Notices

OT: Spiller and Bochenski on waivers

Old
10-01-2006, 04:55 PM
ranold26
Registered Loser

vCash: 500
OT: Spiller and Bochenski on waivers

CHI forward Brandon Bochenski and PHX defenceman Matthew Spiller are on waivers today.

ranold26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2006, 05:36 PM
PlayMakers
Hockey's Future Staff

I'm shocked Chicago would waive Bochenski. That guy tore up his last 2 years of college, then tore up the AHL for 1 and a half seasons. It's just a matter of time before he becomes a productive NHLer.

PlayMakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2006, 05:39 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by wladd77 View Post
I'm shocked Chicago would waive Bochenski. That guy tore up his last 2 years of college, then tore up the AHL for 1 and a half seasons. It's just a matter of time before he becomes a productive NHLer.
I would rather have him than Tenkrat or Brookbank.

Bruwinz37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2006, 05:50 PM
dafoomie
Eat Mor Chikin

Send a message via AIM to dafoomie
I'd take a flyer on Bochenski anytime. I'm sure Chiarelli is very familiar with him, and if anyone knows if he could play or not, its him.

dafoomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2006, 06:23 PM
CombatOnContact

Send a message via MSN to CombatOnContact
I wouldn't be surprised if Chiarelli picked up Bochenski. Not exactly sure how he felt about the kid, but at the very least, he'd be a good farm player and can easily fill in a top line role if injuries occured. He'll come pretty cheap and he's a much better backup plan than Petr Tenkrat.

If, God forbid, someone like Sturm, Boyes or Murray were to go down, I think Bochenski could fill in for their offense. I would have much much much less faith in Tenkrat.

CombatOnContact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2006, 06:25 PM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatOnContact View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if Chiarelli picked up Bochenski. Not exactly sure how he felt about the kid, but at the very least, he'd be a good farm player and can easily fill in a top line role if injuries occured. He'll come pretty cheap and he's a much better backup plan than Petr Tenkrat.

If, God forbid, someone like Sturm, Boyes or Murray were to go down, I think Bochenski could fill in for their offense. I would have much much much less faith in Tenkrat.
if the bruins picked him off waivers, he'd have to play in boston. otherwise, when they tried to send him to providence, chicago would have the option of just taking him back, which they would.

neelynugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2006, 06:27 PM
WickedBruinsGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs View Post
if the bruins picked him off waivers, he'd have to play in boston. otherwise, when they tried to send him to providence, chicago would have the option of just taking him back, which they would.
Kind of like that whole Craig Anderson deal.

WickedBruinsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2006, 06:30 PM
CombatOnContact

Quote:
that is true. Well, still I'd take him and waive Tenkrat. He can rotate 4th line duties with Stastny, Mowers, and Hoggan. And as I said, fill in on the top lines if necessary or if they want to mix it up to generate more offense.

Old
10-01-2006, 06:32 PM
acr*

Kessel-Bergeron-Boyes
Sturm-Savard-Murray
Axelsson-Primeau-Donovan
Boschenski-Mowers-Hoggan

Do it Chia, Do it.

acr* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2006, 06:32 PM
neelynugs

Quote:
that is true. Well, still I'd take him and waive Tenkrat. He can rotate 4th line duties with Stastny, Mowers, and Hoggan. And as I said, fill in on the top lines if necessary or if they want to mix it up to generate more offense.
i'd like to see tenkrat dumped, but he is pulling in a one-way contract. basically, you'd have to hope he declined providence and went back to finland. and since chia's fingerprints are on this move, i think we're going to be subjected to tenkrat all season. hopefully he can use his speed for good instead of evil.

Old
10-01-2006, 06:33 PM
Silva

Send a message via AIM to Silva
Quote:
i'd like to see tenkrat dumped, but he is pulling in a one-way contract. basically, you'd have to hope he declined providence and went back to finland. and since chia's fingerprints are on this move, i think we're going to be subjected to tenkrat all season. hopefully he can use his speed for good instead of evil.

Silva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2006, 06:34 PM
ranold26
Registered Loser

Bochenski makes 602,000 and is an RFA next year.

ranold26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2006, 06:34 PM
CombatOnContact

Quote:
It would be nice if Chiarelli could just admit his mistake and move on. Bochenski is a MUCH better option. Maybe you should have a talk with him nugs

Old
10-01-2006, 06:37 PM
neelynugs

Quote:
It would be nice if Chiarelli could just admit his mistake and move on. Bochenski is a MUCH better option. Maybe you should have a talk with him nugs
to be fair, i haven't seen tenkrat in any exhibition games this year...only saw him in practice. but some people have said he's done ok with his speed and skills. i think he's sticking around, at least for a little while. stastny may wind up getting an unhappy phone call re: providence, which i'm not in favor of

Old
10-01-2006, 06:38 PM
CombatOnContact

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranold26 View Post
Bochenski makes 602,000 and is an RFA next year.
Tenkrat is on the bill for 525k. Bochenski as an RFA doesn't worry me at all. If he has a great season and is worth resigning, then worry about it then. He's not a guy that I would be worried about cutting loose as an RFA.

Old
10-01-2006, 06:40 PM
CombatOnContact

Quote:
to be fair, i haven't seen tenkrat in any exhibition games this year...only saw him in practice. but some people have said he's done ok with his speed and skills. i think he's sticking around, at least for a little while. stastny may wind up getting an unhappy phone call re: providence, which i'm not in favor of
Do you know if Chiarelli had any previous connection to Tenkrat? It was his first move and it seemed like he targetted Tenkrat. Did he really want the guy or something for some reason?

Old
10-01-2006, 06:48 PM
BadBruins

Quote:
Exactly my thoughts.

BadBruins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2006, 07:28 PM
Greek_physique
Caron - Legit SNIPER

M.Spiller was a high 2nd round pick.
I always thought he had potential to be a top 4dman...wonder what went wrong

10-01-2006, 08:05 PM
Cheesy

Quote:
Tenkrat wasn't bad at all yesterday. He scored a goal and his line with Mowers and Hoggan was probably the most consistent line in that game. Hoggan especially was a nut, he was hitting everything in sight every time he was on the ice.

Cheesy is offline   Reply With Quote