HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Eberle for Carlson

Old
05-19-2013, 02:15 PM
lakai17

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
This guy has turned into the biggest Oilers troll this year. I'm not even 100% sure if he's an Oilers fan because he keeps making proposals which clearly make absolutely no sense for Edmonton.

Carlson had a down year this year and on top of that we don't need a PMD. We need another stay at home guy right now. Petry and Schultz move the puck around just fine.
Whatever, I make a proposal for a legit defenceman you have never witnessed before obviously, Carlson has a well rounded game defensively and offensively. John Carlson can play defence compared to Justin Schultz. It's a value for value trade.

I am a fan of Eberle believe it or not. I am excited to continue witnessing the Eberle-Hall show, incredible duo. In my opinion I believe we have three franchise players on offense in the lineup without him. I value Hall, RNH and Yakupov higher than Eberle. Paajarvi is a top six winger as well but at least we'll have three lines that can skate.

Last edited by lakai17: 05-19-2013 at 02:52 PM.
lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 02:46 PM
rockinghockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
This guy has turned into the biggest Oilers troll this year. I'm not even 100% sure if he's an Oilers fan because he keeps making proposals which clearly make absolutely no sense for Edmonton.

Carlson had a down year this year and on top of that we don't need a PMD. We need another stay at home guy right now. Petry and Schultz move the puck around just fine.
I don't agree, we need a power dman that can also move the puck. That is the type of dman that we need to play with Schultz. Of course he has to be left shooting also.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 03:13 PM
Halpysback

Carlson is at least a #2 any way you slice it and would be Edmonton's best defenseman quite easily. He's far more valuable when his cap hit is factored in and the fact that he's a more complete player at his position.

Plus, Washington already has Ovechkin, Brouwer, Ward, Wilson and Fehr at RW.

Halpysback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 04:12 PM
lakai17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post

Plus, Washington already has Ovechkin, Brouwer, Ward, Wilson and Fehr at RW.
I'm sure Eberle doesn't automatically become a healthy scratch if inserted in the Caps lineup today.

Old
05-19-2013, 04:26 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
I'm sure Eberle doesn't automatically become a healthy scratch if inserted in the Caps lineup today.
Nobody is saying he'd be a healthy scratch for Washington. But RW is not an area of need, and upgrading from Brouwer to Eberle at 2RW certainly isn't worth losing Carlson. Right wing is unquestionably the deepest position on the Capitals. Hell, the depth at RW (both on the team an in the system as a hole) was part of why McPhee felt comfortable dealing Forsberg.

Mystlyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 05:49 PM
Maize and Blue

I would rather have John Carlson, Good young Defensmen as value to many teams are at an premium right now. Small skilled forwards not so much!

Maize and Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 05:59 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maize and Blue View Post
I would rather have John Carlson, Good young Defensmen as value to many teams are at an premium right now. Small skilled forwards not so much!
This is a ridiculously horrible blanket statement. I guess Crosby is worth less than Karlsson, good young d-men are worth more than small, skilled forwards. Give your head a shake

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 06:09 PM
SchennSational1022*
The Future

Do caps fans really see Alzner as better than Carlson? From what i've seen, admitttedly not much this past season, Carlson was a better player than Alzner.

SchennSational1022* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 07:48 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchennSational1022 View Post
Do caps fans really see Alzner as better than Carlson? From what i've seen, admitttedly not much this past season, Carlson was a better player than Alzner.
Alzner is a shut down defenseman who makes his partner better. He also plays the left side, a position where the Capitals aren't nearly as deep as on the right (Green, Carlson, Oleksy, Kundratek).

Alzner doesn't have the same upside as Carlson, but is clearly better at this stage in their careers.

Mystlyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 11:45 PM
Halpysback

Quote:
And I'm sure the Oilers could find a spot for Patrick Kane but you'd hardly see them rush out to overpay for him would you now?

Halpysback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 11:58 PM
lakai17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
And I'm sure the Oilers could find a spot for Patrick Kane but you'd hardly see them rush out to overpay for him would you now?
Depends on how much pure offense an organization wants. Minnesota.

Old
05-20-2013, 01:00 AM
N o o d l e s

Think WAS has to include more before this deal becomes reality.

N o o d l e s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 02:39 AM
Kris Chreider
Pass Off The Pads

Quote:
Depends on how much pure offense an organization wants. Minnesota.
And even with a good top line and 2 2nd lines, Minnesota could not score goals to save their lives. They need to realize that they don't need more scorers, they need to can Yeo.

Kris Chreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 08:23 AM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchennSational1022 View Post
better? alzner is worth every bit of being the top 5 pick that he was. he plays a shutdown defensive game that is as good as most first pair veteran shutdown d do in this league and he's still a kid. because he is not a highlight maker either offensively or with big hits, he wont ever be particular expensive. lastly, he commands respect. he physically told lucic he was a cry baby for the entire league to see last playoffs and got away with it. he did the same thing to callahan this playoffs after he elbowed hillen.

carlson brings more skills. carlson and alzner are kids and a legit first pair. why would any team trade either of them? i am certain that the caps have no interest

txpd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 11:28 AM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

Quote:
No way Edmonton is splitting up Petry-Smid. Easily one of the best shutdown pairings in the league. The only way Schultz ends up leaf frogging them in minutes is if we land one of the top 15 d-men in the league. No joke.
They are a terrible group at starting the transition. Smid should be no where near a top pairing because of how one-dimensional he is.

The Perfect Human* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 11:30 AM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

Quote:
Whatever, I make a proposal for a legit defenceman you have never witnessed before obviously, Carlson has a well rounded game defensively and offensively. John Carlson can play defence compared to Justin Schultz. It's a value for value trade.

I am a fan of Eberle believe it or not. I am excited to continue witnessing the Eberle-Hall show, incredible duo. In my opinion I believe we have three franchise players on offense in the lineup without him. I value Hall, RNH and Yakupov higher than Eberle. Paajarvi is a top six winger as well but at least we'll have three lines that can skate.
Stop insulting John Carlson.

The value on the deal is fair, the Caps just have no need for a RW right now. I wonder what their interest in Sam Gagner (65-pt scoring clip, young C) is if Ribeiro leaves. Obviously not at Eberle's value level but would Gagner+replacement D get it done for Caps to send one of Alzner/Carlson back?

The Perfect Human* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 11:36 AM
Aela*
#MeatisMurder

Send a message via Skype™ to Aela*
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Perfect Human View Post
Stop insulting John Carlson.

The value on the deal is fair, the Caps just have no need for a RW right now. I wonder what their interest in Sam Gagner (65-pt scoring clip, young C) is if Ribeiro leaves. Obviously not at Eberle's value level but would Gagner+replacement D get it done for Caps to send one of Alzner/Carlson back?
nope. would love gagner in wsh even if ribeiro stays, but we're keeping alzner and carlson.

that said, i think green could be available.

Aela* is offline   Reply With Quote