HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rick Nash

Closed Thread

Old
05-13-2013, 03:21 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
Joe Micheletti is on with Mike Francesa. Joe believes Nash is banged up. He is not driving to the net. Could be a leg or a shoulder.

Old
05-13-2013, 04:08 PM
M0rbid

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Joe Micheletti is on with Mike Francesa. Joe believes Nash is banged up. He is not driving to the net. Could be a leg or a shoulder.
Again with the banged up comment as an excuse for poor playoffs performance. Who isn't playing banged up in the playoffs? You have Cindy playing with concussion symptom. You have Zucc playing with a messed up wrist......

Old
05-13-2013, 04:12 PM
Green Blob*

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0rbid View Post
Again with the banged up comment as an excuse for poor playoffs performance. Who isn't playing banged up in the playoffs? You have Cindy playing with concussion symptom. You have Zucc playing with a messed up wrist......
yea I know. Remember that time Jagr came out to play with a separated shoulder and then had to leave the game cause he injured it worse. What a complete baby and was a poor excuse for not scoring a hat trick for us that game.

Old
05-13-2013, 04:19 PM
Chimp

I would like to hear what sort of injury Nash has before throwing him under the bus. From the looks of it, it looks like a lower body injury, even though he might be banged up in more places than one, who knows? If he has a busted knee or some other painful/ restricting injury (charlie horse, groin, muscle strain, etc) that prevents him from making real strides, I can understand he has a hard time contributing while getting special attention from the best defense the opponents can muster.

Ovechkin is in good shape and he also has trouble scoring. Although I agree Nash hasn't been as involved in the game as he usually is, as I said, I would like to hear after this playoff what happened to Nash. We're all deeply disappointed Nash hasn't contributed more, but can the rioting rest for a bit?

Nash doesn't have a history of injuries, but since we've had this problem so many times before with key players injured, this situation surely is aggravating. Never can we get all pieces to work simultaneously in harmony. That's like 10 minutes every season + playoffs.

Old
05-13-2013, 04:19 PM
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Well Joe, why the hell dont you ask him and find out?

Old
05-13-2013, 04:20 PM
M0rbid

I hope Fatcesa didn't mistaken Rick Nash with Steve Nash.

Old
05-13-2013, 04:26 PM
broadwayblue

I remember Nash taking a particularly tough hit late in the season when he was driving to the net. Went down pretty hard, into the boards too if i remember correctly. I hear a lot of people saying it's the playoffs and he should suck it up, but if it's a lower body injury all the sucking it up in the world isn't going to give him his explosiveness back. It's clear he doesn't have the same 2nd gear he had a month ago.

Old
05-13-2013, 04:52 PM
qwertyaas
LGR@

Quote:
Originally Posted by poeman View Post
Well Joe, why the hell dont you ask him and find out?
Good idea. Let Nash disclose an injury so he can be targeted next game.

Old
05-13-2013, 05:03 PM
Fataldogg

I don't care if Nash is hurt or not. We've seen players in the past play significantly better than Nash playing hurt. In my opinion, it's not an excuse.

Old
05-13-2013, 05:05 PM
Fanned On It

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
I remember Nash taking a particularly tough hit late in the season when he was driving to the net. Went down pretty hard, into the boards too if i remember correctly. I hear a lot of people saying it's the playoffs and he should suck it up, but if it's a lower body injury all the sucking it up in the world isn't going to give him his explosiveness back. It's clear he doesn't have the same 2nd gear he had a month ago.
Idk what hit it was that did it but I definitely agree that it looks like he's injured and doesn't have his normal explosiveness.

Old
05-13-2013, 06:22 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
I would like to hear what sort of injury Nash has before throwing him under the bus. From the looks of it, it looks like a lower body injury, even though he might be banged up in more places than one, who knows? If he has a busted knee or some other painful/ restricting injury (charlie horse, groin, muscle strain, etc) that prevents him from making real strides, I can understand he has a hard time contributing while getting special attention from the best defense the opponents can muster.

Ovechkin is in good shape and he also has trouble scoring. Although I agree Nash hasn't been as involved in the game as he usually is, as I said, I would like to hear after this playoff what happened to Nash. We're all deeply disappointed Nash hasn't contributed more, but can the rioting rest for a bit?

Nash doesn't have a history of injuries, but since we've had this problem so many times before with key players injured, this situation surely is aggravating. Never can we get all pieces to work simultaneously in harmony. That's like 10 minutes every season + playoffs.
Ovechkin is still moving on the ice and being physical like he usually is... when was the last time Nash threw a hit. for a big guy he doesnt play physical on a regular basis.. i wish he would be more aggressive.. imagine he had the mean streak of Lucic or Abdelkader...

Old
05-13-2013, 06:37 PM
NYRCSKA*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
Ovechkin is still moving on the ice and being physical like he usually is... when was the last time Nash threw a hit. for a big guy he doesnt play physical on a regular basis.. i wish he would be more aggressive.. imagine he had the mean streak of Lucic or Abdelkader...
Nash played very physical yesterday. He carried the puck from the defensive zone into the offensive zone yesterday with 3 capitals players on his back yesterday.

Old
05-13-2013, 10:50 PM
dethomas07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
hes a finesse guy.. flashy and highlight reel player..guy doesnt turn on beast mode in terms of hitting.. we'll need him against boston though, bc we need to bring that elment against them..

Old
05-13-2013, 11:05 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

He's played better the last two games, think he'll take a deep breath after getting out of the first round and lighten up a bit and just play in the second.

Old
05-13-2013, 11:13 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

He's been getting progressively better but he needs to score some goals.

Not gonna beat Boston with another no-show from Nash. If he gets it done, the team will get it done.

Old
05-13-2013, 11:30 PM
TheDoctorLies

We don't play until Thursday. If Nash is nursing an injury the two days of rest should be enough to get him going. We also have two days off after Game 1.

No excuses for Nash going forward. He has to perform.

Old
05-13-2013, 11:47 PM
Kershaw

If he is truly injured, let him sit for game 1. I think it's an important game, but his health is more important throughout the series.

Old
05-16-2013, 11:24 PM
PromNite
Armed Android

Send a message via AIM to PromNite
Seriously sick of seeing Nash so easily neutralized. 0 goals is absolutely unacceptable for our flagship forward.

Adam Tensta's from the 163
Old
05-16-2013, 11:27 PM
McDonaghisGod
Oh, the pain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PromNite View Post
Seriously sick of seeing Nash so easily neutralized. 0 goals is absolutely unacceptable for our flagship forward.
Nash is a complimentary player. You're not winning the cup with guys like him or gaborik as your lead horse.

Old
05-16-2013, 11:29 PM
3rd Guy High

If he had half the heart or drive of Zuccarello he'd be a superstar. He's waiting for the play to come to him and not hunting down the puck and making things happen. How many times is he gonna stand behind the net waiting for the puck to be rimmed to him (which is intercepted by a defenseman) instead of lifting that D's stick and taking it himself. Unbelievable for a guy with that talent.

Old
05-16-2013, 11:36 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

He's hibernating.

Old
05-16-2013, 11:36 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeetchisGod View Post
Nash is a complimentary player. You're not winning the cup with guys like him or gaborik as your lead horse.

Gaborik scored in the playoffs though.

Old
05-16-2013, 11:48 PM
ck20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Blob View Post
yea I know. Remember that time Jagr came out to play with a separated shoulder and then had to leave the game cause he injured it worse. What a complete baby and was a poor excuse for not scoring a hat trick for us that game.
By that logic, if Nash is injured he should be taken out of the line up for the rest of the post-season. And so should probably half of our line up, in fear of aggravating any of their boo-boos.

Old
05-17-2013, 02:48 AM
5 4 Fighting
Big member

vCash: 783
Nash suffers from the "lazy disorder" where he floats around aimlessly waiting for the puck.

News flash Ricky, you need to take the puck away, not wait for it.

Closed Thread