HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

2013-14 Flyers Overhaul

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-19-2013, 03:09 PM
  #926
dsryan24
Rookie User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1
vCash: 500
My Flyers mock offseason w/trades and all

First things first we amnesty Briere and Bryz.. thats about 11 million off the books..

DRAFT 1) Ryan Pulock D Brandon 2) Eric Roy D Brandon

TRADES- Flyers trade C Scott Laughton, D Matt Konan, C Nick Cousins and 2013 3rd round pick to St Louis for D Kevin Shattenkirk and G Jake Allen's negotiating rights (RFA's)

D Andrej Meszaros traded to SJ for LW TJ Galiardi and 4th round pick in 2013 NHL Draft

SIGN- C Adam Hall 2 years 1.4M, LW Drew Mlller 2 years 2 million,D Kevin Shattenkirk 5 years 20 million, G Jake Allen 3 years 5.5 million, D Andrew Ference 2 years 6 million

EXTENSION- C Claude Giroux signed to 8 year 60 million extension

FORWARDS
Scott Hartnell ($4.750m) / Claude Giroux ($7.500m) / Jakub Voracek ($4.250m)
Matt Read ($0.900m) / Brayden Schenn ($3.110m) / Wayne Simmonds ($3.975m)
T.J. Galiardi ($0.998m) / Sean Couturier ($1.375m) / Maxime Talbot ($1.750m)
Drew Miller ($1.000m) / Adam Hall ($0.700m) / Zac Rinaldo ($0.750m)
Jay Rosehill ($0.675m)

DEFENSEMEN
Kimmo Timonen ($6.000m) / Kevin Shattenkirk ($4.000m)
Braydon Coburn ($4.500m) / Nicklas Grossmann ($3.500m)
Luke Schenn ($3.600m) / Andrew Ference ($3.000m)
Bruno Gervais ($0.825m)

GOALTENDERS
Steve Mason ($1.500m)
Jake Allen ($1.500m)


thats what next years roster would look like there. in 2014 Timonen will be off the books so that we will be sitting with around 7 mill in cap room in 2014, use that to resign Schenn and Couturier. or trade Couturier, keep Read. Wont be able to keep all 3 most likely. IF Hartnell has another down year again, amnesty him also so we could resign Schenn, Couturier and Read then, the 2014 team would look like this

Read Giroux Voracek
Schenn Couturier Simmonds
Galiardi Talbot (Free Agent)
Rinaldo Hall Miller

Schenn Shattenkirk
Coburn Grossmann
Pulock Ference

Mason
Allen

dsryan24 is offline  
Old
05-19-2013, 03:14 PM
  #927
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,177
vCash: 500
There's no incentives for St. Louis and San Jose to do those deals. The values are terribly in our favor.

LegionOfDoom91 is online now  
Old
05-19-2013, 03:28 PM
  #928
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 12,785
vCash: 500


Put down the NHL13 controller.

In the unlikely even Shattenkirk becomes available, Couturier + would be the price.

EDIT: and if Shattenkirk is willing to take $4.0, he's staying in St. Louis.

Jack de la Hoya is offline  
Old
05-19-2013, 03:29 PM
  #929
Broad Street Elite
Registered User
 
Broad Street Elite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
There's no incentives for St. Louis and San Jose to do those deals. The values are terribly in our favor.
Indeed. I laughed when I saw that we got bother Shatty AND Allen for that package.

Broad Street Elite is online now  
Old
05-19-2013, 03:36 PM
  #930
Go For It
Registered User
 
Go For It's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Collegeville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,006
vCash: 50
That STL trade is awful for the Blues. Don't know enough about Galiardi to comment on that one.

Go For It is offline  
Old
05-19-2013, 03:40 PM
  #931
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 30,626
vCash: 50
i cant see any team willing to give up more then a 4th or 5th rounder for Meszaros. if someone is, then I would deal him no question.

GoneFullHextall is offline  
Old
05-19-2013, 03:45 PM
  #932
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go For It View Post
That STL trade is awful for the Blues. Don't know enough about Galiardi to comment on that one.
Galiardi's a solid top 9 guy who's an RFA this summer. I don't think Mez is worth that.

LegionOfDoom91 is online now  
Old
05-19-2013, 03:48 PM
  #933
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,107
vCash: 769
Aside from the NHL13 trades, you do realize that Giroux is still under contract for this upcoming season, right?

RJ8812 is offline  
Old
05-19-2013, 06:41 PM
  #934
cmb63
Registered User
 
cmb63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 68
vCash: 500
No plans for Gustafsson in the Flyers future?

cmb63 is offline  
Old
05-19-2013, 07:22 PM
  #935
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 13,972
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmb63 View Post
No plans for Gustafsson in the Flyers future?
Anyone who doesn't think Gustafsson will be on the team is fooling themselves.

CS is offline  
Old
05-19-2013, 08:11 PM
  #936
JABEE
Registered User
 
JABEE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,594
vCash: 500
FORWARDS
Bobby Ryan ($4.335mó15.0%) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Jakub Voracek ($4.250m)
Scott Hartnell ($4.750m) / Brayden Schenn ($3.110m) / Wayne Simmonds ($3.975m)
Simon Gagne ($2.750m) / Scott Laughton ($1.107m) / Matt Read ($0.900m)
Maxime Talbot ($1.750m) / Kyle Flanagan ($0.925m) / Zac Rinaldo ($0.750m)
Tye McGinn ($0.775m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Luke Schenn ($3.600m) / Shea Weber ($7.857m)
Kimmo Timonen ($6.000m) / Erik Gustafsson ($0.851m)
Bruno Gervais ($0.825m) / Nicklas Grossmann ($3.500m)
Marc-Andre Bourdon ($0.613m) /
Chris Pronger ($4.941m) /
GOALTENDERS
Tim Thomas ($3.500m)
Steve Mason ($1.500m)
OTHER
Buyout: Oskars Bartulis ($0.100m)
Buyout: Danny Briere ($0.000m)
Buyout: Ilya Bryzgalov ($0.000m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $66,413,238; BONUSES: $2,532,500
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $419,262

Here is my team structure in the odd chance that Shea Weber is traded to the Flyers in late July.

Couturier+ is traded for his contract. I don't know how retention of cap hits are going to change the game for moving these contracts.

The Flyers will also acquire Bobby Ryan for Brayden Coburn and a pick/prospect.

They will dump Meszaros on any team that will take him.

They Flyers will sign Tim Thomas to be the starting goalie. Ed Snider likes the idea of bringing in a USA goalie. Tim Thomas reportedly wants to be here. And Tim Thomas will most likely sign a cheaper short term deal to prove he can still compete in the NHL.

Resign Gagne if you can to a short term deal, but don't lose any sleep over it.

That's my fantasy lineup.

JABEE is offline  
Old
05-19-2013, 08:47 PM
  #937
orange is better
than other colors...
 
orange is better's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,683
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JABEE View Post
FORWARDS
Bobby Ryan ($4.335mó15.0%) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Jakub Voracek ($4.250m)
Scott Hartnell ($4.750m) / Brayden Schenn ($3.110m) / Wayne Simmonds ($3.975m)
Simon Gagne ($2.750m) / Scott Laughton ($1.107m) / Matt Read ($0.900m)
Maxime Talbot ($1.750m) / Kyle Flanagan ($0.925m) / Zac Rinaldo ($0.750m)
Tye McGinn ($0.775m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Luke Schenn ($3.600m) / Shea Weber ($7.857m)
Kimmo Timonen ($6.000m) / Erik Gustafsson ($0.851m)
Bruno Gervais ($0.825m) / Nicklas Grossmann ($3.500m)
Marc-Andre Bourdon ($0.613m) /
Chris Pronger ($4.941m) /
GOALTENDERS
Tim Thomas ($3.500m)
Steve Mason ($1.500m)
OTHER
Buyout: Oskars Bartulis ($0.100m)
Buyout: Danny Briere ($0.000m)
Buyout: Ilya Bryzgalov ($0.000m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $66,413,238; BONUSES: $2,532,500
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $419,262

Here is my team structure in the odd chance that Shea Weber is traded to the Flyers in late July.

Couturier+ is traded for his contract. I don't know how retention of cap hits are going to change the game for moving these contracts.

The Flyers will also acquire Bobby Ryan for Brayden Coburn and a pick/prospect.

They will dump Meszaros on any team that will take him.

They Flyers will sign Tim Thomas to be the starting goalie. Ed Snider likes the idea of bringing in a USA goalie. Tim Thomas reportedly wants to be here. And Tim Thomas will most likely sign a cheaper short term deal to prove he can still compete in the NHL.

Resign Gagne if you can to a short term deal, but don't lose any sleep over it.

That's my fantasy lineup.
So not only is Anaheim trading Ryan for a bad return, but they're retaining salary?

Man, that really is a fantasy lineup and I haven't even mentioned the Shea Weber point haha.

And I don't want Tim Thomas or his misinformed moronic tea party BS anywhere near this team.

orange is better is offline  
Old
05-19-2013, 08:53 PM
  #938
JABEE
Registered User
 
JABEE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,594
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
So not only is Anaheim trading Ryan for a bad return, but they're retaining salary?

Man, that really is a fantasy lineup and I haven't even mentioned the Shea Weber point haha.

And I don't want Tim Thomas or his misinformed moronic tea party BS anywhere near this team.
The salary retention on the Ryan trade was a mistake.

The Shea Weber deal was the craziest one.

The Tim Thomas deal could happen. I have no clue how much interest there will be in him, but I would take a chance on a one year deal. He was great in the regular season and playoffs of the last two seasons he has played. I don't care about his politics. If he is as good as Tim Thomas was in Boston, I would take him over Steve Mason on this team. I'd let them both compete for the job.

JABEE is offline  
Old
05-20-2013, 12:38 AM
  #939
feedingschennzy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 344
vCash: 500
My dream offseason:

Amnesty Briere and Bryzgalov

Trades:

Couturier and maybe a small plus to Vancouver for Alex Edler. While Edler is not a do it all elite number 1 defenseman that so many people want, he is the closest thing reasonably available for an agreeable price.

Braydon Coburn for a mid to low first round pick. Try to find a team in need of a minute eating defenseman like detroit who would take a #3 dman like coburn instead of hoping a player they draft pans out.

11th overall, 2014 2nd and 3rd round picks, and a ghost/cousins esque prospect to anaheim for bobby ryan. While I'm not the type ready to sell everything to get ryan because of his flyers ties, he would give us another offensive weapon to work with and would hopefully sign a hometown discount with us next year.

Sign Tim Thomas to a 1 year deal

Hope someone like Pulock or Zadorov falls to 18 in the draft.

As the dust settles we look something like this:
Ryan Giroux Simmonds
Hartnell Schenn Voracek
Read Laughton Gagne
Rinaldo Talbot McGinn/Cousins

Edler Schenn
Timonen Grossmann
Gustafsson Mezsaros

Mason
Thomas

feedingschennzy is offline  
Old
05-20-2013, 02:30 AM
  #940
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Alexandria
Country: Liberia
Posts: 36,307
vCash: 156
I've said it before, I'll say it again. I'm thoroughly against trading Couturier for Edler. Edler isn't Timonen's replacement, he's just another one of those Dmen we already have a plethora of...guys who are pretty good, but not good enough. I see no need to trade Couturier for that.

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is offline  
Old
05-20-2013, 07:58 AM
  #941
RespectTheCouts
He Eats Souls
 
RespectTheCouts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 4,846
vCash: 500
Please no Couts for Edler, we already have like 3 of him on this team

RespectTheCouts is online now  
Old
05-20-2013, 08:26 AM
  #942
BrimFullofAsham45
Registered User
 
BrimFullofAsham45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 1,443
vCash: 500
What?? Haven't you guys been following the HF defnsemen ranking polls? Edler is a top 15 dman in this league!

BrimFullofAsham45 is online now  
Old
05-20-2013, 08:27 AM
  #943
flyersfan187
Registered User
 
flyersfan187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Morrisdale, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,815
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
I didn't know how to ltir Pronger so I just bought him out (I know you can't do that).

-You trade Ryan for something surrounding the 11th pick and hopefully Mez to free up some cap. If not Mez I am sure there is some team out there willing to take a chance on him.
-Gagne I hope will sign a good one year deal to stay in Philly.
-Sign Streit. That is an easy choice in my mind with them keeping Lavy around.
-Laughton hopefully can handle the fourth line center duties while also being able to play more minutes with injuries.
-Huskins I liked a lot and hope they find a way to keep him as the 7th D.

Overall this is a solid line up and I think it would do a lot for Couturier's development to be put with Gagne and Simmonds. Gus should do well with Grossmann also and hopefully Coburn can have a better season playing with Kimmo.


CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Bobby Ryan ($5.100m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Jakub Voracek ($4.250m)
Scott Hartnell ($4.750m) / Brayden Schenn ($3.110m) / Matt Read ($0.900m)
Simon Gagne ($2.500m) / Sean Couturier ($1.375m) / Wayne Simmonds ($3.975m)
Zac Rinaldo ($0.750m) / Scott Laughton ($1.107m) / Maxime Talbot ($1.750m)
Jay Rosehill ($0.675m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Mark Streit ($5.500m) / Luke Schenn ($3.600m)
Braydon Coburn ($4.500m) / Kimmo Timonen ($6.000m)
Nicklas Grossmann ($3.500m) / Erik Gustafsson ($0.851m)
Kent Huskins ($0.750m) /
GOALTENDERS
Ilya Bryzgalov ($5.667m)
Steve Mason ($1.500m)
OTHER
Buyout: Oskars Bartulis ($0.100m)
Buyout: Danny Briere ($0.000m)
Buyout: Chris Pronger ($0.000m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $65,958,833; BONUSES: $2,800,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $1,141,167

flyersfan187 is offline  
Old
05-20-2013, 09:03 AM
  #944
FLYERSFAN18
Registered User
 
FLYERSFAN18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 1,881
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan187 View Post
I didn't know how to ltir Pronger so I just bought him out (I know you can't do that).

-You trade Ryan for something surrounding the 11th pick and hopefully Mez to free up some cap. If not Mez I am sure there is some team out there willing to take a chance on him.
-Gagne I hope will sign a good one year deal to stay in Philly.
-Sign Streit. That is an easy choice in my mind with them keeping Lavy around.
-Laughton hopefully can handle the fourth line center duties while also being able to play more minutes with injuries.
-Huskins I liked a lot and hope they find a way to keep him as the 7th D.

Overall this is a solid line up and I think it would do a lot for Couturier's development to be put with Gagne and Simmonds. Gus should do well with Grossmann also and hopefully Coburn can have a better season playing with Kimmo.


CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Bobby Ryan ($5.100m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Jakub Voracek ($4.250m)
Scott Hartnell ($4.750m) / Brayden Schenn ($3.110m) / Matt Read ($0.900m)
Simon Gagne ($2.500m) / Sean Couturier ($1.375m) / Wayne Simmonds ($3.975m)
Zac Rinaldo ($0.750m) / Scott Laughton ($1.107m) / Maxime Talbot ($1.750m)
Jay Rosehill ($0.675m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Mark Streit ($5.500m) / Luke Schenn ($3.600m)
Braydon Coburn ($4.500m) / Kimmo Timonen ($6.000m)
Nicklas Grossmann ($3.500m) / Erik Gustafsson ($0.851m)
Kent Huskins ($0.750m) /
GOALTENDERS
Ilya Bryzgalov ($5.667m)
Steve Mason ($1.500m)
OTHER
Buyout: Oskars Bartulis ($0.100m)
Buyout: Danny Briere ($0.000m)
Buyout: Chris Pronger ($0.000m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $65,958,833; BONUSES: $2,800,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $1,141,167
I would be stoked to have that lineup. It would suck to miss out on drafting one of the defenseman in the first round, but that team should compete for a cup.

FLYERSFAN18 is online now  
Old
05-20-2013, 09:17 AM
  #945
RoDu
Shagga likes axes
 
RoDu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,439
vCash: 500
can't buy out Pronger

RoDu is offline  
Old
05-20-2013, 09:29 AM
  #946
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,107
vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDu View Post
can't buy out Pronger
pretty sure he was just doing that to get him off the roster because you can't place players on LTIR on capgeek.com

RJ8812 is offline  
Old
05-20-2013, 09:51 AM
  #947
Curufinwe
Registered User
 
Curufinwe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 6,895
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I've said it before, I'll say it again. I'm thoroughly against trading Couturier for Edler. Edler isn't Timonen's replacement, he's just another one of those Dmen we already have a plethora of...guys who are pretty good, but not good enough. I see no need to trade Couturier for that.
Edler is a 40 point PMD, and the only one of those we have is 38. But I don't want to trade Couturier for him.

Curufinwe is offline  
Old
05-20-2013, 10:11 AM
  #948
LetsGoFlyers1825
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 755
vCash: 50
double post

LetsGoFlyers1825 is online now  
Old
05-20-2013, 10:13 AM
  #949
LetsGoFlyers1825
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 755
vCash: 50
I find it hilarious how Canuck fans are trying to sell Edler, and some even claiming that he is a #1.

ProTip: If you have a 27 year old #1 defenseman locked up at $5million, you don't trade him.

LetsGoFlyers1825 is online now  
Old
05-20-2013, 11:26 AM
  #950
TheCerebral1
Hockey Heaven
 
TheCerebral1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 509
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I've said it before, I'll say it again. I'm thoroughly against trading Couturier for Edler. Edler isn't Timonen's replacement, he's just another one of those Dmen we already have a plethora of...guys who are pretty good, but not good enough. I see no need to trade Couturier for that.
Totally agree. I like Edler as a player quite a bit. But the team needs to develop some of their own defensemen and bring them up. Trading Couturier is just stupid to me in every case.

TheCerebral1 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:27 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.