HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official 2013 (Annual) Habs Board Mock Draft Thread (Officially Underway!!)

Closed Thread

Old
05-17-2013, 12:06 PM
WeThreeKings
Retired.

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
With the 124th pick, the select, from the Erie Otters of the OHL, forward Stephen Harper

LOLOLOLOL!

Some names falling off my list quickly.

Old
05-17-2013, 02:03 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

With the 126nd pick in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft the Carolina Hurricanes are proud to select, from Muskegon of the USHL, defenseman Micheal Brodzinski. we feel he has a strong future as a puck moving defenseman that can play the PP and contribute offensively, he is currently working on improving his overall game and we feel he will be a strong asset in the future. He is heading to the University of Minnesota next year to further his development.

PMed Analyser

Last edited by Monctonscout: 05-18-2013 at 09:10 AM.
Old
05-17-2013, 02:15 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
With the 162nd pick in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft the Carolina Hurricanes are proud to select, from Muskegon of the USHL, defenseman Micheal Brodzinski. we feel he has a strong future as a puck moving defenseman that can play the PP and contribute offensively, he is currently working on improving his overall game and we feel he will be a strong asset in the future. He is heading to the University of Minnesota next year to further his development.

PMed Analyser
I feel like I missed some picks here...

Old
05-17-2013, 02:20 PM
Crimson Skorpion
@CrimsonSkorpion

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
I feel like I missed some picks here...
Mixed up the last two numbers.

Old
05-17-2013, 02:49 PM
Guilliam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
With the 124th pick, the select, from the Erie Otters of the OHL, forward Stephen Harper

So soff...

Old
05-17-2013, 04:31 PM
Analyzer*

The Washington Capitals are proud to select. From the Prince Albert Raiders of the WHL, Jayden Hart.

Last edited by Analyzer*: 05-17-2013 at 04:39 PM.
Old
05-17-2013, 05:05 PM
Crimson Skorpion
@CrimsonSkorpion

Awards:

With the 128th selection, the Edmonton Oilers are proud to select; from Färjestad of the SuperElit, right winger Alexander Henriksson!

"Alex has shown that he is a true competitor. He goes to the corners and the dirty areas, battles hard every shift and is a talented skater and stick-handler. He has shown that he can handle the puck very well at top speeds and has a very hard, accurate wrist shot to boot. We are VERY pleased that Alex was available to us in this round, as we had him scouted since day one and were kicking ourselves when we traded both our 3rd and 4th round selections."

*Next GM has been PM'ed.

Old
05-17-2013, 05:07 PM
Jeffrey

Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Private Encounter View Post

With the 128th selection, the Edmonton Oilers are proud to select; from Färjestad of the SuperElit, right winger Alexander Henriksson!

"Alex has shown that he is a true competitor. He goes to the corners and the dirty areas, battles hard every shift and is a talented skater and stick-handler. He has shown that he can handle the puck very well at top speeds and has a very hard, accurate wrist shot to boot. We are VERY pleased that Alex was available to us in this round, as we had him scouted since day one and were kicking ourselves when we traded both our 3rd and 4th round selections."

*Next GM has been PM'ed.
You confused me with the habs logo everywhere ... I was like wtf are we already in the 6th round ...

Old
05-17-2013, 05:09 PM
Habsfan18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
You confused me with the habs logo everywhere ... I was like wtf are we already in the 6th round ...
Crimson..

05-17-2013, 05:13 PM
WeThreeKings
Retired.

I'll gladly take Henriksson as compensation for his mess up.

Old
05-17-2013, 05:15 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilliam View Post
So soff...
I hear he's as slick as an oil pipeline though.

Old
05-17-2013, 05:24 PM
Crimson Skorpion
@CrimsonSkorpion

Awards:
Sorry guys. In two mocks at once.

Old
05-17-2013, 05:41 PM
overlords
youmyboyblou!

team leader... pfffffff.

Old
05-17-2013, 05:47 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
team leader... pfffffff.

Can he fight?

Habs Prospects website
Old
05-17-2013, 05:51 PM
overlords
youmyboyblou!

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsprospects View Post
Can he fight?
CS is a lover, not a fighter. Soff.

Old
05-17-2013, 06:46 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Come on Yarf! I wanna pick tonight!

Old
05-18-2013, 07:39 AM
WeThreeKings
Retired.

Yarfangor

Old
05-18-2013, 09:08 AM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
With the 129th pick in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft the Buffalo Sabres are proud to select

From Reaktor Nizhnekamsk – Bogdan Yakimov!

Bogdan has a fantastic set of tools to go with his power forward frame but what gets us really excited is his style of play, which is that of an NHL power forward. Bogdan goes to the dirty areas of the net and loves to score where it is hardest, he also thrives in the face off circle. He’s a true north and south player that has all the tools to one day make it in the NHL. We feel that Bogdan has to polish his game but he is well on his way to being a future NHLer; we feel in 1-2 years it will be the right time for Bogdan to come over to North America, by that time we feel he’ll be an offensive threat that physically intimidates opponents, and we couldn’t be happier.

With the 130th pick in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft the Buffalo Sabres are proud to select

From the USHL Lincoln Stars – Luke Johnson!

Johnson has been spoken about many times in the last two years about the possibility of being a first round talent, and while he has slipped this year, it’s no mystery as to why he was mentioned with such high praise. Johnson has been on our radar for a while, he is a hard working two way forward, with high end work ethic, and stellar character to boot; he was selected to be captain for the USHL/NHL Top Prospects game along with three others. He has excellent speed, excellent acceleration, great hockey IQ, however what really makes him dangerous is his lethal shot which he uses often to fool net minders. We feel that Johnson has a future in the NHL, and while he’ll take all the time he needs to round out his game, we are very excited by what he has to offer, and we can see him wearing a letter on his jersey in the future. This is a great day for the Buffalo Sabres.

Next GM Pmd.

Old
05-18-2013, 12:25 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:

With the 131st overall pick the Dallas Stars are pleased to select from the Halifax Mooseheads defenseman MacKenzie Weegar.

MacKenzie really turned heads this year in his first year in the CHL. He was a little buried under a great blueline but put up solid numbers, really coming on in the second half. He has a lot of smarts, moves the puck well and can work the PP with his great shot.

Next GM has been PM'd.

Last edited by hototogisu: 05-18-2013 at 12:47 PM.
Old
05-18-2013, 12:30 PM
WeThreeKings
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post

With the 131st overall pick the Dallas Stars are pleased to select from the Halifax Mooseheads defenseman MacKenzie Weegar.

Mackenzie really turned heads this year in his first year in the CHL. He was a little buried under a great blueline but put up solid numbers, really coming on in the second half. He has a lot of smarts, moves the puck well and can work the PP with his great shot.

Next GM has been PM'd.
I like Weeger a lot as a Mooseheads fan.. A bit surprised he went ahead of another draft eligible Moose D-man.

Old
05-18-2013, 12:31 PM
That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
As per PM Colorado selects Avery Peterson.

Will PM next GM.
Peterson is a great pick. I was really hoping that no one would snag him so soon

Old
05-18-2013, 12:35 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I like Weeger a lot as a Mooseheads fan.. A bit surprised he went ahead of another draft eligible Moose D-man.
They're very, very close on my list. Weeger's a bit more of a gamble, and I like gambling in the mock

Old
05-18-2013, 12:39 PM
Grant McCagg
@grantmccagg

It always impresses me how close you guys come to where players are ranked for the draft - good job again as always....hard to beat Hab fans in terms of being informed in hockey matters. :-0

If there was one area of critique at this point I would say the ranking of US players. I was surprised to see Vanelli passed over until the third round in both mock drafts. Pretty sure he'll be going in the top 40, perhaps even the first round. McCarron is also being underrated. 6-5 wingers with his speed and shot don't grow on trees..has more jam/competitiveness than Mantha too.

Will Compher go in the first and be the first American outside of the CHL chosen? Perhaps - but at this point I see McCarron, McCoshen, Hartman and Vanelli going ahead of him. A 5-10.5 center...yes you have to like his compete and smarts, but there is limited upside. It's not about how they're playing now, but how they play 3-5 years from now.

WTK was wondering about Ausmus - last two tournaments I saw he was the US U-18 team's main shutdown guy. Decent skater and size, good positionally, competes, has some smarts. He has a chance of being a 4-6 NHL dman who plays on the pk.

One other American who has risen in recent months is Downing. He may be in the mix in the top half of the second round as well.

I would also be surprised to see Lazar drop to the 17th pick as he did in this draft. The kid brings so many intangibles - he's a leader and a winner. He won't be a ppg player, but he's going to help you win playoff games.

All in all though - very impressed with the draft.

Old
05-18-2013, 12:54 PM
Crimson Skorpion
@CrimsonSkorpion

Awards:
Great picks with Weegar and Yakimov. Those two, and another undrafted player, were my four guys that I was debating between for pick 128. Ultimately went with Henriksson.

Old
05-18-2013, 01:50 PM
MarkovtoSubban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post
It always impresses me how close you guys come to where players are ranked for the draft - good job again as always....hard to beat Hab fans in terms of being informed in hockey matters. :-0

If there was one area of critique at this point I would say the ranking of US players. I was surprised to see Vanelli passed over until the third round in both mock drafts. Pretty sure he'll be going in the top 40, perhaps even the first round. McCarron is also being underrated. 6-5 wingers with his speed and shot don't grow on trees..has more jam/competitiveness than Mantha too.

Will Compher go in the first and be the first American outside of the CHL chosen? Perhaps - but at this point I see McCarron, McCoshen, Hartman and Vanelli going ahead of him. A 5-10.5 center...yes you have to like his compete and smarts, but there is limited upside. It's not about how they're playing now, but how they play 3-5 years from now.

WTK was wondering about Ausmus - last two tournaments I saw he was the US U-18 team's main shutdown guy. Decent skater and size, good positionally, competes, has some smarts. He has a chance of being a 4-6 NHL dman who plays on the pk.

One other American who has risen in recent months is Downing. He may be in the mix in the top half of the second round as well.

I would also be surprised to see Lazar drop to the 17th pick as he did in this draft. The kid brings so many intangibles - he's a leader and a winner. He won't be a ppg player, but he's going to help you win playoff games.

All in all though - very impressed with the draft.
This mock is so good we can barely call it a mock!

Although the run on Swedes in the fourth was a little unrealistic

With the American kids this year, would you say Vannelli has the highest upside of that USNTP program? How good wil McCoshen be, any offensive upside?

If you draft McCarron would you push him into a CHL program?

Do Hartman and Lazar have similar upsides? Who will be the better player in the NHL?

Closed Thread