HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Eastern Semifinal: (1) Pittsburgh Penguins vs. (7) Ottawa Senators PT II

Closed Thread

Old
05-17-2013, 03:42 PM
Ziggy66

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelegacy View Post
I like your sarcasm, and if it were anyone else, I would just scoff at his comment, but Big Mac is probably the most feared fighter in all the league.

I don't want him anywhere near the lineup for the Pens though. Playoffs are about guys like Brenden Morrow and Iginla. Grit guys with skill, not grit guys that add nothing to your team but fighting. Big Mac barely even lays big hits that I've seen.
meh. Jury is out on that one. He def needs more fights in the NHL IMO. His card is pretty limited. He has beaten Orr I will give him that, but then he has also drawn with Parros and lost to Mcgratton. Would like to see him square off with Bordeleau, Westgarth or Scott to kind of gauge where he is at.

Old
05-17-2013, 03:46 PM
wingnutks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi Lemieux View Post
Dude...the pens were in a heap of trouble in that series. You're seriously saying the pens didn't try that hard because they knew they were going to win? They didn't throw the body or win more puck battles because they were outskated handily. Isles were exploiting the pens weaknesses. Don't be a blind homer.
Not to be a homer myself, but I have to agree with this, kinda. Especially about game 6. The Pens were down by a goal with less than 6 mins to go in the game. Did you see the shot that went in to tie it?
The Pens were out shot, out hit, had more giveaways, had less take aways, won less face offs, and had less PP in that game. Also, were out shot in the 3rd and in OT. Game 6 is not a good example to use. I think that was the only game that in the series that the Isles out played the Pens AND the Pens offensive skill didnt get them the win.

Old
05-17-2013, 03:48 PM
mikelegacy
LUK OUT 4 ZE GERMANS

vCash: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy66 View Post
meh. Jury is out on that one. He def needs more fights in the NHL IMO. His card is pretty limited. He has beaten Orr I will give him that, but then he has also drawn with Parros and lost to Mcgratton. Would like to see him square off with Bordeleau, Westgarth or Scott to kind of gauge where he is at.
True, but at the same time, a lot of the best bruisers are in the AHL and he beats them regularly. The best fighters normally are call-up guys, just like Mac.

More NHL fights would definitely solidify his place as an elite fighter though.

Old
05-17-2013, 03:51 PM
mikelegacy
LUK OUT 4 ZE GERMANS

vCash: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnutks View Post
Not to be a homer myself, but I have to agree with this, kinda. Especially about game 6. The Pens were down by a goal with less than 6 mins to go in the game. Did you see the shot that went in to tie it?
The Pens were out shot, out hit, had more giveaways, had less take aways, won less face offs, and had less PP in that game. Also, were out shot in the 3rd and in OT. Game 6 is not a good example to use. I think that was the only game that in the series that the Isles out played the Pens AND the Pens offensive skill didnt get them the win.
I mean when it really comes down to it, Malkin's plays set up both of those goals (the tying goal and the GWG) so our offensive power DID win us the game, but I agree that we were outplayed in at least 3 of the 6. Game 4 wasn't too lopsided, althought the Isles played well, so that one to me was just a bad game by both teams. No outmatching there.

Old
05-17-2013, 03:52 PM
wingnutks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Lane View Post
What do any of those things have to do with the team on the ice and how they play?
Kinda like, which guy who wont play tonight can beat up another guy who wont play tonight.

Old
05-17-2013, 03:53 PM
Penny Lane
Sens fan in the USA.

Quote:
Kinda like, which guy who wont play tonight can beat up another guy who wont play tonight.
Right? Riveting conversation!

Old
05-17-2013, 03:53 PM
H2ODP

vCash: 177
Why are we talking about who would win fights? I don't think it's possible to ever go through a series without conversation going this way, and it's quite annoying.. "OMGSH My dad is tougher than your dad!!".. that's how it comes across to me anyways, for the most part our series has been pretty tamed between fan bases and most talk being related to the actual play on the ice, hope it stays that way.

For the record tho, Big Mac is probably the #1 fighter in the league when he plays, but he doesn't, and is quite useless otherwise.

Here's to a good game tonight boys, it'll be interesting to see how and if Ottawa makes any adjustments and how effective they will be.

Old
05-17-2013, 03:54 PM
IRONCITY63
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi Lemieux View Post
Dude...the pens were in a heap of trouble in that series. You're seriously saying the pens didn't try that hard because they knew they were going to win? They didn't throw the body or win more puck battles because they were outskated handily. Isles were exploiting the pens weaknesses. Don't be a blind homer.
All I can say is I'm glad that series wasn't best of 10

Old
05-17-2013, 04:03 PM
PensFan6687

Quote:
In the end, the Pens won it in six. That's what matters. Who wins in the end of the day becomes the fact... Unless you're Tampa Bay winning the Cup in 2004. C'mon that Gelinas goal in Game 6 had the series done and done. Sadly officiating created the outcome like that, in which case happens a lot, but the officiating in games is, well, unfortunately part of the game... good or bad. lol

btw I like the Isles and have respect for that team and its fanbase (I was a Pens fan for those crummy years as well), but I am getting a little annoyed that people think it should have been their series. Pens are here, the Isles are not. Move on people. btw Not saying you are one of those people, but they do exist...and there is quite a number of them. haha

Old
05-17-2013, 04:06 PM
wingnutks

Quote:
Originally Posted by PensFan6687 View Post
In the end, the Pens won it in six. That's what matters. Who wins in the end of the day.

btw I like the Isles and have respect for that team and its fanbase (I was a Pens fan for those crummy years as well), but I am getting a little annoyed that people said it should have been their series. Pens are here, the Isles are not. Move on people. haha
I agree. I dont think anyone here is saying the Isles should have had the series. But there are some good comparisons, game plans, and things to look for the Sens to do that the Isles did do.

Old
05-17-2013, 04:06 PM
Waffle Fries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy66 View Post
It might not even be that people fear him because he's a great fighter, they might fear him because sometimes he's bat**** crazy,

But I don't want him in the Pens lineup. He'd serve no purpose and we have a few players already sitting that maybe shouldn't be, let alone sitting another for Big Mac.

Old
05-17-2013, 04:08 PM
wingnutks

I still think Pens in 5.

Old
05-17-2013, 04:09 PM
PensFan6687

I can see the Sens taking two games in this series, so I'll go Pens in six.

Old
05-17-2013, 05:38 PM
Fordy
the kid signify

I'd like to see Big Mac fight Tortorella and Oates.

Old
05-17-2013, 05:43 PM
NastyNick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
Did you watch the games? The series honestly could have gone either way. Except for the first game the Islanders gave the Pens all that they could handle. Ignore the record, that series was much closer than 4-2 indicates, and the Islanders gave me a real scare.
Gave you a scare

Gave me a scare too, until Fleury was out.

Pens led in the 3rd in games 1 - 5. They lost games 2 and games 4 on terrible goals given up by Fleury. With Vokoun in they would have likely swept the Isles.

Old
05-17-2013, 05:43 PM
TravisUlrich
Eternal Optimist

IMO, the Sens are a good team but they matchup with Pittsburgh in all the wrong ways. Islanders matched up against Pittsburgh's weakness. So did the Leafs. Thankfully, they're out.

Old
05-17-2013, 06:11 PM
Mr Manks
Do it for Rundblad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honour Over Glory View Post
Kassian would try and fail.
Or maybe it would be the other way around.

Old
05-17-2013, 06:17 PM
WarriorScholar

Is it a coincidence that Cooke , Torres , and Neil all look alike? Not necessarily their faces...their eyes and what's behind them( or lack there of) .

Old
05-17-2013, 06:18 PM
SUBdrewgANS
born into trouble

Send a message via AIM to SUBdrewgANS
is there a new VLC streaming link site? the vanhock one looks like it was taken down.. or does anyone have a vlc link I can use?

Old
05-17-2013, 06:22 PM
Random Oracle

vCash: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUBdrewgANS View Post
is there a new VLC streaming link site? the vanhock one looks like it was taken down.. or does anyone have a vlc link I can use?
This one seems to work: http://vanhock.x10.mx/index.php

Old
05-17-2013, 06:22 PM
TravisUlrich
Eternal Optimist

Well my Sens fan counterparts, it feel like a week since these two teams played.

Good luck and enjoy!

Old
05-17-2013, 06:23 PM
WarriorScholar

Kyle Turris is drunk

Old
05-17-2013, 06:23 PM
SUBdrewgANS
born into trouble

Send a message via AIM to SUBdrewgANS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Oracle View Post
This one seems to work: http://vanhock.x10.mx/index.php
awesome, thank you!

Old
05-17-2013, 06:29 PM
Radon

Well I'm glad the Sens got mentioned in CBC's pregame.

Old
05-17-2013, 06:37 PM
Step
GO SENS GO

vCash: 50
Go Ottawa!

Closed Thread