HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Around the League

View Poll Results: Who ya got?
1)Penguins>7)Senators 13 43.33%
7)Senators>1)Penguins 13 43.33%
4)Bruins>6)Rangers 21 70.00%
6)Rangers>Bruins 5 16.67%
1)Hawks>7)Red Wings 19 63.33%
7)Red Wings>1)Hawks 5 16.67%
5)Kings>6)Sharks 28 93.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
05-14-2013, 12:52 AM
CowMix
Go Kings Go!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTKingsFan View Post
You guys gotta watch Jimmy Fallon tonight. He murders like 75% of the players names including Kopitar! LOL it was funnier then the actual skit.

Old
05-14-2013, 12:54 AM
CowMix
Go Kings Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclamation Project View Post
Try the Rangers. All they do is complain and moan. It's starting to annoy me. Can't go into any thread without them complaining about something to do with the Rangers.
The Lunqvist is the greatest goalie at everything ANIEC circle jerk has been getting old for a while now

Old
05-14-2013, 01:02 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowMix View Post
The Lunqvist is the greatest goalie at everything ANIEC circle jerk has been getting old for a while now
Considering what little the Rangers have accomplished since 1994, I could see why they're all over Lundqvist's jock. It's not undeserved though, Lundqvist is just that good, and there isn't a whole lot to be excited about when it comes to Rangers hockey.

Old
05-14-2013, 01:17 AM
CowMix
Go Kings Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Considering what little the Rangers have accomplished since 1994, I could see why they're all over Lundqvist's jock. It's not undeserved though, Lundqvist is just that good, and there isn't a whole lot to be excited about when it comes to Rangers hockey.
Lunqvist is a top goaltender, don't get me wrong, but the Rangers player a system that pretty much involves having 6 goaltenders on the ice at all times. The fact that Ranger fans won't even consider any other goalies as possibly being anywhere near as good as Lunqvist is ridiculous.

Old
05-14-2013, 06:11 AM
damacles1156

The Rangers are not going to win a cup with Tort coaching.

They can't win a series with a team that is going to punish their defenders.

Tort basically plays Six goalies, Well five he puts way too many minutes on his top guys.

That will catch up to them just like it did last year.

I see Boston disposing of the Rangers, Boston is not going to mess around like they did with the Leafs series.

That had to be a wake up call for the B's(lots of B's forwards sleep walking). I think the ECF is Boston/Ottawa.

Old
05-14-2013, 10:25 AM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by CowMix View Post
Lunqvist is a top goaltender, don't get me wrong, but the Rangers player a system that pretty much involves having 6 goaltenders on the ice at all times. The fact that Ranger fans won't even consider any other goalies as possibly being anywhere near as good as Lunqvist is ridiculous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
LOL, Rangers fans were so butt-hurt that another goalie (at least 3, actually) could be mentioned in the same breath as Lundqvist that they started a separate thread to pump up his holiness. The disclaimer? "PS please don't make this a Quick thread" The snobiness is strong with those ones.

Lundy is an amazing goalie and I would never hate on him. Rangers will go as far as he and their 5 skating goalies will take them, but as others have mentioned, that system absolutely murders them. Plus, outside of flashes of brilliance from some creative forwards, they look pretty lethargic. I hope Boston puts them out of their misery (and it would be a bonus to the boards if they could put up 3-4 GPG )

Oh, and I actually really enjoyed that Jimmy Fallon segment

Old
05-14-2013, 11:27 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
This thread perfectly encapsulates the existence of the Leafs: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1428463

The very start is when they get their 4-1 lead, and the very end is when they lose in OT. Amazing how things can change in just a few minutes. You never have it until it is over.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Old
05-14-2013, 11:41 AM
TonySCV
One More Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
This thread perfectly encapsulates the existence of the Leafs: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1428463

The very start is when they get their 4-1 lead, and the very end is when they lose in OT. Amazing how things can change in just a few minutes. You never have it until it is over.
Gold. Post #429 is when they tie it. #924 is when the Bruins win it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
The Rangers are not going to win a cup with Tort coaching.
??

He's won a Cup before which suggests it's a personnel issue more than a coaching issue. The guy has proven he can get the job done. The players need to do the same.

Heck Crawford won a Cup. Coaching gets too much credit and too much blame. The right mix of players makes all the difference.

In other news... this is a riot:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...163519442.html

The Ducks might have won the first Cup for California, but that's just how sequels can work sometimes. They'll often be more successful than the original, but they're generally terrible. The only people you find who will argue that the sequel is better are dummies who like to be different instead of right. This is Anaheim's fan base.

Last edited by TonySCV: 05-14-2013 at 11:55 AM.
Old
05-14-2013, 08:51 PM
William H Bonney

Letang and Karlsson trying to outdo the other on embellishment.

And Karlsson gets burned to give up a 2-on-1 SH goal. Works out well for his dive.

Old
05-14-2013, 10:00 PM
jml87

The only way to beat the Pens is to piss them off. You gotta hit them hard and get in their face. You can't back up on them. Ottawa did not play well tonight. They let the Pens walk all over them.

Old
05-15-2013, 12:42 AM
ru4reals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post

This is absolutely the funniest thing ever!

Old
05-15-2013, 03:52 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos

Old
05-17-2013, 09:08 AM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863

Old
05-17-2013, 06:45 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

vCash: 250
LOL.

Karlsson for Norris!

Old
05-17-2013, 06:46 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Leafs' fan took a video of themselves during that disaster against Boston and for some reason wanted to humiliate themselves as well worldwide.

Eight Sharks fans were in the row behind me last night. You should have seen them after goals 3 and 4 last night. One loudmouth in particular (all night long) had tears in his eyes. Another was being consoled by his girlfriend. The despondency was very similar to what you see in the video above.

05-17-2013, 06:46 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

And to think I thought the Senators had a shot in this series.

Jesus.

Old
05-17-2013, 06:52 PM
jml87

Really, I do feel bad for those fans. It really is miserable when stuff like this happens and you don't have any real fond memories to look back on. As a Kings fan, if bad things happen I can at least look back and see the run from last year and feel better. Toronto and San Jose fans...?

For the first 25 years of my life, I was in the same boat as them, close but no cigar, so I do feel sympathy when stuff like that happens.

Old
05-17-2013, 07:55 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Typical Penguins game.

First one to 10 goals wins.

Old
05-17-2013, 08:04 PM
TonySCV
One More Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
And to think I thought the Senators had a shot in this series.

Jesus.
Its been a long time since I've felt a sweep was obvious, but its obvious here. This series is over.

Old
05-17-2013, 08:11 PM
jml87

The one time a team should follow the Flyers lead. The Sens have the better goalie in this series but he hasn't been playing like it. I really thought the Sens could compete after seeing them play against Montreal but they look bad. 29 shots vs. 13 shots.

Old
05-17-2013, 08:19 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

I'm not scared of Pittsburgh. They don't scare me. Chicago does. And the west will win this year.

Old
05-17-2013, 08:42 PM
Tadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jml87 View Post
Really, I do feel bad for those fans. It really is miserable when stuff like this happens and you don't have any real fond memories to look back on. As a Kings fan, if bad things happen I can at least look back and see the run from last year and feel better. Toronto and San Jose fans...?

For the first 25 years of my life, I was in the same boat as them, close but no cigar, so I do feel sympathy when stuff like that happens.
Any real fans been there. The high and the low!

Also.... These pens are amazingly bad... We'd destroy them. He'll even the Canucks would destroy them.

Old
05-17-2013, 09:25 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Leafs' fan took a video of themselves during that disaster against Boston and for some reason wanted to humiliate themselves as well worldwide.

Eight Sharks fans were in the row behind me last night. You should have seen them after goals 3 and 4 last night. One loudmouth in particular (all night long) had tears in his eyes. Another was being consoled by his girlfriend. The despondency was very similar to what you see in the video above.
I actually think those Leafs fans in the video handled it rather well considering how monumental that collapse was. I wish I had seats next to you to witness the reaction of those Sharks fans. I recall seeing something similar on my way out, exiting the arena way back in 2001 when the Kings won Game 3 of the series, which made it 2-1 in favor of the Wings at that point. I saw Wings fans with tears in their eyes leaving the arena. Their tears are so sweet.

Old
05-17-2013, 09:26 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
I'm not scared of Pittsburgh. They don't scare me. Chicago does. And the west will win this year.
Yep, with the goaltending Pittsburgh has, I could see them imploding at any point. Their defense is very easy to penetrate as well.

Old
05-17-2013, 11:00 PM
damacles1156

Pitt is suppose to win Both at Home. The Sens just need to hold serve and steal one at the Pens house.

Everyone thought the NYI were done too down 0-2. They were one lead hold away from taking a 3-2 series lead after their home series.

I want to see how the Sens play at home before I say they're done.

Closed Thread