the one to do it. I told her about a month ago that if I didn't win 1 game in my next 5 I would throw the game out. I didn't win one for about 15 games after that. It was long over due

Its alright, we are moving this summer as well as doing some travelling. As well as some other school stuff that would keep me away for most of the summer anyways.

Quote:
That would explain why he ducked out on me yesterday!
As this was all happening, I got several game requests VIA XBOX and text messages. I was planning on playing you earlier. As I logged on I saw you accepted my friend request and had just logged of 1 minute ago. Then you invited me literally about 5 seconds before my wife snatched it.

Quote:

Im going to miss her!

I am going to show her that!

Anyways boys. Its been fun!

This was by far my favourite league. Faithful you do one hell of a job man. Thanks for keeping it going when it didn't look so good, and keeping it going strong. I had a lot of fun trading and playing with you all. Good luck with the rest of the season.

I will def be back for 2014! Dibs on the Oilers

BUTTERS
formally knows as The General

Last edited by IButtersI: 05-15-2013 at 12:35 PM.
Old
05-15-2013, 01:27 PM
tv14

looking for a shake up, LW E Wellwood (85) is available.

Old
05-15-2013, 03:12 PM
oilfan09

what happened to SJ?

Old
05-15-2013, 07:37 PM
molsonmuscle360

I'll be on in an hour or so probably if anyone needs to play the Canes.

Old
05-15-2013, 10:33 PM
Faithful67
Best Believe It!!

Have

Old
05-15-2013, 10:37 PM
molsonmuscle360

I have a large number of d-man between 80-85 right now. Looking for a winger of similar value in exchange. Also probably willing to look at trading Miller for a elite forward (90+)

Old
05-15-2013, 11:23 PM
Dusto

I have decided to step down as the general manager of the Tampa Bay Lightning. I've had a great deal of fun retooling this roster into one that I believe could be a Stanley cup contender for years to come. However with my summer job I won't be able to get online enough to play games, and when this happened last season when I was prepping for finals I know a few GMs were not satisfied with my activity, for which I apologize. This league has a solid crew of GMs and I hope to play with you all again sometime, good luck to everyone this season!

To whomever takes over this franchise, you will be taking over a great situation. With a well balanced roster, including some extremely high-end talent (Couture, Stamkos, Granlund, Hedman, Carle) and superb role players (Rutkowski, Birkholz, Heed) you will be able to have success right away. I've also stockpiled numerous prospects that will be able to fill holes in the lineup, cheaply and effectively. With 4M in cap space and hardly any long term handcuff contracts (except for Granlund & Stamkos) you will be able to continue to ice an extremely competitive lineup for the a long time, good luck!

Old
05-15-2013, 11:29 PM
TheLarsonator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusto View Post
I have decided to step down as the general manager of the Tampa Bay Lightning. I've had a great deal of fun retooling this roster into one that I believe could be a Stanley cup contender for years to come. However with my summer job I won't be able to get online enough to play games, and when this happened last season when I was prepping for finals I know a few GMs were not satisfied with my activity, for which I apologize. This league has a solid crew of GMs and I hope to play with you all again sometime, good luck to everyone this season!

To whomever takes over this franchise, you will be taking over a great situation. With a well balanced roster, including some extremely high-end talent (Couture, Stamkos, Granlund, Hedman, Carle) and superb role players (Rutkowski, Birkholz, Heed) you will be able to have success right away. I've also stockpiled numerous prospects that will be able to fill holes in the lineup, cheaply and effectively. With 4M in cap space and hardly any long term handcuff contracts (except for Granlund & Stamkos) you will be able to continue to ice an extremely competitive lineup for the a long time, good luck!

It was fun making deals and playing games against you Dusto, too bad you didn't get to destroy the league with your new lineup. Hope you can be back for NHL 14!

Old
05-15-2013, 11:46 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusto View Post

To bad to see you go man, was looking forward to playing you this season.

Have to say thank you very much for Reimer though. He has been outstanding for me and got me back over the salary cap floor haha!

Old
05-16-2013, 02:07 PM
mpah

hey so I got a trade request from ST LOUIS, but it shows them as a CPU team.. not sure if it was sent then the GM left or what is happening

am I allowed to accept the deal or what's the etiquette here?

- LAK

Old
05-16-2013, 08:17 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

In the next few days we should figure out what teams in the West have GM's that aren't being active. For the East to I guess, although it seems most teams out East are fairly active.

It'd be nice to get some of the unactive GM's out West replaced because it seems for the few that are active out West they are struggling to get there games in.

Old
05-16-2013, 09:22 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Shopping Scott Hartnell(84) making 4.515M for 2 more years.

Mainly just looking for a Top prospect(4.5*) or a decent prospect(3.5-4*) + 1st.

Old
05-16-2013, 09:47 PM
oilers1084

Cord when can you be available to play? You and I have two games against each other.

Old
05-16-2013, 10:00 PM
oilfan09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierce Hawthorne View Post
Shopping Scott Hartnell(84) making 4.515M for 2 more years.

Mainly just looking for a Top prospect(4.5*) or a decent prospect(3.5-4*) + 1st.
Sorry I personally don't think Harnell is worth that much (Galchenyuk+)....He is probably worth a late 1st rounder in my opinion because hes 35 in the game! But either way I can't take on my salary anyways!

Old
05-16-2013, 10:47 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfan09 View Post
Sorry I personally don't think Harnell is worth that much (Galchenyuk+)....He is probably worth a late 1st rounder in my opinion because hes 35 in the game! But either way I can't take on my salary anyways!
If I sent you an offer of Galchenyuk+ it probably wasn't a very serious offer from me haha.

Anyway I just moved him to COL for Tomas Tatar + 1st. Pretty happy with that. Tatar can play on my 4th line right away, and although he might not go up anymore(He is 4* potential but he's 26 so he'll be 4 white stars soon) I still get a 1st out of it which with the way EA runs the drafts now could turn out to be any type of player.

So to whoever COL is on HF Boards, pleasure trading with you!

Old
05-16-2013, 10:56 PM
oilfan09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierce Hawthorne View Post
If I sent you an offer of Galchenyuk+ it probably wasn't a very serious offer from me haha.

Anyway I just moved him to COL for Tomas Tatar + 1st. Pretty happy with that. Tatar can play on my 4th line right away, and although he might not go up anymore(He is 4* potential but he's 26 so he'll be 4 white stars soon) I still get a 1st out of it which with the way EA runs the drafts now could turn out to be any type of player.

So to whoever COL is on HF Boards, pleasure trading with you!
Great trade for you!!

Old
05-17-2013, 11:34 AM
Faithful67
Best Believe It!!

I still have to play

Closed Thread