HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Power Play

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-17-2013, 06:59 AM
  #1
panny2727
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 850
vCash: 500
Power Play

I know claude is trying to have two power plays but in all seriousness, I don't see other teams best offensive player sitting on the bench for the first 1 minute to 1:30 every time. Claude needs DK on the ice more on the PP. I would just swap him and Seguin on units and honestly let David play on both PP's, whichever one is starting, then tyler coming in for relief. Its mind blowing to this fan that David Krejci is on the bench with 2 minute to go and a pp to win the game or ditto with a pp in OT. Play to win and stop playing not to lose clode. they haven't had much time together recently, but Krejci lucic chara and bergeron have had lots of ice time together over the last 4 seasons.
I want one pp having the best talent out there and as pp's go I would
just add Jagr to the 4 I mentioned above, like they did at the end of the toronto game minus Horton.
They could make it so much easier on themselves sometimes by using the guys that are going better


Last edited by panny2727: 05-17-2013 at 07:05 AM.
panny2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 08:36 AM
  #2
panny2727
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 850
vCash: 500
and before I get the argument of, they were effective and looked good last night. To that I say great but the jagr unit still didn't bury it. Seguin fumbled it a few times and completely telegraphed everything he did out there. the jagr unit looked better but seguin is just not krejci this month

panny2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 08:47 AM
  #3
ODAAT
Registered User
 
ODAAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,508
vCash: 500
Claude played two green rookies on the PP, it was a thing of beauty

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 09:02 AM
  #4
Numbah4
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Claude played two green rookies on the PP, it was a thing of beauty
Would you dress 7 defensemen for the next game? When Ference comes back, I'm sure he'll sit Krug. But, a good power-play might be more important than that 4th line. Sorry Thorty. You're sitting. Not only scored a goal. But, that was a good power-play in OT that set the tone for that period. Doubt if there will be any fights in this series. NYR were very low in fights this year. McQuaid and Lucic can take care of that department if we need them to.

Numbah4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 09:07 AM
  #5
ODAAT
Registered User
 
ODAAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,508
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbah4 View Post
Would you dress 7 defensemen for the next game? When Ference comes back, I'm sure he'll sit Krug. But, a good power-play might be more important than that 4th line. Sorry Thorty. You're sitting. Not only scored a goal. But, that was a good power-play in OT that set the tone for that period. Doubt if there will be any fights in this series. NYR were very low in fights this year. McQuaid and Lucic can take care of that department if we need them to.
Not sure what I`d do, I loved Thorty`s game last night, very effective shifts, and in spite of fighting being at a minimum, surely we all have seen what he can bring other than his knuckles

I`m not sure what I`d do if coaching, was Krug`s game a case of something we have seen many times before, a rookie kid playing on emotion who then levels out?? Could be, IMO, when you strike a bit of momentum, ya have to stick to it. The best news about how these 3 reacted was, for now, there is no rush to push any of the injured back into the lineup out of desperation.

My concern is Boychuk, he looked like he was in a ton of pain last night late in the game and OT, and I really wish he stops that play where he just holds the puck by the boards

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 09:16 AM
  #6
Numbah4
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Not sure what I`d do, I loved Thorty`s game last night, very effective shifts, and in spite of fighting being at a minimum, surely we all have seen what he can bring other than his knuckles

I`m not sure what I`d do if coaching, was Krug`s game a case of something we have seen many times before, a rookie kid playing on emotion who then levels out?? Could be, IMO, when you strike a bit of momentum, ya have to stick to it. The best news about how these 3 reacted was, for now, there is no rush to push any of the injured back into the lineup out of desperation.

My concern is Boychuk, he looked like he was in a ton of pain last night late in the game and OT, and I really wish he stops that play where he just holds the puck by the boards
I wouldn't have a problem with sitting Kelly for a game too. Especially at home. Skate Krug with Peverly and Seguin. That line would have some wheels and can still use Krug on the PP or back on the blueline if a defenseman is nicked or struggling.

Numbah4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 09:19 AM
  #7
ODAAT
Registered User
 
ODAAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,508
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbah4 View Post
I wouldn't have a problem with sitting Kelly for a game too. Especially at home. Skate Krug with Peverly and Seguin. That line would have some wheels and can still use Krug on the PP or back on the blueline if a defenseman is nicked or struggling.
Um, no, with all due respect. Kelly sits no time, Julien values having 2 centerman on the draws and Kelly has 76 playoff games to his credit....

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 09:35 AM
  #8
panny2727
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 850
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Um, no, with all due respect. Kelly sits no time, Julien values having 2 centerman on the draws and Kelly has 76 playoff games to his credit....
agree, no way, can you say soft line! i don't like pevs and seguin together already. those two play in a round rink some nights

panny2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 09:38 AM
  #9
panny2727
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 850
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Not sure what I`d do, I loved Thorty`s game last night, very effective shifts, and in spite of fighting being at a minimum, surely we all have seen what he can bring other than his knuckles

I`m not sure what I`d do if coaching, was Krug`s game a case of something we have seen many times before, a rookie kid playing on emotion who then levels out?? Could be, IMO, when you strike a bit of momentum, ya have to stick to it. The best news about how these 3 reacted was, for now, there is no rush to push any of the injured back into the lineup out of desperation.

My concern is Boychuk, he looked like he was in a ton of pain last night late in the game and OT, and I really wish he stops that play where he just holds the puck by the boards
boychuck must be held togeter by duct tape right now. fortunately I think he just hurts and does not have a real injury.

panny2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 09:39 AM
  #10
panny2727
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 850
vCash: 500
Does anyone else scream at the TV when seguin is on the start of the PP and Krejci is sitting on the bench with two minutes left???

panny2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 09:41 AM
  #11
ODAAT
Registered User
 
ODAAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,508
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by panny2727 View Post
Does anyone else scream at the TV when seguin is on the start of the PP and Krejci is sitting on the bench with two minutes left???
Nope, especially when two of those PP`s came right after a shift in which DK was on the ice

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 09:52 AM
  #12
ReggieMoto
Registered User
 
ReggieMoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Manchester, NH
Country: United States
Posts: 4,492
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to ReggieMoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbah4 View Post
I wouldn't have a problem with sitting Kelly for a game too. Especially at home. Skate Krug with Peverly and Seguin. That line would have some wheels and can still use Krug on the PP or back on the blueline if a defenseman is nicked or struggling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Um, no, with all due respect. Kelly sits no time, Julien values having 2 centerman on the draws and Kelly has 76 playoff games to his credit....
Not only that but he is a very good penalty killer. I had no problem with any of the forward lines last night.

I don't dress 7 dmen.

ReggieMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 09:54 AM
  #13
panny2727
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 850
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Nope, especially when two of those PP`s came right after a shift in which DK was on the ice
didn't the end of regulation pp come while b's were short handed and pevs and kelly was on the ice

panny2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 09:57 AM
  #14
WBC8
Registered User
 
WBC8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: HFL 4 Life
Country: United States
Posts: 36,875
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WBC8
that PP last night with 8 shots looked great.

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 09:59 AM
  #15
panny2727
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 850
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
that PP last night with 8 shots looked great.
yeap except for when Seguin telegraphed everything he did. why don't the Bruins just send Lundquist an email on what they ae trying to do.

panny2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 10:00 AM
  #16
RedeyeRocketeer
Registered User
 
RedeyeRocketeer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,812
vCash: 500
I thought it looked great

RedeyeRocketeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 10:03 AM
  #17
Numbah4
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggieMoto View Post
Not only that but he is a very good penalty killer. I had no problem with any of the forward lines last night.

I don't dress 7 dmen.
Those 4 forward lines didn't score in regulation. Just sayin. What defenseman are you going to sit when Ference is ready?

Numbah4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 10:03 AM
  #18
Bad Hat Harry
Registered User
 
Bad Hat Harry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: ME
Country: United States
Posts: 871
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by panny2727 View Post
yeap except for when Seguin telegraphed everything he did. why don't the Bruins just send Lundquist an email on what they ae trying to do.
Eh, Seguin looked a little off the off the whole night. As a whole the PP wasn't too shabby

Bad Hat Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 10:04 AM
  #19
panny2727
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 850
vCash: 500
i don't car what it looks like. results would have saved an OT.
The Krejci unit had like 2 out of the 6 minutes in last nights game, but they somehow scored. the other unit isn't getting it done
they came on the ice after a whistle so you can't say the d was tired. seguin actually buried one into the ranger logo on lundquist after 1.5 minutes of in zone time, so he basically gave the tired D ane forwards who couldn't move anymore a line change, DK would not of just done that

panny2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 10:04 AM
  #20
KrejciMVP
Registered User
 
KrejciMVP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,773
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by panny2727 View Post
Does anyone else scream at the TV when seguin is on the start of the PP and Krejci is sitting on the bench with two minutes left???
yes yes and yes

KrejciMVP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 10:08 AM
  #21
ODAAT
Registered User
 
ODAAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,508
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by panny2727 View Post
didn't the end of regulation pp come while b's were short handed and pevs and kelly was on the ice
sorry, 1 of the PP`s. Look, coaches make decisions for reasons none of us are aware of.

Who`s on the D for the opponent as an example, who`s up front. Bottom line is this, it`s pretty clear as day for me the two reasons why Julien has/had Segs out there so much on the PP

1st--- coaches try to put players in positions to succeed, Segs` confidence and production aren`t where he nor anyone wants it to be so it`s 100% natural to have him in a position to succeed and break out of it, not like he puts Kelly/Soupy on the PP

2nd-- puck movement, the best PP`s are the best why??? Quick puck movement, constant moving of the feet too, while Segs may not be as smooth as DK, he does something that DK doesn`t, and that`s not hesitate to get rid of the puck quickly, distribute the puck to someone without hesitation.

I have NEVER (go ahead, go back and read through the years of posts) been a fan of DK on the PP. For those of us blessed to watch Savvy when he was playing, he was so effective for two reasons, one was a sublime on ice vision and awareness (which I believe both DK and Segs have) and two, he NEVER hesitated with the puck, he knew where it was going before it touched his blade.

Half of the issues on this PP are entrance to the zone with speed (DK doesn`t do this enough) and quick puck movement, again, not a DK strength

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 10:08 AM
  #22
panny2727
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 850
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Hat Harry View Post
Eh, Seguin looked a little off the off the whole night. As a whole the PP wasn't too shabby
It wasn't bad but IMO it can be better and playing an inconsistent seguin to start the pp consistently has irked me

panny2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 10:10 AM
  #23
Mike Yeos Eyebrows
Suck, suck, suck!
 
Mike Yeos Eyebrows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: They all suck!
Country: United States
Posts: 17,546
vCash: 500
Torey Krug runs the power play. Simple as that.

His spot on the team next season is guaranteed.

Mike Yeos Eyebrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 10:11 AM
  #24
Pie O My
Registered User
 
Pie O My's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Shawmut Center
Country: Armenia
Posts: 7,530
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
that PP last night with 8 shots looked great.
it looked positively "pull your goalie and go 6 on 5"ish. The sense of urgency creates movement, and the movement/skating makes the pk box move and creates open lanes. CJ should pound that film into them as much as he can.

Pie O My is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 10:12 AM
  #25
panny2727
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 850
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
sorry, 1 of the PP`s. Look, coaches make decisions for reasons none of us are aware of.

Who`s on the D for the opponent as an example, who`s up front. Bottom line is this, it`s pretty clear as day for me the two reasons why Julien has/had Segs out there so much on the PP

1st--- coaches try to put players in positions to succeed, Segs` confidence and production aren`t where he nor anyone wants it to be so it`s 100% natural to have him in a position to succeed and break out of it, not like he puts Kelly/Soupy on the PP

2nd-- puck movement, the best PP`s are the best why??? Quick puck movement, constant moving of the feet too, while Segs may not be as smooth as DK, he does something that DK doesn`t, and that`s not hesitate to get rid of the puck quickly, distribute the puck to someone without hesitation.

I have NEVER (go ahead, go back and read through the years of posts) been a fan of DK on the PP. For those of us blessed to watch Savvy when he was playing, he was so effective for two reasons, one was a sublime on ice vision and awareness (which I believe both DK and Segs have) and two, he NEVER hesitated with the puck, he knew where it was going before it touched his blade.

Half of the issues on this PP are entrance to the zone with speed (DK doesn`t do this enough) and quick puck movement, again, not a DK strength
i disagree, i think his hands are lightning fast and the magic he creates out there is above and beyond when its playoff time. He has 14 friggin points and his unit sits the bench while those guys are out there not putting the puck in the net.

As for Seguin its time for him to get himself going, show some confidence and ****in move his feet consistently. He stands around watching the play like a rookie and IMO should be up in the stands for his sloppy and uninspired play.

panny2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:14 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.