HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jordan Eberle to the Islanders?

Old
05-17-2013, 01:07 AM
Kulleroinen
Oilers!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
Interesting, you cite that you measure a player over their career yet you choose to highlight Eberle's best season and that 'you can't take it away from him' and use that as the benchmark. Disguising using Okposo's best statistical season to give the illusion that you're judging them fairly too. Very clever.

So, in the same vein as your last statement... is Eberle's past season the new benchmark for him? Was his last season a statistical outlier as a result of a highly publicized 'unsustainable' shooting percentage? So who's being fair?

And besides, no one is arguing that Okposo carries a higher value than Eberle. You were referring to Hamonic AND Okposo.
Well obviously it would be unfair to poor Kyle to compare best seasons. Maybe he and isles fans would feel better if we compared Eberle's worst to Okposo's best?

Kulleroinen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 01:10 AM
Scott Scissons
No.1 Bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulleroinen View Post
Well obviously it would be unfair to poor Kyle to compare best seasons. Maybe he and isles fans would feel better if we compared Eberle's worst to Okposo's best?
Dd you even read what you quoted? He clearly said no one was comparing the two side by side....

Nice try though A+ for effort.

Scott Scissons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 01:13 AM
Kulleroinen
Oilers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOKLYnKNIGHTS View Post
The Oilers need to add grit and size yet fans want them to draft a forward in the first round instead of a guy like Nurse. GM got fired because he didn't address needs. I root for Edmonton to succeed so I support them but I really think management needs to adjust to today's game
Maybe you should take a look at our defensive prospects. They aren't exactly the smallest bunch out there.

Kulleroinen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 03:22 AM
It Was 4 to 1
Penguins MVPs

i wouldn't trade hamonic for eberle straight up

It Was 4 to 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 07:00 AM
JayQueensNY88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozesmadness View Post
For Eberle it would tak a pretty sweet package:

Eberle

For

Hamonic
Okposo
Nelson

That's a pretty god deal and would be what it would take
What's wrong with you?this is horrendous

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 08:35 AM
Riseonfire
R+L=J

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
unproven defenseman Hamonic. An Islander fan might not think so because he just knows Hamonic will turn out to be Karlsson 2.0, but I have my doubts. Primarily because of his point production. "But smackdaddy, he's a defensive defenseman he doesn't need to score points". Don't worry, I know! Because historically defensive/shut down D have much lower value than their flashy counter-parts. I'm still waiting for the offensive numbers we were promised when Hamonic was drafted, too.

Boy it's like you think just like Tambellini. Only looking for offensive skill and totally unaware that a hockey team needs other elements to succeed. And when was Hamonic ever touted as offensively gifted? Not a single Islander fan ever thought of him as Karlsson 2.0 but nice try.

Hammer would instantly be your number 1 Dman paired with J. Schultz eating up 22 minutes a night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpOceanless View Post
i wouldn't trade hamonic for eberle straight up

I came here to post that. With the offensive talent the Islanders already have, Hammer for Eberle would make our team significantly worse.

Riseonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 11:00 AM
BROOKLYnKNIGHTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Canuck View Post
Eberle for Reinhart seems like a pretty fair trade IMO.
Despite the salary difference I would do this because the Isles now have enough big physical defenseman in the system. I think the Isles would have to add to make it work

BROOKLYnKNIGHTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 11:04 AM
Macch

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOKLYnKNIGHTS View Post
Despite the salary difference I would do this because the Isles now have enough big physical defenseman in the system. I think the Isles would have to add to make it work

Agreed Reinhart is a good starting point for this deal that will never happen anyways

Macch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 11:50 AM
sid49
#FreeGaza

Eberle is a 22 year old point per game player. Career point per game extremely similar to Tavares. Not saying there in the same category but just reminding you that in no way is Eberle not gonna take a special package to part ways with. I'd want Okposo and Hamonic for Eberle to be honest.

sid49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 11:52 AM
Scott Scissons
No.1 Bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid49 View Post
Eberle is a 22 year old point per game player. Career point per game extremely similar to Tavares. Not saying there in the same category but just reminding you that in no way is Eberle not gonna take a special package to part ways with. I'd want Okposo and Hamonic for Eberle to be honest.
extremely similar to Tavares. Not saying there in the same category

Ok I am officially done with this thread.

Old
05-17-2013, 12:04 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid49 View Post
From what Snow and the NY press report.....
Isles are not looking to add a $6m winger.
Isles are not looking to trade core youngsters like Okposo and Hamonic.
Isles are not looking to find Tavares winger outside the organization, with Strome/Nino/Nelson in the pipeline.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 12:11 PM
djdub
#6cups

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottScissons View Post

People like this make me laugh, he said his PPG is similar to Tavares but Tavares is a better player. So now your "done with this thread" lol, you can't handel JT and Eberle being said in the same sentence even if he was making a factual statement? People need to chill out here, I've never understood this mentality of people getting so fired about people chatting on a forum.

As for the topic in this thread, I'd say Eberle = Hamonic in terms of value. With Eberle's new contract and needs on defense I doubt they would ever make a deal 1 for 1, but what kind of contract do you think Hamonic is going to get?

djdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 12:28 PM
LotteryForLife*

Reinhart, Nelson and our first rounder do anything for the Oiler fans?

LotteryForLife* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 12:32 PM
Riseonfire
R+L=J

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotteryForLife View Post
Reinhart, Nelson and our first rounder do anything for the Oiler fans?
That's way too much for a player THAT WE DO NOT NEED.

Riseonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 12:33 PM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
From what Snow and the NY press report.....
Isles are not looking to add a $6m winger.
Isles are not looking to trade core youngsters like Okposo and Hamonic.
Isles are not looking to find Tavares winger outside the organization, with Strome/Nino/Nelson in the pipeline.
So at what point are the Islanders looking to compete? Because paying to retain talent and finding good talent for your franchise player is necessary to go from 1st round purgatory to contender.

Looks like Snow is on a lean budget and is counting on those ELC's a bit heavily. Is the Brooklyn move poised to change that or will the Isles be moving their young players once they starting asking for fair market value?

smackdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 12:40 PM
sid49
#FreeGaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottScissons View Post

What could I have possibly said wrong? I stated a fact, if your not impressed with this thread cause of that your mad at a fact.. I'm sure all Islanders fans or all CALCULATORS can agree that Eberle and Tavares are only .05 apart on career PPG. I am not saying Eberle is better or even just as good, just simply stating a mathematical fact. Just wanted to remind fans that to average a PPG level at that young is extremely rare in this league, so much so that Eberle is almost producing as much as a "hart" nominee.

sid49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 12:41 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdub View Post
People like this make me laugh, he said his PPG is similar to Tavares but Tavares is a better player. So now your "done with this thread" lol, you can't handel JT and Eberle being said in the same sentence even if he was making a factual statement? People need to chill out here, I've never understood this mentality of people getting so fired about people chatting on a forum.

As for the topic in this thread, I'd say Eberle = Hamonic in terms of value. With Eberle's new contract and needs on defense I doubt they would ever make a deal 1 for 1, but what kind of contract do you think Hamonic is going to get?
Isles have signed core youngsters to 5-6 yr extensions.

Looking at the Subban and Del Zotto bridge deals, that were in the $2.5m range and Carlson's deal ($4m per), I'm hoping for a 5-6 yr deal averaging $3.5m.

Old
05-17-2013, 12:45 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Isles have signed core youngsters to 5-6 yr extensions.

Looking at the Subban and Del Zotto bridge deals, that were in the $2.5m range and Carlson's deal ($4m per), I'm hoping for a 5-6 yr deal averaging $3.5m.
That's what I was thinking too. It fits the salary structure the Isles have set up.

With Bailey up for a new deal also, every key member of the core should be locked up for a 4-5 year span. I give Snow props for being very fiscally responsible, mostly out of necessity while the Isles were doing everything in their power to circumvent the cap.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 12:48 PM
Scott Scissons
No.1 Bust

Quote:
So at what point are the Islanders looking to compete? Because paying to retain talent and finding good talent for your franchise player is necessary to go from 1st round purgatory to contender.

Looks like Snow is on a lean budget and is counting on those ELC's a bit heavily. Is the Brooklyn move poised to change that or will the Isles be moving their young players once they starting asking for fair market value?
Right off the bat the move generates an extra 35 Million a year so yes I would say that it will make a huge difference.

What is the problem with promoting from within the organization?
Do you really believe anything any GM says to the media?

Basically since the end of the 2005-06 season both of our teams have sucked and because of that we have been able to stockpile young talent.
Might as well stay the course...

Old
05-17-2013, 12:51 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:

Isles rebuild started at the 2008 draft.
Isles just made the playoff.17 of their players, had zero playoff experience.
The core is 22-25 yrs old.

The isles last 5 first round picks, are not on the roster:Strome/Nino/De Haan/Nelson in the AHL and Reinhart in juniors.I have no problem with Snow looking for Tavares winger among Strome/Nino/Nelson.

Isles move from their money losing lease in 2 yrs.

Maybe a better question for Oiler fans, is a what point do the Oilers look to compete?

Old
05-17-2013, 01:19 PM
LotteryForLife*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riseonfire View Post
That's way too much for a player THAT WE DO NOT NEED.
We need someone with top line skill to play with Tavares. We haven't had that in the four years he's been here. So we do NEED A PLAYER LIKE EBERLE

LotteryForLife* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 01:25 PM
The Korean*

Send a message via AIM to The Korean* Send a message via Yahoo to The Korean*
EDM:
Eberle

NYI:
Neidreiter
1st

The Korean* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 01:27 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotteryForLife View Post
We need someone with top line skill to play with Tavares. We haven't had that in the four years he's been here. So we do NEED A PLAYER LIKE EBERLE
Snow, the only one who's opinion matters, disagrees.

Isles used first round picks on Strome/Nino/Nelson. Now it's time to let them compete and see who becomes JT's rw.

Old
05-17-2013, 01:30 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by krnboy1009 View Post
EDM:
Eberle

NYI:
Neidreiter
1st
Isles have a budget and won't want to pay a winger $6m per. Especially not when they have potential wingers Strome/Nino/Nelson, knocking on the NHL door.

Old
05-17-2013, 01:32 PM
LotteryForLife*

Quote:
Originally Posted by krnboy1009 View Post
EDM:
Eberle

NYI:
Neidreiter
1st