HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-14 Flyers Overhaul

Closed Thread

Old
05-16-2013, 04:36 PM
Prongo
Beer

vCash: 500
BC16, have you heard any rumors and anything being discussed among your scout buddies? Regarding the Flyers or even other teams?

Old
05-16-2013, 04:58 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
BC16, have you heard any rumors and anything being discussed among your scout buddies? Regarding the Flyers or even other teams?
I haven't heard too much. I've been informed though that they're going to visit a lot of players and that the one guy they really seem to like is Ian McCoshen from Waterloo of the USHL. I've heard from a few guys that Don Luce has seen him up close several times and that Luce and company really like his game. They view him as the complete package and he might be the best of all the defensemen in this draft when it comes time to evaluate a few years down the road.

The other name that I've heard to keep an eye on is Bo Horvat from the London Knights. He's got some very big fans in Dennis Petterson and Ian Laperriere. Simon Nolet has also visited London a few times to see Horvat play as well. The Flyers love Horvat's overall game and think he can be an elite winger. He's an elite defensive player and his offensive game is really starting to come into form. He'll be in London again, but they think he might be an 80 to 90 point forward next year when Seth Griffith is gone and Horvat becomes the number one winger on the club.

That's all what I've heard so far.

Old
05-16-2013, 05:14 PM
Prongo
Beer

Thank you for the update. McCoshen is interesting. Could be there early in the 2nd round. Big kid already at 6'3. Point producer in the USHL. Wouldn't mind taking him in round two. Now if we like him in round two, we are taking a forward in round one

Old
05-16-2013, 05:22 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I haven't heard too much. I've been informed though that they're going to visit a lot of players and that the one guy they really seem to like is Ian McCoshen from Waterloo of the USHL. I've heard from a few guys that Don Luce has seen him up close several times and that Luce and company really like his game. They view him as the complete package and he might be the best of all the defensemen in this draft when it comes time to evaluate a few years down the road.

The other name that I've heard to keep an eye on is Bo Horvat from the London Knights. He's got some very big fans in Dennis Petterson and Ian Laperriere. Simon Nolet has also visited London a few times to see Horvat play as well. The Flyers love Horvat's overall game and think he can be an elite winger. He's an elite defensive player and his offensive game is really starting to come into form. He'll be in London again, but they think he might be an 80 to 90 point forward next year when Seth Griffith is gone and Horvat becomes the number one winger on the club.

That's all what I've heard so far.
I'm not surprised by that. I kind of figured they would be high on him with the London connection and his recent performances in the OHL playoffs. He just seems like a player this FO would love.

Old
05-16-2013, 06:10 PM
BernieParent

So Horvat at #11, to add to the Centre factory?

Old
05-16-2013, 06:12 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
I'm not surprised by that. I kind of figured they would be high on him with the London connection and his recent performances in the OHL playoffs. He just seems like a player this FO would love.
Yep. They love their two way players who can play both offense and defense. I like Horvat, but if they're looking for a forward, I wish they'd draft one who is a purely offensive player. With that being said, I'm really intrigued by the idea of Ian McCoshen. He's a big guy (6'3, 210 pounds) who can skate, shoot, plays great defensively and has a mean streak to him.

Old
05-16-2013, 06:20 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
So Horvat at #11, to add to the Centre factory?
Horvat is listed as a center, but he plays the wing on Domi's line.

Old
05-16-2013, 07:47 PM
Clown Baby*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Horvat is listed as a center, but he plays the wing on Domi's line.
I'd say someone should tell the Knights' they're doing it wrong (you want your best defensive players playing center), but it's hard to argue with their success.

Old
05-16-2013, 09:41 PM
lancer247

Quote:
Thank you for the update. McCoshen is interesting. Could be there early in the 2nd round. Big kid already at 6'3. Point producer in the USHL. Wouldn't mind taking him in round two. Now if we like him in round two, we are taking a forward in round one
friends that have seen him play compared him to a better skating Adam McQuaid. I would love for him to be there in rd 2.

Old
05-17-2013, 12:28 AM
GoneFullHextall
rustling jimmies

vCash: 50
McCoshen projected as a 2nd round pick?

Old
05-17-2013, 12:54 AM
orange is better
Lattelepjandi lopatr

I'd be EXTREMELY disappointed if we took horvat with the 11th pick.

How about:
Trade Couturier to TOR for Gardiner
Trade Coburn to ??? for a mid-late 1st

Draft Nurse, Ristolainen or Pulock at #11
Draft Horvat with the later first.

Hartnell-Giroux-Voracek
Akeson-Schenn-Simmonds
Gagne-Laughton-Read
Rinaldo-Talbot-McGinn
Rosehill

Timonen-Schenn
Gardiner-Grossmann
Gustafsson-Meszaros
Lauridsen

Bryzgalov
Mason

Last edited by orange is better; 05-17-2013 at 01:12 AM..
Old
05-17-2013, 07:39 AM
Curufinwe

That Couturier trade is horrible for the Flyers.

Old
05-17-2013, 08:14 AM
Flyotes
Sorry Hinkie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
That Couturier trade is horrible for the Flyers.
It is, but I love roster/lineup posts. Always fun to muse. Not interested in helping Toronto win another trade, either (shh, everyone was right that it should have been JVR for Schenn + Kadri).

Old
05-17-2013, 08:41 AM
spudnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
I'd be EXTREMELY disappointed if we took horvat with the 11th pick.

How about:
Trade Couturier to TOR for Gardiner

Draft Nurse, Ristolainen or Pulock at #11
Draft Horvat with the later first.

Hartnell-Giroux-Voracek
Akeson-Schenn-Simmonds
Gagne-Laughton-Read
Rinaldo-Talbot-McGinn
Rosehill

Timonen-Schenn
Gardiner-Grossmann
Gustafsson-Meszaros
Lauridsen

Bryzgalov
Mason
That would be a huge disappointment if they take Horvat at 11.

Old
05-17-2013, 08:53 AM
Curufinwe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownieFaceSoftener View Post
It is, but I love roster/lineup posts. Always fun to muse. Not interested in helping Toronto win another trade, either (shh, everyone was right that it should have been JVR for Schenn + Kadri).
JVR was never worth that much. If he was, Holmgren would have traded him to another team.

Old
05-17-2013, 09:29 AM
RJ8812*

does anyone know much about Chad Larose? Looks like he'll be a UFA this summer and he could be someone we might want to bring in for our bottom 6. Plays right wing, kills penalties, had a rough year, but he looks like he can put up around 30 points.

had a cap hit of $1.7m

Old
05-17-2013, 09:35 AM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
does anyone know much about Chad Larose? Looks like he'll be a UFA this summer and he could be someone we might want to bring in for our bottom 6. Plays right wing, kills penalties, had a rough year, but he looks like he can put up around 30 points.

had a cap hit of $1.7m
Well I know he has had a horrible year. He didn't even have an exit interview with Rutherford down there. That means he is definitely hitting the market. If we do end up trading Matt Read, he could be a suitable 3rd line replacement for him. Besides this year he has constantly put up 30 points also. Might not be a bad option. I think if Read gets traded though.

I would offer 3 years 6 million.

Old
05-17-2013, 09:42 AM
Mr Black
Flyers-76ers-Eagles

I wonder what PHX would ask in return for Gormley.

Old
05-17-2013, 09:43 AM
RJ8812*

Quote:
Well I know he has had a horrible year. He didn't even have an exit interview with Rutherford down there. That means he is definitely hitting the market. If we do end up trading Matt Read, he could be a suitable 3rd line replacement for him. Besides this year he has constantly put up 30 points also. Might not be a bad option. I think if Read gets traded though.

I would offer 3 years 6 million.
I was thinking the same kind of cash, but I wouldnt even move Read to make room for him

Hartnell-Giroux-Voracek
Gagne-Schenn-Simmonds
Read-Couturier-Larose
Talbot-Laughton-Rinaldo
Rosehill

call-ups: Akeson, McGinn

If Laughton struggles, yo usend him back, move Talbot to center on that 4th line and play McGinn or Akeson

Old
05-17-2013, 09:51 AM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
I was thinking the same kind of cash, but I wouldnt even move Read to make room for him

Hartnell-Giroux-Voracek
Gagne-Schenn-Simmonds
Read-Couturier-Larose
Talbot-Laughton-Rinaldo
Rosehill

call-ups: Akeson, McGinn

If Laughton struggles, yo usend him back, move Talbot to center on that 4th line and play McGinn or Akeson
With that lineup, we would have to hope Gagne signs for less than 2.85 million. That would be all the cap room we have. Of course Pronger is there, but we won't begin the year with LTIR. I never seen a team do that.

This is why I am fairly certain there is more moves than we think going into this offseason. We really are lacking cap space even with the Briere buyout. Bryz could just be a causality of the cap as well. People don't like the idea of Tim Thomas, but if we could get him in here to split time with Mason at 3 million, I do it. Tim Thomas was supposedly still working out and training during his time off, so he should still be ready for the NHL. Only on a one year deal though.

Old
05-17-2013, 09:58 AM
RJ8812*

Quote:
With that lineup, we would have to hope Gagne signs for less than 2.85 million. That would be all the cap room we have. Of course Pronger is there, but we won't begin the year with LTIR. I never seen a team do that.

This is why I am fairly certain there is more moves than we think going into this offseason. We really are lacking cap space even with the Briere buyout. Bryz could just be a causality of the cap as well. People don't like the idea of Tim Thomas, but if we could get him in here to split time with Mason at 3 million, I do it. Tim Thomas was supposedly still working out and training during his time off, so he should still be ready for the NHL. Only on a one year deal though.
we did it every year when Rathje was injured

Old
05-17-2013, 09:58 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
I'd be EXTREMELY disappointed if we took horvat with the 11th pick....
I don't think Horvat will last into the 20s.

Old
05-17-2013, 10:01 AM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
we did it every year when Rathje was injured
Did we? I aksed the question before and nobody gave me an answer, so I assumed we didn't. I can't remember the cap situation that far back, but it sounds about right.

Well if that is the case, we have about 7.8 million(with Pronger hitting LTIR) to go after a player.

That was a while ago though, we might not have the same thinking in the FO.

Old
05-17-2013, 10:36 AM
Rolex

This Ryan to Philly thing has been going on for a while. With Anaheim claiming that they are going to make some major changes, how do you feel about Ryan and Sbisa to Philly for Hartnell and Coburn?

Old
05-17-2013, 10:41 AM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolex View Post
This Ryan to Philly thing has been going on for a while. With Anaheim claiming that they are going to make some major changes, how do you feel about Ryan and Sbisa to Philly for Hartnell and Coburn?
If that's the deal, I actually feel that maybe Anaheim would have to add a little. Coburn>>>>Sbisa right now, but Ryan>Hartnell, but not by much. The one thing Ryan has on Hartnell is age, but Hartsy plays a more all around game.

Closed Thread