HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

2011 Re-draft

Old
05-16-2013, 05:54 PM
Stej
Good Canadian Kid!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesrule View Post
How can we "Re-draft" the 2011 draft when half of the players haven't even hit the NHL yet?
The same way the NHL can hold their actual draft before ANY of the players have hit the NHL. I've never understood why this is such a hard concept for people to grasp. All these players have been playing some form of hockey for the past 2 years. There's nothing saying they can't be judged on those 2 years, no matter the level.

Stej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 11:04 PM
rodc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hale The Villain View Post
I think RNH is the better player, but I have seen what bad shoulders can do to a player, and it doesn't bode well for his future. That's why I have Huberdeau above RNH.
I have to agree I do also think Huberdeau is the better player............wait till MacKinnon arives!!

rodc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 11:35 AM
ps241
2.6% chance

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
That may happen. But I think Brayden is quite capable of being a good centerman in this league, and between all 3 giroux included, there is a lot of looks you can through on the ice together.
Jtown why did they not bump Couturier to the 3rd line? The first season this plan looked great but this last season I was left scratching my head a bit? I read about the win today mentality and for the most part all teams are in a similar position unless their year becomes a write off.

I have seen Flyer fans comment that they hope Coots will be 2nd line centre and Schenn would get moved to the wing but woouldn't it make more sense to have the two as 2nd and 3rd line centers this season and let them compete?

ps241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 11:40 AM
Crede777
Deputized

Jenner was originally ranked around 25th. I think that's a fairly accurate assessment of where he would go in a redraft.

Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 11:44 AM
DKQ
Generic User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
Jenner was originally ranked around 25th. I think that's a fairly accurate assessment of where he would go in a redraft.
I knew I forgot someone. I'd actually put him higher than that, probably slot him in ahead of Armia on my list

DKQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 11:45 AM
Erikfromfin

Year from now armia will be in most lists

Erikfromfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 11:54 AM
KidLine93

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy22 View Post
He's had one concussion. It something to monitor, but RNH has missed chunks of his first two seasons with the same shoulder. I would find that more concerning than Landeskogs head.
Landeskog also missed the WJHC with injuries in his draft year, but everyone forgets about that too..

KidLine93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 12:14 PM
KidLine93

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
Best defenceman coming from this draft:

1-Brodin
2-Hamilton
3-Larsson
4-Beaulieu
5-Oleksiak
6-Morrow
7-Kelfbom
8-Siemens
9-Ouellet
10-Harrington
Siemens is terrible..I'd take Harrington and Ouellet over him in a heartbeat

KidLine93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 04:05 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowbellConray View Post
No love for Armia? Best shot out of the draft imo. consistency is the issue but when he is on he dominates. Everyone saw what he did to canada at the U20. Nobody thinks he is a riser? I've seen him drop on a few lists and I'm confused.
I'd bet very few non-Finnish posters have even watvhrd him outside of the WJC. Id also bet his stock rises next year when he shows why he can do in Rochester/Buffalo.

tsujimoto74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 05:13 PM
Benny FTW
Tool Time Travel

Dat 2011 draft. Lots of quality coming from it.

Benny FTW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 05:49 PM
couture23
Sabres & Red Sox

How the hell does everyone forget about Joel Armia? He's one of the best players not playing in North America right now.

Boone Jenner ahead of him? Come on. Klefbom too? Guy doesn't even get on the scoresheet.

couture23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 05:54 PM
BackhandToeyJoey

Quote:
Originally Posted by dej View Post
suggests us to watch a 7-10 game span or whatever it was to judge who's the better player^^

most people taking huberdeau over RNH have been because of RNH having shoulder issues and it sometimes affect the whole career.

however, thinking RNH>Huberdeau "AINEC" isn't that accurate. RNH have a better support cast in Oilers, however, RNH might be the better player now but down the road in 10 years I'm not too sure.
Refer to Ryan's first 9 games to Jon's.

It isn't about the supporting cast. Why people bring that up, I don't know. Are you suggesting that the Oil pick Jon > Ryan? Because if Florida landed Nuge, they would be a better team. No doubt.

BackhandToeyJoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 11:45 PM
Serpico4ever

Huburdeau

RNH
Scheifele

Landeskog
Larsson
Strome
Hamilton
Couturier

Zibanejad
Brodin

I have no idea if this was supposed to be a who's best right now thing or who's gonna be best in the future, but I went with best overall over time, which is why I have Strome so high. I think Huburdeau is awesome and will be the best overall. RNH is great, but I was shocked he did so well in his first year. I think he definitely came back down to earth a little, but will level out as a Krejci type talent.

I'd take any and all of these guys. This'll be one of those super drafts.

Also, I think Ty Rattie will be a great player and was picked far later than he deserved.

Serpico4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 12:04 AM
florida pwnthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackhandToeyJoey View Post
Refer to Ryan's first 9 games to Jon's.

It isn't about the supporting cast. Why people bring that up, I don't know. Are you suggesting that the Oil pick Jon > Ryan? Because if Florida landed Nuge, they would be a better team. No doubt.
i don't doubt RNH:s talent level or anything. of course the support cast matters. Huberdeau is a playmaker and he played with people who had 3.1 and 6.1 shooting %. Huberdeau also had hip surgery this off-season.

however, i think its too early to judge, both players seems to end up beign amazing players, however i prefer huberdeau because florida drafted him, i dont really care who ends up the better player because both players seem to end up awesome.

florida pwnthers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 10:38 AM
Trafalgar Law
Waive Ryan Smyth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dej View Post
i don't doubt RNH:s talent level or anything. of course the support cast matters. Huberdeau is a playmaker and he played with people who had 3.1 and 6.1 shooting %. Huberdeau also had hip surgery this off-season.

however, i think its too early to judge, both players seems to end up beign amazing players, however i prefer huberdeau because florida drafted him, i dont really care who ends up the better player because both players seem to end up awesome.
Aaaand you're done here.

Trafalgar Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 05:30 PM
Screeeeech

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpico4ever View Post
Huburdeau

RNH
Scheifele

Landeskog
Larsson
Strome
Hamilton
Couturier

Zibanejad
Brodin

I have no idea if this was supposed to be a who's best right now thing or who's gonna be best in the future, but I went with best overall over time, which is why I have Strome so high. I think Huburdeau is awesome and will be the best overall. RNH is great, but I was shocked he did so well in his first year. I think he definitely came back down to earth a little, but will level out as a Krejci type talent.

I'd take any and all of these guys. This'll be one of those super drafts.

Also, I think Ty Rattie will be a great player and was picked far later than he deserved.
Scheifele 3rd?, Krejci type talent?, but i agree with Ty Rattie

Screeeeech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 08:15 PM
ps241
2.6% chance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs2711 View Post
Habs you don't think RNH has the potential to play at a Krejci level at some point? Not trolling just curious?

Old
05-23-2013, 01:13 PM
KapG

I think krejci has some nastiness to his game which I dont think nuge will ever develop.

KapG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 02:15 PM
ps241
2.6% chance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs2711 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KapG View Post
I think krejci has some nastiness to his game which I dont think nuge will ever develop.
I REALLY like Krejci and wish we had him on the Jets but I think we are selling RNH short here. Krejci took 4 years after being drafted just to make the show and really his 5th year was his break out year. Other than his career year he is a 55 to 60 point type asset which is great but RNH put up similar if not better PPG average as a skinny 18 year old. The Nudge had a sophomore slump and I would have liked to see him play one more year in Juniors to grow a bit (like Mike Modano did after being selected 1st overall) but I see him as being a different pedigree from David (all due respect ) and as the Nudge matures he will put up better career numbers IMHO.

Last edited by ps241: 05-23-2013 at 02:47 PM.
Old
05-27-2013, 03:52 PM
Stizzle

Obviously, I'm jumping on the 'Couturier not getting any love train' in this thread. Having guys like Baertshi or Saad ranked over him is a joke. No team would even consider taking them over Couts. Ranking guys like Strome or Scheifele over him is a matter of preference, but I have a tough time believing either turns out to be as valuable a player as Couturier.

http://www.broadstreethockey.com/201...him-for-yandle
http://www.broadstreethockey.com/201...defense-flyers

Stizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2013, 04:05 PM
herashak

vCash: 157
RNH
landeskog
huberdeau
brodin
larsson