HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Wings humiliate the Hawks 4-1

Old
05-18-2013, 04:50 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

vCash: 500
Mark Lazerus ‏@MarkLazerus 33m
Corey Crawford was asked if he's starting to feel the presence and pressure of Ray Emery behind him more now. #Really? #Blackhawks

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 05:30 PM
hawksfan50

Yes Crawford let in 2 goals gop goalies stop but stillthe way the team xid mot show up in front of him...we still lose that game...outcoached...outhustled...outworked on the puck...out-willed and out-wanted plus ee committed egregious miscues...The team was made to look like AHLers by DET...espevially Seabrook who has gotten slower yhan slow and forgets how to skate and hustle...but in reality most of our team stunk this game because they did not want it bad enough to compete. ..Howard could have read a book back there or taken a nap...so disinterested were we in firing puvks st him....Nobody led us by example...Kane scored a goal but otherwkse No Difference-Maker he...Toews handled and neutralized(nlw 16 straight plahoff home games for him without a goal...WTF? So stars,individual,and Team vame all were feces this game...hopefully we get at leasy 2 of these 3 aspects showing up for us nrct game...se play pretty good on thrir ice...maybe because it is in bdttdr condition and our psssing gets crisper...still must make Howard wofk up a sweat...he could have left the net unguarded this game and se still would have had little interest in getting puvks on net..this disinterest bh us is unacceptable..I can live with miscues or DET creating scoring chances..I cannot abide our disinterest increating svoring chances on them...when they do and we do not---that spells ceftain loss...as per today's embarassement.

hawksfan50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 05:35 PM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patkane View Post
Bolland and Carcillo should not play anymore. Totally useless.
100% agreement. Talk about selfish stuff from Stalberg (speculation anyway) Bolland was lazy as could be on the 1st and last goal while doing his normal yapping. Rat? More like mouse beotch.

Carcillo, just clueless.

So now we have line 3 screwed up, saw Bickell looking longingly to right wing for a hoister breakout and saw only Shaw, so sad.

Toews has had separation with the puck once in playoffs, against Wild. He has been totally neutralized.

PP still blows.

Marotte Marauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 05:38 PM
Marina
Steve Holt!

The loss sucks and their lack of effort was even more disappointing but they'll bounce back next game. At least Kane finally got a goal, for all the good that did. I'm getting kind of frustrated with Toews though. You can argue intangibles all you want but 3 points in 7 games is way below his usual standards, he needs to step it up. Hopefully Stalberg is back next game and the Hawks stop taking so many stupid penalties.

Marina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 05:58 PM
Sevanston

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuySez View Post
Yup, Q got checkmated.
More like Q's attempt at a 4-move checkmate got blocked.

Still plenty of chess left to play.

Sevanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 05:58 PM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
Time to get Stalberg back in.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 05:59 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
Mark Lazerus ‏@MarkLazerus 33m
Corey Crawford was asked if he's starting to feel the presence and pressure of Ray Emery behind him more now. #Really? #Blackhawks

Hawks should fire those reporters tonight.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 06:10 PM
Bring Back GLR
Commit to the Indian

This loss was inexcusable, Wings did not add anybody to their line up this year of significance, they lost Lidstrom and they barely made the playoffs as it was and we played like we were the 2006 hawks. I'm so ****ing pissed off right now.

Toews as well wtf we need some goals man. *****ing to the refs is a waste of time as well.

Bring Back GLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 06:15 PM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
How are the Hawks going to fire people who don't work for them?

Sir Psycho T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 06:16 PM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

That loss sucked, time to step up the game Hawks.

Q message sent, get Stalberg out there and take Carcillo off.

Sir Psycho T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 07:50 PM
mikitas donut
The Hammer!

I remember they got trashed by Vancouver at home the year they won the cup. Not worried yet.

Still disgraceful though.

mikitas donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 07:56 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring Back GLR View Post
This loss was inexcusable, Wings did not add anybody to their line up this year of significance, they lost Lidstrom and they barely made the playoffs as it was and we played like we were the 2006 hawks. I'm so ****ing pissed off right now.

Toews as well wtf we need some goals man. *****ing to the refs is a waste of time as well.
The Wings are still the Wings. Zetterberg and Datsyuk were going to make this a series no matter what.

I didn't see the game today, but I'm glad I didn't. This was the Hawks first bad loss of the post-season. The Hawks got ***** slapped twice by Vancouver in round 2 the year they won the Cup. People need to step off the ledge.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 08:07 PM
Trance Kuja
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Horrible effort all around. Stalberg has to be back in the lineup next game. This game was a wake up call. Regroup and get it together.

Trance Kuja is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 08:11 PM
BobbyJet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring Back GLR View Post

It's the difference between regular season and PO's. I don't care what the hit count was on paper, Wings played the gritty, hungry, desperate hockey needed in the PO's. Hawks have not come close to that in this season's PO's, and unless they do, they are gone this series.

As for the crap we saw from Bolland today, it was a desperation of a different sort. Their bottom 6 kicked our bottom 6 ***** badly.

As for Carcillo. He looked bad as well, but he hasn't played enough hockey to compete at this stage, and we will need his tougher presence if we can get past Wings... so the dilemna Q has: Does he continue to keep Carcillo in the line-up to help him get back into shape or does he sit him knowing he still won't be at his best in future rounds (assuming we get there)? You all know how I feel. Play Carcillo, play Stalberg, sit Kruger. Too bad it won't happen.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 09:15 PM
Se7en Bladez

Smith in for Carbomb. He also has playoff experience
Remake the third line, by reinserting stalls and putting shaw to 3c.
4th line will have Smith- Krugs- Fro
3rd line: Stalls- Shaw- Bickell
Wings third and fourth line has been killing us.

Last edited by Se7en Bladez: 05-18-2013 at 09:53 PM.
Se7en Bladez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 12:30 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

something that worries me about the game is that if the Hawks could get knocked off play that much against the Wings - what's going to happen if they advance and end up facing the Kings

Old
05-19-2013, 12:46 AM
Pez68
Fire Quenneville

They came out flat and weren't ready to play. Happen a few times during 2010 as well. Nothing to panic about yet.

Pez68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 02:14 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Such a stupid comment...

IU Hawks fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 03:56 AM
Hawks82

Horrible game...other than Kane getting off the schnide there wasn't anything to get excited about.

Also hated Toews post game whining about the refs. No need to complain about them when you've played like dog **** offensively for pretty much the entire playoffs.

I hope Stalberg is back in the lineup for game 3.

Hawks82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 08:17 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

we just need to win Game 3

we didn't show up and they did.

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 10:55 AM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez68 View Post
They came out flat and weren't ready to play. Happen a few times during 2010 as well. Nothing to panic about yet.
This. Reminded me of the blowout game against Vancouver where Niemi got pulled for Huet. Hopefully this game was an isolated incident.

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 11:19 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks82 View Post
Horrible game...other than Kane getting off the schnide there wasn't anything to get excited about.

Also hated Toews post game whining about the refs. No need to complain about them when you've played like dog **** offensively for pretty much the entire playoffs.

Toews is way too much of a whiner for my liking. This isn't the first time he's complained to press about something in annoying fashion. He comes off as childish.

Old
05-19-2013, 11:20 AM
RFIP
I LOVE CRAWFORD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks82 View Post

Like I always tell my coaches; when you get your azz kicked just shut your mouth and go home. When you whine in a blow out YOU look like the idiot.

Toews needs to lead, not whine.

We'll see tomorrow night.

RFIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 12:50 PM
BobbyJet

Toews, of all people, should know that Wings play a sneaky dirty game with borderline interference all over the ice. They have played like that foerever. He got slew footed once and cross checked in the neck, both uncalled, so he had good reason to be pissed, but whining like that just reinforces that Wings frustated us on our home ice. It is also out of character for Toews, so that, and his play overall leads me to believe there is more going on. Possibly Q burnt him out by playing him way too much in the regular season. I hope not, but that's how it appears. When he gets outmuscled and intimidated by Zetterburg, it gets my attention.

And Saad is having a lot of trouble burying his chances. As I said before this series began, I'd like to see Stalberg and Saad change places for stints in a game in an effort to get both of these guys going.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 01:24 PM
Gabranth
#19 #88

Toews needs to step it up in the playoffs... seriously.

Gabranth is offline   Reply With Quote