HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What's with Don Cherry hate with our swedes?

Old
05-17-2013, 02:04 AM
Beville
#ForTheBoys

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rals View Post
Last year when he bashed Ottawa for putting in silf, saying you don't put a guy in playoffs who didn't get you in there, then went on to praise about Mark stones play the night before sums him up.
The comment regarding Silf is funny...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Cherry's only NHL game was in the Playoffs with the Bruins?

All I can tell you is this, Cherry is a ****.

Beville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 06:40 AM
alfierulestheworld

With Sweden beating Canada yesterday, Don will be really angry and fired up tonight.

alfierulestheworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 07:11 AM
OgieO

Swedish is a race now? A glorious & sexy race I would say!

Kidding aside, I like it when the CBC gets on us, we always seem to respond. Hope tonight is another example.

OgieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 08:23 AM
robsenz
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beville View Post
The comment regarding Silf is funny...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Cherry's only NHL game was in the Playoffs with the Bruins?

All I can tell you is this, Cherry is a ****.

I think his one NHL game was with the Leafs, don't think it was playoffs...but I don't fully remember.

robsenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 09:16 AM
Romans12_12
Deal With It

I love Grapes. I wish we could get him on a US station. Watching Coaches corner is like watching Game of Thrones. I savor every second of it, it flies by too fast, and it is never enough when it finished.

I actually had heard that he has a residence in Buffalo, in the same subdivision with Bob Cole, and Harry Neal. Anyone know if there is any truth to that? I think I heard it around the time that Harry Neal switched to doing Buffalo broadcasts.

Romans12_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 09:35 AM
MrG
Lord and Saviour

I like Grapes and I enjoy his insight on most things he speaks about. But when he says things like this it just makes me facepalm right through my head.

His bias is so glaring sometimes. If this is Toronto he wouldn't say a word.

Talking about the Leafs referring to them as "we" is disgusting. I realize he's a Toronto fan but it's just ridiculous sometimes.

MrG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 09:48 AM
NyQuil
Neon NyQuil

"Yeah, good on Ottawa for coming back and everything...but Montreal, that face-off"

(insert 5 minute rant on face-off)

NyQuil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 09:59 AM
Maxd

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
"Yeah, good on Ottawa for coming back and everything...but Montreal, that face-off"

(insert 5 minute rant on face-off)
^this

Maxd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 10:20 AM
dpw

He hates Ottawa more then Joe Bowmen loves the leafs.

His team choked, we lost and he decided to kick us while we're down in an attempt to make himself and leaf nation feel better.

Bad clothing and even worst plastic face.

dpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 10:57 AM
Ice-Tray

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post
I like Grapes and I enjoy his insight on most things he speaks about. But when he says things like this it just makes me facepalm right through my head.

His bias is so glaring sometimes. If this is Toronto he wouldn't say a word.

Talking about the Leafs referring to them as "we" is disgusting. I realize he's a Toronto fan but it's just ridiculous sometimes.
No way, if it was two leaf players laughing on the bench during a loss he would have been LIVID as opposed to his luke-warm delivery about the Sens.

He may be a lot of things, but he universally hates that stuff and would have come down hard on Canadian boys too...

Ice-Tray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 07:36 PM
Constantine
In hoc signo vinces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Answer View Post
I'm usually the one who doesn't take Cherry seriously at all. But, I have to say he does seem racist to me with his comments again non-canadian hockey players.

The other night he was taking free unnecessary shots at Karlsson(thought we know he's not playing good), then at Zibanejab and Silfverberg sitting on the bench, mocking them, so uncalled for. How ever, he took it to a whole another level when he mocked Alfredsson for wearing a head band in the warm up, saying this is the playoffs and Alfredsson is not serious about it at all? Are you ****ing kidding me? Was that necessary? Alfreddson knows all about the playoffs and what it takes to win. Don Cherry should really keep his mouth shut, when he has no clue what he's talking about.
Cherry is a dink.

Last edited by Constantine: 05-17-2013 at 07:42 PM.
Constantine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 07:50 PM
Royal Canuck
M-V-P

vCash: 814
Don't worry, he hates our swedes too.

Thinking about it, he hates everyone that's not Canadian.

Twitter |HFBoards Contact | Blog
PSN - TBennz
"You have to hate losing, more than you love winning. "
Royal Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 08:34 PM
Rhino Reilly
That D Biz

Send a message via Skype™ to Rhino Reilly
It's funny that he hates on ZBad because he plays a more 'Canadian' game then some of the Canadians on this team. If he were a Leaf, he'd love his game.

Rhino Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 03:00 AM
Countdown0
Painfully Honest

Don's an idiot who is living in the past. If you take anything he has to say about the character of Sens player's personally, then you need to stop. He's getting worse too. All the fighting that he did when he was younger? Someone probably damaged the part of his brain that filters stupidity, and the part that controls personality is going double time to compensate.

Countdown0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 03:18 AM
octopi

vCash: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianHockey View Post
Xenophobic, not racist. I didn't think he was that bad. Ripped Cowen, praised Methot. Who cares about the headband? So what, an old man yelled about clouds... Move on.
I love how people act like xenophobia is better.

If you say bad things about someone because of their skin color, it's considered very inappropriate,but saying bad things about someone based on their country is considered all right how? IMHO, both are equally bad and equally discrimination.

octopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 08:56 AM
bacon25

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasTeD View Post
I watch Don Cherry not for hockey insight, but for old man dementia hilarity. I love watching Ron Wilson's face as Don makes his crazy outrageous statement. It's worth the price of admission just to watch Ron's reaction.

It's like when Kanye West and Mike Myers were on tv after the New Orleans disaster. Cherry's a product of a different time, just ignore every comment like water off a ducks back.

bacon25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 09:04 AM
bacon25

Quote:
Originally Posted by octopi View Post
I love how people act like xenophobia is better.

If you say bad things about someone because of their skin color, it's considered very inappropriate,but saying bad things about someone based on their country is considered all right how? IMHO, both are equally bad and equally discrimination.
what's the word for the phobia that describes when one fanbase irrationally or rationally hates another? Just wondering...

bacon25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 09:38 AM
mcnorth

Has anyone ever been able to soak more out of coaching 500 games in the NHL? I mean, it's the same stories for 30 years every Saturday. He never says anything new, he seems to be the embodiment of that stubborn fool who refuses, and is proud of, not actually learning. He never seems to change, it's so predictable and uninteresting. You can ask just about anyone ten questions on anything and ask them to predict what Don Cherry would say on the issue, and that person will go, at least, 9 out of 10. And not simply the answer, but the why as well. And when that's the case... why the hell is he on TV? He brings nothing but bluster and bombast. Not what you say, but how you say it? Is the shtick that compelling?

mcnorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 09:59 AM
Waldrag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
Cherry dislikes non-Canadians.
This.

Nothing to take seriously.

Waldrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 10:04 AM
YearsintheWilderness

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by johan f View Post
I wonder if there are other hockeyshows in Canada? If the general hockeyfan is getting analyzis somewhere else, if viewers gets insight from other persons than Cherry? If not, I am confused how people can stand having a hockeyshow where only nonsens are spit out.

For 20 years I have heard people in Canada think he is a lutanic but fun and I don't understand how hockey can be treated like that and I don't understand why fans accept such a tool like Cherry. Icehockey deserves better than being fronted by a clown.
Because, you see, Canadians are some of the biggest herd-mentality morons on the planet. Canadians like to claim they are more intelligent on the whole than yanks. But all you have to do is look at the morons who Canadians elect as leaders, the castrated **** who are their media, and their weird naivety that masquerades as smugness (and sarcasm).

Yes, I am Canadian. And no doubt the above comment is a tad smug.

YearsintheWilderness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 10:33 AM
mcnorth

I wish CBC would can Ron and Don. So ******* vanilla. But it seems they like their product to tow the company line. It is so obvious to hear the analysts, they clearly know what they can say and what they can't say. I enjoy Steve Kouleus (sp?), he knows the entire league and still seems like a fan and is enthusiastic about the game.

mcnorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 10:42 AM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
There is a number that shows how much I care about what Cherry (or anyone in the Toronto media for that matter) thinks about the Senators, and it looks a lot like the letter on the front of our heritage jerseys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romans12_12 View Post
I love Grapes. I wish we could get him on a US station. Watching Coaches corner is like watching Game of Thrones. I savor every second of it, it flies by too fast, and it is never enough when it finished.

I actually had heard that he has a residence in Buffalo, in the same subdivision with Bob Cole, and Harry Neal. Anyone know if there is any truth to that? I think I heard it around the time that Harry Neal switched to doing Buffalo broadcasts.
I'd like to know where that neighbourhood is.... so I can move to the opposite side of the planet.

internetdotcom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 11:13 AM
madinsomniac

Wow, Don Cherry said something controversial? That is just amazing... Lol take anything he says with a grain of salt and move on, or just ignore him altogether... he is hockey's oldest and greatest troll.

I think its safe to say the majority of the hockey world realizes Karlsson is still not 100%. He is playing with more heart than speed right now and for a player with his skill set, less speed is hard to adjust to. I think everyone also knows the other two are very young players. The Pen's best two youngsters, Bennet and Despres, haven't even dressed this series. Hockey coaches rarely rely heavily on young players regardless of nationality.

Nothing useful in Cherry's comments... we all know that.

madinsomniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 11:52 AM
Do Make Say Think
& Yet & Yet

vCash: 50
I didn't bother watching after the game last night but you gotta believe Cherry gave massive props to Lehner

Do Make Say Think is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 12:09 PM
SaxPlayer

I treat Coach's Corner like any ad - it's a great time to go get some snacks or head to the bathroom. I haven't seen anything resembling real insight or anything beyond the ravings of an old coot for many years now.

That being said, am I the only one that thinks that headband looks ridiculous?

SaxPlayer is offline   Reply With Quote