Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

B's 4th line

Old
09-30-2006, 08:01 PM
OldTimeHockey24

vCash: 500
B's 4th line

I dont know if anyone else feels this way but i thought in todays preseason game against the rangers the 4th line played excellent. Tenkrat hustled the whole time and i was impressed with the way they played on the ice. At times when the rest of the team was slowing down and playing horrible, it seemed the 4th line was the only bright spot. Im excited if this continues, because we'll have great depth. Kessell played ok today, besides the mishap in front of the net, and i think Savard's passing was amazing but his defense lacked tremendously. Overall they played an up and down game with wayyyy too many penalties, but come opening night i think they'll be ready to go. if the 4th line plays as well as they did today, i think we'll be in for a much improved bruins season. considering theres no other place to go then up.

p.s. the new scoreboard at the garden is excellent!

OldTimeHockey24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 08:05 PM
Patrice37

Send a message via AIM to Patrice37
the scoreboard is not "excellent" is the most beautiful thing i have seen in my entire life

Patrice37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 10:12 PM
Cheesy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrice37 View Post
the scoreboard is not "excellent" is the most beautiful thing i have seen in my entire life
It really is. When Edwards called it the best scoreboard in pro sports he wasn't kidding. Friggin amazing.

Cheesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 10:13 PM
Cheesy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimeHockey24 View Post
I dont know if anyone else feels this way but i thought in todays preseason game against the rangers the 4th line played excellent. Tenkrat hustled the whole time and i was impressed with the way they played on the ice. At times when the rest of the team was slowing down and playing horrible, it seemed the 4th line was the only bright spot. Im excited if this continues, because we'll have great depth. Kessell played ok today, besides the mishap in front of the net, and i think Savard's passing was amazing but his defense lacked tremendously. Overall they played an up and down game with wayyyy too many penalties, but come opening night i think they'll be ready to go. if the 4th line plays as well as they did today, i think we'll be in for a much improved bruins season. considering theres no other place to go then up.

p.s. the new scoreboard at the garden is excellent!
Tenkrat looked pretty good. I think the 4th line should be Mowers, definitely Hoggan, he was a wrecking ball today, and Tenkrat and Statsny can alternate. Maybe Brookbank every now and then if we need a goon in the lineup.

Old
09-30-2006, 11:05 PM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesy View Post
It really is. When Edwards called it the best scoreboard in pro sports he wasn't kidding. Friggin amazing.
Does anyone have any pictures or specs?

What makes it stand out from other scoreboards?

Mr. Make-Believe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2006, 12:56 AM
Krejci Knows Techno
Playoffs *****

its 4 huge hd screens, but there is two 360 displays and it just looks natural really, its pretty sweet, cant wait to see it sometime this season in person

Krejci Knows Techno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2006, 05:36 AM
Don Cherry*

As much as I really hate to mention this (again), we could have had a fourth line of Stastny centering Ruutu and Petrovicky for very reasonable coin. This would have been a hard-working, hard-hitting line that would easily be capable of 10 quality minutes per game.

Instead we have a glut of basic crap to try and pick enough players from to simply fill out a roster instead of three guys that could have been counted on before the start of camp to get the job done.-- I liked what I saw from Hoggan yesterday, but he couldn't even become a regular on last years terrible St. Louis team. Lewis little pet (Mowers) couldn't fully crack the Wings lineup- ever- and he's now 33 years old and past his peak. (whenever that was). Tenkrat is simply crap that Chia took a chance on. Despite his goal it's obvious that he's a waste and the only reason he's still on the roster is that Chiapet brought him here himself and doesn't want to look like an idiot. (too late)

I don't understand throwing millions around and then not throwing a few hundred thousand towards a quality fourth line so we could at least have a possibility of "rolling four lines".

Don Cherry* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2006, 11:17 AM
Westfield Eagle*

Send a message via AIM to Westfield Eagle*
Don't worry DC, at least The B's have your favorite player Wade Brookbank

Westfield Eagle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2006, 11:35 AM
Beezy

Send a message via Yahoo to Beezy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Make-Believe View Post

The HD screens are probably 12x18 feet. The video quality is like watching your screen at home with little distortion based on your viewing angle. So essentially you have 4 screens at right angles that show the play in realtime. Then above those screens is a circular ringed scoreboard about 4 feet high with time, scores, etc. If you are sitting in the upper bowl, you'll have a much better view up close if the play is hard to see.

My only criticism is that time left on penalties was pretty miniscule.

Re: 4th line. I do like Hoggan and Mowers. I'd like to see Hoggan make the club, and Mowers is a shoo-in anyhow.

Beezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2006, 12:09 PM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Cherry View Post
As much as I really hate to mention this (again), we could have had a fourth line of Stastny centering Ruutu and Petrovicky for very reasonable coin. This would have been a hard-working, hard-hitting line that would easily be capable of 10 quality minutes per game.

Instead we have a glut of basic crap to try and pick enough players from to simply fill out a roster instead of three guys that could have been counted on before the start of camp to get the job done.-- I liked what I saw from Hoggan yesterday, but he couldn't even become a regular on last years terrible St. Louis team. Lewis little pet (Mowers) couldn't fully crack the Wings lineup- ever- and he's now 33 years old and past his peak. (whenever that was). Tenkrat is simply crap that Chia took a chance on. Despite his goal it's obvious that he's a waste and the only reason he's still on the roster is that Chiapet brought him here himself and doesn't want to look like an idiot. (too late)

I don't understand throwing millions around and then not throwing a few hundred thousand towards a quality fourth line so we could at least have a possibility of "rolling four lines".

While I do not share your disdain of Mowers and Hoggan (I actually think Mowers is highly underrated; I like what I've seen from him a LOT)... There is no way that our fourth will be as good as the one you jones for.

It seems like an ongoing philosophy with whoever is running the show that we sign fringe NHLers to fill out the roster, and this is lousy strategy. If we could ever throw out a fourth that resembled the one you are suggesting, the entire team would benefit more than we could ever realize.

If we are using the strategy of 2 scoring lines, a checking line, and a fourth... Then the fourth's duty should be to go out, and cause havoc... I don't see ours being that kind of line.

Mr. Make-Believe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2006, 01:29 PM
dafoomie
Eat Mor Chikin

Send a message via AIM to dafoomie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Make-Believe View Post

Last edited by dafoomie: 05-02-2010 at 09:14 PM.
dafoomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2006, 03:28 PM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by patdud View Post
its 4 huge hd screens, but there is two 360 displays and it just looks natural really, its pretty sweet, cant wait to see it sometime this season in person
Sounds just like the Flyers new scoreboard this year. Indredible how much better it is than the old ones.

http://www.philadelphiaflyers.com/pr...chive/2668.asp

John Flyers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2006, 04:43 PM
Don Cherry*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westfield Eagle View Post
Don't worry DC, at least The B's have your favorite player Wade Brookbank
Wow, when have I ever said that? When have I ever even said that I liked the signing in the first place?

As I have stated many, many times there were much better options out there. Feel free to continue to misquote me though.

Old
10-01-2006, 04:49 PM
Westfield Eagle*

Quote:
Wow, when have I ever said that? When have I ever even said that I liked the signing in the first place?

As I have stated many, many times there were much better options out there. Feel free to continue to misquote me though.
I'm pretty sure you expressed an opinion that "enforcers" are needed, when in fact they are just a waste of a roster spot.

Old
10-01-2006, 04:52 PM
FutureConsiderations

Those pics are great - thanks dafoomie!

I'm glad to see they didn't take it over the top or make it look tacky. It looks nice the way it is and I'm psyched about watching games there this year.

FutureConsiderations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2006, 04:53 PM
Don Cherry*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westfield Eagle View Post
I'm pretty sure you expressed an opinion that "enforcers" are needed, when in fact they are just a waste of a roster spot.
Enforcers, yes. You made the claim that Brookbank was my favorite player which is not true. Nice try though, and again, feel free to continue to misquote me.

Old
10-01-2006, 04:58 PM
Westfield Eagle*

Quote:
Enforcers, yes. You made the claim that Brookbank was my favorite player which is not true. Nice try though, and again, feel free to continue to misquote me.
Haha sorry, I won't misquote you anymore. Stop taking yourself so seriously and learn to deal with some sarcasm.

Old
10-01-2006, 08:12 PM
Cheesy

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan View Post
Sounds just like the Flyers new scoreboard this year. Indredible how much better it is than the old ones.

http://www.philadelphiaflyers.com/pr...chive/2668.asp
That one's pretty nuts too, but the Bruins one seems more classic looking somehow. The Flyers one looks too busy or something.

Old
10-02-2006, 10:41 AM
Killa Colton*

Enforcers are part of the game and Brookbank will be more than adequate. We dont want to be the only team in the division without a heavyweight. Watching your hometeam get pushed around,in my opinion, sucks! If hes in the lineup that wont happen.

Killa Colton* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2006, 10:46 AM
Greek_physique
Caron - Legit SNIPER

vCash: 50
Flyers scoreboard looks like the ACC one, I like it.
Good upgrade for the Bruins as well

10-02-2006, 12:27 PM
neelynugs

DC - tyson nash is on waivers. seems like a guy who fits what you are asking for

neelynugs is offline   Reply With Quote