HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Tampa-Buffalo

Old
05-17-2013, 03:04 PM
tmack224

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
I have sad n other threads that they be able t get at least what Pominville brough f they eat half the salary.

Personally I'd prefer to get a winger in return. So I dnt have an issue with Cnnolly though he seems to be nflated since in the games he has played t the NZhL he hasn't scored much. I don't know who he had played with. Just because he was a top 10 pick 2 yrs ag means nothing to me. It's about what is potential is. Pysyk looks like a top 4 lock.

Based on draft charts you could do a 3rd for 8th + 38th or for 16th + both 2nd round picks or 3rd + TB 2nd round pick for 8th and 16th.

In other threads one solid proposal would be frm Vancouver for Gaunce, Jensen , 2023 1st. From Columbus for their middle 1 st round pick + 2 young players who are 19-23.

I dnt have an issue n looking to move up to 4th-6thto be able to get me of the forwards.
s
This offer is a major overpayment.

Let's say Pysyk= Connolly

LeCav buyout + 3rd for Vanek + 16th. I think Vanek + 16th for pick 3 or 4 is an overpay but im fine with it. absorbing the $30M cost of LeCav is just too much...something needs to be added by TB or the pick 16 is dropped own to 38th.
The was my original thought but I changed it to 16th based on the fact that Tampa really doesnt want to move the pick. 38th is Fair but Tampa say no. 16th is more then we want to pay but Tampa says yes and we get MacKinnon. Im willing to make that sacrifice.

tmack224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 03:19 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
I have sad n other threads that they be able t get at least what Pominville brough f they eat half the salary.
Do you mean, a 2nd tier prospect, a goalie prospect, a late 1st, and a future 2nd?

Or do you mean how Sabres fans view the trade after it happened "2 high end prospects, #16 overall, and a future 2nd"?

Quote:
Based on draft charts you could do a 3rd for 8th + 38th or for 16th + both 2nd round picks or 3rd + TB 2nd round pick for 8th and 16th.
The difference the 3rd overall pick in this year's draft would be the #1 overall pick in most years.

Quote:
LeCav buyout + 3rd for Vanek + 16th. I think Vanek + 16th for pick 3 or 4 is an overpay but im fine with it. absorbing the $30M cost of LeCav is just too much...something needs to be added by TB or the pick 16 is dropped own to 38th.
I don't think you can get 3rd overall for Vanek and 16th.... You move from the elite 3, to the back end of the 4th tier of prospects... for 1 year of Vanek

Horrible proposal.

Jame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 04:16 PM
The Macho Man
Fire Cooper

vCash: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmack224 View Post
Where did you hear that? That has never been in the CBA. Is it new to the new CBA?
Edit: Turns out I was mistaken. Thought I read somewhere that there was a clause that you couldn't amnesty a contract you didn't sign, but can't find it anywhere. My mistake.

Last edited by The Macho Man: 05-17-2013 at 04:21 PM.
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 04:23 PM
The Macho Man
Fire Cooper

vCash: 134
Oh, and this is an awful deal anyway. Tampa gets worse both short-term and long-term.

The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 05:09 PM
Rschmitz
Yzermaned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronounced Anders View Post
Oh, and this is an awful deal anyway. Tampa gets worse both short-term and long-term.
I don't agree. We are losing two premium prospects in Connolly and the #3 pick. But now lets say Pysyk+16th overall=Connolly

Then its third overall for Vanek and massive cap relief. I personally would want Myers and not Vanek, but we could probably flip him for another stud D prospect. I'd peg Vanek's value as a #5-10 pick.

Depends on what kind of contract Vinny re-signs for. If its for less than a million a year, well then your looking at moving down a few spots in the draft for ~6 million dollars in cap relief over the next 8 years. That is an easy yes for me, and that cap room helps us now and in the future.

I can see the players association signing off on this, but the league would never allow this IMO since it goes against the basic premise behind the salary cap and protecting the lower market teams.

And this would ruin Buffalo's cap situation going forward, as they would be on the hook for Vinny's contract going forward well into the days that their young players have improved and are looking for raises.

Rschmitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 05:43 PM
Djp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rschmitz View Post

And this would ruin Buffalo's cap situation going forward, as they would be on the hook for Vinny's contract going forward well into the days that their young players have improved and are looking for raises.
The premise of the deal is Bffalo taking LeCav and then buying him out and he then resigns in TB for something like $2M per for 4 yrs.

Buffalo uses there amnesty on LeCav so there s no cap hit n the buyout s it doesn't hurt the teM at all.

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 05:50 PM
Djp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
Do you mean, a 2nd tier prospect, a goalie prospect, a late 1st, and a future 2nd?
l.
Larrson is one of Minnesota top 5 prospects, Hackett was a top 8, the pick is 16th...that doesn't seem like a late first.

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 06:25 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Larrson is one of Minnesota top 5 prospects, Hackett was a top 8, the pick is 16th...that doesn't seem like a late first.
Larsson was their #5... still, he wasn't a top 50 prospect... he doesn't project as a 1st liner. He's a 2nd tier prospect, the end. Of course, once the Sabres acquire said player, he's immediately sold as something more.

Hackett is a goalie prospect, they are a dime a dozen, and hold the equivalent of a 2nd round pick in trade value.

the pick, was projected to be a lot lower than 16th, the Wild were leading the division (3 seed) when the trade was made... they had a terrible final 15 games that dropped them to 8th.

Jame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 06:55 PM
La Cosa Nostra
Caporegime

Take on a Lecavalier buy out and be paying on it for 14 seasons ?!?! Yeah, if that's happening #3 overall is the cost and I wouldn't add even a 7th on Buffalos side. Tampa can deal with that albatross contract for a rapidly declining aging center.

La Cosa Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 08:10 PM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number1RedWingsFan52 View Post
Right we can agree that Vinny would resign with Tampa Bay. Still dont see how it's a good deal for Buffalo since there the ones that would have to pay Vinny his money $51 mil is alot of money to dish out for a player that Buffalo would never see and I just dont think that Darcy Reiger would do it.
See, that comes with the assumption of two things that I don't think would be true in that situation:

1. Yzerman wants him back
2. Vinny would want to come back for less money after being asked to waive a no movement clause to get bought out. He'd be pretty ******** about that.

Still All In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 08:12 PM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rschmitz View Post
I don't agree. We are losing two premium prospects in Connolly and the #3 pick. But now lets say Pysyk+16th overall=Connolly

Then its third overall for Vanek and massive cap relief. I personally would want Myers and not Vanek, but we could probably flip him for another stud D prospect. I'd peg Vanek's value as a #5-10 pick.

Depends on what kind of contract Vinny re-signs for. If its for less than a million a year, well then your looking at moving down a few spots in the draft for ~6 million dollars in cap relief over the next 8 years. That is an easy yes for me, and that cap room helps us now and in the future.

I can see the players association signing off on this, but the league would never allow this IMO since it goes against the basic premise behind the salary cap and protecting the lower market teams.

What.

Still All In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 08:24 PM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still All In View Post
See, that comes with the assumption of two things that I don't think would be true in that situation:

1. Yzerman wants him back
2. Vinny would want to come back for less money after being asked to waive a no movement clause to get bought out. He'd be pretty ******** about that.
Right first off it would never happen, I just dont see LeCavalier waiving his NTC to go to Buffalo only to be Boughtout think about it that's pretty stupid and Yzerman would never do that to Vinny he has way to much class and besides once Tampa trades Vinny to Buffalo they lose his rights period if my team did that to me to save some money why would i want to go back to that team.

Number1RedWingsFan52 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 08:28 PM
Rschmitz
Yzermaned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still All In View Post
What.
Why are you confused? Did you read the premise that the OP laid out? In the fantasy land that Vinny is bought out and re-signs with us, signing a sub million dollar contract saves us 6 million-ish in cap space.

Rschmitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 07:38 AM
krt88

Send a message via AIM to krt88
The only REAL problem is that macKinnon is gonna go #2

The rest is just laughable

krt88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 06:46 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Still waiting for any evidence of the claim that a player can only be bought out by the team that signed the initial contract. There is nothing out there other than what was referenced as part of the second buyout period after arbitration.

05-20-2013, 07:35 AM
Jacko95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Still waiting for any evidence of the claim that a player can only be bought out by the team that signed the initial contract. There is nothing out there other than what was referenced as part of the second buyout period after arbitration.
The poster already wrote, that he was wrong, Scott Gomez was the best example.

Jacko95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 07:41 AM
Brooklanders*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmack224 View Post
If Drouin goes 2nd overall to Florida. Its crazy but just wanted to throw it out there.

To Tampa:
Vanek (with Stamkos and St. Louis would be lethal)
Pysyk (young all around defenseman)
16th overall

To Buffalo:
3rd overall (Mackinnon)
Lecavalier (Buyout by Buffalo and resign with Tampa)(if the buyout rule kicks in this summer)
Connolly

Buffalo does this to get the Franchise Center and possible replacement for Vanek in Connolly. Only possible if Pegula is willing to eat the buyout money from Vinny.

Tampa does this to Keep Vinny on a cap friendly contract after he is bought out by Buffalo and resigned. They get Vanek to play on Stamkos wing and in front of the net on the PP. The play making of St. Louis with Stamkos and Vanek would be the most dangerous line in the NHL. Plus they get much needed help on D with Pysyk who is an all around good defenseman who has the chance to be a great all around Defenseman. The 16th pick will also be a good player.
MacKinnon is gonna be a bust but I still don't like this deal. Drouin should go 2 because he will be a star.

Brooklanders* is offline   Reply With Quote