HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs' off-season moves (all trades, proposals & free agent talk here) III

Closed Thread

Old
05-18-2013, 03:34 PM
Stripper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrowe21 View Post
Who do you trade for Talbot?

Also, I'd rather have AK back than Stalberg. Atleast when AK did hit he was a mack truck.
I'd start something with Diaz. I'm bad with trades, but if this could be a 1 on 1 it'd be cool, otherwise we/they can add stuff.

As for Andrei Kostitsyn back.. No thanks. So much expections from him, he didn't deliver. Do you really want someone that, just last year, decided to drink until 4am during the P.O.'s? Really bro? In a town that's "boring" compared to Montreal. Don't come at me with "he matured!". That's bullsh..! If at least that had happened 5 years ago.. no man, just last year he pulled that stunt off.

I'd rather have Stalberg. Cheaper and does the job he's supposed to do. I'd hope he's mature enough to not be in the party too much by now (he's 27).

Old
05-18-2013, 03:44 PM
Dagistitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripper View Post
I'd start something with Diaz. I'm bad with trades, but if this could be a 1 on 1 it'd be cool, otherwise we/they can add stuff.

As for Andrei Kostitsyn back.. No thanks. So much expections from him, he didn't deliver. Do you really want someone that, just last year, decided to drink until 4am during the P.O.'s? Really bro? In a town that's "boring" compared to Montreal. Don't come at me with "he matured!". That's bullsh..! If at least that had happened 5 years ago.. no man, just last year he pulled that stunt off.

I'd rather have Stalberg. Cheaper and does the job he's supposed to do. I'd hope he's mature enough to not be in the party too much by now (he's 27).
Funny enough, AK was Nashvilles best player the game after the night he supposedly drank until 4 am. Got a really nice goal, one of the only players who generated anything.. then was benched for the breaking curfew thing. Which I think was clearly blown up by the media and don't even believe it. None of that matters though, he wont be back. It was just my opinion, I'd take AK over Stalberg.

Old
05-18-2013, 03:50 PM
Stripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrowe21 View Post
Funny enough, AK was Nashvilles best player the game after the night he supposedly drank until 4 am. Got a really nice goal, one of the only players who generated anything.. then was benched for the breaking curfew thing. Which I think was clearly blown up by the media and don't even believe it. None of that matters though, he wont be back. It was just my opinion, I'd take AK over Stalberg.
Just shows that there was something we didn't know about... or else why would Nashville bench their two best players? It's cool, I respect your opinion, just don't accept it! :p

Old
05-18-2013, 04:02 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Just shows that there was something we didn't know about... or else why would Nashville bench their two best players? It's cool, I respect your opinion, just don't accept it! :p
Nashville benched their two best players and then failed to resign them, Ryan Suter ran away from Nashville, Dan Hamhuis ran away from Nashville, Shea Weber wanted to run away from Nashville, and this year they finished close to the basement.

This pattern of failure demonstrates a management problem.

Old
05-18-2013, 04:11 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

By the way, as much as we want to trade Ryder now...on a 82-game season, he will STILL score 25-30 goals next year. No matter where he plays. We need to replace that if we don't sign him.

Old
05-18-2013, 04:27 PM
WhiskeySeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
By the way, as much as we want to trade Ryder now...on a 82-game season, he will STILL score 25-30 goals next year. No matter where he plays. We need to replace that if we don't sign him.
It's fine and all but his cap hit and term might be a bit daunting. You never know when a player just hits a wall and stops performing.

Old
05-18-2013, 04:32 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
True, but he'll get a few multi-goal games, so for 20-25 games he'd be useful. The rest of the time he's pretty in-****ing-ept.

Old
05-18-2013, 04:33 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
It's fine and all but his cap hit and term might be a bit daunting. You never know when a player just hits a wall and stops performing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
True, but he'll get a few multi-goal games, so for 20-25 games he'd be useful. The rest of the time he's pretty in-****ing-ept.
By the way, I don't want him back...but Bergevin will need to work hard to get a replacement.

Old
05-18-2013, 05:06 PM
25get

Quote:

Stallberg will give you 20G-20A on a good year and we should expect 15G-15A.
He should fetch 2-2.5M on three years contract.

You can probably get AK for similar money and should expect 20G-20A on a regular year (25-25 on a good year).
Should fetch same money...

AK market value is lower these days.

Good asset management: Buy low, Sell High.

Old
05-18-2013, 08:15 PM
samsquanch9*

Is there any way the Habs could pick up Steve Downie? I think he would be awesome with Prust.

Old
05-18-2013, 10:52 PM
Nitehowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahnaMahna View Post
Is there any way the Habs could pick up Steve Downie? I think he would be awesome with Prust.
I see LA hasnt dressed Jordan Nolan last 2 games...with Pearson/Toffoli maybe passing him on the depth chart,I would go after him. Big sized winger that can fight

Old
05-18-2013, 11:18 PM
Stripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitehowl View Post
I see LA hasnt dressed Jordan Nolan last 2 games...with Pearson/Toffoli maybe passing him on the depth chart,I would go after him. Big sized winger that can fight
yes!

Old
05-18-2013, 11:58 PM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Andrei Kostitsyn back here would simply add yet another inconsistent big bodied dude who is off-and-on. I find it odd he didn't get signed somewhere since teams do pay for 20 goal scorers even though they are inconsistent. But we are not in desperate need for his services at all. We need forwards BETTER than what he brought to us.

Old
05-19-2013, 12:05 AM
NewHabsEra*

Clarkson would be my priority no.1

Boyd Gordon centering our fourth line would be great..

Old
05-19-2013, 12:14 AM
NLHabsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Clarkson would be my priority no.1

Boyd Gordon centering our fourth line would be great..
Those would be my two targets for what looks to be our openings upfront right now. Adding a HW enforcer as an extra forward would be nice as well.

Old
05-19-2013, 08:07 AM
LeHabsMan

I really dot understand the Clarkson love. New Jersey fans dont want him back for the price he will demand.

They have seen him play for a long time nd dont want him. Why would we? Is size really that important to Montreal? i dont think so.

Old
05-19-2013, 08:11 AM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prallchengher View Post
Andrei Kostitsyn back here would simply add yet another inconsistent big bodied dude who is off-and-on. I find it odd he didn't get signed somewhere since teams do pay for 20 goal scorers even though they are inconsistent. But we are not in desperate need for his services at all. We need forwards BETTER than what he brought to us.
In this year's poor UFA market it's likely he will be signed in the NHL somewhere, and perhaps overpaid.

Old
05-19-2013, 08:15 AM
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeHabsMan View Post
I really dot understand the Clarkson love. New Jersey fans dont want him back for the price he will demand.

They have seen him play for a long time nd dont want him. Why would we? Is size really that important to Montreal? i dont think so.
He's a third line forward being carried by top line team mates. Clowe has now had two concussions during his time in NYR, he's going to be a real "tough guy" here I'm sure.

If it were up to me, I'd explore trade options or move aging assets and continue the rebuild. Don't think next year is the year for us. Free Agency is not the answer at forward, defence or in goal based on this year's crop.

Old
05-19-2013, 10:56 AM
Andy

Stalberg? Really guys? Jeeze.

Old
05-19-2013, 11:00 AM
habsrule22

what about going after pascal dupuis he doesn t get any power play time he is good defensively Pittsburgh probably won t be able to keep him

Old
05-19-2013, 11:05 AM
Frozenice
the random dude

Kulemin is a player I'd like to see as a Hab, if rumours are to be believed he has been shopped around in deals around the league in the past couple of years so it's not like he would be an untouchable. Kulemin will be UFA next year and I think he'd fit in with our team philosophy.

If Toronto isn't in it at the trade deadline or if Noonis decides to blow it up in Leafland, he's a player I'd like to go after. He's not worth a lot but he would cost more then he's worth, if that means anything, lol.

Maybe a 2nd tier prospect and a 2nd in 2014, I don't see us giving up a draft pick in this year's draft.

Old
05-19-2013, 12:21 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
Kulemin is a player I'd like to see as a Hab, if rumours are to be believed he has been shopped around in deals around the league in the past couple of years so it's not like he would be an untouchable. Kulemin will be UFA next year and I think he'd fit in with our team philosophy.

If Toronto isn't in it at the trade deadline or if Noonis decides to blow it up in Leafland, he's a player I'd like to go after. He's not worth a lot but he would cost more then he's worth, if that means anything, lol.

Maybe a 2nd tier prospect and a 2nd in 2014, I don't see us giving up a draft pick in this year's draft.
Kulemin is the only damn leaf I like. I'd take him any day.

Old
05-19-2013, 12:26 PM
elsubz

We have the possibility to re-unite our legendary 3rd line of 2008-2009 this summer

Begin-Lapierre-Latendresse

Old
05-19-2013, 12:29 PM
Ezpz
No mad pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Stalberg? Really guys? Jeeze.
We need a third liner who can pot 20 goals with minimal PP time for depth purposes. Why not get younger and turn Ryder into a guy who can skate and move up when guys are injured? Although if Gionta isn't ready to start the season/forced to retire we may be screwed on the right side if Kristo/Leblanc can't step in.

I'm almost more excited for this off-season than last. We knew there were contracts to wait out last season and the draft would be the main thing to look forward to. This is truly the summer where the roster shift really starts to take place, with next summer potentially being a huge franchise defining one.

Old
05-19-2013, 01:15 PM
WhiskeySeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsubz View Post
We have the possibility to re-unite our legendary 3rd line of 2008-2009 this summer

Begin-Lapierre-Latendresse
Kostopoulous not Begin.

Closed Thread