HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

New York at Boston Pt. II

Closed Thread

Old
05-19-2013, 04:03 PM
NYRANGERAMI

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
I love this place, but can't stand the amount of non-hockey playing posters who have no clue about the game/individual players. ie. getting on Lundqvist.

Rough man.
99% it seems have never played a game of hockey. They think the puck moves in slow motion. "Well if he's on the left and the puck goes right why didnt he just move right and make the save"....

Old
Glennsoe
Horndog

vCash: 500
last 20 we must shot more, and no..not into Rask's chest - I noticed he usualy "jumps" when we shot at him so if we shot along the ice we might score..

then we must screen Rask more...Get big guys in front of him...like Kreider..or put zuke in front of him to confuse him...

Old
NYR27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calad View Post
It feels like they are outplaying boston today, we need to convert more on these chances
This...

We have without a doubt been the better team today

Old
05-19-2013, 04:04 PM
nevesis

Let's take a lead maybe? Or score a power play goal? I am all for that!!!

Old
NYRANGERAMI

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR27 View Post
This...

We have without a doubt been the better team today
This game will be won by the Rangers. Have No Fear.

Old
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by First Man In View Post
The Bruins play a championship level game. When a team's 4th line outplays your ****ing 1st line, you don't deserve to win a game! It's not all about Hank here.
I can't take this anymore. People would rather **** on all of the skaters that DOMINATED the Bruins in the 2nd period than say a negative thing about Hank. STOP!!!! Just because he's great doesn't mean he's above criticism and you have to grasp at straws and **** on the team that has dominated the ****ing game to make him look good. It's ridiculous.

Old
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

vCash: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by First Man In View Post
Lol you're cracking me up. So where did you play goal?
Not allowed to talk about it, but all I can say is that I gotta suit back up for the third period and you ******** are hurting my feelings.

Old
Vidic15

Brassard has been lazy on the backcheck. Looks tired out there at times.

Old
05-19-2013, 04:05 PM
Nac Mac Feegle

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRANGERAMI View Post
Watch the replay..Watch the shooter pick his spot. Even if Lundy can see around on the left, the puck is moving too fast. When he sees... the shot is out and in.
meh....he could've stopped the last goal. You don't have to necessarily see the puck 100% of the time to stop it. Sometimes when there's traffic, you have to use your hockey IQ to follow the play, know what's developing and anticipate the play/shot.

I have played in net a bit and often when you can't see (I'm 5-7, so I have a lot of experience in not seeing in net), you take your queues from the way the players flow in front of you. Players often act "like water," in a manner of speaking. They tend to flow towards the puck, and following the movement and reactions of the guys in front can tell you when and where the puck is being passed, and where the shot is coming from without actually seeing the shot.

Old
05-19-2013, 04:06 PM
nevesis

Quote:
99% it seems have never played a game of hockey. They think the puck moves in slow motion. "Well if he's on the left and the puck goes right why didnt he just move right and make the save"....
Haha yup. Just have to laugh it off man. We know where the real problems are with this team.

Old
egelband

all i can say is that it has been a pretty even game. i think the rangers have been a bit better but the bruins have gotten a few better bounces and have the lead. this isnt over, though. of course. i have a good feeling.

Old
SA16
Two by two...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Yes. I made mention of this on the main board. That's besides the point. Usually the Rangers also play a tighter style, plus his amazing games counterbalance the garbage he puts up. He's just madly inconsistent.
Well his stdev goals/game in the playoffs (for career) is 1.50 and in the regular season (over past 3 years) is 1.23 so you may be right. Playoff sample might be slightly thrown off though by my including his rookie season where he gave up 6,4,3 in 3 games and the overall sample is much less than the regular season (and i already closed excel and don't have time to redo without them in now)

Old
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Quote:
This game will be won by the Rangers. Have No Fear.
If theres anything worse than an overly negative fan, its...

Old
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

How are we playing on the PP? Same ****?

Old
IHeartMattCooke

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFiP View Post
So much for hank owning the bruins, hes the reason we'll be down 2-0.
Building a team from the goaltender out doesn't mean rely on your goalie to win every game. You want to lay blame? Lay it on our power play. If we lose, it's in Torts' lap, not Hanks.

Old
Kershaw

Very few goalies win with 2 goal support.

Old
HoosierDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0rbid View Post
They dont practice that.
Too bad for us that's just one of many things we don't practice. Watch the powerless play, not one Ranger in the slot. Everyone following the puck like 6 year olds.

Old
HockeyStickHomicide
Registered Abuser

Am I really starting to understand that this forum thinks that HANK is the reason why we barely got out of the first round and lost last night?

Not our SUPREME lack of power play, lack of first period goals, lack of any want to play in the first period, lack of ability to clear the puck out of our zone, lack of Richards or Nash not to be invisible. etc etc etc.

Nope. Its HANK.

Yall retarded.

Old
05-19-2013, 04:07 PM
Affinity

Can we put Girardi back with McD. Girardi and MDZ are just disastrous together. It's painful to watch.

Old
SnowblindNYR

The Rangers' defense has been BAD in the 48 games, outside of the first 3 games of the season that can be attributed to the lockout when did he allow 3 goals in 5 out of 9 games this season? Please answer this Lundqvist apologists. He's playing WELL below his standards. Stop being Lundqvist apologists because he plays well in the regular season and steals a couple of games in the playoffs, consistency is key in the playoffs. This is abso-****ing-lutely unacceptable on his part.

Old
5 4 Fighting
Big member

vCash: 400
Screw you guys, i'm going to go eat Ben & Jerry's and watch Nurse Jackie until the third period is back on

Old
aufheben
Jung at heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Affinity View Post
Can we put Girardi back with McD. Girardi and MDZ are just disastrous together. It's painful to watch.
Yeah what is the reasoning behind Del Zotto - Girardi?

Old
05-19-2013, 04:08 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
The only ones I question are the ones that can never blame the goalie for missing a puck. Like you and nevesis. Hank has had a very, very poor game for an elite goaltender. He's not even playing average -- far below it. Even on the saves he is making he looks shaky. This is a bad game by him. Some of you guys need to wake up and realize that. Hank should not be immune from criticism.

"Okay, Joel. You've had your fun. Give your brother his pads back." - Trxjw
Old
05-19-2013, 04:08 PM
NYRANGERAMI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nac Mac Feegle View Post
meh....he could've stopped the last goal. You don't have to necessarily see the puck 100% of the time to stop it. Sometimes when there's traffic, you have to use your hockey IQ to follow the play, know what's developing and anticipate the play/shot.

I have played in net a bit and often when you can't see (I'm 5-7, so I have a lot of experience in not seeing in net), you take your queues from the way the players flow in front of you. Players often act "like water," in a manner of speaking. They tend to flow towards the puck, and following the movement and reactions of the guys in front can tell you when and where the puck is being passed, and where the shot is coming from without actually seeing the shot.
Your not gonna anticipate top corner. Plus it wasnt like the guy was rushed. he got the puck setup and picked a spot. So really its the opposite in this case. The shooter was the one following the keeper and knew he wasnt gonna be anywhere near top corner. Watch the replay and see how Lundy reacts even after the puck went in. Its almost like he is saying. "It went in?"

Old
05-19-2013, 04:09 PM
Kreider
My name is Nils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Very few goalies win with 2 goal support.
It's only the second period

And very few teams Erin games when their goalie gives up three bad goals