HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Tampa-Buffalo

Old
05-17-2013, 11:44 AM
MayDayMayDay

vCash: 500
I like this deal for Buffalo. What's more, I say keep Vinny and re-negotiate/re-structure his contract. I couldn't think of a better veteran guy to mentor our youngins.

MayDayMayDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 11:45 AM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmack224 View Post
Vinny would be going back to Tampa after being bought out by Buffalo.

Basically Tampa gets Vanek, Pysyk, 16th overall and Vinny at a 3.5 cap hit till he retires. for MacKinnon and Connolly.
Truthfully... that feels kinda worse. Love Vinny but moving forward without him and giving someone else the C while adding Drouin or MacKinnon wouldn't be a bad thing in the slightest. When you add Connolly, even moreso.

Still All In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 11:46 AM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:
It has never been that way.
Yes it has only the team that signs a player to a contract can buyout that player there has never been in history where a player that was signed by one team and was traded to another team and that team bought out that player. Does'nt matter why would Buffalo be so stupid to buyout Vinny and pay him $40 million just so that Tampa Bay can resign him for a cheaper deal and FYI neither Vinny of Yzerman would ever do this deal it just is'nt going to happen.

Number1RedWingsFan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 11:51 AM
stokes84

Send a message via AIM to stokes84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number1RedWingsFan52 View Post
Yes it has only the team that signs a player to a contract can buyout that player there has never been in history where a player that was signed by one team and was traded to another team and that team bought out that player. Does'nt matter why would Buffalo be so stupid to buyout Vinny and pay him $40 million just so that Tampa Bay can resign him for a cheaper deal and FYI neither Vinny of Yzerman would ever do this deal it just is'nt going to happen.
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1431391

Looks like you are wrong.

stokes84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 11:51 AM
Djp

Quote:
If Drouin goes 2nd overall to Florida. Its crazy but just wanted to throw it out there.

To Tampa:
Vanek (with Stamkos and St. Louis would be lethal)
Pysyk (young all around defenseman)
16th overall

To Buffalo:
3rd overall (Mackinnon)
Lecavalier (Buyout by Buffalo and resign with Tampa)(if the buyout rule kicks in this summer)
Connolly

Buffalo does this to get the Franchise Center and possible replacement for Vanek in Connolly. Only possible if Pegula is willing to eat the buyout money from Vinny.
No way is this done. Massive overpayments.

Pysyk was a first round a few years ago and the 16th overall this year for a salary dump and #3 pick

LeCav is owed $45M over the next 7 years. This means paying out $30M over 14 years.

$30M + Vanek + Pysyk+ #16 for MacKinnon....what the .....

Why not just buy the pick for #30M and be done.

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 11:54 AM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:
It has never been that way.
First off No Brainer LeCavalier has a NTC and he would never ever accept a deal to Buffalo only to be Boughtout why dont you try checking on the facts before proposing a stupid thread that would never ever happen in a million years any ways

Old
05-17-2013, 11:58 AM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by stokes84 View Post
LMAO Theres nothing on there that states that another team can buyout another teams player, You will have to do better then that.

Old
05-17-2013, 12:00 PM
cybresabre
Mad Magazine Scoutin

vCash: 751
Send a message via ICQ to cybresabre
Quote:
It's always been that way, Only a team that signs said player to a contract can Buyout that person First off why In the world would Buffalo Buyout LeCavalier and pay him $40 million only for LeCavalier to go back to Tampa on a cheaper deal that would be stupid on Buffalos part I think that Darcy Reiger has more brains then that to do that deal.
Link?
I haven't heard this anywhere. If you're going to make the claim that it's not permitted, give a source that substantiates what you're saying.

cybresabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 12:04 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
The Current CBA has only existed for 6 months... any prior historical data is irrelevant.

I suggest you brush up on Section 50.5 (c-iii-A )(P. 205-208) of the CBA

A team can buy out a player that it did not originally sign. The only stipulation is that a player cannot rejoin the team that bought out his contract for the duration of the hockey season in which he was bought out.

You are wrong

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 12:06 PM
Djp

Quote:
It's always been that way, Only a team that signs said player to a contract can Buyout that person First off why In the world would Buffalo Buyout LeCavalier and pay him $40 million only for LeCavalier to go back to Tampa on a cheaper deal that would be stupid on Buffalos part I think that Darcy Reiger has more brains then that to do that deal.
Cite your source where it says that....not just you heard it somewhere.

I looked at a pdf file and it says nothing that only the orginal contract team could buy him out.

in 2013 and 2014 there will be 2 times to buy out players..about a 2 week period at the end of June before UFA period starts and in Septemeber after Arbitration hearing happen.

In those times teams can buy out players----the only restrictio n on this amnesty buyout is the player has to be making more than $2.75M per year.

Old
05-17-2013, 12:07 PM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
The Current CBA has only existed for 6 months... any prior historical data is irrelevant.

I suggest you brush up on Section 50.5 (c-iii-A )(P. 205-208) of the CBA

A team can buy out a player that it did not originally sign. The only stipulation is that a player cannot rejoin the team that bought out his contract for the duration of the hockey season in which he was bought out.

You are wrong
Sorry your wrong it stipulates that only the team that the player has played on for that year can buy then out. Get a clue and better luck next time.

Old
05-17-2013, 12:10 PM
Djp

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJames217 View Post
I like this deal for Buffalo. What's more, I say keep Vinny and re-negotiate/re-structure his contract. I couldn't think of a better veteran guy to mentor our youngins.
As far as I know under the CBA you cant renegotiate or restructure a contract.

Old
05-17-2013, 12:12 PM
cybresabre
Mad Magazine Scoutin

Quote:
Sorry your wrong it stipulates that only the team that the player has played on for that year can buy then out. Get a clue and better luck next time.
There is no "common sense" in this legal document. We have the cba open, show us what page prohibits this behavior.

Old
05-17-2013, 12:12 PM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
As far as I know under the CBA you cant renegotiate or restructure a contract.
Right only in the last year of there contract which means that Vinny would have to play 6 more years before they could do that.

Old
05-17-2013, 12:14 PM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybresabre View Post
There is no "common sense" in this legal document. We have the cba open, show us what page prohibits this behavior.
LMAO Who cares it will never happen since Vinny has a NTC and would never accept a move to Buffalo He will never leave Tampa Bay and that's final.

Old
05-17-2013, 12:16 PM
stokes84

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybresabre View Post
Yeah, I'm not sure Donald Fehr wouldn't have to look this one up. It's definitely a pretty obscure issue.

Old
05-17-2013, 12:16 PM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJames217 View Post
You can only re-negotiate/re-structure in the final year of your contract so no this would not work in Vinnys case.

Old
05-17-2013, 12:17 PM
cybresabre
Mad Magazine Scoutin

Quote:
LMAO Who cares it will never happen since Vinny has a NTC and would never accept a move to Buffalo He will never leave Tampa Bay and that's final.
I'll take that as a concession, thank you.

Of course it will never happen, but it is a situation that comes up frequently and it'd be nice to know if it were prohibited.

Old
05-17-2013, 12:19 PM
stokes84

Quote:
I didn't peg you as a guy who could back up his argument. Thanks for confirming it.

Old
05-17-2013, 12:19 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
The only thing I've seen on this is here:

Quote:
During the second “buy-out” period (following Salary Arbitration), a Club may not “buy-out” a Player
who: (i) was not on its Reserve List as of the most recent Trade Deadline; or (ii) has an AA that is
less than $2,750,000 (which amount shall be indexed to the percentage increase in ALS starting
with 2013/14 as the base year, with 2014/15 being the first year such increase shall take effect).
For example, if a Player with an AA of $5,000,000 is acquired by a Club that is able to execute a
buy-out during the second buyout period on the July 15 immediately prior to such second buy-out
period, he cannot be bought out by the Club during that second buy-out period.
...and this is about the second buy-out period during arbitration awards. The burden of proof is actually yours, the ridiculousness of the conversation aside. Cite something, since it's clear plenty of people have not seen what you are stating as rule.

Edit -- found one thing:

Quote:
More specialty rules with regard to buy-outs emerging as clubs will no longer be able to buy out players earning 2.75 or less who were not..(cont) on a clubs reserve list as of or prior to Trade Deadline. That dovetails with the already known can not walk away from Salary Arb awards... less than 3.5 million total. Big change with regard to players that have clubs file for salary award are still eligible for an offer. less than 3.5 million total. Big change with regard to players that have clubs file for salary award are still eligible for an offer (cont) an offer sheet. Call this the abolishment of the summer with Weber and Parise who were boxed out of a group 2 offer by clubs filing for arb
https://twitter.com/brianlawton9

05-17-2013, 12:20 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
First off No Brainer LeCavalier has a NTC and he would never ever accept a deal to Buffalo only to be Boughtout why dont you try checking on the facts before proposing a stupid thread that would never ever happen in a million years any ways
I agree, the premise is ridiculous. But if it was proposed, Lecavalier would be an idiot not to accept.

He gets the remaining 51 million on his current contract, and then gets to sign a new contract, for more money, with Tampa, over the same time period.

Lecavalier not accepting would be the equivalent of saying No to a raise.

Old
05-17-2013, 12:25 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
I went in search of clues, and all I came up with was the NHL Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Here's what happend.

On page 1 of this thread, someone posted :
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronounced Anders View Post
You can't buy-out a contract you didn't sign. Only Tampa can buy-out Vinny. It's in the CBA.
You read it, and quickly regurgitated it to look like you knew something:

Quote:
First off if you had any commen sense You would know that Buffalo cant Buyout LeCavalier since they did'nt sign him in the first place only Tampa Bay can Buy him out per CBA before you propose something crazy try checking out the facts just makes you look more credible.
For the last hour you've been called out on it, and have been unable to support your claim

Old
05-17-2013, 12:25 PM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by stokes84 View Post
I didn't peg you as a guy who could back up his argument. Thanks for confirming it.
First off i dont have to back my arguments up, Since it's all a mute point any ways bottom line is that LeCavalier has a NTC and would never accept a move to Buffalo He's already said that he will never leave Tampa and there is no way that Yzerman would even think about about trading our franchise player. And why would Buffalo be stupid enough to trade for Vinny to only buy him out so that Tampa Bay could resign him for cheaper that makes absolutely no sense at all on Buffalos part. This had to be one of the stupidist threads that i have ever seen,

Old
05-17-2013, 12:32 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
First off i dont have to back my arguments up, Since it's all a mute point any ways bottom line is that LeCavalier has a NTC and would never accept a move to Buffalo He's already said that he will never leave Tampa and there is no way that Yzerman would even think about about trading our franchise player. And why would Buffalo be stupid enough to trade for Vinny to only buy him out so that Tampa Bay could resign him for cheaper that makes absolutely no sense at all on Buffalos part. This had to be one of the stupidist threads that i have ever seen,
Why Tampa Does it : Major cap relief, and salary savings

Why Lecavalier does it : He makes MORE money, and stays in Tampa (re-signs there after buyout from Buffalo)

Why Buffalo does it : They spend cash (buyout) to get to the top 3 of the draft for a franchise player

It's really not that hard to follow

Old
05-17-2013, 12:32 PM
stokes84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
I agree, the premise is ridiculous. But if it was proposed, Lecavalier would be an idiot not to accept.

He gets the remaining 51 million on his current contract, and then gets to sign a new contract, for more money, with Tampa, over the same time period.

Lecavalier not accepting would be the equivalent of saying No to a raise.
I don't know that the premise is all that ridiculous. Think of it like a soccer transfer. $51 million in order to sign Neymar. Would Pegula pay that much to get one of the 5 best young talents in the world? I think he would.