HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread 4.0

Closed Thread

Old
05-17-2013, 02:47 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
You think that the pressure to get more Quebecers would start by signing the ones we've drafted. Archambault will be signed. And I do predict we let Walsh and Pribyl go.

Walsh is still a nice prospect though. If the Dogs weren't too young, I'd hope they'd sign him to a pro contract.
I'm hoping the new management team will figure out the way to go is to sign the right Quebecers instead of just what in the past appeared to be more the token Q pick. For example, I'd sign Alex Belzile before Archambault based off their play in Hamilton.

In the case of Archambault, I thought he did enough to get at least an AHL contract but if they opted not sign him then I don't have a problem with it.

I'd rather sign Pribyl then Walsh but i'm guessing neither gets inked although still 2 weeks to go for the deadline for Pribyl/Archambault.

Old
05-17-2013, 03:18 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilliam View Post
I remember last year Grant posted Timmins' list of his top 20 habs prospects. Archambault was a lot higher than most of us had him (between 5 and 10 IIRC).

This whole thread then mysteriously disappeared...
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsprospects View Post
It wasn't supposed to be posted, Timmins would have been mad at him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilliam View Post
Yeah that's what I thought. It's just the way it was done was funny since any mention of this thread were just deleted

Anyway, the only thing I remember from it is that Archambault was pretty high on his list.
In reality, what harm that can possibly do is beyond my comprehension. Presumably the thinking is other teams might gain insight to the direction the Habs are headed. Now that puzzles readers here I assume, the thought that other teams can't see those nuances clearly without having it printed is the comprehension part. Probably why it was posted to begin with I assume, no harm, no foul.

Old
05-17-2013, 03:53 PM
Habaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
In reality, what harm that can possibly do is beyond my comprehension. Presumably the thinking is other teams might gain insight to the direction the Habs are headed. Now that puzzles readers here I assume, the thought that other teams can't see those nuances clearly without having it printed is the comprehension part. Probably why it was posted to begin with I assume, no harm, no foul.
They are probably a lot more concerned about actual harm, that costs
them assets. I don't think something as vague as team direction would
matter much.

Old
05-17-2013, 04:03 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaddict View Post
They are probably a lot more concerned about actual harm, that costs
them assets. I don't think something as vague as team direction would
matter much.
Professional players live with that on a daily basis, to assume the opposition isn't aware of their team's players abilities is absurdity for the Habs, truly aren't respecting them as worthy opponents IMHO. Unless they think adversaries think so little of there scouting, they go by heresay and draft what they read about whom the Habs have on their list. Which isn't the case here it was rating their prospects, which now that I think about it could hurt them in a trade. But who's to say that's the actual list and not BS.

Last edited by S Bah: 05-17-2013 at 05:49 PM.
Old
05-17-2013, 05:06 PM
Booba
Fier, ému and proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I'm hoping the new management team will figure out the way to go is to sign the right Quebecers instead of just what in the past appeared to be more the token Q pick. For example, I'd sign Alex Belzile before Archambault based off their play in Hamilton.

In the case of Archambault, I thought he did enough to get at least an AHL contract but if they opted not sign him then I don't have a problem with it.

I'd rather sign Pribyl then Walsh but i'm guessing neither gets inked although still 2 weeks to go for the deadline for Pribyl/Archambault.
I would sign Walsh, Belzile and Archambault to AHL contracts. A 3 years ELC, sometimes 4 years (see Avtsin, Mayer and Delmas) is too long of a commitment for a prospect that could end up being a bordeline AHLer.

I'd like to see Pribyl in Hamilton next year but they'll need to give him an ELC to bring him over the North America. It's up to the Habs to decide if he deserves a ELC or not.

Old
05-17-2013, 05:16 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Delmas didn't get the ELC 1 year slide, 11-12, 12-13 & 13-14.

Old
05-17-2013, 05:57 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booba View Post
I would sign Walsh, Belzile and Archambault to AHL contracts. A 3 years ELC, sometimes 4 years (see Avtsin, Mayer and Delmas) is too long of a commitment for a prospect that could end up being a bordeline AHLer.

I'd like to see Pribyl in Hamilton next year but they'll need to give him an ELC to bring him over the North America. It's up to the Habs to decide if he deserves a ELC or not.
I'm not a scout obviously, from what I've read and seen barely anything compared, with no idea about some traits the scouts and trainers look at, I'd probably sign Archambault and Pribyl. Then Walsh would surprise and play to his ceiling, which is why they run an NHL team and haven't called for my expert opinions.

Old
05-20-2013, 03:09 AM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Very insightful article from MAG.

Nygren should be coming over in NA next season. His agent says Magnus is willing to play in the AHL.

As for Collberg, the Agent says he will show up for the NHL camp, but if he doesn't make the team, he will head back in Sweden to honor his contract with Frolunda.

http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/hockey...8_section_POS2

Old
05-20-2013, 07:17 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post

Nygren should be coming over in NA next season. His agent says Magnus is willing to play in the AHL.

As for Collberg, the Agent says he will show up for the NHL camp, but if he doesn't make the team, he will head back in Sweden to honor his contract with Frolunda.

Nygren will certainly, at best need a full year in Hamilton. But with him coming....we will have to change the face of this D. Makes no sense to have so many frail thin puck moving d-men without getting some big and nasty defensive D's in the mix.

Old
05-20-2013, 08:49 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Nygren will certainly, at best need a full year in Hamilton. But with him coming....we will have to change the face of this D. Makes no sense to have so many frail thin puck moving d-men without getting some big and nasty defensive D's in the mix.
Isn't Nygren like 6'1" 190lbs? How is that frail and rail thin?

We have Emelin Tinordi Pateryn and Didier as big/nasty d-men.

Old
05-20-2013, 08:51 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booba View Post

Archambault I'd let him walk, we can find a better prospect with a CHL free agent like Fournier(or other), even a guy like Desjardins, RN.

Old
05-20-2013, 10:13 AM
Ezpz
No mad pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Archambault I'd let him walk, we can find a better prospect with a CHL free agent like Fournier(or other), even a guy like Desjardins, RN.
Right now assuming we re-sign all our RFAs but Schultz and Stejskal we're at 40 contracts for next season after Kaberle buyout. We can sign 5 prospects easily this summer and still have room for free agency. Can't see why we wouldn't take a chance on the guys we drafted, even if they have terrible attitudes.

Right now Hamilton has 13 players signed and 4 goalies. Then you factor in there's a chance one of Beaulieu, Leblanc or Kristo make the team out of camp. We just have tons of room after Berger and Avtsin were released. Wouldn't surprise me to see us even take a couple overagers with our 6th/7th round picks just to get some bodies there. Maybe Andrighetto with our second third. Thrower might even not go back for an overage WHL season depending on how things unfold.

Leblanc-Dumont-Kristo
Blunden-Bournival-Holland
Quailer-Nattinen-???
???-???-???
???
???
???
???
???
???
???
???
???
Lefebvre()

I assume Tinordi makes Habs out of camp.
Beaulieu-Ellis
Pateryn-Dietz
??? ???

Tokarski
Mayer
Condon
Delmas

Old
05-20-2013, 11:19 AM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezpz View Post
Right now assuming we re-sign all our RFAs but Schultz and Stejskal we're at 40 contracts for next season after Kaberle buyout. We can sign 5 prospects easily this summer and still have room for free agency. Can't see why we wouldn't take a chance on the guys we drafted, even if they have terrible attitudes.

Right now Hamilton has 13 players signed and 4 goalies. Then you factor in there's a chance one of Beaulieu, Leblanc or Kristo make the team out of camp. We just have tons of room after Berger and Avtsin were released. Wouldn't surprise me to see us even take a couple overagers with our 6th/7th round picks just to get some bodies there. Maybe Andrighetto with our second third. Thrower might even not go back for an overage WHL season depending on how things unfold.

Leblanc-Dumont-Kristo
Quailer-Nattinen-???
???-???-???
???
???
???
???
???
???
???
???
???
Lefebvre()

Beaulieu-Ellis
Pateryn-Dietz
??? ???

Tokarski
Mayer
Condon
Delmas
Andrighetto can't make the CS rankings, why he's overage and can be signed by any team any time. Why on earth would the Habs use a 3rd round pick on a player that nobody wants to sign, think about it. Then put the fire out.

Old
05-20-2013, 11:22 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

IMO I don't think the habs signed Condon for the ECHL.

Does it seem to anyone else that 1 of Tokarski, or Mayer will be gone ? I'm hoping Mayer...

Old
05-20-2013, 11:22 AM
Richiebottles
Moonemojibro

Send a message via AIM to Richiebottles
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post

For sure Nygren will come over, he was so mad when he couldn't join the dogs this season. I think people will be really impressed with his skill set. Beaulieu is ahead of him right now but I could see a race between him and Nygren for a roster spot. I am really excited to see what he can do.

Old
05-20-2013, 11:23 AM
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
IMO I don't think the habs signed Condon for the ECHL.

Does it seem to anyone else that 1 of Tokarski, or Mayer will be gone ? I'm hoping Mayer...
Already reported that Mayer is sticking around and I don't see them getting rid of Tokarski either.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Old
05-20-2013, 11:28 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:

190lbs for that frame is thin for a D, and that's assuming that weight is with good training with little to improve on.

I think he means in Hamilton and Pateryn isn't 'nasty' by any means. He's like Drewiske IMO.

Old
05-20-2013, 11:45 AM
IceMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Andrighetto can't make the CS rankings, why he's overage and can be signed by any team any time. Why on earth would the Habs use a 3rd round pick on a player that nobody wants to sign, think about it. Then put the fire out.
I'm not an expert but I thought a player becomes a UFA after he is 20yo. That would mean he can still be drafted this year and if he's not, he will become available next year as a UFA.

Old
05-20-2013, 11:48 AM
Treb

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceMaster View Post
I'm not an expert but I thought a player becomes a UFA after he is 20yo. That would mean he can still be drafted this year and if he's not, he will become available next year as a UFA.
IIRC Andrighetto is at his last draft, so that means he can be signed right after the draft if he goes undrafted again.

Old
05-20-2013, 12:10 PM
niftymove

Exactly, Andrighetto is born on Mars 1993, so he will be no more than 20 years old on dec 31 2013 (the upper limit for NA player to be draft eligible)

So, he becomes UFA after june the 30th if nobody draft him.

I just wonder: if he goes back playing in Europa, will he be draft eligible again???

I would give him a try-out with the Bulldogs.

Old
05-20-2013, 12:17 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:

'Cause he's still easily pushed around and not a big initiator physically. Probably the best than any other frail guys we have but yet not a menace physically.

As far as the ones you name...there are no indiciation that neither Pateryn or Didier will ever make it.

Old
05-20-2013, 12:36 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by denidd View Post
Exactly, Andrighetto is born on Mars 1993, so he will be no more than 20 years old on dec 31 2013 (the upper limit for NA player to be draft eligible)

So, he becomes UFA after june the 30th if nobody draft him.

I just wonder: if he goes back playing in Europa, will he be draft eligible again???

I would give him a try-out with the Bulldogs.
He's getting drafted for sure. Kind of reminds me of Azevedo.

Old
05-20-2013, 12:44 PM
ccgg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezpz View Post

Leblanc-Dumont-Kristo
Quailer-Nattinen-???
???-???-???
???
???
???
???
???
???
???
???
???
Lefebvre()

Beaulieu-Ellis
Pateryn-Dietz
??? ???

Tokarski
Mayer
Condon
Delmas
I hope that we sign a very good forward like Alexandre Bolduc. Our young forwards deserve help. And I'm a fan of Josh Currie and Stéfan Fournier, two great leaders, one was probably the best captain in the Q this season with great defensive skills and the other has a great size and he uses it very well.

Leblanc-Bolduc-Kristo
Blunden-Dumont-Holland
Nattinen-Bournival-Stéfan Fournier
Quailer-Josh Currie-PL3 / Schultz

Beaulieu-Pateryn
Nygren-Ellis
Jim Vandermeer or any veteran-Dietz

Tokarski / Mayer

Old
05-20-2013, 12:52 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
190lbs for that frame is thin for a D, and that's assuming that weight is with good training with little to improve on.

I think he means in Hamilton and Pateryn isn't 'nasty' by any means. He's like Drewiske IMO.
Pateryn is smart, has very good size, takes the body and blocks shots, pretty much what you want from a stay at home d-man.

Not sure what you defenition of nasty, but if we have a"developped" Tinordi plus Emelin we'll have one of the "meaner" defense corps in the NHL.

Old
05-20-2013, 12:58 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by denidd View Post
No, he played here at age 18 and 19, he is considered like an N-A players for draft rules.

Closed Thread