HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Frolik

Old
05-19-2013, 12:01 AM
LarmerSavardSecord

vCash: 500
In a down cap year, you don't keep a guy that plays PK and 4th line duty getting $2m+. Hopefully some team will think he can play a bigger role and trade for him. But on the hawks he has no chance of ever rising above his role. I'm sure the team, with the best 5x5 GAA vs the 6th best PK, can get by having a more talented Rockford forward take that role at 1/3 the cap hit.

LarmerSavardSecord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 07:13 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Frolik and Krüger are actually the best Hawks PK pairing.

Krüger and Frolik were on the ice DOUBLE the time Toews and Hossa were on the PK and they got double the goals against while being on the ice.

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 07:25 AM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
Frolik and Krüger are actually the best Hawks PK pairing.

Krüger and Frolik were on the ice DOUBLE the time Toews and Hossa were on the PK and they got double the goals against while being on the ice.
PK is ALL they do, they should be rested and ready for their role, don't you think?

Marotte Marauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 12:50 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

has nothing to do with the comment, but whatever. I don't care why they are good at it, I care about that they are good. Right now, those is our best PK unit as it was said and this talk is about.

Old
05-19-2013, 02:14 PM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
has nothing to do with the comment, but whatever. I don't care why they are good at it, I care about that they are good. Right now, those is our best PK unit as it was said and this talk is about.
Don't mention 19 and 81 then in a post about Kruger and Frolik, there is no comparison to be made.

Marotte Marauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 10:02 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marotte Marauder View Post
Don't mention 19 and 81 then in a post about Kruger and Frolik, there is no comparison to be made.
Your right, in terms of their effectiveness on the PK, there is no comparison to be made. Don't be mad. Don't call him out. He said their the Hawks top PKing unit (which is true) and backed it up with a stat.

Did he say Kruger and Frolik are better players than Toews/Hossa? Don't think so.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 02:52 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

no Hoss, I'm sorry but how can Toews be any better than Krüger or Frolik? They score as much as him with less ice time and no PP time to speak of AND they have a better +/- ... a stat MM loves to bring up when it helps his point.

Old
05-20-2013, 02:56 AM
Pez68
Fire Quenneville

There's a difference between being the most used PK forward unit, and the best option... If the game's on the line and the Hawks are shorthanded, I don't want Kruger and Frolik on the ice over Toews and Hossa, and nobody in their sane mind would.

How anyone can consider Kruger among the top PK forwards in the NHL is beyond me. 38% during the regular season, and 22% in the playoffs in the circles when shorthanded. Yeah...clearly an elite PKer... Give me a break.

Pez68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 03:22 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

they even mentioned Krüger and Frolik yesterday on NBC during the Boston game as being a good example for good PK

It's their ****ing job on our roster and they do it almost perfectly so far in the POs

Old
05-20-2013, 07:04 AM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez68 View Post
There's a difference between being the most used PK forward unit, and the best option... If the game's on the line and the Hawks are shorthanded, I don't want Kruger and Frolik on the ice over Toews and Hossa, and nobody in their sane mind would.

How anyone can consider Kruger among the top PK forwards in the NHL is beyond me. 38% during the regular season, and 22% in the playoffs in the circles when shorthanded. Yeah...clearly an elite PKer... Give me a break.
I like to think I'm in my sane mind, and I'm just as comfortable with Kruger and Frolik on the PK as I am with Toews and Hossa. That includes with 2 minutes left in a 1-1 game.

TorMenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 07:41 AM
Sevanston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez68 View Post

Probably has something to do with his playing on the 1st unit of a top 3 PK all year long.

It's almost like killing penalties isn't only about winning faceoffs.

Insanity, I know.

Sevanston is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 08:07 AM
hockeydoug

2.3 for 12 effective minutes a game makes keeping him a borderline decision in my opinion. So many things to consider. I really want Chicago to carry 8 NHL dmen for next year and I don't want to see both Bickell and Stalberg gone.

Given the weak FA market I think FAs will be a little more expensive than they might have been, even the RFAs. Frolik will probably be a little too much of a luxury to keep around if everybody is healthy this offseason.

hockeydoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 11:05 AM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeydoug View Post
2.3 for 12 effective minutes a game makes keeping him a borderline decision in my opinion. So many things to consider. I really want Chicago to carry 8 NHL dmen for next year and I don't want to see both Bickell and Stalberg gone.

Given the weak FA market I think FAs will be a little more expensive than they might have been, even the RFAs. Frolik will probably be a little too much of a luxury to keep around if everybody is healthy this offseason.
Those were my thoughts for you guys as well. We have lots of cap space and really only have 4 2way forwards on our roster. I also wonder if Frolik's numbers might get a little better inside the top 9 instead of outside it. I wouldn't buy him out or anything, but if you can get a decent prospect or pick back and it allows you to sign Stalberg and/or Bickell it makes some sense to me.

Double Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 12:47 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeydoug View Post

Why would the Hawks carry 8 dmen?

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 03:52 PM
hockeydoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Why would the Hawks carry 8 dmen?
23-man roster. I don't want Lalonde, Clendening, Stanton, etc. to be the number 8 or the number 7. Chicago is going to dress 8 or 9 or more dmen over the course of the year like everybody else. I want 8 of them to be legitimate bottom pair types. That will cost a little more than league min obviously. Somebody is likely to be on IR most of the year and plenty of forwards will still be able to move back and forth.

Last edited by hockeydoug: 05-20-2013 at 06:03 PM. Reason: extra words
hockeydoug is offline   Reply With Quote