HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Plekanec+Beaulieu for Ryan

Old
05-18-2013, 05:23 PM
DKQ
Generic User Title

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
I think what may be causing problems here might be terminology and the real underlying strategy. Bonino had, what, 17 points over the 34 games this year. Provided that wasn't just a fluke, would put him at about 41 points over an 82 game season. That's well within the top sixty centers during the 2012 season(tied with Laich at 50 or 51). It sounds to me like some people may be really asking for another 1st line center that could conceivably land in the top 20, but that isn't really what's meant when people throw around the term second line center.
I think it's that the Ducks don't have any established offensive options on the wings aside from Selanne, Ryan and Perry. Selanne is on the decline and may retire, so that leaves Ryan and Perry, who both often play with Getzlaf. Bonino is capable offensively, but he can't drive an offensive line by himself and would be an ideal fit in a 3rd line C role. People want a 2C who can be a contributor, not someone who doesn't look out of place

DKQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 05:51 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKQ View Post
I think it's that the Ducks don't have any established offensive options on the wings aside from Selanne, Ryan and Perry. Selanne is on the decline and may retire, so that leaves Ryan and Perry, who both often play with Getzlaf. Bonino is capable offensively, but he can't drive an offensive line by himself and would be an ideal fit in a 3rd line C role. People want a 2C who can be a contributor, not someone who doesn't look out of place
I suppose some of this comes down to perception. I thought he looked capable by the end of the year, and as you say, he didn't exactly have the best wingers around him. I guess I have a hard time damning him to the third line because he's one of the many forwards that failed to have any chemistry with Teemu this year. It sounded to me from the exit interviews that our team looked at him that way at least, so I don't know why it's out of line to call him that when that's the role he had, and it was how he was producing. I saw progress this season, so I'm also not writing off more by next season.

I do have to wonder why so many fans feel this proposal is out of line if that's the thought process. Pleks should be the player he's been the last six or seven years for the remainder of that contract, which gives you what you're asking for along with a good prospect.

Exit Dose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 05:56 PM
Hardyvan123
tweet@HardyintheWack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
The title says it all. Anaheim needs a top 2nd line center, and I have read Anaheim fans asking for defence in various threads. What do people think?
I like Plekanac but Ryan is only 25 and Nathan is still a question mark as to how he will turn out.

No way the Ducks do this deal IMO.

Hardyvan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 06:11 PM
c3z4r

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyvan123 View Post
I like Plekanac but Ryan is only 25 and Nathan is still a question mark as to how he will turn out.

Ryan turned 26 in March.

I wouldn't do this deal from Montreal's perspective. Too much talent given away.

c3z4r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 06:45 PM
VoicexOfxReason
RIP Lounge

30 is not old and a high intelligence player like Plekanec has probably 5+ years of high level hockey left in him. Change Beaulieu to a 1st and id call it fair for both.

VoicexOfxReason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 06:50 PM
DJOpus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
Wouldn't do it, either. I wouldn't trade Ryan in a deal where the center piece is 30-year old. Plekanec is good and has quite a few good years left in him, but he's not the type of player I would move Ryan for.
Make it a three-way?

To ANA: Edler + 3rd (VAN)
To VAN: Plekanec + Beaulieu + 2nd (ANA)
To MTL: Ryan

Also, do Hab fans like Tinordi or Beaulieu better?

DJOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 09:28 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJOpus View Post
Make it a three-way?

To ANA: Edler + 3rd (VAN)
To VAN: Plekanec + Beaulieu + 2nd (ANA)
To MTL: Ryan

Also, do Hab fans like Tinordi or Beaulieu better?
Beaulieu or Tinordi are not going to be traded, especially with Markov on the down slope. Subban, Tinordi and Beaulieu are the future of the blue line in MTL.

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 02:42 AM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoicexOfxReason View Post
30 is not old and a high intelligence player like Plekanec has probably 5+ years of high level hockey left in him. Change Beaulieu to a 1st and id call it fair for both.
You say this like it is a good thing...

Bobby probably has 10+

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 05:10 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gliff View Post

Bobby probably has 10+
If Anaheim is trading Bobby Ryan it's for a specific need on the club, not to try and get a young player with potential.

If they feel they need a #2C to kill penalties and put up some points while being a leader, you'd be hard pressed to find a better one in the NHL who could be had. If it's not what the team needs you don't make the trade, but Plekanec being 30 and Ryan being 26 is irrelevant to the debate since you'd keep him if you wanted young players to build around.

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 05:17 PM
SnapVirus

Ryan for Plekanec + Diaz. Sounds like a really good deal value wise and capwise. Diaz cost nothing and hes a good puck moving D, who just won the Silver today at IIHF. While Plekanec is a great centerman in all 3 zones. Ryan could make us grow Galchenyuk in his real position.

Prust - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Pacioretty - DD - Ryan
Bourque - Eller - Gionta

SnapVirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 05:46 PM
Exit Dose

We're not really looking for a puck moving d-man, though. We have Fowler, and it's expected that Vatanen will be joining us full time next year. Then there's also Lindholm. If we get a d-man, they need to have a strong physical game and size, considering that this person is likely to be Fowler's partner. I like Diaz, but he's just not what we need.

Exit Dose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 06:48 PM
VoicexOfxReason
RIP Lounge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gliff View Post

Bobby probably has 10+
Lol it is a good thing. If your team's needs are the same in 5 years as they are today, your GM has done a very poor job. The NHL is an ever changing business, and Anaheim is in win-now mode. As someone said, in that case, Pleks being 30 vs Ryan being 26 is irrelevant. Who's to say that ryan's play doesn't fall off a cliff by the time he's 31 due to the style he plays?

VoicexOfxReason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 06:59 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
We're not really looking for a puck moving d-man, though. We have Fowler, and it's expected that Vatanen will be joining us full time next year. Then there's also Lindholm. If we get a d-man, they need to have a strong physical game and size, considering that this person is likely to be Fowler's partner. I like Diaz, but he's just not what we need.
I'd give you Diaz for a 2nd.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 07:00 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Well, this therad has gone better than I hoped! It sweems like there is some footing around this type of deal (be it Plekanec + 1st, or Diaz, or Beaulieu). I like the sounds of it, overall.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 08:01 PM
BROOKLYnKNIGHTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
The title says it all. Anaheim needs a top 2nd line center, and I have read Anaheim fans asking for defence in various threads. What do people think?
I think galchenyuk fits the bill as top second line Center.
Anaheim should trade Ryan for Alex.

BROOKLYnKNIGHTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 08:12 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOKLYnKNIGHTS View Post
sure the habs should give gallagher with that to replace ryan at his position

Chacal667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 08:32 PM
BROOKLYnKNIGHTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chacal667 View Post
sure the habs should give gallagher with that to replace ryan at his position
Yeah and you guys are asking for an all star winger.
How does Anaheim replace that?
My counter is as preposterous as the Op offer.
Get the point.

BROOKLYnKNIGHTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 08:42 PM
DisneyDucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoicexOfxReason View Post
Lol it is a good thing. If your team's needs are the same in 5 years as they are today, your GM has done a very poor job. The NHL is an ever changing business, and Anaheim is in win-now mode. As someone said, in that case, Pleks being 30 vs Ryan being 26 is irrelevant. Who's to say that ryan's play doesn't fall off a cliff by the time he's 31 due to the style he plays?
Please explain to me how the ducks are in a win now mode. With Etem, palms, fowler, vatanen and Lindholm still being young Id say we have some time to get it done.

DisneyDucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 08:47 PM
AngelDuck

Quote:
Galchenyuk is almost as good as Bobby at the age of 19 AND he plays center. Why in the world would Montreal consider trading Gally for Bobby? They wouldn't...

AngelDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 08:51 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
Get the point.
I think you exagerate and undervalue Plekanec but I would ask for more than Beaulieu if I was the anahein GM, I believe a trade like this would most likely occur during the draft depending on whether the Habs draft a player that the Ducks have an interest for.

Chacal667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 08:58 PM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

Quote:
That's not happening. A 19yr old big center with number 1 potential on an ELC. Habs have been waiting for this type of player for years.

The French Canadian rule: Read about it, go to bed smarter.

http://ultimatehockeynetwork.com/the...-or-fiction-2/
loadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 09:46 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Get the point.
The OP is not "preposterous". There might need to be some shifting, but it is quite decent value as evidenced by some Anaheim fans agreeing that it is good value. I actually do not think Ryan for Galchenyuk is "preposterous", either, but it would not happen due to what Montreal's needs at center have been for 2 decades. Montreal would never entertain trading Galchenyuk at this point in time. Anaheim is entertaining trading Ryan (at least the fans are).

Anaheim needs a top 6 center who can produce points. Not only can Plekanec produce points, he can shut down opposing teams' top offensive lines. He is also a veteran capable of helping young players succeed. He would be a great 2nd line center for Anaheim. On his own he will not get Ryan. That is why I have added valuable secondary options (Diaz or Beaulieu or our 1st in 2013 as long as you guys send your 3rd back to us with Ryan) to balance out some of the difference. If it is a bit off, make a fair counter offer that takes team needs into account.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 11:24 AM
Habsrback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyvan123 View Post

Beaulieu has too much upside:6'3, already one of the top skaters, great hands, passing, vision...just too much upside for the Habs to trade. This guy has the potential to become Norris material...might bust, but still has the tools. Just can't see MB trading him given his "I've got a long term plan" speech.

As for Ryan, he is a solid value, but Plek also is, so I would not add our prime prospect at D (Tinordi is not a prospect anymore) in that package. Maybe add a Diaz or Louis Leblanc, who might explode given a proper chance. Or offer Kristo. Can even add a 2nd on top of it.

I do agree though that a "Ryan sweepstake" would probably fetch a king's ransome for the Ducks as this year is very shallow in free agents.

Habsrback is offline   Reply With Quote