HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

SO... who makes the TEAM

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-30-2006, 07:58 PM
  #1
Bojakees*
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 617
vCash: 500
SO... who makes the TEAM

Well from what I have seen. Hoggans and Tenkrat should grabs spots. Stastny IMO goes down to Providance never to return. As I have said here before, he's not done anything for anyone to think he is an NHL player to this point.

Paul Mara. Has not looked comfortable. I'll just say that. Well, I will also say that the Defense that has been hyped here has looked slow and a step behind. Dempsey and York should not be on this team IMO. We should have saved that money. I dont love Brookbank Either. I would much rather have kept Tanabe and just use Lashoff in case of injuries.

Timmy Thomas looks to me to have won the starting goalie job. Lets see what the coach thinks.

Kessel has looked good. He is in his element and will produce. It should however be with Murray and Savard. NO DOUBT.

For a team that was one of the lowest scoring teams in the league last season, to break up a line that produced 2.87 points per game last season with Bergie, Boyes and Sturm. Is a bad bad coaching decision and makes no sense. Breaking up one of the most gifted lines in the league, to accommodate a rookie.....Seems like a great way to lose you're job...

IMO the KIDS...Kalus. Karsums, Lashoff, Krejki, never had a real chance to make this club. I think thats obvious.

Bojakees* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 08:31 PM
  #2
Silva
Registered User
 
Silva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 4,945
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Silva
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEEKACUP View Post
Well, I will also say that the Defense that has been hyped here has looked slow and a step behind. Dempsey and York should not be on this team IMO. We should have saved that money. I dont love Brookbank Either. I would much rather have kept Tanabe and just use Lashoff in case of injuries.
Please, stop complaining or leave!! The hyped defense didn't come as billed??? Did you COMPLETELY miss the fact that CHARA was not out there today? That pushes EVERY SINGLE PLAYER up a spot. Stuart now has to assume the #1 role, Mara has to assume the #2 role, etc etc.

York and Dempsey will not be in the lineup on the same night. In fact, it's likely when Mark Stuart comes back NEITHER will be in the lineup.

The season hasn't even started!!!!!!!! Stop posting so much unnecessary negativity!

Silva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 08:33 PM
  #3
Silva
Registered User
 
Silva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 4,945
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Silva
hell Jurcina wasn't in the lineup either. We had 3 guys on our D that won't be in our lineup in November

Silva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 08:37 PM
  #4
Lady Rhian
St. McQuaid he aint
 
Lady Rhian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lakes Region, NH
Posts: 22,662
vCash: 500
So basically, this is another "Anti-Lewis" thread in disguise of "who makes the lineup?". Give it a rest, will you?

Hannu still has a bit more tweaking of his game to do- awful hard from the bench, wouldn't you say? The kid had a knee sprain and was out for the rest of the season- a long time without playing a game. I admit, he didn't look great today- good, but not spectacular. Still, this is the last preseason game, our roster was not complete, two players on defense weren't in the game and you're already panicking.

Lady Rhian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 08:43 PM
  #5
TwineTickler
TheUltimateBruin
 
TwineTickler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 21,498
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Rhian View Post
So basically, this is another "Anti-Lewis" thread in disguise of "who makes the lineup?". Give it a rest, will you?

Hannu still has a bit more tweaking of his game to do- awful hard from the bench, wouldn't you say? The kid had a knee sprain and was out for the rest of the season- a long time without playing a game. I admit, he didn't look great today- good, but not spectacular. Still, this is the last preseason game, our roster was not complete, two players on defense weren't in the game and you're already panicking.
High-ankle sprain.

TwineTickler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 08:44 PM
  #6
Marc008
Registered User
 
Marc008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 363
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Marc008
Yeah thank you guys for standing up for the Bruins I get really tired of all the negative fans thats the last thing we all need lets just hope that the Bruins can put a healthy team on the ice this year if they dont get too many injuries they should be pretty sucessful.

Marc008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 08:54 PM
  #7
BadBruins
Registered User
 
BadBruins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: PEI
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEEKACUP View Post
Well from what I have seen. Hoggans and Tenkrat should grabs spots. Stastny IMO goes down to Providance never to return. As I have said here before, he's not done anything for anyone to think he is an NHL player to this point.

Paul Mara. Has not looked comfortable. I'll just say that. Well, I will also say that the Defense that has been hyped here has looked slow and a step behind. Dempsey and York should not be on this team IMO. We should have saved that money. I dont love Brookbank Either. I would much rather have kept Tanabe and just use Lashoff in case of injuries.

Timmy Thomas looks to me to have won the starting goalie job. Lets see what the coach thinks.

Kessel has looked good. He is in his element and will produce. It should however be with Murray and Savard. NO DOUBT.

For a team that was one of the lowest scoring teams in the league last season, to break up a line that produced 2.87 points per game last season with Bergie, Boyes and Sturm. Is a bad bad coaching decision and makes no sense. Breaking up one of the most gifted lines in the league, to accommodate a rookie.....Seems like a great way to lose you're job...

IMO the KIDS...Kalus. Karsums, Lashoff, Krejki, never had a real chance to make this club. I think thats obvious.
Is this a question? Or are you just telling us who makes the team!!!

I'd say Stastny makes the team.

BadBruins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 09:08 PM
  #8
Westfield Eagle*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Heights
Country: United States
Posts: 1,049
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Westfield Eagle*
In: Hoggan and Tenkrat
Out: Kalus and Stastny

Scratched on opening night: Brookbank and York

Westfield Eagle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 09:13 PM
  #9
WickedBruinsGirl
Registered User
 
WickedBruinsGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Country: Italy
Posts: 14,158
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBruins View Post
I'd say Stastny makes the team.
I say that too! He had a strong training camp.

WickedBruinsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 09:17 PM
  #10
nhlbruin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New England
Country: United States
Posts: 1,274
vCash: 500
Stastny will. Play. In the. NHL. I'm sure you. Have only. Seen. One or two. Games and. None of camp. This PRESEASON.
Bring back. Tanabe??? Wow. Pure genius.
Oh, and. All that money. Spent. On Dempsey and. York. Will not exactly. Kill our cap! Their salaries are. Low.
Let them. Mix the top. Six forwards up. Developing chemistry with. Additional players. Is not a bad. Thing.

Seriously...chill!!!

Also, you. Need to. Stop using so. Many. Periods.

PS: Providence

nhlbruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 09:18 PM
  #11
Westfield Eagle*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Heights
Country: United States
Posts: 1,049
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Westfield Eagle*
Brookbank is useless, but I won't mind if he is the guy sitting in the stands every night as a healthy scratch. That would allow the other young, promising players to play every night in Providence.

Westfield Eagle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 09:29 PM
  #12
DKH
Registered User
 
DKH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 28,496
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEEKACUP View Post
Well from what I have seen. Hoggans and Tenkrat should grabs spots. Stastny IMO goes down to Providance never to return. As I have said here before, he's not done anything for anyone to think he is an NHL player to this point.

Paul Mara. Has not looked comfortable. I'll just say that. Well, I will also say that the Defense that has been hyped here has looked slow and a step behind. Dempsey and York should not be on this team IMO. We should have saved that money. I dont love Brookbank Either. I would much rather have kept Tanabe and just use Lashoff in case of injuries.

Timmy Thomas looks to me to have won the starting goalie job. Lets see what the coach thinks.

Kessel has looked good. He is in his element and will produce. It should however be with Murray and Savard. NO DOUBT.

For a team that was one of the lowest scoring teams in the league last season, to break up a line that produced 2.87 points per game last season with Bergie, Boyes and Sturm. Is a bad bad coaching decision and makes no sense. Breaking up one of the most gifted lines in the league, to accommodate a rookie.....Seems like a great way to lose you're job...

IMO the KIDS...Kalus. Karsums, Lashoff, Krejki, never had a real chance to make this club. I think thats obvious.
I agree on the Sturm comment- your boy Lewis is crazy to break up the line from last year the more I think about it. I really don't know what to do with Kessel to be honest- he should be up but where I'm not sure.

I was impressed by Mara today as was my bud- we isolated on him with and away from the puck. He skates well, is big, rubbed out a few Rangers. I would say TV did not do this guy justice.

I have really no opinion on Lewis to be honest but alteast half a dozen of my buds who lurk here or go to the games have said that guy Seekacup has some serious issues with Lewis. dude, it shows. It's the Hitler look. My dog for some reason hated news paper carriers. Same kid without the paper sack and no problem. Flip the sack on over the shoulder and my dog was showing more teeth than a Miss America contest. Really what is it? the stache

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 09:51 PM
  #13
Bojakees*
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
I agree on the Sturm comment- your boy Lewis is crazy to break up the line from last year the more I think about it. I really don't know what to do with Kessel to be honest- he should be up but where I'm not sure.

I was impressed by Mara today as was my bud- we isolated on him with and away from the puck. He skates well, is big, rubbed out a few Rangers. I would say TV did not do this guy justice.

I have really no opinion on Lewis to be honest but alteast half a dozen of my buds who lurk here or go to the games have said that guy Seekacup has some serious issues with Lewis. dude, it shows. It's the Hitler look. My dog for some reason hated news paper carriers. Same kid without the paper sack and no problem. Flip the sack on over the shoulder and my dog was showing more teeth than a Miss America contest. Really what is it? the stache

No doubt breaking up the Sturm line is Dumb.

Mara I believe had THREE countem THREE penalties. When you are a DMAN and you are still putting you're stick between onrushing players legs and tripping them....in the second year of the new rules...Well thats just unacceptable.

As for Lewis....Again, I watched an awful lotta Winger games while he coached and quite frankly he was in over his head. Sincerely. He was outcoached time and time again and obviously Ken Holland in Detroit saw it because he hired Babcock after whipping Lewis. If you watched nightly you could even see it on a game to game basis.....Look, I love 90% of the moves here and the refreshing atmosphere around the organization.......That dont mean I have to cowtail to posters here who see everything as rosy. I guess the fact that we beat Montreal a couple times has everyone giddy.....Not me. IMO we have the horses to be a playoff team..If we are not I know who to blame.

Bojakees* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 09:59 PM
  #14
DKH
Registered User
 
DKH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 28,496
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEEKACUP View Post
No doubt breaking up the Sturm line is Dumb.

Mara I believe had THREE countem THREE penalties. When you are a DMAN and you are still putting you're stick between onrushing players legs and tripping them....in the second year of the new rules...Well thats just unacceptable.

As for Lewis....Again, I watched an awful lotta Winger games while he coached and quite frankly he was in over his head. Sincerely. He was outcoached time and time again and obviously Ken Holland in Detroit saw it because he hired Babcock after whipping Lewis. If you watched nightly you could even see it on a game to game basis.....Look, I love 90% of the moves here and the refreshing atmosphere around the organization.......That dont mean I have to cowtail to posters here who see everything as rosy. I guess the fact that we beat Montreal a couple times has everyone giddy.....Not me. IMO we have the horses to be a playoff team..If we are not I know who to blame.
you know Lewis more than me because my number one memory is the Kluzak hit. He seems a likeable enough guy and like Francona does nothing good or bad for me. If you watched the Wings then you have some frame of reference I sure don't. I'm open minded but inevitably it will come down to wins and losses and success in the playoffs. (the stache does drive me nuts, I wish he would just go a little bit out more and maybe do the Lindy Ruff thing)

I hope he does put Sturm back with the other two. Kessel is like someone gives you this great piece of furniture but you can't really figure out where to put it- so you decide to build an addition ....at this time I would try him at second line LW for now. I'm not so sure about Primeau, but if you put Kessel at C with Ax and Donovan you'd have three guys that can move but two wingers who probably wont tally 35 goals.

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 10:02 PM
  #15
Westfield Eagle*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Heights
Country: United States
Posts: 1,049
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Westfield Eagle*
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEEKACUP View Post
No doubt breaking up the Sturm line is Dumb.

Mara I believe had THREE countem THREE penalties. When you are a DMAN and you are still putting you're stick between onrushing players legs and tripping them....in the second year of the new rules...Well thats just unacceptable.

As for Lewis....Again, I watched an awful lotta Winger games while he coached and quite frankly he was in over his head. Sincerely. He was outcoached time and time again and obviously Ken Holland in Detroit saw it because he hired Babcock after whipping Lewis. If you watched nightly you could even see it on a game to game basis.....Look, I love 90% of the moves here and the refreshing atmosphere around the organization.......That dont mean I have to cowtail to posters here who see everything as rosy. I guess the fact that we beat Montreal a couple times has everyone giddy.....Not me. IMO we have the horses to be a playoff team..If we are not I know who to blame.
Who gives a rat's *** what Lewis did in Detroit? How the hell could he be outcoached every night when his team won the freakin' President's Trophy? His team was upset twice in the playoffs, ok fine. Babcock didn't do much better last year with that same team. He is coming to an organization that just wants some stability and a chance to go to the postseason every year. Lewis must know a little about the game considering he played the game, and coached under Bowman.

Let the season start before you post this ridiculous stuff. I've said this before, but look at Bill Belichick. He coached under a legend in Bill Parcells, he failed in his first coaching stint...what if he was never given a 2nd chance? I'm sure Lewis, like Belichick, learned a lot from his first head coaching position, and he's excited to get things going in Boston.

I really don't know why you are complaining at this point of the season, or should I say preseason. Relax. Be happy about the management changes and the new faces intown, and give Lewis a chance. Chiarelli didn't hire him for no reason.

Westfield Eagle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 10:03 PM
  #16
radmcfad
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 116
vCash: 500
I agree with Westfield, Tenkrat and Hoggan in, Statsny and Kalus sent down. Brookbank and York scratches opening night.Maybe just an off night for Toivenen but it looks like shared duty right now, he's far from being the clear #1. I'd move Kessel back with Savvy and Murray too.

radmcfad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 10:50 PM
  #17
Judge Smails
How 'bout a Fresca?
 
Judge Smails's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Bushwood CC
Posts: 1,223
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silva View Post
Please, stop complaining or leave!! The hyped defense didn't come as billed??? Did you COMPLETELY miss the fact that CHARA was not out there today? That pushes EVERY SINGLE PLAYER up a spot. Stuart now has to assume the #1 role, Mara has to assume the #2 role, etc etc.
Brad Stuart is the #2 defenseman on this team.

Judge Smails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 10:53 PM
  #18
Cheesy
Registered User
 
Cheesy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Londonderry, NH
Country: United States
Posts: 3,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Smails View Post
Brad Stuart is the #2 defenseman on this team.
Yeah, he was saying with Chara out, it pushed Stuart up to #1.

Cheesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 11:17 PM
  #19
Judge Smails
How 'bout a Fresca?
 
Judge Smails's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Bushwood CC
Posts: 1,223
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesy View Post
Yeah, he was saying with Chara out, it pushed Stuart up to #1.
My bad.

Judge Smails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2006, 12:30 AM
  #20
Marc008
Registered User
 
Marc008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 363
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Marc008
Well I can say that if Lewis is no the best coach in the NHL we will soon see that he has hired himself a great assistan coach with Marc Habsheid this guy is great with young players and he is a verry good addition to this coaching staff.BTW does anyone know now that Sullivan is gone will Ray Bourque still be helping out with some of the coaching like he did last year?

Marc008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2006, 01:16 AM
  #21
Lady Rhian
St. McQuaid he aint
 
Lady Rhian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lakes Region, NH
Posts: 22,662
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc008 View Post
Well I can say that if Lewis is no the best coach in the NHL we will soon see that he has hired himself a great assistan coach with Marc Habsheid this guy is great with young players and he is a verry good addition to this coaching staff.BTW does anyone know now that Sullivan is gone will Ray Bourque still be helping out with some of the coaching like he did last year?
I was told by Kirk that Bourque as of this time was not rehired for this season. It is up to Lewis to add him to the staff.

Lady Rhian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2006, 03:48 AM
  #22
CombatOnContact
 
CombatOnContact's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ottawa
Country: Malaysia
Posts: 16,100
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CombatOnContact
Maybe its Murray who needs Bergeron's veteran leadership. Berg is young, but his determination can make other players try harder. I wouldn't mind seeing some different line combos. Berg and Boyes were amazing last year, but maybe they can do well apart too.

Sturm-Bergeron-Murray
Kessel-Savard-Boyes

CombatOnContact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2006, 04:03 AM
  #23
bb74
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Annecy
Country: France
Posts: 3,114
vCash: 500
I still think Kessel would work best as C which leads me to believe he'll either be centering Axe + Donovan - or finding time in Providence shortly - he's a sure bet talent but LW as a right hand shot AND not being a strong board player makes it really tough to stick. I'd just assume we start with BBS, then roll a guy in the #2 LW slot until some sticks - if Kessel so be it but I don't think it's going to do wonders for his development as a #1 pivot.

bb74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2006, 04:27 AM
  #24
misterjaggers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The Duke City
Country: United States
Posts: 14,273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlbruin View Post
Stastny will. Play. In the. NHL. I'm sure you. Have only. Seen. One or two. Games and. None of camp. This PRESEASON.
Bring back. Tanabe??? Wow. Pure genius.
Oh, and. All that money. Spent. On Dempsey and. York. Will not exactly. Kill our cap! Their salaries are. Low.
Let them. Mix the top. Six forwards up. Developing chemistry with. Additional players. Is not a bad. Thing.

Seriously...chill!!!

Also, you. Need to. Stop using so. Many. Periods.

PS: Providence

misterjaggers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2006, 05:33 AM
  #25
PolishBingo
King Pierogie IV
 
PolishBingo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Poland
Posts: 4,974
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=SEEKACUP;6621414]No doubt breaking up the Sturm line is Dumb.[QUOTE]

Chia was on XM this past week. When the host mentioned the the Boyes, Bergie, Sturm line as the number 1 line, Chia told him that may not be the number 1 this season. Anyone who heard it was likely surprised given the success we had last year. So I'm wondering if Chia is the one who wanted the line broken up? Anyone know for sure?

PolishBingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:18 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.