HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

WCSF Gm#3: KINGS vs. Sharks - 5/18/13 - Can't Win Them All, Especially Shorthanded

Closed Thread

Old
05-18-2013, 11:29 PM
ScoreZeGoals
I'm bored...

vCash: 500
Pearson only played five minutes, and Nolan isn't playing well at all. I'm of the opinion that we should go back to 7 defensemen

Old
05-18-2013, 11:29 PM
Wooty

Regehr is really just an average defender who is helped with size and some toughness. His passing is poor and does not fit the Kings style.

It is just one loss, nothing fatal.

Old
05-18-2013, 11:30 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 1888
Regehr has played well and took a penalty to try to keep the Kings in the game so I don't know where this is coming from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Kings 6-0 with Martinez.

Kings 0-3 without Martinez.

Never change a winning lineup.
Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Guys A-Mart deserved that Bench, he was on the ice For three even strength goals against in a single game.

You can complain about Ellerby all you want Muzzin too, But both of those guys have not had an even strength game that bad.

The Kings did not give up an Even strength goal tonight....
A-Mart doesn't deserve a benching when it leads to our worst defensive player playing more against a team who has pressured us strongly all series, and a poor defenseman coming into the lineup. It's bad roster management.

I also thought that the Kings got outworked and dominated physically. This game certainly was not encouraging.

Old
05-18-2013, 11:31 PM
Ron
Kings Fan Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
I'll go ahead and say it, not only does it suck that we lost, but I thought that game was boring as hell
Bingo.

Read my mind. Was going to post that too but didn't get around to it.

If I wasn't a Kings fan, would have turned it off and do something useful like have a bowel movement or something.

agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!

San Jose was able to consistently break through our first layer of defense ALL NIGHT. They came off the boards and out of the corners with the puck at will, and their point shots were getting past our forwards. Now, our second layer held up for the most part, as our front-net guys and our centermen broke up a lot of plays in prime scoring areas.

In terms of our offense, I think San Jose has adopted the same strategy the St. Louis did, which was to swarm us down low when we try to start a cycle. They put three or four guys onto our forwards, and outnumber us at the puck. This has generally prevented us from maintaining much possession in the offensive zone; without those long stretches of offensive zone time, the Kings are just not taking over games they way they did last year.

Sutter needs to address both of those issues in the next two days. I'm not sure how he'll tweak the system or structure, but opposing teams have a book on us, they have a formula which disrupts our game, and they've been able to outplay us for long stretches.

Old
MynameisKing

Ellerby doesn't have AMart's offensive awareness. I think it was a big factor in the Kings being hemmed in their zone for so much of the game and never got out of the zone for a dangerous rush.

Old
KingKopitar11
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
Guys A-Mart deserved that Bench, he was on the ice For three even strength goals against in a single game.

You can complain about Ellerby all you want Muzzin too, But both of those guys have not had an even strength game that bad.

The Kings did not give up an Even strength goal tonight....
One bad game!! That's pathetic he's been great overall. One bad game. Are you kidding me. That was a stupid impulse move by Sutter, Sutter needs to get his hatred for Martinez checked outm

Old
dogyekcoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold Snepsts View Post

And I need a shock collar that goes off any time I wander to the main boards to talk about the game. Good lord...
lol! I got kicked out of the main board for saying "Thornton looks tired and old, perhaps years of hope and expectation has take a toll on him"

Old
05-18-2013, 11:32 PM
Knight of the Realm
Go Kings Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovacro View Post
Glass half full. We are still up 2-1 and have not yet played our best. Just pisses me off how it ended tonight because it was there for the taking. We'll get them on Tuesday.
I'm wondering if we will see our best. Kings look a little beat up. Quickie is a monster.

Old
TheSentinel

Quote:
Isn't Clifford injured?

And I need a shock collar that goes off any time I wander to the main boards to talk about the game. Good lord...
They won, is it really that bad?

Old
johnjm22

Seems like the Kings have been outplayed in nearly every game in the playoffs so far.

Old
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
Regehr has played well and took a penalty to try to keep the Kings in the game so I don't know where this is coming from.

Yep.

A-Mart doesn't deserve a benching when it leads to our worst defensive player playing more against a team who has pressured us strongly all series, and a poor defenseman coming into the lineup. It's bad roster management.

I also thought that the Kings got outworked and dominated physically. This game certainly was not encouraging.
And Yet somehow Muzzin and Ellerby still didn't give up an Even strength Goal. ...

Sutter knows what he is doing.

Old
05-18-2013, 11:33 PM
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa Nadal View Post
WTF can we do with the Sharks' pressure? We are getting outshot 106-78. I repeat, 106-78!!! And there was only one period in which we outshot them. That was the 3rd in Game 2 where we were really desperate. We are letting these ****ers dictate every game. Plain and simple.
We have to get the Richards line away from Thornton. The Sharks got that matchup all night long, and dominated. Richards's Corsi/Fenwick numbers must be brutal for tonight.

Old
05-18-2013, 11:33 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 1888
Quote:
And Yet somehow Muzzin and Ellerby still didn't give up an Even strength Goal. ...

Sutter knows what he is doing.
Muzzin put the puck over the glass and the Kings got scored on. This is one of an extremely large amount of mistakes that has not caused his playing time to be cut.

Sutter is a great coach but he is certainly not infallible.

Old
05-18-2013, 11:34 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Props to Ellerby. The kid played a strong game. Had a couple of good rushes into the offensive zone, played tough in his own zone.

Old
Knight of the Realm
Go Kings Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
Muzzin put the puck over the glass and the Kings got scored on. This is one of an extremely large amount of mistakes that has not caused his playing time to be cut.

Sutter is a great coach but he is certainly not infallible.
PK didn't come thro, those things happen.

Old
ShattStar03

San Jose is beatable on their own ice ultimately the penalties decided the game. I expect a strong Kings bounce back Tuesday night.

Old
Ron
Kings Fan Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentfouser View Post
We have to get the Richards line away from Thornton. The Sharks got that matchup all night long, and dominated. Richards's Corsi/Fenwick numbers must be brutal for tonight.
Sharks are home, they get the last change. We are stuck with that match-up in San Josť.

Old
MynameisKing

I think AMart back in for next game. I think he is the King's source of pixie dust.

Old
05-18-2013, 11:35 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentfouser View Post
Richards line was ok against them, people said the same thing game one and Richards line started to torch them late.

Again guys, The Sharks were not going to roll over.

That was their season....They needed the the PP to win it...That has to be red flags if I am a Sharks coach.

Old
05-18-2013, 11:35 PM
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!

Quote:
Isn't Clifford injured?

Man, why you goin' downtown this time o' night? It's dangerous out there!

Old
05-18-2013, 11:36 PM
kingsfan28
Its All About Sv Pct

Darryl brought up some good points about the goalie interference and the lack of consistency. He didnt like the call late in the game as well as thought Lewis got pushed.

Old
05-18-2013, 11:37 PM
TheSentinel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShattStar03 View Post
San Jose is beatable on their own ice ultimately the penalties decided the game. I expect a strong Kings bounce back Tuesday night.
+Kings are down some of their good players all while still feared and b!tched about on the main boards. If that isn't a sign we can do this again i dunno what is.

Old
Vamos Rafa
°Vamos!

This is the type of game I'd like to see from our guys for ONCE (or twice since we need 2 more wins). I know we still lost the game but look how we completely dominated the Sharks. Quick was still not his old self. Hence he was very poor here. But if our skaters played like this, we are totally going back to Staples up 3-1. Then again, the Sharks made some trades to improve their speed.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/boxscore?gid=2013031418

Old
KingKopitar11
Drew Doughty Eh?

Anyone also confused as to why when Richards intercepted the pass on the 5 on 3 he didn't dump it in?

Closed Thread