HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Lucic vs Neil

Old
04-29-2013, 05:36 PM
Kevin8se7en
Unregistered User

vCash: 500
bla bla bla...

I'd give the slight edge to Neil. Maybe it's because I'm Bias as a Sens fan... IDK.. so It's probably a draw. I could see Lucic getting a slight advantage as well, but personally I liked Neil 52/48 or something close like that.

Either way - good fight - very close to a draw if not one.

Kevin8se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 07:37 PM
T M L
Make Belief Captain

Not a Sens fan, but Neil is a tough guy for sure. He may have won this tilt, but it was close.

T M L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 09:28 PM
roflstomper
I don't row.

Lucic let him off the hook when he fell. Almost ended up losing though. Slight edge to Lucic.

roflstomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 09:45 PM
ObjectiveOpinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandysan View Post
I did watch the game, the sportnest feed on nbc. Lucic was engaging physically before neil asked him to go, so much so that the sportsnet announcers said EXPLICITLY that's why Neil asked lucic to dance.

I dont think lucic is afraid of neil, I'd be surprised if he is. But for a guy who was bordering on being a healthy scratch for being invisible about a week ago, to me Lucic played a lot more like that after the neil fight. Which is why neil did what he did.
I'm not going to argue with you about this, I'll just say that your previous statement was flat out wrong. He was physically engaged before the fight, fought, and then was physically engaged after.

So your second point is that if he was engaged after the fight, he was slightly less engaged than he was before, so kudos to Neil for achieving that. I think we can all just collectively laugh at that.

ObjectiveOpinion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 10:22 PM
BudMovin*
Mung Dealer

Quote:
I did watch the game, the sportnest feed on nbc. Lucic was engaging physically before neil asked him to go, so much so that the sportsnet announcers said EXPLICITLY that's why Neil asked lucic to dance.

I dont think lucic is afraid of neil, I'd be surprised if he is. But for a guy who was bordering on being a healthy scratch for being invisible about a week ago, to me Lucic played a lot more like that after the neil fight. Which is why neil did what he did.

Daring statement.

BudMovin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 10:14 AM
sandysan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObjectiveOpinion View Post
I'm not going to argue with you about this, I'll just say that your previous statement was flat out wrong. He was physically engaged before the fight, fought, and then was physically engaged after.

So your second point is that if he was engaged after the fight, he was slightly less engaged than he was before, so kudos to Neil for achieving that. I think we can all just collectively laugh at that.
so you agree with me then ? Lucic was less physical after the fight then before. good job on neil.

And drop the tough guy act who thinks that assertive proclamations are a surrogate for opinion or fact. I never said he was not physical after the fight, I said he more closely resembled the lucic who was invisible ( not that he was invisible). And you dont speak for any collective that I recognize.

If stating ones opinion with conviction ( "you are flat out wrong") is now somehow a replacement for sound arguments or debate, I proclaim you a pink unicorn. a completely pink unicorn.

If you dont think that lucic was running around why would neil be so strongly in favor of dropping them ? Its not like he didnt have his choice of fight partners and there was little strategic advantage of fighting at that time based on the score. and the fact that the sportsnet announcers saw it the same way as I did, must invalidate my opinion because those guys are " tools" or whatever pejorative du jour you chose.

Neil wanted to fight lucic when there was no strategic reason to do so, afterwards neil didnt seem to be all that interested in lucic as he pretty much held his own in the tilt ( i have it as a draw). Neil did what he was supposed to, lucic answered the bell when some say he had no obligation to do so and the two guys had a pretty even tilt.

what's the problem again ?

sandysan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 10:15 AM
sandysan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudMovin View Post

Daring statement.
a fight three years ago ? lucic isnt a goon and neil is a good/great middleweight but he's still not in lucics weight class. Even at the end of a shift, he was willing to go.

Old
04-30-2013, 10:30 AM
Trognitz

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2ODP View Post
Solid draw, although you can argue an edge either way.
agreement sometimes i see a slight edge Neil.

anybody who says they wouldn't want both guys playing for their team is delusional.

Trognitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 10:42 AM
bb_fan

Quote:
so you agree with me then ? Lucic was less physical after the fight then before. good job on neil.
give a it a rest. you are just plain wrong.

bb_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 11:03 AM
SPV
Zoinks!

Thought this was a draw. Looch had him early, and then lost him after he let Neil up. I think he was completely gassed and looking for the fight to end, but Neil is a bulldog and doesn't go away. He did the same thing in that pre-season fight that Lucic bloodied him up; he just kept coming.

Neil might not be considered a "heavyweight" (which those terms make me laugh) but he is a very good fighter. I'd love him in Boston. Hardly the kind of guy a 'spot picker' would choose to fight!!

SPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 11:09 AM
Trognitz

theweight class thing is kinda....hard to live with. Domi was no doubt a heavy, guya like Schultz of Washington r big enuff but crappy as fighters. c
all him a heavyweight ?

Trognitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 11:21 AM
DuckedUpOnQuack

Send a message via MSN to DuckedUpOnQuack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trognitz View Post
theweight class thing is kinda....hard to live with. Domi was no doubt a heavy, guya like Schultz of Washington r big enuff but crappy as fighters. call him a heavyweight ?
I think this is where the distinction between heavyweight and enforcer comes into play. Most people use the terms interchangeably, which is incorrect. A heavyweight does not equal enforcer.

DuckedUpOnQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 12:08 PM
sandysan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb_fan View Post
give a it a rest. you are just plain wrong.
it must be nice to live in a world where everyone who has a different opinion of something than you do, is defacto wrong. how can you argue with such profound analyses ?

please accept my humblest appologies.

Old
04-30-2013, 01:41 PM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trognitz View Post
agreement sometimes i see a slight edge Neil.

anybody who says they wouldn't want both guys playing for their team is delusional.
When people thought the Sens were done I suggested the Bs go after Neil. Funny some of my non favorite Bruins are ones it seems that Bruins fans don't like that much.

Neil
Hartnell
Malkin
Clowe

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2013, 08:21 PM
BruinsNeedaRussian

vCash: 1340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi Coastal Bawse View Post
When people thought the Sens were done I suggested the Bs go after Neil. Funny some of my non favorite Bruins are ones it seems that Bruins fans don't like that much.

Neil
Hartnell
Malkin
Clowe
Haven't heard of many Bruins fans disliking Neil or Clowe. Especially Neil, from what I have seen, he is very respected in Boston.

BruinsNeedaRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 12:54 AM
westernhome

I wonder if this kind of thing will cause future fights to forget about "the code" a bit and go for that one extra punch to make sure a guy is out of the fight, there is no doubt that if Lucic had wanted to he could have hurt Neil while he was going down, instead he held back and let Neil get back up and the fight continued when it shouldn't have

we have seen lots of fights where a guy is really angry and gives that extra shot when the guy is down, if Lucic does that here we would have seen a TKO win for Lucic I think

westernhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2013, 01:35 AM
Milan the God*
king karlsson

vCash: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by westernhome View Post
I wonder if this kind of thing will cause future fights to forget about "the code" a bit and go for that one extra punch to make sure a guy is out of the fight, there is no doubt that if Lucic had wanted to he could have hurt Neil while he was going down, instead he held back and let Neil get back up and the fight continued when it shouldn't have

we have seen lots of fights where a guy is really angry and gives that extra shot when the guy is down, if Lucic does that here we would have seen a TKO win for Lucic I think
Another option would have been for Lucic to skate away when Neil goes down. I'm sure Neil would want to continue, but Lucic also has a day in it. He doesn't break the code and still wins the fight.

McLaren on Toronto did this against Kassian this year. For him down and skated away. Kassian wanted to keep going but McLaren was gone. He got the win and didn't break the code.

Milan the God* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 06:17 AM
Rookie Chargers

Send a message via ICQ to Rookie Chargers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi Coastal Bawse View Post
Lucic was at the end of a shift and Neil just started his and Lucic still won. Nice ******** move by Neil. Lucic thought the fight was over and Neil got back up throwing at him.

**** the code Looch should have unloaded on him when he was on the ice.
I don't know the facts on their shifts but from someone who hasn't been overly impressed since his $4mil contract. He should have kicked Neil's butt back to Ottawa and ****** the code. I really don't think Lucic has been the same since Komisarek.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
Not sure what fight you are watching but I dont see a clear win by Lucic there...not at all actually. And whats the problem with Neil wanting to get up and continue the fighting? I dont get it.
Like to put words in people's mouths do we? He just said ''still won'' which is debatable. I too think Lucic got the edge, depends when one stops/continues to take the points.

Neil is jack--s, he has been in the ring long enough to know when someone has just let up on him. He wouldn't think twice about pounding a downed fighter.

Had Lucic pounded him to the end you would be here about that. I know I would but partially because it was Neil.

Rookie Chargers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 07:27 AM
ObjectiveOpinion

Quote:
it must be nice to live in a world where everyone who has a different opinion of something than you do, is defacto wrong. how can you argue with such profound analyses ?

please accept my humblest appologies.
The thing is, the "different opinion" you're talking about isn't shared by any sane person that watched this game. It's called a "false equivalency."

You can argue the degree to which he was physical after the fight all you want, but the fact is, he was statistically as physical as he was before the fight.

ObjectiveOpinion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 01:13 PM
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObjectiveOpinion View Post
Lucic clearly stopped after Neil hit the ice. This is where I hate "the code" a little. If Lucic kept hitting him, clear win Lucic, but since he was respectful of "the code" Neil gets up and keeps throwing. Narrow win Lucic.
Pretty much this. Plus the whole "Lucic at the end of a long shift" thing... pretty decisive win by Lucic with that accounted for.

PatriceBergeronFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 02:35 PM
H2ODP

vCash: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanHortonFan View Post
Pretty much this. Plus the whole "Lucic at the end of a long shift" thing... pretty decisive win by Lucic with that accounted for.
Sounds like a bunch of excuses to me.. Just analyze the fight and call it what it is.

H2ODP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 10:38 PM
Polo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie Chargers View Post
I don't know the facts on their shifts but from someone who hasn't been overly impressed since his $4mil contract. He should have kicked Neil's butt back to Ottawa and ****** the code. I really don't think Lucic has been the same since Komisarek.

Like to put words in people's mouths do we? He just said ''still won'' which is debatable. I too think Lucic got the edge, depends when one stops/continues to take the points.

Neil is jack--s, he has been in the ring long enough to know when someone has just let up on him. He wouldn't think twice about pounding a downed fighter.

Had Lucic pounded him to the end you would be here about that. I know I would but partially because it was Neil.
The clear win was meant for someone else. Thanks.

Anyways, so whats your point here? Lucic is respectful and Neil isnt? Youre right Neil would have continued hitting him. Im not disagreeing with you but this is why Neil has the reputation as a punk and Lucic doesnt. Any guy who lets the guy off his knees is doing the right thing..if they dont ..its cheap.

There was a scrap and I cant remember who was on top of Chara but Chara threw his hands up kind of like hey man youre on top of me ..dont be a punk and hit me while im down...and the guy quickly realized it would be cheap..and let up and didnt hit him. Its just the right thing to do and tonnes of guys let the other guy up. This isnt new.

Polo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 09:09 PM
The Expert
Registered Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
The clear win was meant for someone else. Thanks.

Anyways, so whats your point here? Lucic is respectful and Neil isnt? Youre right Neil would have continued hitting him. Im not disagreeing with you but this is why Neil has the reputation as a punk and Lucic doesnt. Any guy who lets the guy off his knees is doing the right thing..if they dont ..its cheap.

There was a scrap and I cant remember who was on top of Chara but Chara threw his hands up kind of like hey man youre on top of me ..dont be a punk and hit me while im down...and the guy quickly realized it would be cheap..and let up and didnt hit him. Its just the right thing to do and tonnes of guys let the other guy up. This isnt new.

That Chara fight you're referring to was with Neil.

The Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 04:22 PM
Bullvyne666

Im a huge Bruins fan and i would Love Neil on the Bruins. Love this guys game.

Bullvyne666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 06:43 AM
Mr Celly

Love Neil, but I'd rather Lucic. More skill.

Mr Celly is online now   Reply With Quote