Jagr

Closed Thread

Old
05-17-2013, 09:56 PM
howaryuh

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely08 View Post
What he can do is maintain possession. Draw a checker to one side of his body, reverse it to the other, and take that guy completely out of the play. All the Bergeron line did before Jagr was lose battle after battle, and cough it up. At least they're sustaining pressure and getting some looks now.

We watched Marchand PB and Seguin do literally nothing for 6 games. Willing to give it a chance.

At least the PP actually resembles a PP now.
+2. Leaf fans told me they hated the way he keeps the puck.

Old
05-18-2013, 01:24 AM
Madik77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotto74 View Post
so my opinion because its different then yours is BS?

you are a Jagr lover I get it because you attack anytime I say something against him. good for you. I am a Bruin lover over any player in the system and will always want what is best for the TEAM over best for the player. That is where we differ.

actually your a Philly fan so of course you want what is best for Jagr and not the Bruins.
From all your posts I read its clear that you are definetely Bruin lover but also Hortons advocate AND Jagr hater. You bashed the guy from day one he joined Bruins. Even when he was arguably the best forward before PO you were talking all the time about his lack of scoring. Tell me how is that possible if you are "Bruin lover over any player in the system"? You should be happy that at least someone is playing good that time for "your" team but no. You still attacked him at every opportunity. Maybe you critized also Horton for his no show game after game after game before PO but I missed it somehow.

Well, I understand that now is "your time" because Jagr plays bad at moment. Its a fact and I wonīt argue about it with you. But I also understand that "haters gonna hate" and you will find anything on Jagr even if he starts playing good again. If it happens Bruins will be more dangerous and you should be happy because you are Bruin lover, right? But will you really?

I am definetely not the Bruin lover like you but I hope that Jagr will find his game again and helps Bruins to get another Cup soon.

Old
05-18-2013, 06:58 AM
Yeti34

Quote:
What he can do is maintain possession. Draw a checker to one side of his body, reverse it to the other, and take that guy completely out of the play. All the Bergeron line did before Jagr was lose battle after battle, and cough it up. At least they're sustaining pressure and getting some looks now.

We watched Marchand PB and Seguin do literally nothing for 6 games. Willing to give it a chance.

+3

Old
05-18-2013, 08:51 AM
ODAAT

Quote:

While all true, the one area the Bruins and Jagr would benefit most from is if he could dish it quicker

Last edited by ODAAT: 05-19-2013 at 07:48 AM.
Old
05-18-2013, 12:04 PM
bb_fan

Quote:

and all jagr does it hold on to the puck until he gets knocked over, runs into a team mate, or loses it to the second guy on him.

i'm not saying he cant control the play, he obviosly does, but if doesnt start making plays, whats the point?

Old
05-18-2013, 12:05 PM
Blackbear

I duino. So many of you guys cried tears of joy his first game for "scoring" the game winner - a puck that glanced in off his skates. Maybe even the ones where he did actually do something were just because he was given the puck too often. Maybe the puck being in Jagr's hands so much and not with other talented Bruins accounts for the dramatic losing streak Bruins went on after he joined (ESP compared with the record they had before he joined ). I wouldn't say Jagr is good at holding onto the puck in a way that helps with offensive possession (like Joe Thornton used to be). I'd say it is because he doesn't have a clue what else to do with it. Plus he's old and slow and doesn't maintain possession long anyway.

A sequence from the other night perfectly illustrates everything that is wrong with him these days. Jagr has the puck below the goal line, skating like he's in mud. He lumbers behind the net, comes out and gets off a weak backhand the goalie easily sweeps aside. A bruin on the boards picks it up and passes is back out to Jagr. There is a Bruin on the back door, maybe 6 ft from a wide open side with a completely open passing lane. Jagr goes for the shot of course and puts a squirt quality attempt right on Lundquist. Really, this is your hero?

Last edited by Blackbear: 05-18-2013 at 12:11 PM.
Old
05-18-2013, 12:12 PM
j44thor

Perhaps Jagr still hasn't recovered from the brutal flu he had that kept him out at the end of the reg season. He admitted it was like nothing he had ever had. If he was 80% when he started the TOR series it is possible that took even more out of him.

Perhaps he will be able to get some juice back now that they have had a semi break with only 1 game in 5 days.

Old
05-18-2013, 12:23 PM
Xegiie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbear View Post
I duino. So many of you guys cried tears of joy his first game for "scoring" the game winner - a puck that glanced in off his skates. Maybe even the ones where he did actually do something were just because he was given the puck too often. Maybe the puck being in Jagr's hands so much and not with other talented Bruins accounts for the dramatic losing streak Bruins went on after he joined (ESP compared with the record they had before he joined ). I wouldn't say Jagr is good at holding onto the puck in a way that helps with offensive possession (like Joe Thornton used to be). I'd say it is because he doesn't have a clue what else to do with it. Plus he's old and slow and doesn't maintain possession long anyway.

A sequence from the other night perfectly illustrates everything that is wrong with him these days. Jagr has the puck below the goal line, skating like he's in mud. He lumbers behind the net, comes out and gets off a weak backhand the goalie easily sweeps aside. A bruin on the boards picks it up and passes is back out to Jagr. There is a Bruin on the back door, maybe 6 ft from a wide open side with a completely open passing lane. Jagr goes for the shot of course and puts a squirt quality attempt right on Lundquist. Really, this is your hero?
Boston kept losing even when Jagr had flu and did not play, that makes your point about him behind boston loses invalid...

Old
05-19-2013, 07:45 AM
jagrgodr

Here is a good article on this whole Jagr tired situation with quotes from Jagr and the coach.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/20...fEM/story.html

LOL is this bryzgalov?
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=671264

Old
05-19-2013, 09:53 AM
Yeti34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagrgodr View Post
Here is a good article on this whole Jagr tired situation with quotes from Jagr and the coach.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/20...fEM/story.html

LOL is this bryzgalov?
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=671264
Sounds like he is still battling his Flu. Hopefully these days off are helping with his recovery. When Z had the Flu in 2011 he was a shell of himself for a round maybe two. Lucky for us we had Seids on his A+ game to help.

Must be tough on these guys getting no rest and trying to fight off something like the flu. It only prolongs the recovery process. Maybe Jags should consider taking a game or two off to help the recovery process, and get his strength back?

Keep posting Jagr fans. Its great to have a different perspective on here. I am pretty sure Jagr doesn't like Mario, and anyone who doesn't like Mario is a friend of mine. Hopefully he will have a chance to stick it to him and his Penguins again in the conference finals.

Old
05-19-2013, 10:13 AM
JOKER 192

Gotta agree with you here,I was thinking the exact same thing the other night watching the game.Jagr looks like he could use a game or two off for sure.

Old
05-19-2013, 11:09 AM
Dennis Bonvie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti34 View Post
Sounds like he is still battling his Flu. Hopefully these days off are helping with his recovery. When Z had the Flu in 2011 he was a shell of himself for a round maybe two. Lucky for us we had Seids on his A+ game to help.

Must be tough on these guys getting no rest and trying to fight off something like the flu. It only prolongs the recovery process. Maybe Jags should consider taking a game or two off to help the recovery process, and get his strength back?

Keep posting Jagr fans. Its great to have a different perspective on here. I am pretty sure Jagr doesn't like Mario, and anyone who doesn't like Mario is a friend of mine. Hopefully he will have a chance to stick it to him and his Penguins again in the conference finals.
So what do you have against Mario?

Old
05-19-2013, 11:44 AM
jagrgodr

I don't know if he has a problem with Mario, but he certainly had a problem with Sid when Jagr was on the Rangers. They exchanged heated words during one playoff series because Jagr was calling him out to his face for being a diver.

Quote:
PITTSBURGH - Jaromir Jagr had had enough and seen enough. So he finally decided to say something to Sidney Crosby, the young wonderboy who would be the successor to Jagr's idol, Mario Lemieux.
When referee Dan O'Halloran raised his arm and assessed a holding penalty to Tyutin for what appeared to be a standard check, Jagr was fed up. So when he and Crosby crossed paths near the Rangers bench, Jagr got in Crosby's face and, according to a couple of rinkside witnesses, told the Pittsburgh captain to stop diving and stay on his feet.
Jagr approached Crosby again later in the period to bark something at him.
Asked about it afterward, Crosby said: "Just ask him. I wasn't the one talking."
Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ho...#ixzz2Tl2YLVem

he mad (LOL this is when Jagr had the amazingly bad playoff beard going where he almost had a hitler stache)

(if you are bored you can read a very funny article on Jagr's horrible playoff "beard" that i was talking about. http://www.cabbagesnkings.net/2008/0...game-face.html )

Old
05-19-2013, 12:08 PM
Yeti34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Bonvie View Post
So what do you have against Mario?
The constant whining. He might be the biggest hypocrite in the league.

Old
05-19-2013, 12:13 PM
Dennis Bonvie

Quote:
The constant whining. He might be the biggest hypocrite in the league.
As well as the man who saved hockey in Pittsburgh.

Old
05-19-2013, 01:32 PM
Yeti34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Bonvie View Post
As well as the man who saved hockey in Pittsburgh.
So did Crosby. Pitt fans won't watch unless they have a superstar.

Old
05-19-2013, 01:58 PM
takanoyama

It is not hot with Mario. Jagr invited him to 600 goals celebration in MSG. He and Shanahan could invite couple of people who were important for them. You can watch it on YouTube. On the other hand the Penguins fear Jagr.

Old
05-19-2013, 05:36 PM
Dennis Bonvie

Quote:
So did Crosby. Pitt fans won't watch unless they have a superstar.
Not until he becomes an owner of the team and keeps it from being moved to Kansas City, like Mario did.

Old
05-19-2013, 05:40 PM
Shadowthrone
Harken the Hammer

Couldn't watch the game today... How was Jagr doing?

Old
05-19-2013, 05:48 PM
takanoyama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowthrone View Post
Couldn't watch the game today... How was Jagr doing?
IMO he was solid. He should score after great pass by Bergeron. Good block before the 4th goal. He didnīt hold the puck too long as in previous games. Some good passes by him.

Old
05-19-2013, 05:50 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Jagr almost scored on one play, but robbed by Lundqvist. I think he's a solid presence on the boards. Obviously, not the force he used to be.

Old
05-19-2013, 05:54 PM
Shadowthrone
Harken the Hammer

I think he'll be fine and start to score more soon, and probably an important one, too.

Old
05-19-2013, 06:25 PM
Yeti34

Great game by Jags today. Night and day from the last game. Shifts are still pretty short compared to when he first got here through.

Old
05-19-2013, 06:59 PM
Shaun
beauty

vCash: 50
Danny Picard ‏@DannyPicard 11s
Jaromir Jagr is skating on the TD Garden ice, with a puck & no nets, at 8 pm after a 3 pm playoff win, jumpsuit & winter hat. #Bruins

Old
05-19-2013, 11:03 PM
HartfordBruin
3rd Cav

Closed Thread