HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs Comeback player for 2006?

View Poll Results: Who improves the most this season?
Radek Bonk 38 36.19%
*ahem* Mike Ribeiro 31 29.52%
Alexander Perezhogin 13 12.38%
Tomas Plekanec 17 16.19%
Mathieu Dandenault 5 4.76%
Sheldon Souray 1 0.95%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Old
09-30-2006, 04:12 PM
madbox

vCash: 500
Ribeiro needs to step it up, obviously- most guys do, IMO... but lez go Radek.

madbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 05:09 PM
turnbuckle*

I'm shocked no one listed Traverse - technically he's the only player to "comeback".

LOL at listing rookies - is Plekanec reincarnated or something?

Without question Bonk IMO. He's a key to the Habs' season if he can bounce back and play up to his capabilites.

Ribs had 55 points last season - I can't see him improving more than 10-15 points upon that at the most. Radek on the other hand had 6 goals and 15 assists last season - I can see him doubling that at least. He's going to have Latendresse on his right side instead of Sundstrom, and he appears to have found that step he had lost last season.

I can see a fourth line of Lats Begin and Bonk getting plenty of ice time, perhaps the third or second most on the team some nights depending on how effective they are. There certainly won't be a more physical nor more energetic line, and both Bonk and Lats have offensive skills. Let's not forget that Bonk once scored 70 points in a season.

I don't think you can rank the Habs lines from 1-4 because ice time will vary from game to game I'm sure. If Koivu's line is hot they'll log the most ice time; if Ribs' line is dominating, they'll get the most ice; same with Bonk and same with Pleks. Back in the Habs heyday when they were winning 4 straight Cups Scotty often used his so-called third line with Risebrough and Tremblay and fourth line with Gainey and Jarvis more than his scoring lines, especially when the team had a lead, which was most of the time.

Everyone, including me, has talked about moving Lats up to other lines if he's playing well, but if the whole lines is performing, what Guy may do one many nights is simply give the line more ice time; not inconceivable. That being the case, and with power play time Bonk may rebound with a 12-goal, 30-assist season.

Ribeiro scoring 65 points would be a 15 improvement on last season - Bonk scoring 42 points would be a 100 per cent improvement.

If Dandy plays as well as he did at the end of last season and in the playoffs I'll be happy - he's also got an extra 15 pounds so I'm hoping for a bit more physical play. Doesn't add up to a comeback player though - I don't think Dandy has ever played any better than he did at the end of last season.

turnbuckle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 08:13 PM
MacHabs93

Should we repoll ? I would still vote for Ribeiro, he'll outscore anyone on that poll in Dallas and most of our best players too.

I would put money that Ribeiro would be top 5 in Montreal scoring with his point total in Dallas.

MacHabs93 is offline   Reply With Quote