HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edmonton-Buffalo

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-19-2013, 05:08 PM
  #26
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan
 
5RingsAndABeer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 10,702
vCash: 1220
LOL

You wouldn't trade Myers straight up for Yakupov? Wow.
Just because Myers is 6'8" doesn't mean he's the next Chara.

Even then, Yakupov projects to be as valuable as a Chara-like player. He's a first overall pick with a ton of potential. He will likely end up being a PPG player with 30-40 goals in most seasons. Being a winger doesn't automatically decline a player's value by a significant amount.

This is absolutely a ridiculous underpayment. Edmonton doesn't even begin to consider this. I'm definitely bookmarking this thread.

5RingsAndABeer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 05:13 PM
  #27
Habsawce
Registered User
 
Habsawce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 11,823
vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer View Post
LOL

You wouldn't trade Myers straight up for Yakupov? Wow.
Just because Myers is 6'8" doesn't mean he's the next Chara.

Even then, Yakupov projects to be as valuable as a Chara-like player. He's a first overall pick with a ton of potential. He will likely end up being a PPG player with 30-40 goals in most seasons. Being a winger doesn't automatically decline a player's value by a significant amount.

This is absolutely a ridiculous underpayment. Edmonton doesn't even begin to consider this. I'm definitely bookmarking this thread.
Yakupov is going to have nowhere remotely close to the impact for a team as Chara does for Boston. Have you seen Boston when Chara is out, or in the box?

Yakupov is Phil Kessel, a very valuable player and a fantastic complimentary piece. However, he's not the player you build your franchise around.

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 05:16 PM
  #28
lakai17
Registered User
 
lakai17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,725
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
Yakupov is going to have nowhere remotely close to the impact for a team as Chara does for Boston. Have you seen Boston when Chara is out, or in the box?

Yakupov is Phil Kessel, a very valuable player and a fantastic complimentary piece. However, he's not the player you build your franchise around.
So do you believe Yakupov was selected too high for what he brings to the game?

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 05:16 PM
  #29
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(
 
Mr Forever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: COLLEGE
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,429
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
Yakupov is going to have nowhere remotely close to the impact for a team as Chara does for Boston. Have you seen Boston when Chara is out, or in the box?

Yakupov is Phil Kessel, a very valuable player and a fantastic complimentary piece. However, he's not the player you build your franchise around.
Fair enough. But Myers also isn't Chara. There are very few Charas, and Myers may have the body an skill he has, but he doesn't have anywhere near the leadership and mental game of Chara. I think you're understating Yak, and even Kessel for that matter though.

Mr Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 05:27 PM
  #30
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS
 
Stop Winnin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Buffalo
Posts: 8,450
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Forever View Post
Fair enough. But Myers also isn't Chara. There are very few Charas, and Myers may have the body an skill he has, but he doesn't have anywhere near the leadership and mental game of Chara. I think you're understating Yak, and even Kessel for that matter though.
Fair enough, but Myers is only 23 years old, obviously he's got a lot of growing up to do both physically and mentally. I'm not even remotely saying Myers will be like Chara, because I doubt he will be. Chara is a very special athlete and player, right now Myers projects to be someone like Jay Bouwmeester. We've seen the kid dominate some nights and if he can just become more consistent he's a necessity on the blue line where we are very thin.

Yakupov is no slouch though and if I was Edmonton I wouldn't trade him for this package either.

Stop Winnin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 05:40 PM
  #31
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd
 
struckbyaparkedcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Upstate NY
Country: Cote DIvoire
Posts: 10,470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
Why would Buffalo trade for a centre if they have Hodgson, Grigorenko and Girgensons when they're rebuilding?
Because none of them are sure things. If they develop according to this relatively conventional wisdom, Hodgson tops out as a 60-70 point center without an extra gear or great defensive skills, Grigs busts, and Girgensons becomes a 30-40 point defensive specialist. That's not terrible, but there also aren't any elite players in that group, and a top scoring winger doesn't do a bunch to improve their prospects at winning a championship, especially coupled with a very limited defensive pool sans Myers.

struckbyaparkedcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 06:57 PM
  #32
krt88
Registered User
 
krt88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Fayetteville, NC
Posts: 2,100
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to krt88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
Ott is the type of player your team needs....3rd line character guy.

If you dont want Myers then how about


TO EDM: Ott, Sekera, Stafford, 2013 #8

TO BUf: Yakipov, 2013 #7

That's a terrible proposal for Edmonton!

krt88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 07:13 PM
  #33
ZeroPT
Tanky as ****
 
ZeroPT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,011
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
Sorry, for those of you who are saying you wouldn;t trade Myers straight for Yak--if you are here in three years I will post this thread and see how your view has changed
Right now, tell me , what sabre not named Myers could become a #1 D-man. If you're talking about impact in the NHL, then yeah I would trade Myers for yak, but the sabres NEED Myers. So no I would not move yak for Myers.

ZeroPT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 07:31 PM
  #34
CaptPantalones
Registered User
 
CaptPantalones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,246
vCash: 500
no deal if it involves our future C (Ott)

CaptPantalones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 09:07 PM
  #35
stokes84
Registered User
 
stokes84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Charleston, SC
Country: United States
Posts: 6,549
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to stokes84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhinogol View Post
Right now, tell me , what sabre not named Myers could become a #1 D-man. If you're talking about impact in the NHL, then yeah I would trade Myers for yak, but the sabres NEED Myers. So no I would not move yak for Myers.
Pysyk

stokes84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 12:04 AM
  #36
Trafalgar Law
Waive Dallas Eakins
 
Trafalgar Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,261
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
Ott is the type of player your team needs....3rd line character guy.

If you dont want Myers then how about


TO EDM: Ott, Sekera, Stafford, 2013 #8

TO BUf: Yakipov, 2013 #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cramdizzl View Post
McNabb, Stafford, 16th overall for Eberle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
No...we just dnt make the deal.

Buffalo is not tradng grigorenko or hodgson unless they draft a center( Barkov, lindholm, MacKinnon) or they were gettng a center back as part of the deal.

I'll trade Foligbo for Yakipov...one for one....


What Edmonton needs are character player, leaders and better secondary parts. Edmonton picking a forward at 7 does nothing to help them.

Edmonton needs to move Yakipov or Eberle smikar to the Nash trade where the add accessory parts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stokes84 View Post
Pysyk
Please do yourselves a favour and think before you post.

Trafalgar Law is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 12:23 AM
  #37
KlimasLoveChild
Registered User
 
KlimasLoveChild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: The Toilet of Canada
Posts: 1,250
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
Ott is the type of player your team needs....3rd line character guy.

If you dont want Myers then how about


TO EDM: Ott, Sekera, Stafford, 2013 #8

TO BUf: Yakipov, 2013 #7

You don't trade elite talent for 3rd line character... I think the Oilers would pass.

KlimasLoveChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 12:32 AM
  #38
KlimasLoveChild
Registered User
 
KlimasLoveChild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: The Toilet of Canada
Posts: 1,250
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
No...we just dnt make the deal.

Buffalo is not tradng grigorenko or hodgson unless they draft a center( Barkov, lindholm, MacKinnon) or they were gettng a center back as part of the deal.

I'll trade Foligbo for Yakipov...one for one....


What Edmonton needs are character player, leaders and better secondary parts. Edmonton picking a forward at 7 does nothing to help them.
Edmonton needs to move Yakipov or Eberle smikar to the Nash trade where the add accessory parts.

KlimasLoveChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 12:37 AM
  #39
CraniumCram
Syracuse '14
 
CraniumCram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Syracuse/Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 1,394
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnoctophas View Post
Please do yourselves a favour and think before you post.
I believe the Sabres fans here have been quite logical and thoughtful about their posts, and don't address and insult other posters en masse. You're giving your fellow fans a very bad name you clown.

CraniumCram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 12:41 AM
  #40
armandh01
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,006
vCash: 500
Myers was playing like crap before he suffered a major injury. Now he has to recover from the said injury, rehab it, get back up to strength just so he can start from being crap again while we hope he becomes to star he is meant to be. You want to take on 5.5 cap hit on that? Absolutely asinine. We need a functional Dman NOW not bet on his health. We did that with Whitney.

This also isn't a case of "struggling at times", it is a case of struggling for awhile and that was before the injury; which will probably exasperated whatever issues he had before hand.


Myers value is currently no where near Yakupov.

armandh01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 12:46 AM
  #41
wunderpanda
Sabretage
 
wunderpanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,316
vCash: 500
Vanek and Hodgson for Yakupov and MPS

wunderpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 12:47 AM
  #42
CraniumCram
Syracuse '14
 
CraniumCram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Syracuse/Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 1,394
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by armandh01 View Post
Myers was playing like crap before he suffered a major injury. Now he has to recover from the said injury, rehab it, get back up to strength just so he can start from being crap again while we hope he becomes to star he is meant to be. You want to take on 5.5 cap hit on that? Absolutely asinine. We need a functional Dman NOW not bet on his health. We did that with Whitney.

This also isn't a case of "struggling at times", it is a case of struggling for awhile and that was before the injury; which will probably exasperated whatever issues he had before hand.


Myers value is currently no where near Yakupov.
You really know nothing of the situation...

When a sophomore player is expected to step up and become a teams #1 defenseman, bad things tend to happen. Myers has not gotten worse, he has played worse because of lofty expectations and too much pressure.

The fact is, Myers is far more proven than Yak in the NHL and GM's would be lining up around the corner if he were on the block.

CraniumCram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 12:50 AM
  #43
armandh01
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,006
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cramdizzl View Post
You really know nothing of the situation...

When a sophomore player is expected to step up and become a teams #1 defenseman, bad things tend to happen. Myers has not gotten worse, he has played worse because of lofty expectations and too much pressure.

The fact is, Myers is far more proven than Yak in the NHL and GM's would be lining up around the corner if he were on the block.
Maybe he's just not as good as you think then. If he can't handle Buffalo pressure he sure isn't handling Edmonton pressure.

armandh01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 01:05 AM
  #44
marciiauzii
Registered User
 
marciiauzii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Latvia
Country: Latvia
Posts: 406
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to marciiauzii
I would do it because those are the needs Oilers have. Dman and gritty 2nd/3rd line guy.
I know it wont happend but thats as close Oilers would get to be on the right track.

marciiauzii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 02:10 AM
  #45
CraniumCram
Syracuse '14
 
CraniumCram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Syracuse/Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 1,394
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by armandh01 View Post
Maybe he's just not as good as you think then. If he can't handle Buffalo pressure he sure isn't handling Edmonton pressure.
Again speaking out of ignorance. He's as good as we think, we've seen him play at his best and his worst and put up 48 pts as a rookie and win a Calder. I'm not talking about media pressure either, I'm talking about pressure from a coach to improve in all facets of the game in one season.

I don't need to argue about this, keep your winger, we'll keep our Dman.

CraniumCram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 02:19 AM
  #46
danisonfire
2313 Saint Catherine
 
danisonfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,125
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cramdizzl View Post
Again speaking out of ignorance. He's as good as we think, we've seen him play at his best and his worst and put up 48 pts as a rookie and win a Calder. I'm not talking about media pressure either, I'm talking about pressure from a coach to improve in all facets of the game in one season.

I don't need to argue about this, keep your winger, we'll keep our Dman.
Red flag for me personally.

danisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 02:30 AM
  #47
Djp
Registered User
 
Djp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Seattle,WA
Posts: 5,765
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by danisonfire View Post
Red flag for me personally.
You havent seen what Lindy ruff does to young players then....He isnt good with them.

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 02:47 AM
  #48
Djp
Registered User
 
Djp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Seattle,WA
Posts: 5,765
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlimasLoveChild View Post
You don't trade elite talent for 3rd line character... I think the Oilers would pass.
In edmonton's case you do....

I have said this in other threads.....i dont care who they trade with but that is what Edmonton needs....character guys. You cant make a good team by every year by collecting shinny new toys.

they need a culture change and a big part of that is to trade for some vet players.

I have said Boston would be a good trading partner with them because Boston needs to unload some of their players because of the wall they are against with the cap and the needs to resign players.....I mentioned they could trade Eberle + pick+ young prospect for something like Peverly, Boychuck, and Lucic. Boston has to unload salary with Rask being an RFA and horton, Jagr, and others UFAs.

Another example is the trade Columbus did with the Rangers for Nash where it was for Anisimov, Erixon, Dubinsky+ 1st. Not of those players are 1st line/top pairing players.

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 06:01 AM
  #49
tmack224
Registered User
 
tmack224's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 1,297
vCash: 500
I love when people say Myers will never be Chara. Chara was nothing until his 5-6 year out of the draft. Give Myers time...

tmack224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 06:22 AM
  #50
Fourier
Registered User
 
Fourier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Waterloo Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,656
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
No...we just dnt make the deal.

Buffalo is not tradng grigorenko or hodgson unless they draft a center( Barkov, lindholm, MacKinnon) or they were gettng a center back as part of the deal.

I'll trade Foligbo for Yakipov...one for one....


What Edmonton needs are character player, leaders and better secondary parts. Edmonton picking a forward at 7 does nothing to help them.

Edmonton needs to move Yakipov or Eberle smikar to the Nash trade where the add accessory parts.
First off Yakupov is a "character player". The kid has exceptional drive. He is also one of the hardest working players on the team. No question he will be a leader in years to come.

If Sean Monahan is available at #7 does he not fit your bill of "character players and leaders"?

Of course Edmonton needs the type of player you are speaking about. BUt they are far easier to come by than a kid like Yakupov. I've been following the Oilers since 1972. If I can remain patient why is it that fans of other teams don't seem to be able to?

Fourier is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:04 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.