HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECSF #1 - 5/16/13 | New York Rangers @ Boston Bruins - Damnit!

Old
05-16-2013, 11:00 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersFan View Post
blameless? no. being blamed as the primary reason we lose? happens every loss. god forbid the guy can go a game without getting a shutout and actually need some help from the pp or pk...
No, he's become blameless. People that get mad about his soft goals are immediately labeled as haters. Want to know how I know? I have a list of people who act that way.

He is, in fact, blameless to a number of people on this board. And they happen to be very, very vocal about it and quite nasty about it

EvilCorporateLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
For one thing you don't pass backwards with the defenseman in deep, that's begging for numbers the other way. And he shouldn't be looking for Nash on that play. How many goals does he have?

Nash's goal totals are irrelevant.

I recall Brass making a similar pass just recently and we scored. Cant remember who scored.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Kreider4Prez
Rookie User

I feel like Hank deserves more damn credit for what he does. Put any other goalie in that situation other than Quick/Howard and they lose in regulation by 2-3 goals. I hate this whole dump and chase BS. IT DOESN'T WORK.

Kreider4Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Megustaelhockey
Global Moderator
Hybrid icing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riche16 View Post
Could we have played worse?
Yes, see Leafs.

Megustaelhockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 11:01 PM
shinchanyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
This board is ****ing ridiculous.

Lose a 3-2 OT game on the road? LUNDQVIST DESERVES A TRADE!!! STRIP THE C FROM CALLAHAN.

Buckle up, people, the playoffs aren't ****ing rainbows and unicorns.

Besides, that Krug goal should have never gone in, and the Chara goal was squeaky too.
I didn't read the GDT but nobody is even close to doing that in the PGT. Cally sucked completely today but I don't see any1 asking for his C off. unless they did in the GDT. Either way you should buckle up bc these boards are DEF not rainbows and unicorns lol

shinchanyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Seriously. When is Callahan going to realize that his level of play right now is unacceptable?

Rangers Fail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
OverTheCap

Hank is either Godlike or solely responsible for a loss, there is no grey area on this board.

OverTheCap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I don't see what that has to do with him missing pucks he should save. Going on the generally reliable Brian Boyle's word on that.
One he should have had. Who ****ing knew a shot from Chara was such a softie. It's not like we had players dropping down like flies because Chara doesn't have a booming shot.

Lundqvist let in the second, what did this team do after the fact?

I'm not blaming the guy when he was also the reason we were in this game for this long.

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JayMan82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Shero View Post
You know how dependent your team in on Lundquist when he saves 45 of 48 shots and you think he's the problem.

Your offense sucks period.
He doesn't face 16+ of those shots if we get 1 crucial stop off 2 regulation goals. It's a game of momentum, and we saw that momentum swing towards the Rangers when we get that 2nd goal. Once they scored the second, momentum was on their side the rest of the way... It is what it is, I'm sure Lundy more than makes up for it (already has by getting us this far)...

JayMan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NYRangers1388

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiffyNYR61 View Post
Go down 0-2 to boston and your season is over.
Not true. Ask philly.

NYRangers1388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Riche16
McCready guitar god

Even hank was awful and I never blame him. Awful. Top to bottom F. The fact that it went OT is more a miracle than water to wine or healing the sick.

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 11:02 PM
Black Aces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Lundqvist didn't need to stand on his head tonight outside of OT. Of those two goals, one of them needs to be stopped. Plain and simple. The Rangers' D was excellent tonight in regulation.

Bad penalty by our #6 defenseman and a weak goal from Lundqvist...those things are easily fixable.

It's game one. I think they'll come out a little better next game after feeling it out, and I think they'll be able to win it.
You kidding. What about that breakaway girardi gave them in the third? And our dmen were turned inside out all game. We gave up 50 shots

Black Aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
M0rbid

Stepan deserves a better winger...... Cally is not the answer.

M0rbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

This board is so God damn polarizing. Some people make it sound like we lost a 3-2 game in OT. Others make it sound like we lost 8-0 and we are in line for the #1 pick in the draft.

Old
Affinity

I'm not even mad. I was furious after the Cap OT goals. Maybe just disappointed now. They need to play better and I expect them to.

Affinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
So he goes from "Brass God" to "Idiot! You're not Crosby!" because the guy with the longest reach in the NHL tipped what would have been a great pass? Yep. Pretty typical with this board. Just kinda sad at this point.

0-3 on the powerplay and Lundqvist gives up two soft goals. Game should have never made it to OT in the first place.
Series is over, man.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
corduroyg

we werent winning both in boston, win game 2 and we're fine.

corduroyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
HockeyBasedNYC

Actually think both teams played pretty soft. Boston wasn't even clicking on all cylinders and this was the type of road game the Rangers needed to steal, it was right there for them.

We are ****ing cursed or something in Playoff overtimes, it's ******* ridiculous. I expect the loss now, because it makes it easier to handle once it happens.

Failed opportunity, big time. They can still take one on the road but I was really hoping to take game 1 and felt good about it going in. Big players don't show up, and you find yourself in a hole.

Richards was garbage and that blind giveaway in his own zone was an Enver Lisin intellegence play. What the **** is wrong with this guy??????????? Very disappointing.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Killem Dafoe
k.

vCash: 50
It's probably already been talked about and I know there is no sense in talking "what ifs" but if Moore never took that penalty in the third we might have scored there. I remember thinking how much room there was to shoot and mehh nevermind i'm just aggravated.

Need way more urgency in OT. We were schooled and couldn't complete a pass worth a ****. Couldn't clear. Couldn't gain the zone. If I see one more dump and chase where we don't chase I'm going to murder a small animal. Nash: Please show up next game and score. At least score one goal in the playoffs. Please.

Killem Dafoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 11:03 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
I'm not blaming the guy when he was also the reason we were in this game for this long.
But, then, isn't he also the reason the game didn't end in regulation?

Old
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
So he goes from "Brass God" to "Idiot! You're not Crosby!" because the guy with the longest reach in the NHL tipped what would have been a great pass? Yep. Pretty typical with this board. Just kinda sad at this point.

Yup sad and embarrassing.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
RangersFan

Send a message via AIM to RangersFan Send a message via MSN to RangersFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
No, he's become blameless. People that get mad about his soft goals are immediately labeled as haters. Want to know how I know? I have a list of people who act that way.

He is, in fact, blameless to a number of people on this board. And they happen to be very, very vocal about it and quite nasty about it
agreed there are people who defend him to no end. but in this game, blaming him for the loss is ridiculous. wait, didn't you say you didn't even watch this game? bad penalties, the most pathetic pp, passive pk, and no shows by nash, cally, and countless other forwards I would blame before blaming hank IN THIS GAME.

RangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
EuroFlair
Nash 40g in 2014-15

vCash: 449
So Staal, where are you?

You see, we can't have a defensmen slow as a bulldog on three legs pinching like a maniac.

EuroFlair is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
MacTruck
In Gordie We Trust

Please get Clowe and Staal back in this lineup. Clowe adds a lot to this team that people often fail to recognize and Staal with one eye is 5 times the player a two eyed Eminger is.

Eminger was god awful tonight. Don't forget he missed a wide open one timer pass from Nash and then busted ass in the 2nd period too.

MacTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

Ok was is just me or was brass' pass completely on target and Nash didnt even try and get it/missed it

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote