HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Wings humiliate the Hawks 4-1

Old
05-19-2013, 12:46 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

vCash: 500
Toews only said that to get the attention and more calls. It worked for the Wild after Yeo complained and it worked for so many others too.

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 01:36 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Worst game I have ever been to. Let's see if Q can check his ego now. Apparently the Wings are not going away quietly.

HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 01:45 PM
TwistedWrister90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
Toews only said that to get the attention and more calls. It worked for the Wild after Yeo complained and it worked for so many others too.
Ok but the Hawks aren't the Canucks. Hossa needs to stop diving and Toews needs to stop whining about the refs. They don't need to do this garbage to win games. Toews is just pissed off bc Zetterberg was manhandling him the whole game. He should be embarrassed by that performance. Hopefully he'll step it up bc we all know how good he can be.

I'm kind of glad that the Wings won. It should be a wake up call for the Hawks. They haven't been playing anywhere near as good as they should be.

TwistedWrister90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 02:21 PM
RFIP
I LOVE CRAWFORD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nds90 View Post
Ok but the Hawks aren't the Canucks. Hossa needs to stop diving and Toews needs to stop whining about the refs. They don't need to do this garbage to win games. Toews is just pissed off bc Zetterberg was manhandling him the whole game. He should be embarrassed by that performance. Hopefully he'll step it up bc we all know how good he can be.

I'm kind of glad that the Wings won. It should be a wake up call for the Hawks. They haven't been playing anywhere near as good as they should be.
Yeah I have never seen Hoss dive like this before but in all honesty, it seems to be the only d@mn time they call a penalty! (But I still hate to see it).

Not to mention, going on the PP is a waste of 2 minutes anyhow...

RFIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 03:12 PM
Blue Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nds90 View Post

Kind of hoping the same. Just one game so far from panic mode but definitely need to see a bounce-back next game. Stealing a game in Chicago is huge for Detroit. Need to go take two in their building.

Blue Liner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 03:15 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFIP View Post
Yeah I have never seen Hoss dive like this before but in all honesty, it seems to be the only d@mn time they call a penalty! (But I still hate to see it).

Not to mention, going on the PP is a waste of 2 minutes anyhow...
Did he dive yesterday?

Old
05-19-2013, 04:16 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
Did he dive yesterday?
twice

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 04:31 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
twice
I was at the game, hard to see it. Wonder if somebody made a youtube yet.

Old
05-19-2013, 04:46 PM
HeisenBaez

Detroit needed game 2 moreso then the Hawks. It doesn't excuse the unprofessional effort the Hawks show, tho. With that said, I am confident Q will make the appropiate changes and the Hawks retake control on this series. Hawks are superior and they need to play like they are the superior team.

HeisenBaez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 05:46 PM
BobbyJet

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludhavenHawks View Post
Detroit needed game 2 moreso then the Hawks. It doesn't excuse the unprofessional effort the Hawks show, tho. With that said, I am confident Q will make the appropiate changes and the Hawks retake control on this series. Hawks are superior and they need to play like they are the superior team.
I wish I shared that confidence. Benching Stalberg and creating that distraction seems to have impacted Hawks in a negative fashion.... Now Wings are filled with confidence and have momentum - they will be tough to beat. We need to find a way to swing that momentum on Detroit ice. No easy task.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 06:08 PM
BronYrAur

All of this discussion about Q is pretty ridiculous and overblown. If Stalberg/Carcillo or your coach is what causes you to lose a hockey game, you have a serious problem. The Hawks didn't show up which seems to be pretty common for them in these early games. It really amazes me that the team that dominated game 1 could just utterly suck yesterday.

This team plays better on the road and I'd be extremely surprised if they didn't win at least one of the next two.

Talk of "momentum to the Wings" is nonsense. It's a 1-1 series! Relax! Hawks gave the Wings the same beating in the first game and the Wings certainly didn't just shrug their shoulders and let the Hawks just run right over them.

BronYrAur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 06:13 PM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BronYrAur View Post
All of this discussion about Q is pretty ridiculous and overblown. If Stalberg/Carcillo or your coach is what causes you to lose a hockey game, you have a serious problem. The Hawks didn't show up which seems to be pretty common for them in these early games. It really amazes me that the team that dominated game 1 could just utterly suck yesterday.

This team plays better on the road and I'd be extremely surprised if they didn't win at least one of the next two.

Talk of "momentum to the Wings" is nonsense. It's a 1-1 series! Relax! Hawks gave the Wings the same beating in the first game and the Wings certainly didn't just shrug their shoulders and let the Hawks just run right over them.
Scotty Bowman always said Game 2 of a 7 game series was the most critical, you are free to disagree of course.

Marotte Marauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 07:47 PM
BobbyJet

Quote:

Anyone who just watched coaches corner, Cherry just hit the nail on the head, saying that Hawks were winning too easily during the season and were not playing the type of intense game needed to win in the POs., and still aren't. They need to amp it up, and quickly or Wings will eliminate them. And btw, before his comments, Cherry said he was going for the Hawks, cause he likes Q.

Old
05-19-2013, 07:51 PM
madgoat33

I'd hardly say we were winning easily...most of our games were 1 goal. that said, we looked far better early on. way more aggressive defensively. old, bad habits from previous seasons have crept back in. we give up too much time and space and rely far too much on waving the stick around over taking the body.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 08:43 PM
BobbyJet

Quote:

No, Wings didn't just shrug their shoulders. They kicked our ass on home ice, now they're going home. I call that momentum.

Old
05-19-2013, 10:06 PM
pvr
Kruger Line=2.5 Men

That was one tough game to watch. Don't want to read through all of the posts. I'm going to offer some of my opinions, though.

I believe that Quenneville has been heavily outcoached, and he's effectively given away home ice advantage.

Not taking advantage of the last change: Babcock has chosen to play Datsyuk against Handzus, and he's destroying our second line. For a coach who's famous for shuffling lines, Q's been strangely slow to react. Instead of dictating the matchups, he allowed Babcock to match his choice of lines. If we think Datsyuk and Zetterberg are tough centers to play against, think of Handzus against Kopitar/Richards, Krejci/Bergeron, or Crosby/Malkin. Troubling, to say the least. Bolland might not be hitting on all cylinders, but I trust him more than Handzus. The corollary here is that Toews is more suited to go against Datsyuk than Zetterberg.

The center conundrum continues: If Kruger wasn't so good on the PK this year, and above average defensively, he'd be sitting right now. The lucky goal notwithstanding, he's horrible offensively. And he still gets knocked on his arse more times per game than any other player. He must have almost no lower body strength compared to his peers. I'd put him on wing, move Shaw to 4th line center for faceoffs (Kruger to play the center position otherwise), slide Handzus to 3C, and, and put Bolland at 2C.

Stalberg: There is no way he should have been sitting for the second game. Not only is he better than Carcillo, he's also been better than Shaw, Frolik, and Kruger this playoffs. Q made his point with the first game...fine, now let it go. Stalberg in the second game would have been a wrinkle for Detroit to think about, his speed is something they'd have difficulty with, and he would have made the third line more dangerous. A matchup mismatch, which is something we need.

Additionally, some players have yet to perform to expectations. Those include Handzus, Shaw, Kruger, Saad (though the effort is there, and I think he's close, much like the first 10 games of the season), and most glaringly Toews. Now it's hard to complain about Toews, given his all out effort and defensive game. However, he also has to put points up, otherwise we won't be going far in the playoffs.

The forward lineup I'd like to see...

Saad-Toews-Hossa
Sharp-Bolland-Kane
Bickell-Handzus-Stalberg
Frolik-Shaw/Kruger

If Zetterberg is still matched up against Toews, I'd flop Hossa and Kane. Toews needs Kane right now to get him going.

I'll be at game 3, so I will be able to get a better feeling for what's going on away from the puck. Hope the Hawks come out with some passion and urgency for this one. They were comatose in game 2.

pvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 10:08 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

How can someone be badly "outcoached" through 2 games, when both teams were each dominant in their wins? It's almost like this board's never been through a playoff series before.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 03:08 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvr View Post
The center conundrum continues: If Kruger wasn't so good on the PK this year, and above average defensively, he'd be sitting right now. The lucky goal notwithstanding, he's horrible offensively. And he still gets knocked on his arse more times per game than any other player. He must have almost no lower body strength compared to his peers. I'd put him on wing, move Shaw to 4th line center for faceoffs (Kruger to play the center position otherwise), slide Handzus to 3C, and, and put Bolland at 2C.

Stalberg: There is no way he should have been sitting for the second game. Not only is he better than Carcillo, he's also been better than Shaw, Frolik, and Kruger this playoffs. Q made his point with the first game...fine, now let it go. Stalberg in the second game would have been a wrinkle for Detroit to think about, his speed is something they'd have difficulty with, and he would have made the third line more dangerous. A matchup mismatch, which is something we need.

Additionally, some players have yet to perform to expectations. Those include Handzus, Shaw, Kruger, Saad (though the effort is there, and I think he's close, much like the first 10 games of the season), and most glaringly Toews.
look, Krüger gets bashed again.

let me start with why does Frolik meet expectations while Krüger doesn't?

I'm done with this Krüger bashing so I leave some stats here just to show you Krüger haters out there HOW ****ING WRONG YOU ARE

- Krüger leads our forwards with SHToI and we weren't scored on.
- Krüger is +2 in the giveaway/takeaway ratio (beloved Stalberg is 0)
- 20.0% of his shots ended up as goals - 3rd best on the Hawks
- Krüger was on the ice for 1!!! Goal against in those 7 games. Bollig in 3 games for 1 GA and Carcillo in 4 Games with 0 GA are the only others with 1 or less - this includes being the SH ToI leader for forwards
- He is tied 5th in +/- with + 3
- He has 2 Goals and 1 Assists for 3 Points - thats as much or more than Saad, Toews, Handzus and Stalberg
- No Player on the Hawks started their shifts more times in their own zone than Krüger. 75% of his shifts started in his own zone - this does not include PK starting.
- 40% of his shifts ENDED in the offensiv zone

just for comparision
Victor Stalberg started 78% of his shifts in the offensive zone - that leads all Hawks forwards. He ended up with 1 assist and his shifts ended 59% in the offensiv zone. Stalberg has a worse corsi than Krüger too

Magically, Stalberg should play and Krüger benched?? How the hell did the 4th liner with OUTSTANDING Stats in those 7 games we are talking about NOT meet expectations while a player that HASN'T meet expectations gets a free pass and should be back on the ice?

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 04:22 AM
pvr
Kruger Line=2.5 Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
look, Krüger gets bashed again.
I make ONE post about Kruger (in which he is only a part of the post, and in which I lauded his defensive ability) in the last three months, and you fly off on me???!!! There have been multiple posters complaining about him in multiple posts almost every day. And btw, I did hit on Frolik. Go find it inside my post.

When Kruger lines up against Zetterberg or Datsyuk for seven games, then come back at me with the stats. Otherwise, I don't want to hear it.

Go get a life.

pvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 06:00 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
Did he dive yesterday?
No but sadly he was shot by a sniper.

Sir Psycho T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 10:48 AM
Hawkaholic

Wake me up when we are down in the series.

All you people being so negative are spoiled Nancys.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 10:51 AM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 50
It sucked getting dominated last game. But any team looks bad in a loss and we weren't going to win every game. I said Wings in 6 at the beginning and now that they have showed they aren't going to just lay down, I am sticking with that. Get at least a split in Detroit, come home, win game 5, then wrap it up game 6. Maybe the Hawks really bring it and win both in Detroit but this is not a time to be concerned.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 11:53 AM
Ace Rothstein
Aces High

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Wake me up when we are down in the series.

All you people being so negative are spoiled Nancys.
I think people are more upset with the effort than the loss.

Ace Rothstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 12:00 PM
hawksfan50

IF I told ypu before the playoffs that Kruger and Shaw were at +3 each after 7GP and Stalberg at +2. in 6 GP...you would take that and not worry how many poinys they had..If I told you thay Kane was only +2 but with only 2 goals and Toews was a big fat ZERO in +/- with ZERO gosls and only 3 assists...that Hossa was only +1 and that Seabrrok and Leddy were MINUS 2 amd MINUS 4 respectively...well,I do not think your criticism would be on Stalberg,Kruger, or Shaw as a reason to fear not advancing past DET...that our vaunted line #1 is a combined ZERO in i +/- after 7GP. ..thay our 2nd pairing D are a combined -6...that Kane no longer looks like his on a mission days earlier in the season when he could single handedly be a dominant difference-maker...or Toews no longer leading by PRODCING offense by example on the ice but NOW only whining after games about how he is beong physically abused by hooking and body slams...or Seabrrpk looking like he is carrying 20 extra pounds that prevent hom from skating fast enough to stop anyone or to bail out Leddy who has regressed from the exalted how much of a pay raise will he demand to who cares...could be traded for cap reasons...point is LOTS more culprits tham picking on Stalberg Shaw or Kruger for our "concerns" about our inability tp get playoff level compete intensity and "A" game offense or defense in ES play..ONLY our PK game is at "A" level..PP remaons at "D" level,but we expect that..what we do not expect os that our ES play is at a "C" level because 2/3 of our top line have stunk, because our 2nd D pair has stunk and because KANE is no longer on a missipn to prove himself but back to self-satisfaction that getting one goal or point is enough work for the night, that ordinary suffices to replace special and good enough just..will keep one out of Q's doghouse whole Q instead misfocused on making an example of Stalberg when the REAL supposed leaders by their star specialness have instead flamed out...7 games in...ot is about time some guys play up to their vaunted abilities and reputations...else we shallbe golfing very soon.

hawksfan50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 12:43 PM
BronYrAur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marotte Marauder View Post
Scotty Bowman always said Game 2 of a 7 game series was the most critical, you are free to disagree of course.
Yeah that is coach-speak but in the end is meaningless. All of the games are equally as important, duh.

Toews seriously has a point about the officiating. He got brutalized by Detroit, interfered with, cross-checked....occurs every other shift....why doesn't he ever get a call? The Hawks need to start taking runs at Datsyuk & Z because Toews gets beat the **** up in front of Jimmy Howard, cross-checked in the back and in the head, and yet nothing. No wonder he isn't producing offensively.

Meanwhile Carcillo goes and gives a couple of shoves to Abdelkader and draws a penalty immediately.

BronYrAur is offline   Reply With Quote