HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Dion Phaneuf

Old
05-17-2013, 07:13 PM
veedubn1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
MN wild are collecting captains...what would it take?
he would rock as a partner for Brodin.
If the Leafs trade Dion without getting an equal defenseman in return, we're missing the playoffs next year. He's THAT important to the team.

If there is no d-man coming back from Minni, a #1C is the asking price.

veedubn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 07:24 PM
TieClark

Leafs aren't anywhere near the playoffs without Phaneuf... they need another player like him, not to get rid of him

TieClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 07:32 PM
Pyromaniac3

Too important for us to give up which means other teams have to give up a lot for us to accept the trade which they may not agree that Phaneuf is worth that package.

I don't even want to trade him for a #1C. Centre is the least of our worries right now.

Pyromaniac3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 07:35 PM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackhandToeyJoey View Post
EDM offers:

D, L. Smid.
EDM 2013 1st Round
You failed . no way the Oilers offer this .

supert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 07:42 PM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnybaby View Post
5-8 years ago? He got 44 points last season and was on pace for 48 through this season.
Funny if an Oiler fan mention that Gagner was on pace for over 60 leafs fans jump all over it , saying it was a short season until he proves it over a full season he is not a 60 point player . 44 points is not 50 . until he hits 50 he is not a 50 point player .

supert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 07:46 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by supert View Post
Funny if an Oiler fan mention that Gagner was on pace for over 60 leafs fans jump all over it , saying it was a short season until he proves it over a full season he is not a 60 point player . 44 points is not 50 . until he hits 50 he is not a 50 point player .
49 points is not 50 for Gagner either. 40 pt soft centres are a dime a dozen. Are you mad that a dman's career high is almost your 2nd line centre's career high?

Leafs For Life* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 08:44 PM
Kbs

Quote:
What? They were talking about 45-50 points.

You Phaneuf haters are very serious about your point totals. "He had 44 points last season", "Well, then he's not a 45 point defenseman!" Apparently 1 point is a world of difference.

Kbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 08:59 PM
Hotlanta

Quote:
Phaneuf's career average has been 46 points in an 82 games season, and has surpassed 50 twice and hit a career high of 60. Making him a 45-50 point player on average with potential to put up more.

Gagner's career average has been 51 points in an 82 game season, and has never hit 50 let alone 60 points. He was on pace for 65 points this year over 82 games, however this is his career high and should not be considered his average until he can prove to be close to this on a continual bases.

Same goes for Leafs like Kadri, who is not a PPG forward because he came close once so far in a shortened season. He has far more still to prove.

Hotlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 10:16 PM
EscapeGoat
We The North

I love Phaneuf. Would want overpayment to trade him. He anchors the Leafs defence and they wouldn't be a playoff team without him. I'd rather see the Leafs extend him long-term and bring that cap hit down.

EscapeGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 12:02 AM
ReimerIsFuture
Rookie User

People who bash Phaneuf have no idea what they're talking about. He's a great top 2 defenseman. However, I don't think he should be praised either. He has some very good things but also some very BAD things too.

Without Phaneuf the Leafs are missing a big hole in their line up, but with all the talent in our D pool lately, I honestly think we have depth to perhaps move Phaneuf. To me, Cody Franson can put up more points and is more responsible in our own zone than Phaneuf is. We also have Gardiner carrying the mail while Gunnarsson and Fraser help on the defensive side of things (Gunn and Fraser were a combined +22 in the regular season) with great prospects in Morgan Rielly, Stuart Percy, and Jesse Blacker.

I think right now Phaneuf is worth about the same as Jay Bouwmeester back at the deadline, maybe even more. I can see Phaneuf going to Columbus for one of their 1st round picks and one of Oscar Dansk/Boone Jenner. Or even back to Alberta, this time to his hometown Edmonton Oilers, and TRUST ME, they'd shop him for sure. They have a lot of youth in Edmonton but they're missing the defense. I'm sure they'd be ready to give up their 7th overall pick for Phaneuf.

ReimerIsFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 04:03 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 50
Personally I think Dion Phaneuf has all world talent but one of the lowest hockey IQ's in the league. That's just my opinion on what I see when he plays, but I'm not a pro scout just a fan of hockey.

People don't need to be so sensitive over it. All I was trying to say was that personally if a good deal came along I would move him. Nothing against him, and the Leafs probably would be a bit worse in the immediate but would be better off in the future.

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 05:23 PM
BackhandToeyJoey

Quote:
You failed . no way the Oilers offer this .
Lol k. Why not?

BackhandToeyJoey is online now   Reply With Quote