HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

All Prospect Talk Part 2

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-16-2013, 02:10 PM
  #251
ChiGuySez
Showtime
 
ChiGuySez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 4,877
vCash: 500
Im pretty impressed with the d men from Sweden. Hjalmarsson and even Dahlbeck. They seem to be well schooled for d zone play.

Huge guys I have concerns about mobility. That said, it will be interesting to see how Svedberg does.

ChiGuySez is offline  
Old
05-16-2013, 05:25 PM
  #252
KRM
Registered User
 
KRM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Gothenburg
Country: Sweden
Posts: 10,966
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
I'm somewhat surprised he came over to N.A, with only an AHL deal. The Hawks probably have some sort of arrangement with him that if he does 'x', they'll sign him to an NHL deal.

Glad the Hogs signed him though.
Wasn't offered a new contract by Frölunda, don't think any other SEL teams were willing to take a shot at him so it was either AHL or Allsvenskan (Swe-2). My guess.

I really like Svedberg and did not appreciate the decision not to extend him. He showed that some flashes of brilliance last year and adapted nice from junior to senior hockey. This year he never really got a chance and was mostly used on the PK when other defencemen were penalized.

I hope he does well in the AHL, and I think his playing style suits smaller rinks much better.

KRM is offline  
Old
05-16-2013, 05:34 PM
  #253
Spectra
Registered boozer
 
Spectra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 972
vCash: 500
Yes, this is awesome news, Svedberg has some skills and can skate for a big guy. Doesn't really hit but hopefully he can improve his physical play and the smaller ice will be better for him. A free prospect so no risk for the Hawks if he doesn't work out.

Spectra is offline  
Old
05-16-2013, 07:05 PM
  #254
Blue Liner
Registered User
 
Blue Liner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 4,246
vCash: 500
Yeah he moves really well. That's what impressed me the most given his size. Great move signing him. As stated, not much to lose. Look forward to seeing how he does.

Blue Liner is offline  
Old
05-16-2013, 08:16 PM
  #255
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo
 
HockeySensible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,773
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRM View Post
Wasn't offered a new contract by Frölunda, don't think any other SEL teams were willing to take a shot at him so it was either AHL or Allsvenskan (Swe-2). My guess.

I really like Svedberg and did not appreciate the decision not to extend him. He showed that some flashes of brilliance last year and adapted nice from junior to senior hockey. This year he never really got a chance and was mostly used on the PK when other defencemen were penalized.

I hope he does well in the AHL, and I think his playing style suits smaller rinks much better.
Appreciate the scouting report.

HockeySensible is offline  
Old
05-18-2013, 08:58 AM
  #256
hawksfan50
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,827
vCash: 500
Changing the subject....we get to view CARRUTH in a Memorial Cup Game today as Portland plays Halifax....IS "THE TRUTH" really our future in net assuming Crawford gets too cap expensive when his contract is up..Or do we still.need to keep adding TOP goalie prospects to the pipeline NOW. ..as in using our first rounder on a goalie? Big test for Mac against the vaunted stacked Halifax team including McKinnon and Drouin...but also big test for Fucale in the Halifax net though I only rate him as the 5th ranked goalie for the draft. ..not the consensus tlp rated goalie per most scouting services..Carruth is already 21..Fucale only turns 18 on May 28...My hunch is that Portland lihts up Fucale. ..but will Carruth be as good as he was in the WHL playoffs? If he is, in this game and the rest of the Mem Cup, then maybe Stan sillnot take a goalie with kur first rounder..If CARRUTH plays just ok. ..just average then maybe Stan must vo goalie in the draft...Is " THE TRUTH" for real or just another false hope as the soon needed possible replacement for Crawford if he gets too expensive and a Cap issue when his contract expires?

hawksfan50 is offline  
Old
05-18-2013, 05:21 PM
  #257
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!
 
UsernameWasTaken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,577
vCash: 500
The recent NHL 36 for the blackhawks makes it sound like they're going to sign TT soon and assign him to Rockford next year (in the NHL thread I posted all the videos for the episode..a.nd in the 8th one it sounds like they're discussing Teuvo).

UsernameWasTaken is offline  
Old
05-18-2013, 06:51 PM
  #258
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo
 
HockeySensible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,773
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
The recent NHL 36 for the blackhawks makes it sound like they're going to sign TT soon and assign him to Rockford next year (in the NHL thread I posted all the videos for the episode..a.nd in the 8th one it sounds like they're discussing Teuvo).
Yeah, they were definitely talking about Teuvo. Anyone else notice McDonough didn't say, "we", he said, "they", as in the hockey operations side (Bowman, McIver, Gauthier, etc). That's a good thing, whether people think it means anything or not.

If the Hawks were intending on signing Teuvo this off-season, it'd be interesting to see if he could play in Chicago next year. It would depend on his transition - and I should say that, personally, I'd be surprised if Teuvo came over next year (seems unconventional for high-end European prospects) - but if he can transition, the Hawks could add another top-6 forward for nothing.

Teravainen - Toews - Hossa
Sharp - ??(LeBlanc/Pirri/UFA) - Kane
Bickell - Bolland - Saad
Shaw - Kruger - Smith

HockeySensible is offline  
Old
05-18-2013, 07:38 PM
  #259
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!
 
UsernameWasTaken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,577
vCash: 500
I'm sure that McD, etc. wouldn't care that much about signing prospects...given that the terms of rookie contracts are capped in the CBA.

He says that there plan is to assign him to Rockford next year...and presumably they would have discussed it with him/his agent. Maybe it's going to be like Kruger where they'll just bring him over and let him play on whichever team he's ready for (ie. the Hawks or Rockford).

Maybe his skill will be sufficient that his lack of size won't be too much of a problem. Kane played at Teuvo's age and was fine despite his size (although Kane had also grown up playing North American style hockey).

In any event, I"ll be really happy if he comes over next year - it will be great to see him.

I'm watching the Memorial Cup game b/w the Winterhawks and the Mooseheads. Carruth is horrible. It's halfway through the 2nd and he's given up 4 goals (including 3 this period). It's disturbing that he's an OA player and this is how he plays. Not impressed at all

The anthem singer had some trouble with the US anthem tonight



Last edited by UsernameWasTaken: 05-18-2013 at 07:44 PM.
UsernameWasTaken is offline  
Old
05-18-2013, 07:54 PM
  #260
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo
 
HockeySensible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,773
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
I'm sure that McD, etc. wouldn't care that much about signing prospects...given that the terms of rookie contracts are capped in the CBA.

He says that there plan is to assign him to Rockford next year...and presumably they would have discussed it with him/his agent. Maybe it's going to be like Kruger where they'll just bring him over and let him play on whichever team he's ready for (ie. the Hawks or Rockford).

Maybe his skill will be sufficient that his lack of size won't be too much of a problem. Kane played at Teuvo's age and was fine despite his size (although Kane had also grown up playing North American style hockey).

In any event, I"ll be really happy if he comes over next year - it will be great to see him.

I'm watching the Memorial Cup game b/w the Winterhawks and the Mooseheads. Carruth is horrible. It's halfway through the 2nd and he's given up 4 goals (including 3 this period). It's disturbing that he's an OA player and this is how he plays. Not impressed at all

The anthem singer had some trouble with the US anthem tonight

Didn't see anything in the video about discussing it with his agent - or Teuvo, for that matter - all he said was that they're going to try and sign him and assign him to Rockford. Obviously, from what I've seen, I don't think he'll spend too much time there as long as his transition goes smoothly. If it does, he'll be in the NHL quickly, if not he'll play it out in Rockford, and would add to an already offensively gifted Rockford team.

As for Carruth, he definitely hasn't looked good tonight. But it's one game. The fact that he's an OA means nothing. He's in his first Mem. Cup. He's obviously nervous and it's shown in his game. He'll need to bounce back though, that's for sure.

And I was just facepalming watching her completely blank on the American anthem. I felt so bad for her. She made an early mistake and completely lost it from there. Thankfully the fans handled it well, and to an extent saved her - she still suffered through the rest of the song, mumbling to finally capping off the ending.

HockeySensible is offline  
Old
05-18-2013, 09:29 PM
  #261
hawksfan50
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,827
vCash: 500
Well "THE TRUTH" turned out to be "THE LIE"...was a shaky seive tonight allowing 7 goals against Halifax and making Mackinnon look Crosbyish which he is not...I watched the game and Carruth let down his team. ..5 softy goals and 2 declection goals that great goalies also should stop..one deflected straight through the wickets aother he was tooslow moving his legs in reaction...ok maybe a Mackinnon tkp infrom directly in front of his goal crease unguarded was not his fault but top goalies make that save too..point is he was ATROCIOUS..I do not think it was just a bad night..but technically I DO NOT LIKE HOW HE MOVEs...very slow and down on his knees a lot and slow to get up or move legs over..tlnivht he also had no focus..slow covering pucks in his crease..did not cover to his posts well on stuff attempts..poor technique.. NOT THAT FUCALE IS A Solution either...we need a top goalie prospect in our pipeline...Draft TRSTAN JARRY or PHILLIPE. DESROSIERS..the 2 best draft eligible goalies I have seen this year..they are the real deals in net...

hawksfan50 is offline  
Old
05-18-2013, 09:33 PM
  #262
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 100,744
vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Yeah, they were definitely talking about Teuvo. Anyone else notice McDonough didn't say, "we", he said, "they", as in the hockey operations side (Bowman, McIver, Gauthier, etc). That's a good thing, whether people think it means anything or not.

If the Hawks were intending on signing Teuvo this off-season, it'd be interesting to see if he could play in Chicago next year. It would depend on his transition - and I should say that, personally, I'd be surprised if Teuvo came over next year (seems unconventional for high-end European prospects) - but if he can transition, the Hawks could add another top-6 forward for nothing.

Teravainen - Toews - Hossa
Sharp - ??(LeBlanc/Pirri/UFA) - Kane
Bickell - Bolland - Saad
Shaw - Kruger - Smith
Why is Saad demoted to 3rd line and put out of position? He is a top 6 player in talent and fits top 6 better then 3rd line role

Blackhawkswincup is offline  
Old
05-19-2013, 07:10 AM
  #263
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 23,846
vCash: 500
good if they want TT in NA so he can adapt to NA

Bubba88 is online now  
Old
05-19-2013, 09:42 PM
  #264
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo
 
HockeySensible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,773
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Why is Saad demoted to 3rd line and put out of position? He is a top 6 player in talent and fits top 6 better then 3rd line role
Um, I've been a bigger fan of Saad, and a fan far longer than most on this board. He's not, "forced out of position". He can play both wings. Move Bickell over to the other wing, as if it's a big deal.

Saad is a top-6 player, as was Versteeg and arguably Ladd when they were in Chicago. It's called depth. Saad is much more suited for a 3rd line role than Teravainen. Just because a player is "better" in a role, doesn't mean they can't be useful in other roles. Saad's an above-average two-way player. He can handle a checking role just fine. Not to mention Teravainen has high-end vision and playmaking ability, making him a good (better) fit with Hossa.

HockeySensible is offline  
Old
05-20-2013, 03:19 AM
  #265
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 23,846
vCash: 500
I don't think Teräväinen is ready for the NHL.

Bubba88 is online now  
Old
05-21-2013, 12:11 PM
  #266
Caser
Registered User
 
Caser's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Riga
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 411
vCash: 500
Russian press is reporting that Max Shalunov (drafted by Chicago in 2011 at #109) will not sign contract extension with KHLs Traktor Chelyabinsk and is going to play in North America next season.

Caser is offline  
Old
05-21-2013, 12:13 PM
  #267
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 100,744
vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caser View Post
Russian press is reporting that Max Shalunov (drafted by Chicago in 2011 at #109) will not sign contract extension with KHLs Traktor Chelyabinsk and is going to play in North America next season.
Great news if true but what press in Russia is reporting this?

Rockford could use top 6 talent next year

Blackhawkswincup is offline  
Old
05-21-2013, 12:20 PM
  #268
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo
 
HockeySensible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,773
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Great news if true but what press in Russia is reporting this?

Rockford could use top 6 talent next year
Could anyone imagine if Chicago brought both Teravainen and Shalunov over? Crazy.

Lets assume Morin, Smith and Pirri/LeBlanc make the Hawks in some capacity:

Teravainen - Pirri/LeBlanc - Shalunov
St. Pierre - J.Hayes - McNeill
Nordstrom - Danault - Beach
Ross - Froese - T.Broadhurst

Dahlbeck - Clendening
Svedberg - Olsen
Lavin - Lalonde

HockeySensible is offline  
Old
05-21-2013, 12:22 PM
  #269
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 100,744
vCash: 340
Why do people keep putting TT at center?

He struggled at C this year and took off when on wing ,, He is a winger and it seems counterproductive to put him at C going forward

Blackhawkswincup is offline  
Old
05-21-2013, 12:30 PM
  #270
Caser
Registered User
 
Caser's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Riga
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 411
vCash: 500
Shalunov told the Sport-Express newspaper that he is going to Chicago training camp in July and that his goal for the next season is getting to the Blackhawks roster. That doesn't sound rather realistic to me as he didn't have a lot of success last season - spent most of the time between VHL and MHL, only 1 game in KHL. But who knows, the talent is there, maybe he can revive his career with this change.

Caser is offline  
Old
05-21-2013, 12:35 PM
  #271
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 100,744
vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caser View Post
Shalunov told the Sport-Express newspaper that he is going to Chicago training camp in July and that his goal for the next season is getting to the Blackhawks roster. That doesn't sound rather realistic to me as he didn't have a lot of success last season - spent most of the time between VHL and MHL, only 1 game in KHL. But who knows, the talent is there, maybe he can revive his career with this change.
Ok if that is what your basing your belief on then I doubt he is NA bound

He wont make Hawks so Rockford is only true option at this point if he leaves Russia

Blackhawkswincup is offline  
Old
05-21-2013, 12:49 PM
  #272
Caser
Registered User
 
Caser's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Riga
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 411
vCash: 500
Well, the fact that he refused to extend with Traktor, this interview and also that he has failed to progress in Russia last season which generated a lot of talks that he should go to NA... I would say that here in Russia everyone is pretty sure he is heading to NA, but of course 100% sure can be only if he signs the ELC

Caser is offline  
Old
05-21-2013, 03:28 PM
  #273
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo
 
HockeySensible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,773
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Ok if that is what your basing your belief on then I doubt he is NA bound

He wont make Hawks so Rockford is only true option at this point if he leaves Russia
It's not a belief, it's what Shalunov himself told reporters.

Obviously, it's very doubtful that he makes the Hawks. That doesn't mean he won't stay in N.A if he doesn't make the team. It should be every players goal, regardless of what stage in their career, to make an NHL team out of camp.

HockeySensible is offline  
Old
05-21-2013, 04:34 PM
  #274
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 23,846
vCash: 500
does he speak english or only russian?

Bubba88 is online now  
Old
05-22-2013, 06:46 AM
  #275
clydesdale line
Registered User
 
clydesdale line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,352
vCash: 500
Probably has the most skill/upside out of anyone in our system not named Teravainen. One of my personal favorites, so this pleases me.

clydesdale line is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:22 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.