HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECSF #1 - 5/16/13 | New York Rangers @ Boston Bruins - Damnit!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-16-2013, 11:00 PM
  #151
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope
 
EvilCorporateLawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 74,711
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersFan View Post
blameless? no. being blamed as the primary reason we lose? happens every loss. god forbid the guy can go a game without getting a shutout and actually need some help from the pp or pk...
No, he's become blameless. People that get mad about his soft goals are immediately labeled as haters. Want to know how I know? I have a list of people who act that way.

He is, in fact, blameless to a number of people on this board. And they happen to be very, very vocal about it and quite nasty about it

__________________
"Of course giving Sather cap space is like giving teenagers whiskey and car keys." - SBOB
"Watching Sather build a team is like watching a blind man with no fingers trying to put together an elaborate puzzle." - Shadowtron
"Used to be only Twinkies and cockroaches could survive a nuke. I'd add Habs to that. I'm convinced the CH stands for Club du Hypocrisy." - Gee Wally
EvilCorporateLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 11:00 PM
  #152
darko
Registered User
 
darko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Country: Australia
Posts: 31,935
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
For one thing you don't pass backwards with the defenseman in deep, that's begging for numbers the other way. And he shouldn't be looking for Nash on that play. How many goals does he have?

Nash's goal totals are irrelevant.

I recall Brass making a similar pass just recently and we scored. Cant remember who scored.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 11:00 PM
  #153
Kreider4Prez
Rookie User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Pittsburgh, PA.
Posts: 23
vCash: 500
I feel like Hank deserves more damn credit for what he does. Put any other goalie in that situation other than Quick/Howard and they lose in regulation by 2-3 goals. I hate this whole dump and chase BS. IT DOESN'T WORK.

Kreider4Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 11:00 PM
  #154
Megustaelhockey
Global Moderator
Hybrid icing
 
Megustaelhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 6,147
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riche16 View Post
Could we have played worse?
Yes, see Leafs.

Megustaelhockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 11:01 PM
  #155
shinchanyo
Registered User
 
shinchanyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Here
Posts: 2,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
This board is ****ing ridiculous.

Lose a 3-2 OT game on the road? LUNDQVIST DESERVES A TRADE!!! STRIP THE C FROM CALLAHAN.

Buckle up, people, the playoffs aren't ****ing rainbows and unicorns.

Besides, that Krug goal should have never gone in, and the Chara goal was squeaky too.
I didn't read the GDT but nobody is even close to doing that in the PGT. Cally sucked completely today but I don't see any1 asking for his C off. unless they did in the GDT. Either way you should buckle up bc these boards are DEF not rainbows and unicorns lol

shinchanyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 11:01 PM
  #156
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,995
vCash: 500
Seriously. When is Callahan going to realize that his level of play right now is unacceptable?

Rangers Fail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 11:01 PM
  #157
OverTheCap
Registered User
 
OverTheCap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 9,758
vCash: 500
Hank is either Godlike or solely responsible for a loss, there is no grey area on this board.

OverTheCap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 11:01 PM
  #158
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!
 
ImIdaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I don't see what that has to do with him missing pucks he should save. Going on the generally reliable Brian Boyle's word on that.
One he should have had. Who ****ing knew a shot from Chara was such a softie. It's not like we had players dropping down like flies because Chara doesn't have a booming shot.

Lundqvist let in the second, what did this team do after the fact?

I'm not blaming the guy when he was also the reason we were in this game for this long.

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 11:01 PM
  #159
JayMan82
Registered User
 
JayMan82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,307
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Shero View Post
You know how dependent your team in on Lundquist when he saves 45 of 48 shots and you think he's the problem.

Your offense sucks period.
He doesn't face 16+ of those shots if we get 1 crucial stop off 2 regulation goals. It's a game of momentum, and we saw that momentum swing towards the Rangers when we get that 2nd goal. Once they scored the second, momentum was on their side the rest of the way... It is what it is, I'm sure Lundy more than makes up for it (already has by getting us this far)...

JayMan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 11:01 PM
  #160
NYRangers1388
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 291
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiffyNYR61 View Post
Go down 0-2 to boston and your season is over.
Not true. Ask philly.

NYRangers1388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 11:01 PM
  #161
Riche16
McCready guitar god
 
Riche16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,663
vCash: 500
Even hank was awful and I never blame him. Awful. Top to bottom F. The fact that it went OT is more a miracle than water to wine or healing the sick.

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 11:02 PM
  #162
Black Aces
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,423
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Lundqvist didn't need to stand on his head tonight outside of OT. Of those two goals, one of them needs to be stopped. Plain and simple. The Rangers' D was excellent tonight in regulation.

Bad penalty by our #6 defenseman and a weak goal from Lundqvist...those things are easily fixable.

It's game one. I think they'll come out a little better next game after feeling it out, and I think they'll be able to win it.
You kidding. What about that breakaway girardi gave them in the third? And our dmen were turned inside out all game. We gave up 50 shots

Black Aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 11:02 PM
  #163
M0rbid
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Cave
Country: United States
Posts: 7,845
vCash: 500
Stepan deserves a better winger...... Cally is not the answer.

M0rbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 11:02 PM
  #164
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope
 
EvilCorporateLawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 74,711
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
This board is so God damn polarizing. Some people make it sound like we lost a 3-2 game in OT. Others make it sound like we lost 8-0 and we are in line for the #1 pick in the draft.

EvilCorporateLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 11:02 PM
  #165
Affinity
Registered User
 
Affinity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toms River, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 7,212
vCash: 500
I'm not even mad. I was furious after the Cap OT goals. Maybe just disappointed now. They need to play better and I expect them to.

Affinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 11:02 PM
  #166
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,195
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
So he goes from "Brass God" to "Idiot! You're not Crosby!" because the guy with the longest reach in the NHL tipped what would have been a great pass? Yep. Pretty typical with this board. Just kinda sad at this point.

0-3 on the powerplay and Lundqvist gives up two soft goals. Game should have never made it to OT in the first place.
Series is over, man.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 11:02 PM
  #167
corduroyg
Registered User
 
corduroyg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: nyc
Posts: 272
vCash: 500
we werent winning both in boston, win game 2 and we're fine.

corduroyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 11:02 PM
  #168
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,947
vCash: 500
Actually think both teams played pretty soft. Boston wasn't even clicking on all cylinders and this was the type of road game the Rangers needed to steal, it was right there for them.

We are ****ing cursed or something in Playoff overtimes, it's ******* ridiculous. I expect the loss now, because it makes it easier to handle once it happens.

Failed opportunity, big time. They can still take one on the road but I was really hoping to take game 1 and felt good about it going in. Big players don't show up, and you find yourself in a hole.

Richards was garbage and that blind giveaway in his own zone was an Enver Lisin intellegence play. What the **** is wrong with this guy??????????? Very disappointing.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 11:02 PM
  #169
Killem Dafoe
Moderator
k.
 
Killem Dafoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Land of Bad Drivers
Country: United States
Posts: 15,948
vCash: 50
It's probably already been talked about and I know there is no sense in talking "what ifs" but if Moore never took that penalty in the third we might have scored there. I remember thinking how much room there was to shoot and mehh nevermind i'm just aggravated.

Need way more urgency in OT. We were schooled and couldn't complete a pass worth a ****. Couldn't clear. Couldn't gain the zone. If I see one more dump and chase where we don't chase I'm going to murder a small animal. Nash: Please show up next game and score. At least score one goal in the playoffs. Please.

Killem Dafoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 11:03 PM
  #170
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope
 
EvilCorporateLawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 74,711
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
I'm not blaming the guy when he was also the reason we were in this game for this long.
But, then, isn't he also the reason the game didn't end in regulation?

EvilCorporateLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 11:03 PM
  #171
darko
Registered User
 
darko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Country: Australia
Posts: 31,935
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
So he goes from "Brass God" to "Idiot! You're not Crosby!" because the guy with the longest reach in the NHL tipped what would have been a great pass? Yep. Pretty typical with this board. Just kinda sad at this point.

Yup sad and embarrassing.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 11:03 PM
  #172
RangersFan
Registered User
 
RangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: LA, CA & NY, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,866
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangersFan Send a message via MSN to RangersFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
No, he's become blameless. People that get mad about his soft goals are immediately labeled as haters. Want to know how I know? I have a list of people who act that way.

He is, in fact, blameless to a number of people on this board. And they happen to be very, very vocal about it and quite nasty about it
agreed there are people who defend him to no end. but in this game, blaming him for the loss is ridiculous. wait, didn't you say you didn't even watch this game? bad penalties, the most pathetic pp, passive pk, and no shows by nash, cally, and countless other forwards I would blame before blaming hank IN THIS GAME.

RangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 11:03 PM
  #173
EuroFlair
Nash 40g in 2014-15
 
EuroFlair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: west coast
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,402
vCash: 449
So Staal, where are you?

You see, we can't have a defensmen slow as a bulldog on three legs pinching like a maniac.

EuroFlair is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 11:03 PM
  #174
MacTruck
In Gordie We Trust
 
MacTruck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,925
vCash: 500
Please get Clowe and Staal back in this lineup. Clowe adds a lot to this team that people often fail to recognize and Staal with one eye is 5 times the player a two eyed Eminger is.

Eminger was god awful tonight. Don't forget he missed a wide open one timer pass from Nash and then busted ass in the 2nd period too.

MacTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 11:03 PM
  #175
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise
 
ChrisKreider20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,337
vCash: 500
Ok was is just me or was brass' pass completely on target and Nash didnt even try and get it/missed it

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:50 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.