Jagr

Closed Thread

Old
05-17-2013, 04:23 PM
Yeti34

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xegiie View Post
stop right there, ppl wanted him there because they saw what he did this very season in Dallas stop that bs...
Agreed. Plus his end of season stats playing with Kelly and Sods. His chemistry with Marshy.

I did see flashes from Jagr last game. Him and Marshy have some good chemistry. I hope he can return back to form next game.

Old
05-17-2013, 04:28 PM
Scotto74
First in line...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti34 View Post
Agreed. Plus his end of season stats playing with Kelly and Sods. His chemistry with Marshy.

I did see flashes from Jagr last game. Him and Marshy have some good chemistry. I hope he can return back to form next game.
I understand why Xegiie is all for Jagr. He is a philly fan and countrymen of Jagr. Why any Bruin fan would want to put him in Horton's spot I have no idea.

I think someone posted Hortons career playoff stats with Boston and he is a +23 in 29 games with 12 goals and 13 assists and 5 game winners. All playing in that spot on that line. You don't just put someone in that spot because he was good with another team this year.

BOSTON STRONG!!!
Old
05-17-2013, 04:40 PM
Scotto74
First in line...

Quote:
stop right there, ppl wanted him there because they saw what he did this very season in Dallas stop that bs...
ok like I thought your not even a Bruins fan. You just follow Jagr from team to team and defend him.

here is an exchange you had last year with Philly fans.

Quote:
Hey everyone, flyers sucks, whole team does nothing .. but you know what?? lets blame 1 guy, thats right Jagr is only problem here get rid of him now.. lawl i give up, im so done with this community and hope he doesn't resign here.. my biggest wish now, hope NJ finish us in next game
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
are you actually serious?

you're like a 12 year old

you're not even a Flyers fan, so stop referring to them as "us"

Quote:
yes im flyers fan, been since game 1 this season, wasnt hockey fan for years before, im NOT sorry if you have problem with that

ya so I think when it comes to Jagr vs. the Bruins you take Jagr every day of the week. In case you were unaware this is a BRUINS team board not a Jagr board.

Old
05-17-2013, 04:40 PM
smithformeragent

Send a message via AIM to smithformeragent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotto74 View Post
I understand why Xegiie is all for Jagr. He is a philly fan and countrymen of Jagr. Why any Bruin fan would want to put him in Horton's spot I have no idea.

I think someone posted Hortons career playoff stats with Boston and he is a +23 in 29 games with 12 goals and 13 assists and 5 game winners. All playing in that spot on that line. You don't just put someone in that spot because he was good with another team this year.
Because his name is Jaromir Jagr and his resume is ridiculour. Having said that, he slots as a 2nd or 3rd liner on this team,

1. Because he's on the 17th green

2. Because the B's are a deep, deep club.

People like to cry about how Jagr is wasted on the third line, but if he flipped spots with anyone in the top 6, people would still complain that said player is "wasting away" with Kelly and Pevs.

Jagr was effective in Dallas, but we Bruins fans didn't watch every Stars game. We don't know what kind of ice time and leash he was given to accumulate those numbers. Even so, he was on pace for 30ish goals over an 82 game season, so why are people acting like he was a Rocket Richard candidate?

05-17-2013, 04:45 PM
Scotto74
First in line...

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithformeragent View Post
Because his name is Jaromir Jagr and his resume is ridiculour. Having said that, he slots as a 2nd or 3rd liner on this team,

1. Because he's on the 17th green

2. Because the B's are a deep, deep club.

People like to cry about how Jagr is wasted on the third line, but if he flipped spots with anyone in the top 6, people would still complain that said player is "wasting away" with Kelly and Pevs.

Jagr was effective in Dallas, but we Bruins fans didn't watch every Stars game. We don't know what kind of ice time and leash he was given to accumulate those numbers. Even so, he was on pace for 30ish goals over an 82 game season, so why are people acting like he was a Rocket Richard candidate?
you forgot to mention he was so great in Dallas with all them points but was a minus yes thats right a minus 5.

and 6 of his 14 goals were on the PP. so how much was he an even strength force on Dallas this year really? Thats you top line right wing.

not for me thanks

Old
05-17-2013, 04:49 PM
smithformeragent

Send a message via AIM to smithformeragent
Quote:
you fogot to mention he was so great in Dallas with all them points but was a minus yes thats right a minus 5.
Inb4 "It's cuz Clode won't let guys play offense!"

Phil Kessel

2008/09- 70-GP 36-G

Old
05-17-2013, 04:50 PM
TheReal13Linseman
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelvl View Post
Another Soderberg thread? He's not playing because he's not good enough, Daugavins is even better than him
Haha. Wait, whuh??? You actually think Dog showed better than Soderberg?
W O W

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick9 View Post
Completely wiped out Lucic last night, in either 3rd or OT.
That was weird. Lucic must have been like w t f ??

Pastrnak means "Eurolectric" in Czech. Look it up.
Aw, what the hell, let's make another thread about how much Gagne sucks.
Old
reidy
@reidjjackson

Send a message via AIM to reidy
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMiller View Post
I don't mean personally, I mean his game out on the ice. Recchi sold himself out to fit the system, Jagr is content being Jagr.

Was Kaberle hated in the lockerroom (I don't remember hearing much).
Sorry, misunderstood you then.

Old
Scotto74
First in line...

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithformeragent View Post
Inb4 "It's cuz Clode won't let guys play offense!"

Phil Kessel

2008/09- 70-GP 36-G
I also added to my post how 6 of his 14 goals were on the PP.

Well so far he sucks on the Bruins PP which is where he was supposed to help. Guy was not a 1st line player this year even strength in Dallas regardless of what people want to say.

7 goals and a minus 5 from you top line right wing. I don't think so

Old
05-17-2013, 04:57 PM
Scotto74
First in line...

more intersteing facts.

this season

even strength since we are talking about 1st line right wing position not PP.

Horton
Games 43
even strength goals 14
even strength assists 8
even strength points 22
+/- +1

Jagr
games 45
even strength goals 10
even strength assists 14
even strength points 24
+/- -2

so Horton played 2 less games
has 4 more goals
has 6 less assists
is +4 better

Horton did it in this system on this team with that line. Jagr did it somewhere else.

Horton still outplayed him.

as I have said Jagr did nothing this season to take that 1st line right wing spot from Horton.

add to that fact that Horton has proven playoff stats with this system and that line and Jagr should not even be a consideration for that position. Period.

Old
05-17-2013, 05:04 PM
reidy
@reidjjackson

Quote:
more intersteing facts.

this season

even strength since we are talking about 1st line right wing position not PP.

Horton
Games 43
even strength goals 14
even strength assists 8
even strength points 22
+/- +1

Jagr
games 45
even strength goals 10
even strength assists 14
even strength points 24
+/- -2

so Horton played 2 less games
has 4 more goals
has 6 less assists
is +4 better

Horton did it in this system on this team with that line. Jagr did it somewhere else.

Horton still outplayed him.

as I have said Jagr did nothing this season to take that 1st line right wing spot from Horton.

add to that fact that Horton has proven playoff stats with this system and that line and Jagr should not even be a consideration for that position. Period.
I must be missing who's still advocating for breaking up that top line and slotting Jagr in there... care to point that out? People are defending Jagr's spot in the lineup. There are some posters here saying the Bruins should play Soderberg or Daugavins over him. That's ridiculous.

FWIW, I think Jagr's play has dropped off somewhat since the playoffs started. He was IMO the Bruins best forward for his first 9 or so games here, when he was generating offense at will and scoring at a PPG clip. Since he got sick and the playoffs started, his play has dropped off.

I hope he can get back to where he was when he first got here because a contributing Jaromir Jagr just makes this team that much better.

Old
05-17-2013, 05:10 PM
BIG BAD BRUINS

He looks like a tired OLD man.

Old
05-17-2013, 05:17 PM
mcnab12

Quote:
I also added to my post how 6 of his 14 goals were on the PP.

Well so far he sucks on the Bruins PP which is where he was supposed to help. Guy was not a 1st line player this year even strength in Dallas regardless of what people want to say.

7 goals and a minus 5 from you top line right wing. I don't think so
SUCKS on the PP? He may not be lighting it up, but that's harsh. Our PP has had a better look since his arrival. Not world beaters, to be sure, but he adds an element of confidence out there.

Old
05-17-2013, 05:22 PM
Wounded

Quote:
Originally Posted by reidy View Post
I must be missing who's still advocating for breaking up that top line and slotting Jagr in there... care to point that out? People are defending Jagr's spot in the lineup. There are some posters here saying the Bruins should play Soderberg or Daugavins over him. That's ridiculous.

FWIW, I think Jagr's play has dropped off somewhat since the playoffs started. He was IMO the Bruins best forward for his first 9 or so games here, when he was generating offense at will and scoring at a PPG clip. Since he got sick and the playoffs started, his play has dropped off.

I hope he can get back to where he was when he first got here because a contributing Jaromir Jagr just makes this team that much better.
Exactly. At least someone is not overreacting.

Old
05-17-2013, 05:24 PM
Xegiie

Quote:
ok like I thought your not even a Bruins fan. You just follow Jagr from team to team and defend him.

here is an exchange you had last year with Philly fans.

ya so I think when it comes to Jagr vs. the Bruins you take Jagr every day of the week. In case you were unaware this is a BRUINS team board not a Jagr board.
im following Jagr, if you got any problem with that .. well too bad, i can cheer for any team i want and thats boston now, deal with it.
and if you are unaware this is Jagr topic..

Mod edit: knock it off

Old
05-17-2013, 05:43 PM
qc
Dare to Dream

vCash: 69
I'm not going to defend Jagr's performance in Boston, but I don't see what it has to do with his plus minus rating in Dallas.. Being -5 for that team is as misleading as Kaberle being +9 as a Bruin

Old
05-17-2013, 07:07 PM
bb_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bojakees View Post
Again....Jagr is less an offensive player now because he is in our system...Besides, if his shot that hit the post in OT last night is an inch lower...You are calling him your hero today.
No i'm not.

and I'm not looking at his stat sheet.

i'm watching him play.

and he has sucked.

Old
05-17-2013, 07:13 PM
bb_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by reidy View Post

i'd certainly advocate to give Soderberg a shot over Jagr.

Daugavans was horrible with blue line turn overs and bad pass's at the end of the I wouldn't slot him in period.

and the problem with what you are saying is the fact that he isn't contributing.

he's not much good defensively or on the back check.

and he just looks out of sync with the entire team.

Old
05-17-2013, 08:07 PM
BCeagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb_fan View Post
No i'm not.

and I'm not looking at his stat sheet.

i'm watching him play.

and he has sucked.
I agree he looks out of shape and very slow and lethargic. He does take up space but it looks like he can't go full speed on a regular shift, at the most 20-30 seconds

Old
05-17-2013, 08:10 PM
Xegiie

i find it kinda funny how ppl are trying hard to find evidence, 41 years old is not top NHL player anymore. While some of them will hardly walk that age

Old
05-17-2013, 08:14 PM
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCeagle View Post
I agree he looks out of shape and very slow and lethargic. He does take up space but it looks like he can't go full speed on a regular shift
What he can do is maintain possession. Draw a checker to one side of his body, reverse it to the other, and take that guy completely out of the play. All the Bergeron line did before Jagr was lose battle after battle, and cough it up. At least they're sustaining pressure and getting some looks now.

We watched Marchand PB and Seguin do literally nothing for 6 games. Willing to give it a chance.

At least the PP actually resembles a PP now.

Old
05-17-2013, 08:29 PM
JMiller

Quote:
i find it kinda funny how ppl are trying hard to find evidence, 41 years old is not top NHL player anymore. While some of them will hardly walk that age
Tyler Seguin was 6 months old the last time Jagr won the Stanley Cup.

Old
05-17-2013, 08:35 PM
Trap Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely08 View Post
What he can do is maintain possession. Draw a checker to one side of his body, reverse it to the other, and take that guy completely out of the play. All the Bergeron line did before Jagr was lose battle after battle, and cough it up. At least they're sustaining pressure and getting some looks now.
He thinks he can. I am so sick of him trying to do everything by himself. Him having one nice play a game as a result of his puck possession game does not make up for the fact that he's getting stripped of the puck or falling down every other time he tries to do that, which is all the time.

Old
05-17-2013, 08:36 PM
Yeti34

Quote:

I was saying back then. Not right now. Right now he is fine where he is, and he is doing alright. I would give him another game or two to see if that line develops any chemistry. If not flip Segs and Jagr back.

Old
05-17-2013, 10:33 PM
reidy
@reidjjackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely08 View Post

We watched Marchand PB and Seguin do literally nothing for 6 games. Willing to give it a chance.

At least the PP actually resembles a PP now.
+1. Great post.

Closed Thread