HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Pre-season Finale: Rangers at Bruins

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-30-2006, 06:21 PM
  #151
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug
 
Fire Sather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 19,802
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Man... Jagr and Shanahan at the points of our PP is DEADLY.

Dawes amazing game to boot.

We're ready for the real stuff.

Fire Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 06:37 PM
  #152
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!
 
n8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: san francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 7,404
vCash: 500
shanahan-nylander-jagr
dawes-cullen-prucha
straka-immonen-hall
hollweg-betts-ward

thems some good looking lines! big time scoring threats from three lines. the big line draws all the attention letting the other two scoring lines take advantage of weaker matchups.

my big defense question is, although baranka has been good, who is better? rachunek or rosival? their salaries probably lock them into the roster. sounds like ward and tyutin are solidifying as a pair.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 06:40 PM
  #153
DontStaal
Registered User
 
DontStaal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 1,750
vCash: 500
im very curious to see what happens to our defense this year. I mean Pock, Baranka, Rachunek (who hasnt been playing well)? i guess 2/3 will make the team...

DontStaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 07:13 PM
  #154
shoothepuck
88
 
shoothepuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: upstate
Country: Italy
Posts: 12,197
vCash: 500
Great way to end the pre-season, can't wait for the season opener!!

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 07:24 PM
  #155
Edge
Registered User
 
Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Sin City
Country: United States
Posts: 13,196
vCash: 500
Offense looks solid.

Think they can role 4 solid lines.

Defense still looks shakey to me. Rachunek looks just like he did before he left, a mess.

Push comes to shove I still think the team will need to make a trade for a defenseman. I just don't think the defense as defensive as it needs to be.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 07:39 PM
  #156
DontStaal
Registered User
 
DontStaal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 1,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
Offense looks solid.

Think they can role 4 solid lines.

Defense still looks shakey to me. Rachunek looks just like he did before he left, a mess.

Push comes to shove I still think the team will need to make a trade for a defenseman. I just don't think the defense as defensive as it needs to be.
i agree.... we def coulda used a guy like Jay McKee (dammit JD! )

DontStaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 07:48 PM
  #157
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,661
vCash: 500
dunno, seems like Ward has been doing a good job on D

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 08:14 PM
  #158
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor
 
klingsor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Manhattan
Posts: 14,104
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
dunno, seems like Ward has been doing a good job on D
I love the guy. Wish we coulda had someone like him to play with Leetch after Beuk got backstabbed.

klingsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 08:51 PM
  #159
eco's bones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Elmira NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,501
vCash: 500
A nice end to preseason anyway. Jagr a goal. Shanny a goal. Lundqvist looks ready. And a lot of our youngsters--Dawes, Dubinsky, Baranka, Staal, Montoya look real close while older young guys Immonen and Pock maybe take that final step into the NHL. Yesterday in Hartford's win Falardeau scored twice and Jessiman once and I'm thinking that maybe both of them are going to start contributing this season.

As for our veteran additions--it's hard not to like them either. Shanahan should be a big boost to our top two lines. Cullen looks like a huge improvement over Rucchin.
Hall improves our size and skill on the bottom lines. I don't think he's going to push Prucha off the 2nd. Aaron Ward I expect is going to give our defense steady physical play. Rachunek I'm not so sure about.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 09:49 PM
  #160
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
A nice end to preseason anyway. Jagr a goal. Shanny a goal. Lundqvist looks ready. And a lot of our youngsters--Dawes, Dubinsky, Baranka, Staal, Montoya look real close while older young guys Immonen and Pock maybe take that final step into the NHL. Yesterday in Hartford's win Falardeau scored twice and Jessiman once and I'm thinking that maybe both of them are going to start contributing this season.

As for our veteran additions--it's hard not to like them either. Shanahan should be a big boost to our top two lines. Cullen looks like a huge improvement over Rucchin.
Hall improves our size and skill on the bottom lines. I don't think he's going to push Prucha off the 2nd. Aaron Ward I expect is going to give our defense steady physical play. Rachunek I'm not so sure about.
If Hossa makes the team ahead of Dawes cause of the waiver rule then Sather is sleeping, take anything for Hossa with reasonable of course. Id take a draft pick or mid prospect not counted against the cap, do what the Habs did last year to Hossa, deal him for something so we dont take the chance of losing him for nothing. Do the same to Lampman if possible. A ECHL prospect is better than getting nothing in return. Lampman had injuries, I know his value aint much but that something can turn into an asset down the road.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 11:22 PM
  #161
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.
 
BrooklynRangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn of course
Country: United States
Posts: 10,303
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
shanahan-nylander-jagr
dawes-cullen-prucha
straka-immonen-hall
hollweg-betts-ward
I like those players, but I doubt those'll be the lines that start. I'm thinking more like the follwing lines:

straka-nylander-jagr
prucha-cullen-shanahan
dawes-immonen-hall
hollweg-betts-ward
(Extras: Hossa, Orr)

And the following D pairings:

Malik-Roszival
Tyutin-Ward
Kasparitis-Rachunek
(Extra: Pock)

BrooklynRangersFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 11:23 PM
  #162
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck
 
FLYLine24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
I like those players, but I doubt those'll be the lines that start. I'm thinking more like the follwing lines:

straka-nylander-jagr
prucha-cullen-shanahan
dawes-immonen-hall
hollweg-betts-ward
(Extras: Hossa, Orr)

And the following D pairings:

Malik-Roszival
Tyutin-Ward
Kasparitis-Rachunek
(Extra: Pock)
I agree 100% on those lines(well maybe switch Prucha with Shanny depending on if Shanny plays better at LW then prucha).

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 11:27 PM
  #163
DontStaal
Registered User
 
DontStaal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 1,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
I like those players, but I doubt those'll be the lines that start. I'm thinking more like the follwing lines:

straka-nylander-jagr
prucha-cullen-shanahan
dawes-immonen-hall
hollweg-betts-ward
(Extras: Hossa, Orr)

And the following D pairings:

Malik-Roszival
Tyutin-Ward
Kasparitis-Rachunek
(Extra: Pock)
i must say that looks good! i doubt we'll see straka demoted any where past the 2nd line. The only prob i have with this is maybe the inexperience on the 3rd line. Well as for opening night, i wouldnt mind that offense at all. as for defense, maybe:

Tyutin-Ward
Kaspar-Pock
Malik-Baranka *Rachunek hasn't proven anything to me*

DontStaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 11:31 PM
  #164
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.
 
BrooklynRangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn of course
Country: United States
Posts: 10,303
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
I agree 100% on those lines(well maybe switch Prucha with Shanny depending on if Shanny plays better at LW then prucha).
Certainly.

If the coaching staff wants Hossa in the lineup as they did last year, I wonder who sits? Boy, we're deep in forwards.

D, I'm not so high on - Baranka and Pock should be playing over Rachunek and - dare I say it? - Kasparitis. (But then again, it IS only preseason.)

BrooklynRangersFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 11:41 PM
  #165
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck
 
FLYLine24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Certainly.

If the coaching staff wants Hossa in the lineup as they did last year, I wonder who sits? Boy, we're deep in forwards.

D, I'm not so high on - Baranka and Pock should be playing over Rachunek and - dare I say it? - Kasparitis. (But then again, it IS only preseason.)
yea....Hossa im sorry...with the dept we have now I really think he should sit. Pock i think should be over Baranka (he was bad in todays game..he was on the ice for all 3 GA goals..PP or not it was his man in front). Pock though is ready (and this coming from a anti-pock fan because of his defense last year..the guy is ready...give him a shot. Baranka could use another year in the AHL, definitely a future top 4 dman like he was pegged in the beginning IMO).

I would love to Pock and Karl rotate for the first part of the season to see who earns that spot.

Ahhhhh i can't wait for this season to start!!!


Last edited by FLYLine24: 10-01-2006 at 03:39 PM.
FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 11:44 PM
  #166
Nick00
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,876
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post

D, I'm not so high on - Baranka and Pock should be playing over Rachunek and - dare I say it? - Kasparitis. (But then again, it IS only preseason.)
Even though people will argue it's only preseason, I have to agree with that.
Both Baranka and Pock have played better so far and if that continues there should be changes made.
Something tells me Kaspar is going to have a bad year, he just doesn't look the same.
Rachunek isn't great either but he never really was.

Nick00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2006, 02:01 PM
  #167
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
definitely a future top 4 dman like he was pegged in the beginning).
FLY, whom are you referring to with that comment.... Pock?

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2006, 02:31 PM
  #168
CJB
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 285
vCash: 500
I think Baranka has top 4 potential as an all around defenseman and needs a full year at hartford but Im not really surprise that NYR brass are taking a long look at Baranka.

Regarding Pock I was not enamored with him as his defense was at best shaky the past years but this preseason he has been better. Still its preseason and thats what you can take from this but so far he has done a decent job.

CJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2006, 03:35 PM
  #169
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck
 
FLYLine24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
FLY, whom are you referring to with that comment.... Pock?
Baranka, oops..I was thinking Baranka when i wrote that comment even though i was talking about Pock

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2006, 03:51 PM
  #170
Taz
Registered User
 
Taz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Letchworth
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,235
vCash: 500
Pock is a great skater and brings the puck up and handles it well, great passer and i love him on the PP as his shot finds the target, his defence is a little shakey but i thought it has been solid in preseason...

I am a big fan of Baranka but i doubt they will play him over a Roszival or a rachunek just yet.

Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2006, 06:50 PM
  #171
Balej20*
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 11,045
vCash: 500
when do we find out the final cuts?

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2006, 07:17 PM
  #172
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,910
vCash: 500
Anyone heave clips of the goals? I never got to see any highlights, and not even sure if they had highlights.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:02 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.