HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rick Nash

Closed Thread

Old
05-17-2013, 03:19 AM
Cake or Death

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by first man in View Post
nash suffers from the "lazy disorder" where he floats around aimlessly waiting for the puck.

News flash ricky, you need to take the puck away, not wait for it.
ao cd

Old
05-17-2013, 09:00 AM
Fataldogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
Gaborik scored in the playoffs though.
Gaborik > Nash

Gaborik as an injured player was a significant piece in beating the Capitals.

Nash as a suspected injured player has been a passenger for 8 games now. 0 goals in 8 games for a guy you restructured your team around is unacceptable. I don't care if he's injured or not. He has to do something.

Old
05-17-2013, 09:02 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by First Man In View Post
Nash suffers from the "lazy disorder" where he floats around aimlessly waiting for the puck.

News flash Ricky, you need to take the puck away, not wait for it.
So all those times during the year where he broke through multiple defenders himself, or drove the puck to the net, he was actually just floating after the puck? That's pretty damn impressive.

Nash hasn't contributed any goals in 8 games, but it sure as hell hasn't been due to lack of effort on his part.

Old
05-17-2013, 09:26 AM
Crease

His fault or not, the success of this team depends on Nash producing. If he doesn't pick it up, I hope it's the case that he's nursing some serious injury. If it turns out that he's relatively healthy right now, it doesn't bode well for the future.

Old
05-17-2013, 09:40 AM
skillhockey

Playing in Rangers has an effect to suck the talent drop by drop from player untill there's but a shell left and they get shopped to montreal or some other crappy team. Nash is on this same train with richards sitting in front.

Old
05-17-2013, 10:06 AM
Colby
HFB Partner

He has 28 SOG in 8 games. 6 last night. I think they'll start to go in.

Old
05-17-2013, 10:42 AM
tjs252

I have full faith that if his injury were so significant the training staff would not let him play. At this time of year, plenty of people are banged up and playing through injury. Nash, if he's on the ice, HAS to alter the game with his size. For him not to, to me, is the definition of invisible.

Old
05-17-2013, 12:52 PM
Richter Scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjs252 View Post
I have full faith that if his injury were so significant the training staff would not let him play.
Not necessarily -- if a player is determined to play in the playoffs, they may play through some pretty serious injuries. In the 2002 playoffs, Steve Yzerman played through an incredibly serious knee injury that he missed 30 regular season games for. He ended up having reconstructive surgery -- knee realignment surgery -- in the offseason; a surgery that is typically something only the elderly have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjs252 View Post
At this time of year, plenty of people are banged up and playing through injury. Nash, if he's on the ice, HAS to alter the game with his size. For him not to, to me, is the definition of invisible.
That said, this is definitely true. Despite Yzerman playing on one leg throughout those playoffs, he led his team to a cup and led the team in playoff points (2nd in total playoff scoring, behind only Forsberg).

Of course, Nash is no Steve Yzerman... but if he's playing, he has to put up more points than he has so far, injured or not.

Last edited by Richter Scale: 05-17-2013 at 12:59 PM.
Old
05-17-2013, 12:58 PM
Aufheben
The jam must flow...

vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
So all those times during the year where he broke through multiple defenders himself, or drove the puck to the net, he was actually just floating after the puck? That's pretty damn impressive.

Nash hasn't contributed any goals in 8 games, but it sure as hell hasn't been due to lack of effort on his part.
He still seems like he's trying to do it all by himself, though he's made the smart pass when it's been open. I'd like to see him get "lost" in the O-zone, just find some open space and let go some shots. Those highlight goals don't happen in the playoffs, realistically.

And this goes for everyone, just keep it simple. Simple, aggressive play creates room for fancier moves/plays.

Old
05-17-2013, 01:38 PM
Jersey Girl

NBC Sports showed a replay of a Moore shot from the point on the power play, and stated how shameful it was that nobody bothered to get in front of the net. Apparently Nash is so injured he couldn't skate 10 feet to his right to be a presence in front of the net....he was just standing there watching.

Old
05-22-2013, 02:38 AM
toewsintangibles

This guy has lot to answer for after the Rangers are bounced out

Old
05-22-2013, 07:23 AM
Jax1166

So is Nash hurt, is he just a choker, or worst, is he a soft perimeter player?

My impression was Nash was a true offensive power forward who could play dirty in front of the net and create his own scoring chances off the rush.
But I'm not seeing it......

Old
05-22-2013, 07:38 AM
NikC

Nash will redeem himself as playoff performer in the future. He's too good. And in all fairness he was pretty much unsupported

Old
05-22-2013, 07:58 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Does he have that extra gear for the playoffs? Thats the question.

Hes awfully soft for such a big guy.

Old
05-22-2013, 07:59 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Does he have that extra gear for the playoffs? Thats the question.

Hes awfully soft for such a big guy.
He wasn't at the start of the season though. I feel like he has worn down or he is nursing an injury.

Old
05-22-2013, 08:03 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
He wasn't at the start of the season though. I feel like he has worn down or he is nursing an injury.
Thats convenient.

He certainly looked more dynamic with the puck earlier in the year (against poorer teams, mind you), but hes never really been a physical player.

Old
05-22-2013, 08:12 AM
Tomas Sandstrom 28

Count me in the crowd that wishes we didn't make the Nash trade.
I don't hate the guy or anything, and he's definitely had some great moments, but I just liked our team much better last year.

Nash is incredibly talented, and capable of scoring some highlight reel goals. The problem is, he's not capable of making simple plays and doesn't utilize his teammates.

I don't think I've seen him attempt a give-and-go pass all season. Instead he'll try to skate through two defenders on his own. To his credit, sometimes it works. But in these playoffs it doesn't.

Old
05-22-2013, 08:15 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Thats convenient.

He certainly looked more dynamic with the puck earlier in the year (against poorer teams, mind you), but hes never really been a physical player.
He was more physical than he has been in the playoffs, that's for sure.

What's convenient about it? Me making an observation from watching every game this year? You said yourself he looked more dynamic with the puck.

Playing a physical game doesn't have to mean hitting and driving people through the boards. It has to do with his speed and using his size to lean on people to create turnovers. His legs look wiped out and he isn't moving his feet as much. He is laboring for one reason or another.

Old
05-22-2013, 08:39 AM
Jersey Girl

Quote:
Thats convenient.

Checking in the playoffs is a far different world from the regular season. That could be the difference...Nash has not adjusted to that.

Old
05-22-2013, 08:46 AM
OverTheCap

I agree with BRB. For a player of his size, he is pretty bad along the boards and gives up on the puck too easily. I thought Jagr outplayed Nash last night.

Old
05-22-2013, 09:59 AM
FOD

Nash is Marian Gaborik reincarnated. Just bigger.

Old
05-22-2013, 10:24 AM
Colorado Avalanche

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
I agree with BRB. For a player of his size, he is pretty bad along the boards and gives up on the puck too easily. I thought Jagr outplayed Nash last night.
Are you talking about Jagr winning board battles vs Nash? Jagr is like one of the best playing along the boards.

Old
05-22-2013, 10:50 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Avalanche View Post
Are you talking about Jagr winning board battles vs Nash? Jagr is like one of the best playing along the boards.
Jagr was a lot like Nash in the beginning of his career (except better, of course).

He really revamped his game the latter half of his career and became a monster on the boards and less of a 1 on 1 player.

Old
05-22-2013, 10:53 AM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOD View Post
Nash is Marian Gaborik reincarnated. Just bigger.
Great analogy. I'm already getting disgusted with the way Nash plays; way too soft for my money!

Old
05-22-2013, 11:13 AM
OverTheCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Avalanche View Post
In general, I thought Jagr was more noticeable than Nash. He was creating more sustained pressure than Nash and buzzing around the net. Aside from about two or three rushes, Nash wasn't much of a factor.

Jagr is one of the best players of all time, and his ability to protect the puck is still excellent. But he is also getting old and doesn't have the stamina that he used to. Nash is in his prime and he should be more of a presence on the ice.

Closed Thread