HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Would you welcome a Mason/Heeter tandem next year?

View Poll Results: Yes or No
Yes Mason is the guy and Heeter would be fine as backup. 10 11.24%
NO! I want other options. 74 83.15%
I'm unsure. 5 5.62%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old
05-17-2013, 08:48 PM
PhilaFlyers

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by wunderpanda View Post
ok

was just curious
What do you think it would take to get Miller?

PhilaFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 12:30 AM
wunderpanda
Sabretage

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilaFlyers View Post
What do you think it would take to get Miller?
Probably less than people think, maybe Read and conditional pick if Miller signs extension, a better pick if Buffalo retains some of the salary.

I figure cost is low because of crowded goalie market and Buffalo wanting to rebuild, so they are pursuing a trade instead of listening to offers.

wunderpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 04:02 AM
domestique

Quote:
Originally Posted by wunderpanda View Post
Probably less than people think, maybe Read and conditional pick if Miller signs extension, a better pick if Buffalo retains some of the salary.

I figure cost is low because of crowded goalie market and Buffalo wanting to rebuild, so they are pursuing a trade instead of listening to offers.
Isn't Buffalo going to buy out Miller? I do not want Miller's cap hit at 6.25 millon. He is good, but no longer that good.

How about this.... you buy out Miller, we buy out Briere and we both sign each others player for cheap. win-win.

domestique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 05:01 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOREacek View Post
Not at all. I wouldn't even want Heeter as a backup even if we had an allstar, world class goalie like Lundqvist, Rinne or Quick. He doesn't belong in the NHL period.
Unfortunately I have to say I agree with this. None of his technique, foot speed, agility, size or reflexes/hands seemed to be anything beyond a solid AHL guy. So it's not even like there are some superb qualities to build an NHL game around. He is just a solid AHL guy, I agree (not to disrespect him though, there's nothing wrong with that).

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 05:04 AM
CaptPantalones

Quote:
Originally Posted by domestique View Post
Isn't Buffalo going to buy out Miller? I do not want Miller's cap hit at 6.25 millon. He is good, but no longer that good.

How about this.... you buy out Miller, we buy out Briere and we both sign each others player for cheap. win-win.
Buffalo isnt going to buy him out. they want to rebuild with picks and prospects. And Miller will get you a good return

If im dealing with the Flyers, im thinking Miller and 16th for Read, 11th and a small filler

CaptPantalones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 05:10 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptPantalones View Post
Buffalo isnt going to buy him out. they want to rebuild with picks and prospects. And Miller will get you a good return

If im dealing with the Flyers, im thinking Miller and 16th for Read, 11th and a small filler
Done from the Flyers end. Probably not Buffalo though. Read is a nice acquisition but I doubt they'll value him as we do, even if they can sign him. Read's second strong season, especially coming back very early to play hurt, elevates him to almost a Simmonds-level asset in my mind. I still don't think BUffalo does it though unless theres a guy theyre dying to get when the flyers are about to pick.

Old
05-18-2013, 05:18 AM
CaptPantalones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
Done from the Flyers end. Probably not Buffalo though. Read is a nice acquisition but I doubt they'll value him as we do, even if they can sign him. Read's second strong season, especially coming back very early to play hurt, elevates him to almost a Simmonds-level asset in my mind. I still don't think BUffalo does it though unless theres a guy theyre dying to get when the flyers are about to pick.
I definitely think Buffalo is going to try something similar to this at the draft. Maybe not exactly this (or any Miller trade) but a deal that allows them to jump up from 16 to 9-13 if there are 2-3 guys they like on the board @ 8. Much like they did last year and grabbed their top guys on their board after the trade with Calgary

CaptPantalones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 09:32 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptPantalones View Post
I definitely think Buffalo is going to try something similar to this at the draft. Maybe not exactly this (or any Miller trade) but a deal that allows them to jump up from 16 to 9-13 if there are 2-3 guys they like on the board @ 8. Much like they did last year and grabbed their top guys on their board after the trade with Calgary
Do they think Enroth has it like that, that they're willing to deal Miller? I like Miller's game, I'd love to have him here definitely, but that just seems so far fetched. They're screwed for a couple years at least if they deal him.

Old
05-19-2013, 12:00 AM
flyingsouth

Heeter? REALLY?

No no no no no no NO!

Get rid of Bryzgalov, sure, but someone else needs to share the load with Mason.

flyingsouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 05:33 AM
dats81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
Do they think Enroth has it like that, that they're willing to deal Miller? I like Miller's game, I'd love to have him here definitely, but that just seems so far fetched. They're screwed for a couple years at least if they deal him.
They way Enroth is playing at the WC right now, he looks like an NHL starter for sure. Maybe not all-star good but good enough.

However, you don't move a premium piece like Miller for spare parts. He better bring back something that helps them improving their team or he stays.

dats81 is offline   Reply With Quote