HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Bulldogs Camp

Old
09-30-2006, 03:50 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Bulldogs Camp- Who will stay?

What's your evaluation about who will stay and who's Cyclones material? How many players can they keep? Here's the players still at camp now....

FORWARDS (16):

Aubin
Baines
Chipchura
D'Agostini
Ferland
Grabovski
Kostitsyn
Lambert
Lapierre
Lemieux
Locke
Manlow
Milroy
Stewart
Stortini (Edmonton prospect, if he's there, should really have a guaranteed spot.
Neilson (injured)

D-MEN (11) :

Archer (injured)
Benoit
Coté (injured)
Crawford
Gleed
Groulx
Jancevski
O'Byrne
Sanford
Dulac (injured)
Traverse

GOALIES (3) :

Danis
Halak
Desjardins

The Dogs site is saying 15 forwards, 9 d-men, I believe they're not even counting Neilson, Sanford and Dulac who must be Cincinnati bound.

Last edited by Whitesnake: 10-04-2006 at 06:49 PM.
Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 04:12 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Beaulieu, Crawford, Gleed, Joanisse, Martin, imo should be gone at some point but with Archer out for 3+ weeks and Cote around the same time plus no word on what the team will do with Sanford. So I would think Gleed would take over for Archer until he's back since he's a right d and perhaps St-Denis will get a spot since it sounds like he's played well so far. I don't know how Joanisse is doing but I'd like to see him in Cincinnati, Martin is already signed by the Cyclones.

I suspect Bonneau, Stewart and perhaps others will be sent down. I like the way Pegoraro plays, hard working and strong on the forecheck. I hope he's signed, send him to Cincinnati.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2006, 05:37 PM
caper13

after listening to the hamilton game tonight gleeb o-byrne benoit will be there for sure the guys played great and didnt even have kost. or grabs. in lineup .

caper13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2006, 12:35 AM
yvan74

what will the d lineup look when all healthy?

would this be possible?

cote-jancevsky
traverse-benoit
o'byrne-archer

groux?
gleed?
sandford?

could we do without 2 of these guys?(cote,jancevsky or traverse)?

yvan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2006, 01:10 AM
SpezNc

lapierre, chipchura and milroy were great yesterday !

(FIRST EXHIBITION BULLDOGS'S WIN)
two goals for Lapierre and Milroy... 3 assists for Chippy!!!

SpezNc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2006, 01:58 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvan74 View Post
what will the d lineup look when all healthy?

would this be possible?

cote-jancevsky
traverse-benoit
o'byrne-archer

groux?
gleed?
sandford?

could we do without 2 of these guys?(cote,jancevsky or traverse)?
I don't think Traverse would make it through waivers, I'd guess that the sharks would claim him if he's sent down, which I suspect he will be.

O'B plays on the right side. no word on Sanford yet either, the guy did led the team in scoring for defensemen and he has a contract but who knows what they do with him.

It could be november before both Archer and Cote are 100%, but after that I suspect Gleed will be sent down. Dogs look to have a solid all round defense with Cote, Jancevski, Groulx, Benoit, Archer, O'Byrne plus maybe Sanford or Gleed or perhaps St-Denis.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2006, 12:31 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

With the cuts today only those players remain at camp:

FORWARDS (18):

Aubin
Baines
Bonneau
Chipchura
D'Agostini
Ferland
Grabovski
Kostitsyn
Lambert
Lapierre
Lemieux
Locke
Manlow
Milroy
Stewart
Stortini (Edmonton prospect, if he's there, should really have a guaranteed spot.
Urquhart
Neilson (injured)

D-MEN (11) :

Archer (injured)
Benoit
Coté (injured)
Crawford
Gleed
Groulx
Jancevski
O'Byrne
Sanford ???
Traverse ???
Dulac (injured)

GOALIES (3) :

Danis
Halak
Desjardins

So again if they keep 14 forwards and 7 d-men, 3 more forwards to cut and 2 more d-men.....But with Archer's and Coté's injuries and Sanford's and Traverse's status, what you see right now might be what you will have for the beginning of season depending also where will Traverse will be as far as d-men are concerned.

Mathieu Aubin seems to be making some room for himself with the Dogs and that would be nice to see!!!

Last edited by Whitesnake: 10-02-2006 at 01:05 PM.
Old
10-02-2006, 12:36 PM
Quiet Robert

Cory "Rocks my Heart" Urqhart seems to be at the end of the road.

Such a disapointing pick. I'm still mad about it. The 2003 draft was so amazing and the 2nd round had so many good players, but we go and pick Urquhart...bleh. You can't win 'em all I guess.

Overall it seems like we'll field a pretty deep team, but also a younger team than we've had in recent years. Even so, I think we're looking at a pretty strong team this year.

Quiet Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2006, 12:51 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Robert View Post
Cory "Rocks my Heart" Urqhart seems to be at the end of the road.

Such a disapointing pick. I'm still mad about it. The 2003 draft was so amazing and the 2nd round had so many good players, but we go and pick Urquhart...bleh. You can't win 'em all I guess.

Overall it seems like we'll field a pretty deep team, but also a younger team than we've had in recent years. Even so, I think we're looking at a pretty strong team this year.
I really look forward to this team even though there will some rookies in there, they have a bunch of everything that you need to have a great and winning team.

As far as Urquhart is concerned, let's stop talking about that, please, I will cry.....And again, it has nothing to do with Bergeron, I would not have picked him, nobody would, but I didn't want Urquhart at all. I was really high on......Lapierre actually but when I saw O'Sullivan dropping that much, I hoped the Habs would've picked him. Sure he had personal problems, but his skill was too hard to pass on and we did but so did tons of other teams.....But was glad then that we picked Lapierre after. But I still, to this day, don't understand the Urquhart pick.....looked so much like the Chouinard pick, don't understand to make another similar mistake while the lesson was so hard to digest.....I don't know how many games he played compared to Aubin, but with what I've heard for the commentators and on the scoring sheet, I do believe Aubin passed on Urquhart at the center position, but Aubin might be used on the wings as well.....

Old
10-02-2006, 12:54 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
With the cuts today only those players remain at camp:

FORWARDS (17):

Aubin
Baines
Bonneau
Chipchura
D'Agostini
Ferland
Grabovski
Kostitsyn
Lambert
Lapierre
Lemieux
Locke
Manlow
Milroy
Stewart
Urquhart

D-MEN (10) :

Archer
Benoit
Coté
Crawford
Gleed
Groulx
Jancevski
O'Byrne
Sanford ???
Traverse ???

GOALIES (3) :

Danis
Halak
Desjardins

So again if they keep 14 forwards and 7 d-men, 3 more forwards to cut and 2 more d-men.....But with Archer's and Coté's injuries and Sanford's and Traverse's status, what you see right now might be what you will have for the beginning of season depending also where will Traverse will be as far as d-men are concerned.

Mathieu Aubin seems to be making some room for himself with the Dogs and that would be nice to see!!!
we can probably assume Eric Neilson and Alex Dulac-Lemelin are there too but are injured

Habs Prospects website
habsprospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2006, 01:03 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by thief50 View Post
we can probably assume Eric Neilson and Alex Dulac-Lemelin are there too but are injured
True. But with the guys already there, definately Cincinnati bound for both of them in my opinion. But I'll add them to the post.