HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > GM Games and HF Leagues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
GM Games and HF Leagues All GM Games and Fantasy League drafts and discussion go here.

DD's Auction Game 2.0 (MUST UPDATE ROSTERS)

Old
05-18-2013, 07:39 PM
VanIslander
17/07/2014 ATD RIP

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
They're welcome to, but anyone that bids 20 mil on one player has to scrounge a team together with what is left.

It's a stupid team building decision, frankly.
Yeah, it'll weed out the dummies... that's what freedom does, separates the wheat from the chaff.

VanIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 07:51 PM
PriceIsGod
#TokarskiTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanIslander View Post
Yeah, it'll weed out the dummies... that's what freedom does, separates the wheat from the chaff.
Sepearating the wheat from the chaff is more of a rush to the judgment fly by the pants type of guy ? Is that you here?

PriceIsGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 08:00 PM
VanIslander
17/07/2014 ATD RIP

Irresponsible yahoos show themeselves in their actions. It's a 5-day auction, the second we've done. Take notes of those who make extreme bids and fail to complete their squads.

There are several good guys who build quality dream teams and are a real asset to the auction game and fun to be around. Let's build around those and deal with the extreme bids and deadbeats when they arise.

Auctions are fun. Most people are responsible. The freedom to bid whatever one can afford or else crash and burn is part of what auctions and life in the real world is all about!

Let's have fun, and be careful out there.

Old
05-18-2013, 08:04 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

vCash: 157
Quote:
Irresponsible yahoos show themeselves in their actions. It's a 5-day auction, the second we've done. Take notes of those who make extreme bids and fail to complete their squads.

There are several good guys who build quality dream teams and are a real asset to the auction game and fun to be around. Let's build around those and deal with the extreme bids and deadbeats when they arise.

Auctions are fun. Most people are responsible. The freedom to bid whatever one can afford or else crash and burn is part of what auctions and life in the real world is all about!

Why are you trying to give us life lessons? You realize we do this stuff because its fun and entertaining, especially when you get these crazy scenarios like bidding up to 20+M. We come to this part of the board to have fun, to be entertained, not to get preached to. This isn't some business place that our future hinges on, or some educational **** we'll need to get somewhere in like. I don't mind you playing the game the way you want, but the second you start *****ing at us for playing it our way, it becomes a problem. You can accept it for the way it is and move on, letting the rest of us do our own thing, or you can **** off and find something else to do.

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 08:38 PM
VanIslander
17/07/2014 ATD RIP

My point is: play it any way you want to!! Indeed. Total freedom in an auction. Bid $20mill if you want, but if you don't complete your squad under the salary cap then it's on you. No need to legislate any bid restrictions. Let people be as responsible or irresponsible as they like, and let the chips fall where they may.

That's my point.

No need for hostility.

Old
05-18-2013, 08:40 PM
Nyquist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
They're welcome to, but anyone that bids 20 mil on one player has to scrounge a team together with what is left.

It's a stupid team building decision, frankly.
Exactly this.

Nyquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 08:43 PM
Nyquist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKQ View Post
Add to this that say three people all submit simultaneous max bids for a player, who does that player go to? No max allows for more strategy and makes it easier for the mods
It goes to the first person. Since bids are through pms, I'll be able to tell who was first. If there are multiple teams with the same offer I (and the other commishes) will indicate that or tell the others that weren't first.

Old
05-18-2013, 09:02 PM
CoachBadkitten
Matt Hunwick

My vote is No maximum.

CoachBadkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 09:09 PM
Nyquist

Just to clear things up, there won't be a maximum. It ruins the freedom of this game. With that said, don't be a a ****ing idiot about it. I will not hesitate to kick you out of the game if you go over the cap and you will be laughed at.

#Whitneyfor8millyolo

Old
05-18-2013, 09:29 PM
Aela*
#MeatisMurder

vCash: 50
Send a message via Skype™ to Aela*
I vote no max too. I really want to have a top line of Kovalchuk Malkin Ovechkin

Aela* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 10:00 PM
Nyquist

Just wanted to remind everyone that bidding starts for Sunday at midnight tonight EST (so in like an hour). Ben is now the Commish of the Northwest, which I have changed in the bids thread. Teams up for auction tomorrow are the Blue Jackets, Capitals, Ducks, Devils, Senators, and Flames.

Old
05-18-2013, 10:03 PM
hlaverty06

My vote is I have to leave the game

hlaverty06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 10:10 PM
SoulAssassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datsyuk Dangles View Post

Just wanted to remind everyone that bidding starts for Sunday at midnight tonight EST (so in like an hour). Ben is now the Commish of the Northwest, which I have changed in the bids thread. Teams up for auction tomorrow are the Blue Jackets, Capitals, Ducks, Devils, Senators, and Flames.

So in 50 minutes we bid on these teams players?

SoulAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 10:18 PM
Nyquist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulAssassin View Post
So in 50 minutes we bid on these teams players?
You have until 10 PM tomorrow to bid on these teams' players. In 50 minutes is just when it starts.

Old
05-18-2013, 10:22 PM
SoulAssassin

Quote:
You have until 10 PM tomorrow to bid on these teams' players. In 50 minutes is just when it starts.
Thanks. Understood until 10, just making sure these were the teams that we started on. Is there a list of the teams each day?

SoulAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 10:31 PM
Nyquist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulAssassin View Post
Thanks. Understood until 10, just making sure these were the teams that we started on. Is there a list of the teams each day?
Good question. Yes there is, if you look in the bids thread the commishes have a schedule up. All of them except Ben who was just made a commish a couple hours ago.

Old
05-18-2013, 10:48 PM
Nyquist

Quote:

Just wanted to remind everyone that bidding starts for Sunday at midnight tonight EST (so in like an hour). Ben is now the Commish of the Northwest, which I have changed in the bids thread. Teams up for auction tomorrow are the Blue Jackets, Capitals, Ducks, Devils, Senators, and Oilers.
Changed to Oilers.

Old
05-18-2013, 10:59 PM
Nyquist

Forgot to mention this in the OP. You can put more than 1 player in your pm if you can fit them.

Old
05-18-2013, 11:01 PM
CoachBadkitten
Matt Hunwick

Quote:
Forgot to mention this in the OP. You can put more than 1 player in your pm if you can fit them.
Just to clarify, in the title of the PM. I know I don't actually look at the message. Just record the offer in the title.

Old
05-18-2013, 11:03 PM
Nyquist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachBadkitten View Post
Just to clarify, in the title of the PM. I know I don't actually look at the message. Just record the offer in the title.
This exactly.

Old
05-18-2013, 11:21 PM
Nyquist

Couple of things

1. You don't have to put anything in the message itself, just the title.
2. Remember bids have to be in increments of .25
3. The Cap is going to be 70.25 now because it makes no sense to have it be 70.2 with increments of .25

Old
05-18-2013, 11:55 PM
Avs44

vCash: 3319
Quote:

Couldn't agree more. Kids these days, putting everything on the line with risky offers on the internet. Luckily we wise, mature old timers are here to remind them against the perilous dangers of crashing and burning. Little do they know these are valuable life lessons! What their parents never taught them, we will. One irresponsible yahoo at a time.

Don't drink and drive kids, don't take dangerous risks on the internet. Stay safe and have fun. That is my advice to a happy and successful life such as mine. Good day to you kind Sir.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 12:06 AM
Jamie Benn
NHL Draft Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
Couldn't agree more. Kids these days, putting everything on the line with risky offers on the internet. Luckily we wise, mature old timers are here to remind them against the perilous dangers of crashing and burning. Little do they know these are valuable life lessons! What their parents never taught them, we will. One irresponsible yahoo at a time.

Don't drink and drive kids, don't take dangerous risks on the internet. Stay safe and have fun. That is my advice to a happy and successful life such as mine. Good day to you kind Sir.
I just turned 19, am I considered an adult.

Jamie Benn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 12:07 AM
Nyquist

Not suggesting it anymore. Please send multiple players in the same pm, especially if you're going to send like 11 bids on players to the same team.

Old
05-19-2013, 12:09 AM
CoachBadkitten
Matt Hunwick

Quote:
Not suggesting it anymore. Please send multiple players in the same pm, especially if you're going to send like 11 bids on players to the same team.
The work of an irresponsible Yahoo.