HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Bos & stl

Old
05-17-2013, 12:53 PM
Numbah4

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanick View Post
I think there is potential for a deal between these two teams but I just don't see Boston pulling the trigger on this one. However the Blues do have a ton of talented cost-controlled assets that would fit Bostons style of play and the Boston has several high-end centers so I feel a deal could be worked out here.

I don't think Boston would or should ever trade Bergeron so that leaves Krejci and Seguin. While Seguin has enormous potential you can't discount Krejci's consistency + what he is doing in these playoffs but if there was ever a time to sell Krejci high this years draft would be the time.

So B's fans what would you want for Krejci at the draft? The only pieces I would say are completely off the table would be Pietrangelo and Backes
I was thinking of Krejci + for Stewart and Shattenkirk. Would St. Louis do Krejci and Boychuck for Oshie and Shattenkirk?

Krejci is extremely frustrating. He's not a stat compiler. But, in big moments he really comes thru. Hard to put a price on that. I'd have to wait and see how the B's finish out. If we lose to Pitt and Krejci kind of fizzles out. I'd do that trade. Try Sequin as center betweeen Lucic and Oshie. That should give him room to operate. If he doesn't work out, maybe Spooner can become a 2nd line center for us. With Lucic at LW and Seguin at RW. Slide Oshie to Bergeron's line.

Bruins fans are missing the value of Shattenkirk. Chara and Seidenberg are getting longer in the tooth. Don't have a hammer on defense. Dougie's more of a skilled big guy. More Larry Murphy than Chris Pronger.

Numbah4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 01:12 PM
frostyflo
#peskyblues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbah4 View Post
I was thinking of Krejci + for Stewart and Shattenkirk. Would St. Louis do Krejci and Boychuck for Oshie and Shattenkirk?

Krejci is extremely frustrating. He's not a stat compiler. But, in big moments he really comes thru. Hard to put a price on that. I'd have to wait and see how the B's finish out. If we lose to Pitt and Krejci kind of fizzles out. I'd do that trade. Try Sequin as center betweeen Lucic and Oshie. That should give him room to operate. If he doesn't work out, maybe Spooner can become a 2nd line center for us. With Lucic at LW and Seguin at RW. Slide Oshie to Bergeron's line.

Bruins fans are missing the value of Shattenkirk. Chara and Seidenberg are getting longer in the tooth. Don't have a hammer on defense. Dougie's more of a skilled big guy. More Larry Murphy than Chris Pronger.
I wouldn't do it.
yes Krejci is better than Oshie but not that much better to downgrade Shattenkirk with Boychuck

frostyflo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 01:30 PM
SPV
Zoinks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaponomega View Post
Pass from Boston. Lets see how Krug and Bartkowski develop. They'll likely never be as good as Shattenkirk, but its not time to give up on Seguin.
I don't think this is necessarily giving up on Seguin, I think it's getting two significant pieces back for him. Oshie is more of a natural right winger and I think would slot perfectly with Marchand & Bergeron. Shattenkirk gives us a legit power play threat on the point. I like Seguin, but I'd take the chance that he might not turn into more than we've already seen to put two more young pieces on the team.

I think both sides give a lot here, but you gotta give to get.

SPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 01:49 PM
BackesInBlue

Not sure that I'd do that but it's extremely tempting.
The reality is that Oshie probably isn't going anywhere, even in a deal like this. Perron would be the most likely candidate thrown out there.

So if Perron and Oshie were switched out, then that comes closer to a realistic scenario from the Blues end. Even then, Oshie and Shattenkirk don't seem like guys that the Blues will end up dealing if they DO go that route, too many other candidates fill that role:

Berglund, Perron, Stewie, (Polak?), Halak, are the pieces up for trade discussions at this time I'd imagine.

Don't get me wrong, love me some Seguin..and the deal itself seems to eventually maybe favor the Blues, but they'll look to move those other guys in deals instead imho.

BackesInBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 01:51 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 50
Seguin
Hamilton
Knight

Pietrangelo

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 02:57 PM
diehardbluesfan

I don't know much about Knight, but I would do this as a Blues fan. It would suck to lose Shattenkirk, but you have to give to get.

diehardbluesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 02:59 PM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
Pietrangelo is a franchise player. None of Seguin, Shattenkirk, Oshie or the other lesser pieces are. So, if your goal is to make a deal not happen, ask for a franchise player.
First off my goal is to make that deal not happen because it is not a good deal for the Bruins.

Secondly, I never said I would ask for Pietrangelo, I said that for Seguin, Knight, and Boychuk I would do it if it was Pietrangelo. I never proposed it, I never said it was good for St Louis, I never said I would expect it to happen.

You are reading something into what I said that just isn't there.

nmbr_24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 03:46 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
First off my goal is to make that deal not happen because it is not a good deal for the Bruins.

Secondly, I never said I would ask for Pietrangelo, I said that for Seguin, Knight, and Boychuk I would do it if it was Pietrangelo. I never proposed it, I never said it was good for St Louis, I never said I would expect it to happen.

You are reading something into what I said that just isn't there.
I figured duh, it's a given most people would trade three very good to average players for an untouchable franchise player. Something we all know anyway. I think all of us would obviously do deals that would be amazing deals for our favorite teams that the other team would never ever do. A tautology. I mean, yes, if I were giving up say, Tarasenko, Rattie and Polak, I too would accept Chara in return for that package. But I would never feel the need to say it because duh. Obvious thing is obvious and not needed to be said.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 04:04 PM
SirPaste
Use The Schwartz!

vCash: 50
Id do it for sure as a Blues fan, Boston likely would not though.

SirPaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 04:12 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLBLUES44 View Post
I'd do it as a blues fan... But he's still not that Jeff Carter like guy who can finish WHICH WE NEED... He's a hell of a player great hands, vision, but not gonna be a consistent 30-35 + goalscorer. still pretty good proposal tho.
Not sure how much you've seen Seguin play, but your description of him doesn't sound too accurate.

If anything, Seguin NEEDS to work on his hands and vision. He's a blazing fast player with a decent (but not too accurate) shot. He doesn't use his linemates nearly enough, and when he does try to pass he usually tries forcing it into an already crowded space.

He's a far better finisher than he is a playmaker. To be honest, I'm not sure why either team does it, because Blues fans have been saying for years they need a #1 C. Seguin isn't that. Some think that he would be if given the chance, but I just don't see that in his game.

He can be a great, dynamic, gamebreaking winger, but I haven't seen any evidence that he can make the other players on the ice better.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 05:22 PM
diehardbluesfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
Not sure how much you've seen Seguin play, but your description of him doesn't sound too accurate.

If anything, Seguin NEEDS to work on his hands and vision. He's a blazing fast player with a decent (but not too accurate) shot. He doesn't use his linemates nearly enough, and when he does try to pass he usually tries forcing it into an already crowded space.

He's a far better finisher than he is a playmaker. To be honest, I'm not sure why either team does it, because Blues fans have been saying for years they need a #1 C. Seguin isn't that. Some think that he would be if given the chance, but I just don't see that in his game.

He can be a great, dynamic, gamebreaking winger, but I haven't seen any evidence that he can make the other players on the ice better.
He's not very accurate? He would be a perfect fit on the Blues.

Old
05-17-2013, 05:37 PM
Djp

I thnk another issue to cnsider with both clubs...they are both near the cap wall. The salaries will need t balance out. Think it ould be dne as a 2 for 2 swap.

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 06:28 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardbluesfan View Post
He's not very accurate? He would be a perfect fit on the Blues.
He's perfected 2 shots, both taken from the wing from about 40 ft out:

1) Hit the goalie in the chest
2) Hit the glass high and wide

To be fair though, he has shown an improved one-timer this year, but overall he hasn't added much to his game, and teams are taking away his 1 move- the outside speed rush.

If he adjusts and develops something else to his game he'll be a consistent 30+ goal scorer.

Old
05-17-2013, 06:39 PM
BackesInBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
I thnk another issue to cnsider with both clubs...they are both near the cap wall. The salaries will need t balance out. Think it ould be dne as a 2 for 2 swap.
Blues are nowhere near the cap, they may or may not have an internal budget to deal with though.

BackesInBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 06:44 PM
diehardbluesfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
What in the world are you talking about? The Blues have the second lowest payroll in the whole league. Granted, they have to sign a couple key players, but they will be able to fit it in the budget.

Going into 2013/2014 right now, the Bruins have roughly 6.5 million to work with and the Blues have 24 million to work with. Bergeron's contract is up after next season. Horton, Jagr, Ference are all FA's this summer. Rask is due for a big contract coming up as well.

The Blues have Petro, Shattenkirk, Stewart, Berglund who are key players that are FAs this summer. Steen is up after next season but probably will just command $3M or around that number.

Old
05-17-2013, 08:26 PM
Chieftans22*
#FreeSeguin

Ugh.

Seguin is 21.

He scored just shy of 70 points and 30 goals last year.

No, no, no, and no. Thank you.

Chieftans22* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 03:52 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
I figured duh, it's a given most people would trade three very good to average players for an untouchable franchise player. Something we all know anyway. I think all of us would obviously do deals that would be amazing deals for our favorite teams that the other team would never ever do. A tautology. I mean, yes, if I were giving up say, Tarasenko, Rattie and Polak, I too would accept Chara in return for that package. But I would never feel the need to say it because duh. Obvious thing is obvious and not needed to be said.
I don't think it is that obvious, that would be quite a haul for anyone.

The point of my statement was that is not a good deal for Boston in any way. If those are the guys that were wanted it would cost more than what was originally proposed and unless you wanted to make a deal that favored Boston I don't see a need to do any deal at all. I thought all of that would be extremely obvious to most just by saying that I would do it for Pietrangelo but I guess I assumed something that doesn't quite carry over on an impersonal message board where you can't read my expressions, sorry about that.

nmbr_24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 05:04 AM
IrishPaulie
Sooshii is AWESOME!!

Send a message via AIM to IrishPaulie
Not ready to give up on Seguin. This team needs a game breaking talent more than a PMD. Seguin has the the skillset to be that player. I'm willing to wait a year or two more before hitting the panic button on Seguin.

IrishPaulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 07:13 AM
SPV
Zoinks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishPaulie View Post
Not ready to give up on Seguin. This team needs a game breaking talent more than a PMD. Seguin has the the skillset to be that player. I'm willing to wait a year or two more before hitting the panic button on Seguin.
If we wait two more years and he doesn't make the leap, then we don't get these type of players in return.

SPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 07:22 AM
IrishPaulie
Sooshii is AWESOME!!

Send a message via AIM to IrishPaulie
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPV View Post
If we wait two more years and he doesn't make the leap, then we don't get these type of players in return.
If we trade him now and he does make the leap we well regret trading him.

Way to early to give up on a second overall pick who is still growing. It took Seguin a good year to get used to Junior hockey. It was projected at the draft by many scouts it would take him a while to make a full transition to NHL hockey. Even if he doesn't fully pan out he's still a better scorer than anyone the Bruins currently have.

Take him out of the equation and the B's are going to have some serious scoring trouble.

IrishPaulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 11:16 AM
MaritimeHockeyNut
Dark Days are here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPV View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishPaulie View Post
If we trade him now and he does make the leap we well regret trading him.

Way to early to give up on a second overall pick who is still growing. It took Seguin a good year to get used to Junior hockey. It was projected at the draft by many scouts it would take him a while to make a full transition to NHL hockey. Even if he doesn't fully pan out he's still a better scorer than anyone the Bruins currently have.

Take him out of the equation and the B's are going to have some serious scoring trouble.
What "leap" are we talking about?
Year two age 19-20, 29g and 67pts, year 3 16gs 32pts all in a defensive system who JUST turned 21. So this "leap" is what? 50goals and 125pts in a season before he turns 22? If he only gets 49g and 99pts in his next season does that mean he failed to reach his potential? Actually very curious.

MaritimeHockeyNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 04:08 PM
River City Rumble
Registered Loser

Seguin is a franchise player in the making for a club that already has a strong team; Boston won't move him, but the Bruins will look to move one of their Top 3 to bolster their wings and slide Seguin into a bigger role.

Bergeron has a flat NMC, and if Seguin continues to develop Krejci can be easily moved.

Krejci won't get Shatty, though. The Bruins are going to make this move because of cap-constraint, and will be focused on replacing UFA Horton and making up any holes moving Krejci makes. The Blues won't be interested if it's beyond that, but their cheap RFA borderline 1st-line wingers are of deep interest to Chiarelli. Doug Armstrong will definitely ease this trade idea into his mind over the course of playoffs.

Standard Proposal
BOS:
+ Stewart
+ Perron

STL:
+ Krejci
+ BOS 2013 3rd

Last edited by River City Rumble: 05-18-2013 at 04:11 PM. Reason: added proposal
River City Rumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 04:23 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverCityRumble View Post
Seguin is a franchise player in the making for a club that already has a strong team; Boston won't move him, but the Bruins will look to move one of their Top 3 to bolster their wings and slide Seguin into a bigger role.

Bergeron has a flat NMC, and if Seguin continues to develop Krejci can be easily moved.

Krejci won't get Shatty, though. The Bruins are going to make this move because of cap-constraint, and will be focused on replacing UFA Horton and making up any holes moving Krejci makes. The Blues won't be interested if it's beyond that, but their cheap RFA borderline 1st-line wingers are of deep interest to Chiarelli. Doug Armstrong will definitely ease this trade idea into his mind over the course of playoffs.

Standard Proposal
BOS:
+ Stewart
+ Perron

STL:
+ Krejci
+ BOS 2013 3rd

Not a chance. Do not want Stewart. If we are going to have a lazy player who shows up 1/2 the time to team up with Lucic, we'll just sign Horton.

Don't want 2 nickels for a dime for Krejci. Give us 1 equal asset or don't bother.

Old
05-18-2013, 04:41 PM
River City Rumble
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
Not a chance. Do not want Stewart. If we are going to have a lazy player who shows up 1/2 the time to team up with Lucic, we'll just sign Horton.

Don't want 2 nickels for a dime for Krejci. Give us 1 equal asset or don't bother.
durrr thanks for reading my post. The Bruins can't get "1 equal asset" back because they're smashed against the hard cap and everyone knows it, so Chiarelli has to compromise on a contract and get what he can. Allow me to fully explain to you, Boston fan:

Horton is a UFA, Rask is an RFA. Rask will take a huge hit from cap-space, and Horton will leave for the UFA market. So that leaves the Bruins with effectively no right wingers. The Blues want to help the Bruins, by giving them replacements (power forward, playmaker) they can fit under the cap on the wings, who will thrive on an already-strong roster.

Oh, and Stewart's not lazy. Dude had an allergy to brown rice, and he fixed his diet. I would honestly want Krejci while keeping Stewart because when Stewart doesn't have to set up his whole attack by himself he can blow minds.

I'll see how the offseason turns out.

River City Rumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 08:01 PM
BlueDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverCityRumble View Post

Standard Proposal
BOS:
+ Stewart
+ Perron

STL:
+ Krejci
+ BOS 2013 3rd
As a Blues fan I'd say no to this easily. I want a better center in return than Krejci if we are giving up two good goal-scoring wingers. Not happening, and not what we need to make us better.

BlueDream is offline   Reply With Quote