HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Pearson Experiment

Old
05-20-2013, 01:32 AM
apadilla

vCash: 500
The Pearson Experiment

Here is hoping Jordan Nolan will be back in the lineup tomorrow night. Giving him game 3 off and seeing what Pearson could do was cool, but it is time to go back to what worked last year. The Kings need a banger out there, and Nolan is the guy.

As for Pearson, I see him being a reincarnation of Trevor Lewis, you know, taking a few years to find his game, but like Trevor, I think he will get there.

apadilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 01:39 AM
apadilla

And Jake Muzzin played a decent game yesterday, leaving out the delay of game penalty, but still I'd like to see him sit for a game, and give AMart another chance.

Old
05-20-2013, 01:55 AM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Meh, Pearson was fine in the little time he had and Nolan hasn't exactly been good. Nolan (as well as King) is the benefactor of our extreme lack of NHL quality depth on left wing, because they both have been poor. Whatever Sutter wants to do is fine, but I'm not about to be pining for Jordan Nolan.

ScoreZeGoals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 02:03 AM
apadilla

cool beans, i'm up for finding out what ds is going to do with today's lineup, i expect at least one change, maybe two,

Old
05-20-2013, 02:07 AM
TheSlovenian

It was just one game ...

TheSlovenian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 02:36 AM
Winger23

Quote:
Originally Posted by apadilla View Post
And Jake Muzzin played a decent game yesterday, leaving out the delay of game penalty, but still I'd like to see him sit for a game, and give AMart another chance.
Considering the sharks only scored in regulation on said penalty cost the kings the game. He wasn't even under much pressure.

I realize you have to take The bad with good but I would really prefer martinez over him.

I'm blaming the loss on the lack of our first line not producing than throwing the kid under the bus.

Winger23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 03:16 AM
Albi

Send a message via MSN to Albi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger23 View Post
Considering the sharks only scored in regulation on said penalty cost the kings the game. He wasn't even under much pressure.

I realize you have to take The bad with good but I would really prefer martinez over him.

I'm blaming the loss on the lack of our first line not producing than throwing the kid under the bus.
this

Albi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 03:28 AM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

Quote:
Originally Posted by apadilla View Post
cool beans, i'm up for finding out what ds is going to do with today's lineup, i expect at least one change, maybe two,
The game is Tuesday

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 08:48 AM
Model62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
The game is Tuesday
Looks like I picked the wrong day to start drinking early on game day.

Model62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 09:38 AM
kingsboy11
Thank You Landon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Model62 View Post

kingsboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 09:39 AM
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Model62 View Post
Looks like I picked the wrong day to stop sniffing glue.

agentfouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 10:22 AM
apadilla

Quote:

the end result is i need to give my Title's a better fit, instead of "the pearson experiment", i should of gone with "Changes to make for game 4",

throwing pearson under the bus wasn't meant to be the storyline, my bad, as like trevor, i think he is going to be a good one,

Old
05-20-2013, 10:33 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Remember Pearson isn't a fourth line grinder nor is he a TLewis type. Peason is a top 6 LW who has good size and very good vision. He has a solid set of hands on him and can skate as well as most anyone else.

He got his feet wet and looked very good for a kid playing in his first game and in a playoff game to boot. He was in the right place at the right time more often then not and even made two very nice passes.

I see him being a perfect answer for our 2nd line LW need and maybe as early as sometime through next season.

I do agree that we need a banger for our bottom 6 but I would giv Andy Andy a few minutes if Nolan needs another game to get his wrist back to good. Andy would at least go out and beat someone if needed and can also make a great hit or two.

Pearson looked really good for his first game. He is going to be a good one.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 10:35 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:

And Ellerby left his man wide open to score. He completely blew his assignment. It comes down to which of the two you would rather have out there, Muzzin or Ellerby. At this point it is a no brainer to me. Muzzin has played a much better game.

I also think that A Mart being out of the line up has to be reflective of his continuing injury troubles. A Mart is head and shoulders better than either of the kids.

Old
05-20-2013, 11:01 AM
lakings41

The player to sit is the "unscratchable" Dwight King. He's been **** all year.
I'd much rather have Jordo in the line-up. Brings a lot more to the table.

lakings41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 11:23 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakings41 View Post
The player to sit is the "unscratchable" Dwight King. He's been **** all year.
I'd much rather have Jordo in the line-up. Brings a lot more to the table.
King has been largely ineffective for long stretches during these playoffs. We won 6 games in a row and then changed our line up. I would go back to the line up that won us 6 in a row. I agree that King hasnt done much but was need a win tomorrow night.

Old
05-20-2013, 12:04 PM
Winger23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
King has been largely ineffective for long stretches during these playoffs. We won 6 games in a row and then changed our line up. I would go back to the line up that won us 6 in a row. I agree that King hasnt done much but was need a win tomorrow night.
Bottom line is production. Scoring just 1 goal isn't going to win many games and outside of game 2 the offense has struggled all playoffs.

I would argue quick was the reason for the streak more so than the previous lines, plus with stoll out its kind of hard not to shuffle it around a bit.

Old
05-20-2013, 12:45 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Bottom line is production. Scoring just 1 goal isn't going to win many games and outside of game 2 the offense has struggled all playoffs.

I would argue quick was the reason for the streak more so than the previous lines, plus with stoll out its kind of hard not to shuffle it around a bit.
Fair points for sure but there is also team chemistry to consider. While I agree that replacing King should be something we could do without upsetting the apple cart too much if at all sometimes for reasons that nobody can figure out a team just plays better with certain people on it.

DS simply has to put Martinez back in the line up. If we have to watch one more game where for reasons unknown to anyone but himself he decides that Ellerby and Muzzin should be paired together then he is going to lose allot support. Still think he is a great coach but I can't come close to figuring out why he would pair two rookies on D during the playoffs when they have only had at best average play together.

I would bench King and put Pearson in for him but I would also go back to the roster that had just won us 6 games in a row first.

To me ripping the bandaid off that is the Muzzin Ellerby pairing would be more important though.

Old
05-20-2013, 01:35 PM
Winger23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Fair points for sure but there is also team chemistry to consider. While I agree that replacing King should be something we could do without upsetting@ the apple cart too much if at all sometimes for reasons that nobody can figure out a team just plays better with certain people on it.

DS simply has to put Martinez back in the line up. If we have to watch one more game where for reasons unknown to anyone but himself he decides that Ellerby and Muzzin should be paired together then he is going to lose allot support. Still think he is a great coach but I can't come close to figuring out why he would pair two rookies on D during the playoffs when they have only had at best average play together.

I would bench King and put Pearson in for him but I would also go back to the roster that had just won us 6 games in a row first.

To me ripping the bandaid off that is the Muzzin Ellerby pairing would be more important though.
I agree with everything 100 percent. Pearson for king makes a ton of sense and martinez should replace muzzin for a game so the D pairings are balanced with 1offensive and defensive on each.

Old
05-20-2013, 02:45 PM
Johnny Utah

I don't understand why you put a rookie on the 4th line with Clifford and Nolan already out. Kings finally got run physically by a very soft Sharks team especially with the Torres suspension and the trades of Clowe and Murray.

Nolan has def done something to upset Sutter this year...He has been scratched during the regular season a game or two and half of the playoffs.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 02:52 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
I don't understand why you put a rookie on the 4th line with Clifford and Nolan already out. Kings finally got run physically by a very soft Sharks team especially with the Torres suspension and the trades of Clowe and Murray.

Nolan has def done something to upset Sutter this year...He has been scratched during the regular season a game or two and half of the playoffs.
The whole 4th line had gotten away from what made them successful in last year's playoffs, which is getting the puck deep and banging away then being responsible defensively. I can think of several times this year when Fraser tried to make a blue-line drop pass or Nolan tried to dangle his way into the zone resulting in turnovers. Heck, they aren't even getting speed in so they can forecheck. i would imagine the benchings, which aren't limited to Nolan, are due to that.

Edit: not to mention a string of stupid penalties, but Nolan definitely wasn't the only one doing that.

Brad Doty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 03:02 PM
Johnny Utah

I sometimes forget that the 4th line from LAST YEAR really hasn't been in tact this year.

Going into the playoffs it was Nolan-Fraser-Clifford. Clifford got hammered from behind by Byron Bitz and Richardson came in making it Nolan-Fraser-Richardson. Then Gagne came back and it was Nolan-Fraser-Gagne.

Most of this year it was Nolan-Clifford-Fraser but then switched again to Nolan-Richardson-Clifford and lately Nolan-Fraser-Richardson or Pearson-Fraser-Richardson.

I don't know why Sutter just doesn't stick with Nolan-Fraser-Cliffy or Nolan-Fraser-Richards while Cliffy is hurt. I know the Sharks have quite a bit of speed and may expose the Nolan-Fraser-Clifford line so put Richardson in for either Nolan or Clifford...So you can have speed and size...

I don't understand Pearson. They refer to him as a power forward but he's not overly physical, he doesn't fight, didn't really see him check, he is barely 6'-0". He should be playing on the 2nd or 3rd line, not on a checking line if he is more a finisher who goes to the dirty areas. But the 4the line needs size and toughness and speed.

If Sutter is not happy with Nolan while Clifford is hurt, give Anthony Stewart a shot at least.

Old
05-20-2013, 03:03 PM
christhn

Based on today's practice report, Clifford may be back tomorrow; so I don't think you have to worry about Pearson for much longer.

christhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 03:11 PM
Johnny Utah

Thank god. No offense to Pearson but I hear everyone raving about him being a power forward. Well, I really didn't see anything like that in Game 3. Granted, it was a little window. But I expect a power forward to be hitting, skating hard, going to the net and causing havoc. Then I looked up Pearson's stats and saw he has 2 career fights. Before anyone jumps on me, I know that doesn't make a player necessarily tough, but when I think of power forwards I think of Lucic, Simmonds, Clowe, Iginla, etc...Seems like that is not his game.

Old
05-20-2013, 03:16 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Thank god. No offense to Pearson but I hear everyone raving about him being a power forward. Well, I really didn't see anything like that in Game 3. Granted, it was a little window. But I expect a power forward to be hitting, skating hard, going to the net and causing havoc. Then I looked up Pearson's stats and saw he has 2 career fights. Before anyone jumps on me, I know that doesn't make a player necessarily tough, but when I think of power forwards I think of Lucic, Simmonds, Clowe, Iginla, etc...Seems like that is not his game.
Pearson is an in front of the net guy

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote