HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Butler, Smith, and Josi to play in World Championships

Old
05-19-2013, 04:17 PM
jonas2244

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
MVP as a defenceman on the losing team? Impressive...
MVP of the tournament, not of the game. Also of course named into the All-Star team, together with his teammate Julien Vauclair.

jonas2244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 04:18 PM
swisdan

He was soo impressive all along the tournament . Nashville, you have damn good player for several years...

swisdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 04:41 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonas2244 View Post
MVP of the tournament, not of the game. Also of course named into the All-Star team, together with his teammate Julien Vauclair.
Yes I'm aware

The only other time it's been awarded to a defenceman, he was on the gold winning team.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 05:00 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

craig smith is quietly in the top 5 scoring of this tourny, tied with stamkos.

CantbeatzPekka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 05:26 PM
Flgatorguy87

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantbeatzPekka View Post
craig smith is quietly in the top 5 scoring of this tourny, tied with stamkos.
I got to watch Smith play today, and I don't think it has anything to do with change of coaching that has lead to the spike. I think the extra space has made all the difference for him. I still dont think he is strong enough for the NHL, but when he is given extra space and not required to win those small physical battles he flourishes. He tries hard in the NHL to stay in space and create something, but that's not possible so he coughs up the puck.

I am still hopeful for his future if he gets stronger. I think we have seen the other areas of his game.

Flgatorguy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 05:55 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flgatorguy87 View Post
I got to watch Smith play today, and I don't think it has anything to do with change of coaching that has lead to the spike. I think the extra space has made all the difference for him. I still dont think he is strong enough for the NHL, but when he is given extra space and not required to win those small physical battles he flourishes. He tries hard in the NHL to stay in space and create something, but that's not possible so he coughs up the puck.

I am still hopeful for his future if he gets stronger. I think we have seen the other areas of his game.
I agree, he's going to have to get stronger, but that's actually one thing that is easily remedied...

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 06:39 PM
chokei

What a great player Roman Josi is! Simply awesome. He was dominant during the whole World Championships and his MPV title is absolutely deserved. I'm a big Streit fan and I didn't think that after how far Streit got there will be another Swiss defender on his level anytime soon. But Josi is probably already a bit better than Streit.

I'm so excited about having him on the Swiss blueline for the years to come. And Nashville should have lots of fun with their Weber-Josi pairing.

chokei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 07:25 PM
Preddownsouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
What a great player Roman Josi is! Simply awesome. He was dominant during the whole World Championships and his MPV title is absolutely deserved. I'm a big Streit fan and I didn't think that after how far Streit got there will be another Swiss defender on his level anytime soon. But Josi is probably already a bit better than Streit.

I'm so excited about having him on the Swiss blueline for the years to come. And Nashville should have lots of fun with their Weber-Josi pairing.
Nah the Preds are obviously going to put Josi on the 3rd pair with Bartley. (See UFA thread)

Preddownsouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 07:27 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post

Trust me, we love him down here too. I'm really hoping we can sign Streit this off-season to let Josi play with his mentor. That'd get us some Swiss fans.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 10:30 PM
maplepred

Josi is the man! So excited to have him to play with Shea. That's probably one of the best top pairings in the league! Who needs suter!

maplepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 11:04 PM
PFL615

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplepred View Post
Josi is the man! So excited to have him to play with Shea. That's probably one of the best top pairings in the league! Who needs suter!
Amen!

PFL615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 05:12 PM
jonas2244

And what a steal getting him in the 2nd round.

jonas2244 is offline   Reply With Quote