HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Eastern Semifinal: (1) Pittsburgh Penguins vs. (7) Ottawa Senators PT II

Closed Thread

Old
05-19-2013, 02:56 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charon View Post
The 2-0 series lead that the Pens have taken in this series matches my expectations in this series so far. We will probably see Pittsburgh take it in 4, or 5 if Anderson can manage to steal one for them.

In the first round, Ottawa beat a depleted, battered and bruised Montreal team whose goalie was far from being on his game. Pittsburgh is a much deeper team and is a more challenging matchup overall than the team Ottawa faced in the first round.

Karlsson and Anderson looked pretty bad yesterday. Ottawa needs these guys to be at the top of their game in order to compete against the Pens (or any of the other playoff teams remaining).
With our 2 best players playing their worst hockey in a long time Ottawa still managed to play close games against Pitts. Yes, that's very telling about how deep Pitts is and how **** Ottawa is, amirite

Last edited by Screw You Rick Nash: 05-19-2013 at 03:12 PM.
Old
05-19-2013, 03:05 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphyDump View Post
Glass is actually a PK regular. Him, Adams, Dupuis and Cooke.

So by removing him from the ice, you ARE actually losing a PK forward.

Glass provides nothing but a physical edge, but he's too slow for the playoffs and can't be effective.

The Pens will probably get smoked on the dot tonight and Jokinen could easily solve that problem. He's one of the league's best. Because Jokinen isn't in, Adams and his 42% faceoff is on the dot. Not good.

There's barely any fighting in the playoffs, so those inferring to Glass using his fists are way off. Don't need him.
our PK has looked considerably better while he's been scratched too. And Jokinen has killed penalties for years while actually playing center. We basically have 3 centers if we play Glass instead of Jussi. If he's in purely for his toughness, I'd rather dress Engo as a 7th D and occasional 4th line forward.

Old
05-19-2013, 03:10 PM
Beau Knows
Captain Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
With our 2 best players playing their worst hockey in a long time Ottawa still managed to play close games against Pitts. Yes, that's very telling about how deep Pitts is and how **** Ottawa is, amirite

What's going on with the hockey knowledge in this thread?
Where did he say Ottawa is terrible? Nothing he said was crazy. Predicting Pittsburgh to win in 4 or 5 might not be flattering to Ottawa, but it's not a crazy prediction.

Old
05-19-2013, 03:14 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau Knows View Post
Where did he say Ottawa is terrible? Nothing he said was crazy. Predicting Pittsburgh to win in 4 or 5 might not be flattering to Ottawa, but it's not a crazy prediction.
He basically said we beat Montreal because they were completely off their game and that we are facing a deeper Pitts team which is why they should win in 4 games yet however we have played close games with Pitts with very poor play from our top 2 players. So if our top 2 players were playing like they were against Montreal, does that mean we were good? Or did we still win cause they sucked? Does it also mean if our top 2 players performed in games 1 and 2 Pitts wouldn't win in 4 and 5? Discrediting Ottawa and pimping Pitts when the games show otherwise. Logic makes absolutely no sense.

Old
05-19-2013, 03:16 PM
redsox7327

Good series!

Old
05-19-2013, 03:20 PM
Beau Knows
Captain Canada

Quote:
He basically said we beat Montreal because they were completely off their game and that we are facing a deeper Pitts team which is why they should win in 4 games yet however we have played close games with Pitts with very poor play from our top 2 players. So if our top 2 players were playing like they were against Montreal, does that mean we were good? Or did we still win cause they sucked? Does it also mean if our top 2 players performed in games 1 and 2 Pitts wouldn't win in 4 and 5? Discrediting Ottawa and pimping Pitts when the games show otherwise. Logic makes absolutely no sense.
The games were close but Pittsburgh has been the better team and more importantly has won both games. Predicting a 4 or 5 game series doesn't necessarily mean every game will be 10-0.

Ottawas top players haven't been great but Pittsburgh has more offensive depth to beat Anderson with and to expose Karlsson's skating issues. I'm not saying Pittsburgh will win in 4 or 5, just that there isn't anything wrong with that prediction.

Old
05-19-2013, 03:38 PM
Melnyks Mirage
We are what we are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau Knows View Post
The games were close but Pittsburgh has been the better team and more importantly has won both games. Predicting a 4 or 5 game series doesn't necessarily mean every game will be 10-0.

Ottawas top players haven't been great but Pittsburgh has more offensive depth to beat Anderson with and to expose Karlsson's skating issues. I'm not saying Pittsburgh will win in 4 or 5, just that there isn't anything wrong with that prediction.
Yeah, I have to agree with this. We can grind the hell out of the Pens and make a run of it but a loss in 4 or 5 shouldn't be upsetting, we just don't have a Malkin, a Crosby. Karlsson at full strength is probably better/even to Letang but that Pens team is loaded.

Old
05-19-2013, 03:39 PM
BROOKLYnKNIGHTS

Quote:
The score doesn't tell the story. Pens look determined and dominate while Ottawa is slow and disinterested. Anderson has been shaky which isn't a surprise but he isn't the problem. The Pens skilled guys are just embarrassing Ottawa and Bylsma is out coaching

Old
05-19-2013, 03:54 PM
billybudd
5 Mike Rupps

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOKLYnKNIGHTS View Post
The score doesn't tell the story. Pens look determined and dominate while Ottawa is slow and disinterested. Anderson has been shaky which isn't a surprise but he isn't the problem. The Pens skilled guys are just embarrassing Ottawa and Bylsma is out coaching
I love that Pittsburgh and Long Island can complete a close, physical. hard fought series between each other and come away with little to no animosity between anyone in either organization or their respective fanbases. Probably the only two teams in the Atlantic vs each other that such a thing would be possible.

Old
05-19-2013, 03:55 PM
Novak Djokovic
MARC METHOT's #1 FAN

vCash: 966
All I'm hoping for is a hostile Scotiabank Place tonight, and a great hockey game... in which the Sens come out victorious.

That's all I want.

Old
05-19-2013, 04:09 PM
Step
GO SENS GO

Almost 2 hours till game time. Shall we unlock the GDT?

Old
05-19-2013, 04:23 PM
TrueGrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak Djokovic View Post
All I'm hoping for is a hostile Scotiabank Place tonight, and a great hockey game... in which the Sens come out victorious.

That's all I want.
I too would settle for this.

Old
05-19-2013, 04:28 PM
TrueGrit

Great GDT btw, very well done!

Old
05-19-2013, 04:34 PM
hockeyalltheway
Get well soon, GMBM.

vCash: 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueGrit View Post
Great GDT btw, very well done!
Thank you!

05-19-2013, 05:26 PM
SinfulCobraZ
87SidGeno71

Awesome GDT. Best one I've seen. Keep it up. Love the Keys to the Game part. Very well done.

Old
05-19-2013, 10:49 PM
BigEyedPhish

Daniel Alfredsson...

I'd say it is definitely not his last year...
his C mine as well be an H for Heart... Heart of his team...

His play on his team, especially against an obviously overly-talented Penguins team is honestly, inspiring..

So this is Alfy's Joe Sakic playoff thread.. (Where would be one as well if Joe Sakic scored it).

Old
05-19-2013, 10:55 PM
Chip Chipperson

Def coming back for one more year.

If Spezza and Karlsson stay healthy next year, who knows what could happen, I would love to see him get a cup. Not that I am writing this year off by any means.

Praise Alfie!

Old
05-19-2013, 10:56 PM
nTsplnk*

Alfie scored a big goal and he's still good defensively. As long as he isn't a liability I don't see why he should retire. Love those kind of players

Old
05-19-2013, 10:57 PM
The Latvian
#rooster #classless

Unlock the series talk thread already!!!!!

Old
05-19-2013, 10:57 PM
dystemper

murray needs to convince melnyk to spend to the cap if alfie decides to play another year... with all their capspace, they have room for 2+ premiere players and then some.

Old
05-19-2013, 10:59 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Ottawa's 2nd best player tonight imo.

Old
Alex The Loyal
Grimace Returns

Yay for the good guys! Now just gotta even it up

Old
MattMartin
KillerInstinct™

Send a message via MSN to MattMartin
The tears taste so good!!!!! GO SENS GO!

Old
PatrickEaves
Karan S'Jet

Quote:
Originally Posted by dystemper View Post
murray needs to convince melnyk to spend to the cap if alfie decides to play another year... with all their capspace, they have room for 2+ premiere players and then some.
LOL

Have you taken a look at the free agent class this offseason?

Old
05-19-2013, 11:00 PM
Deku Scrub
Stay Strong Murray

vCash: 3900
Crazy game... we're back in this. Don't think we'll win, but glad we didn't get swept

Closed Thread